Xbox One Page 3

• Page

of 976 First / Last

• HoriZon 2 Jan 2012 17:23:09 13,496 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Wont be this year to many triple A games coming out and one big 360 one at the end of the year they wont want to off balance that.

I used to be a gamer like you, then I took an arrow in the knee.

• RobTheBuilder 2 Jan 2012 17:29:24 6,521 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    It seem illogical to me that Microsoft would announce Halo 4 and NOT have a new console to go with it...

It's like firing all your bullets before upgrading the gun, unless Halo 4 is their last big cash cow to milk before next gen.
  • Deleted user 2 January 2012 18:23:34
    Spectacularly? That'd need to be trailing spectacularly to recover spectacularly wouldn't they?

Spectaculary
  • the_dudefather 2 Jan 2012 18:39:53 9,181 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I heard a rumour that the next xbox is going to be backwards compatible with the Saturn, Dreamcast and it comes with a VMU slot

(ง ͠ ͟ʖ ͡)

• superdelphinus 2 Jan 2012 18:58:01 8,011 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Sony as a company is bleeding money at the moment, but these things are cyclical. As we saw with the ps3 this generation, all it would take is for the nextbox to be a pile of crap and all the 360's good work is undone.

I can't wait for both of them to be honest. And the inevitable iGamer.
  • Deleted user 2 January 2012 19:20:25
    Well i think sony have trundled along, mainly by virtue of the momentum they already had and the fact there are only 3 players in the industry and the consumer has vast pockets. If a fourth option was to join the party i think Sony would be squeezed to the side, not survive if they put in another performance like this generation.
  • richarddavies 2 Jan 2012 19:25:13 2,581 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    the_dudefather wrote:
    I heard a rumour that the next xbox is going to be backwards compatible with the Saturn, Dreamcast and it comes with a VMU slot
    I would cry like a middle aged fat bint at a wedding with happiness if that happened.
  • oceanmotion 2 Jan 2012 19:37:58 15,642 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Does anyone think online play will be a bigger factor next gen?

It's getting more mainstream and while not everyone is into it, there should be a large slice. Nintendo will have to up their game considerably, Sony are doing fine, should be even better next time, MS as usual know their stuff but I think it's time for them to bite the bullet and set online play free. It's a money maker for sure but I think it ultimately stops them doing better no matter what the profit offset Gold subs provide and they have other revenue streams too as they monetize everything.

Paying to play online is a hindrance more than anything now and that's all your paying for no matter how much MS wants you to think the fluff extras are value. Yes, it's little money a month but they are alone in charging for online and I think it hurts them more than they think. Next gen if anything should allow the others to point out how much of a robbery it is unless they start charging that is :D

Edited by oceanmotion at 19:39:26 02-01-2012
  • whatthefu 2 Jan 2012 19:41:12 851 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    anyway, will the next xbox be a malfunctioning POS?
    certainly the reason i never bothered buying a 360.
  • siallen 2 Jan 2012 19:43:15 17 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @spacedelete

i kind of agree with what your saying about sony , there next gen console is massive for them if it fails it could spell the beginning of the end , they are struggling big time with all there electrical products, the ps3 is there biggest selling product

http://www.businessweek.com/globalbiz/content/jan2009/gb20090114_843912.htm

link above is info on A December Credit Suisse report raises the prospect of bankruptcy for the Japanese electronics giant due to its declining quick ratio
  • oceanmotion 2 Jan 2012 19:46:29 15,642 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Blu-Ray is pretty successful now so probably worth it in the end for Sony.

Cell and all the other little extras at launch were bad choices.

Looking back I imagine if they went without Blu-Ray and Cell they probably would have steam rolled MS.
  • pinebear 2 Jan 2012 20:00:55 8,565 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    richarddavies wrote:
    the_dudefather wrote:
    I would cry like a middle aged fat bint at a wedding with happiness if that happened.
    Shenmue III as Xbox Next exclusive confirmed.

• Bremenacht 2 Jan 2012 20:09:39 17,600 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Did someone open a portal to the comments threads?
  • pinebear 2 Jan 2012 20:15:50 8,565 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I tried to think of the most harmless thing. Something I loved from my childhood. Something that could never, ever possibly destroy us.

• Page

of 976 First / Last