Zen Pinball 3D Page 9

• Page

of 9 First / Last

Next
  • Raiko101 8 Mar 2012 18:54:09 6,620 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    To open the door and initiate the siege you have to hit the secret entrance next to the left hand side tunnel, if that makes sense. It's the one you come out of every time a new ball is fired on to the table. o. Every time you do this that log of wood, whatever it's called, will move closer to the door. Do this 3 or 4 times and the door opens up.

When you go through the door you'll initiate a challenge which involves a load of archers and a canon that you have to load by hitting the right hand side ramp, over and over. The canon should destroy the castle with the door, but i've never completed the mission.

The beast appearing instead of the dragon is a Knights Tale, I do believe. Never completed that one either. :D

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87 (Dave)
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• zoolophage 8 Mar 2012 19:00:07 2,049 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    mitche11 wrote:
    I finally figured out how to score big points on Shaman, not that it has done me much good. Tip - You want to activate the yellow, red and blue vortexes so that they're spinning simultaneously. I'm top of the friends leader board for now, but only just. My score is pathetic considering I know how to score in the millions. No doubt you guys will be racking up some seriously high scores in no time.
    Ok, beat your top score on Shaman. I did activate the Whirlwind Juggler but scored zero points on it as I couldn't shoot through the yellow portal (playing on the train, which is a bit wobbly). I had another game where I scored about 8 million and gained an extra ball using it.

It is difficult to activate all the portals at the same time and it also seems quite deadly if you miss a shot. The ball is very easy to drain on Shaman. Another thing that I noticed, which everyone no doubt knows about already, is that every time you press the flippers the lights above the flippers move, so it's quite easy to light the ball save after a few shots no matter where it drops from. I guess this works on all the other tables too, just never noticed it before. It should be super easy to constantly light 'jade' on El D doing that.

3DS: 2019-9957-3472

• Raiko101 8 Mar 2012 22:39:28 6,620 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    How do you activate the red swirl? I've never done intentionally. My highest score didn't come from doing this. It came from repeatedly hitting the ramps. It sets of a combo thingy that keeps chucking hundreds of thousands of points each time.

• zoolophage 8 Mar 2012 22:52:07 2,049 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    One way to do is to wait until the ball is just about to fall off the flipper and then fire it.

• Raiko101 8 Mar 2012 23:54:29 6,620 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I figured it out. I didn't realise you had to fire it into the hole next to the swirl. Damn i'm slow. I remember why I dislike this table though. More often than not you'll lose a ball because you were unlucky. Because the ball reacted in a way you couldn't anticipate, etc... This table just takes that to the extreme. I've forgotten how to set up the kickbacks on either side, so I gave up in the end. It's a nice idea for a table, but I don't think it's executed too well.

Edited by Raiko101 at 00:50:52 09-03-2012

• deez 9 Mar 2012 16:05:25 86 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Raiko101 wrote:
    To open the door and initiate the siege you have to hit the secret entrance next to the left hand side tunnel, if that makes sense. It's the one you come out of every time a new ball is fired on to the table. o. Every time you do this that log of wood, whatever it's called, will move closer to the door. Do this 3 or 4 times and the door opens up.
    D
    You have to fire it through that path after the pall has come down through the channel to the right hand side of the right flipper also, in normal play going up there does something else.
  • deez 9 Mar 2012 16:51:29 86 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    zoolophage wrote:
    every time you press the flippers the lights above the flippers move, so it's quite easy to light the ball save after a few shots no matter where it drops from. I guess this works on all the other tables too, just never noticed it before. It should be super easy to constantly light 'jade' on El D doing that.
    Pretty much guarantees the Excalibur skill shot to get you to a nice 500k start also.
  • zoolophage 22 Nov 2012 16:32:03 2,049 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Played for the first time in ages last night and almost broke my top score on Earth Defence on my first try. This game is still far and away my most played game time wise on the 3DS. I never really got into Marvel Pinball for some reason.

• Buenos_Estente 22 Nov 2012 17:01:37 268 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Exactly the same here, played Zen to death and only moderately abused the Marvel one... may play a few games (that will inevitable stretch till the red light flashes) tonight

3ds - 3909-7778-4988 / Xbox live - Buenos E
    PSN/NNID - Buenos1980

• Raiko101 22 Nov 2012 18:39:30 6,620 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I clocked up 60 hours on this game. It's the leaderboards and the competitiveness on here that kept me playing for so long. It's a solid game though! I still play this from time to time (and check those leaderboards too!).

• Page

of 9 First / Last

Next