Xbox One Page 2

• Page

of 1008 First / Last

• Buztafen 17 Nov 2011 12:03:07 16,147 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I think ive just found my Christmas present to myself! :)
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 25 Nov 2011 10:20:54 37,664 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Digital Foundry says There will be two versions of the next Xbox. A stripped down set-top box with no optical drive and fully fledged one for the "hardcore".

So a retard version and a non-retard version. I'll let you decide which is which though :)

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• Deleted user 25 November 2011 10:24:49
    Digital Foundry in talking probable bollocks shocker :p
  • Deckard1 25 Nov 2011 10:26:27 27,584 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Kinda makes sense to me. Could be a good way to try and steal some of the soccer mom(Nintendo) market.

Hush you ponce

• Deleted user 25 November 2011 10:30:11
    That's the same as the 360 launch, where they have had 2 different units on launch day, that could well be true.
  • AcidSnake 25 Nov 2011 10:31:35 7,233 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    So the "casual" one will mean buying online by connecting your box to the net and buying virtual points and spending them, and the "core" one will allow you to buy a game in a store and put it in the machine...

I can see which I think is easier for those soccer moms...

AcidSnake - He can't see your sig, avatar, images or vids and talks about himself in the third person because he's proper old-skool...UID 24017

• cowell 25 Nov 2011 10:32:26 691 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago

Excellent photoshop work
  • mrpon 25 Nov 2011 10:34:04 28,713 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    :lol:

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• Tom_Servo 25 Nov 2011 10:34:33 17,410 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    They kinda did that for the 360 to a lesser extent, didn't they? I actually thought that having two different set-ups would be something they'd want to avoid since it led to developers not really being able to utilise the hard drive properly.
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 25 Nov 2011 10:39:32 37,664 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I also hear that the hardcore Xbox will include a port to insert your penis so it can blow you while playing Gears of War 4. Beat THAT Sony.

• Ryze 25 Nov 2011 10:49:52 3,123 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    AcidSnake wrote:
    I'd like some sort of dedicated fast reload memory...
    So you load up the level which takes up two memory units (maybe just virtual instead of physical) and start playing on the first...If you die or retry you'll switch to the second and can instantly continue while the first reloads itself in the background in case you die/retry again...
    16-64GB cache of integrated flash storage (on the SATA / PCIe bus) - that would do away for the need for a mandatory HDD or an SSD.

Could be used to cache the most recently (down)loaded data, and also to 'read-ahead' while the game ISN'T loading. and drastically reduce loading times when replaying the same games.

I do wonder if this will happen... it'd make a huge difference, just as a 12x 'optical disc at 25GB(-32GB perhaps) per layer' ala Wii-U would also.
  • Deleted user 25 November 2011 11:23:08
    I'm wondering if the dev time for games is going to get even longer, so instead of getting a game every two years it will be 4 between each.
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 25 Nov 2011 11:29:57 37,664 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @Billy_Sastard - your willy has a vibrate function? Impressive.

• AcidSnake 25 Nov 2011 11:30:02 7,233 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Hindle:
    And they'll all release in a span of 2 months...

AcidSnake - He can't see your sig, avatar, images or vids and talks about himself in the third person because he's proper old-skool...UID 24017

• oceanmotion 2 Jan 2012 13:21:31 15,770 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Since that other one was locked..

Sometime in the future.

I think they will announce Kinect/Xbox for TVs at CES. Xbox 3 will be announced at some MS only event. I'm cooling on a 2012 launch now and I'm starting to think they will go for a March 2013 reveal, E3 2013 hands on and launch games, then launch in November 2013 with core IP that might be good from Rare after all these years. I don't think WiiU will launch in 2012 either, more likely a delayed launch to first half of 2013.
  • siallen 2 Jan 2012 13:26:23 17 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @oceanmotion

yea thats a good shout , i just hope they get it right first time and its not hurried and they dont have a rrod situation again , rrod only happend to me once but it shouldnt of happened at all.
  • heyyo 2 Jan 2012 13:55:04 14,374 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Over one and a half years for another console, it should have launched last year.
  • lucky_jim 2 Jan 2012 13:57:55 5,276 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I wish it did launch last year, then it might have actually been a games machine. Now, looking at Microsoft's recent direction, it's all going to be Kinect and fucking adverts. The new dash has done a really good job of convincing me to treat Microsoft's next console with a huge dollop of caution, I'm fully expecting it to be shit.
  • oceanmotion 2 Jan 2012 14:35:21 15,770 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    They look like they're taking their eye off the ball but the sales say otherwise. It just keeps getting better and better for them. Have they been saving new IP for a new console and leaving it up to 3rd party for the core, good games though but I somehow doubt they have gems waiting to be shown off. They could have nothing but Kinect exclusives then show off Call of Duty next gen and all is right in Xbox 3 land.

I think they are squeezing consumers too much, it's choice in the end but it feels with every new feature, monetization goes up another level and they continue to take the piss with new Gold features. I suppose it will never end because people want to play online, me included though I have only gone for that 1 month gold stacking so called glitch ages ago. I've always liked Xbox, games on the systems, controller especially but MS make it harder every year to get excited about the future of Xbox.

Still, there is a good selection of great games which is the cake after all so can't be too glum. Don't tilt the boat too far MS.
  • Razz 2 Jan 2012 15:21:42 60,997 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    oceanmotion wrote:
    They look like they're taking their eye off the ball but the sales say otherwise. It just keeps getting better and better for them. Have they been saving new IP for a new console and leaving it up to 3rd party for the core, good games though but I somehow doubt they have gems waiting to be shown off. They could have nothing but Kinect exclusives then show off Call of Duty next gen and all is right in Xbox 3 land.

I think they are squeezing consumers too much, it's choice in the end but it feels with every new feature, monetization goes up another level and they continue to take the piss with new Gold features. I suppose it will never end because people want to play online, me included though I have only gone for that 1 month gold stacking so called glitch ages ago. I've always liked Xbox, games on the systems, controller especially but MS make it harder every year to get excited about the future of Xbox.

Still, there is a good selection of great games which is the cake after all so can't be too glum. Don't tilt the boat too far MS.
    You know how it is, every time one console manufacturer becomes too powerful and overconfident the gaming audience abandon them and move on another platform. Happened to Nintendo with the N64, happened to Sony with the PS3, I reckon it will happen to Microsoft one day too. Looking at previous patterns, nintendo and Sony had two market dominating consoles in a row before the bubble burst, so seeing as the Nintendo dominated this generation (selling almost twice as much as Microsoft) and the negative reaction to the Wii-U, Microsoft could well dominate the next generation and the one after that, then make a really stupid decision and be shunned by everyone.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856

• RobTheBuilder 2 Jan 2012 15:41:14 6,521 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I think the next generation will be fascinating for many reasons.

1. It's the first true HD generation (real 1080p games, no upscaling)

2. It's conceivably likely to be the last generation that is primarily disc based

3. There is no clear market leader going into this generation. For the past generations we had Sony, Sony, Sega, Nintendo, Atati in a clear lead, this time it's very very even

4. Cost per noticeable visual increase is going up, the visual leap factor is diminishing, so getting people to buy into it once the hardcore are bought up will be interesting, and likely where Kinect and co will come in
  • Razz 2 Jan 2012 15:53:55 60,997 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    LOL When has Sega ever had a clear lead? Nintendo beat them every time.

Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856

• RobTheBuilder 2 Jan 2012 16:02:07 6,521 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Touche. I was just thinking about that.
  • Deleted user 2 January 2012 16:14:32
    I doubt either of the consoles will be announced this year, giving out info on the next Xbox at E3 would take away the attention from Halo 4. If anything I can see MS doing thier own show in Oct that will show off the console for the first time.
  • Deleted user 2 January 2012 17:16:50
    If Msoft could sort out some decent fist party studios, they def be onto a winner.

I don't own a 360. All my friends have one. But as a ps3 owner it seems that they are in a decent positions. Games last year seemed to be lacking, but because they launched early last time, the 360 as seemed always the more accesible console down the line - its cheaper and has a full libraby of 3rd party games (Take note nintendo). Its online is well regarded.

I love my ps3, and its first party games have kept me there (the promise of FF and MGS, plus with now naughty dog and santa monica studios and a couple of others have kept me there), but sony seem to be in a sticky position with there finances. MSOFT if they wanted could just buy their way to dominance next time round.

And again its seems concievable they going to launch a year or so ahead.

Its def going to be interesting. Alot of surpises in store.
  • Page

of 1008 First / Last