Paedogeddon - Jimmy Savile and other celebs Page 30

• Page

of 108 First / Last

• Moot_Point 10 Nov 2012 23:07:43 3,507 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Dogme Agreed. He wasn't blind to how big this story was, and should of had his finger on the pulse. End of story!

================================================================================

mowgli wrote: I can't believe this is still going. I'm far too hungover for this. I did not poop on a chair lol!

• Maturin 10 Nov 2012 23:30:31 2,732 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I don't think he's a scapegoat. He has made some pretty poor decisions and failed to get a grip. His inability to be curious about what the people below him are doing is ridiculous.

His performance on the Today programme this morning showed someone incapable of managing the BBC. He had to go, not as a sacrificial lamb for the failings of others - notably Newsnight - but due to his own incompetence.
  • neilka 10 Nov 2012 23:36:17 14,942 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    At least he didn't fuck any kids.

OR DID HE
  • jellyhead 10 Nov 2012 23:58:33 24,350 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yes but societies that had young marriages and ages of consent also had lower life expectancies. They did not have the anatomical or medical knowledge we have now either. Daughters were much more closely guarded and precious.

'Paedo shit' would have been unacceptable back then too, it's just the lines would be different but people are people so i'm sure it occurred. Wikipaedia will have articles on marriage customs that would help define taboo ages.

This signature intentionally left blank.

• X201 11 Nov 2012 00:10:37 14,696 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    jellyhead wrote:
    How did NewsNight fuck it up so badly after all that has gone on prior to this? Not boradcasting something they should have and now broadcasting something they shouldn't. FFS.
    And now Murdoch will assault the BBC relentlessly so he can get more power for his pay-for-propaganda networks. This is like Christmas to him.

I just hope it doesn't distract from the main investigations too much.

John Walker hit the nail on the head - posted before Entwhistle's resignation.
    http://botherer.org/2012/11/10/the-bbc-is-not-in-crisis-and-the-bbc-needs-to-stop-saying-it-is/
  • localnotail 11 Nov 2012 00:57:33 23,093 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Paxman's statement on the resignation is a bold salvo:
     George Entwistle’s departure is a great shame. He has been brought low by cowards and incompetents.
    The real problem here is the BBC’s decision, in the wake of the Hutton Inquiry, to play safe by appointing biddable people.
    They then compounded the problem by enforcing a series of cuts on programme budgets, while bloating the management.
    That is how you arrive at the current mess on Newsnight. I very much doubt the problem is unique to that programme
    I had hoped that George might stay to sort this out. It is a great pity that a talented man has been sacrificed while time-servers prosper. I shall not be issuing any further statements or doing any interviews.

A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

• jellyhead 11 Nov 2012 01:18:11 24,350 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Very bold. It echoes what John Walker said in the Botherer link above about the BBC's bloated management layers.

• repairmanjack 11 Nov 2012 12:11:15 5,956 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Dogme wrote:
    ecureuil wrote:
    I feel sorry for him tbh. He had no choice, he made some very serious mistakes.
    More like he didn't want to have to deal with everything to do with Jimmy Saville and whoever else is/was a nonce at the BBC and used this fuss over Newsnight to resign. I don 't feel sorry for him at all. Who would want the job now?
    Philip Schofield?
  • DaM 11 Nov 2012 12:56:29 12,606 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    repairmanjack wrote:
    Dogme wrote:
    ecureuil wrote:
    I feel sorry for him tbh. He had no choice, he made some very serious mistakes.
    More like he didn't want to have to deal with everything to do with Jimmy Saville and whoever else is/was a nonce at the BBC and used this fuss over Newsnight to resign. I don 't feel sorry for him at all. Who would want the job now?
    Philip Schofield?
    I think there is someone behind Schofield, guiding him, manipulating him. I think he will be revealed soon....

• JoeBlade 11 Nov 2012 16:10:28 2,413 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I didn't rate Bronski Beat much either but the bile directed at Jimmy in here is a bit excessive.

/rereads thread title

Oh...
  • jellyhead 12 Nov 2012 11:03:08 24,350 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Concerns that the vitims are being ignored in the media feeding frenzy.

I agree, sure the issues with the mistakes the Beeb and Newsnight made need to be addressed but we should not take our eyes off the digusting actions of celebrities and politicians that they have gotten away with for decades!

• mal 12 Nov 2012 11:26:56 21,956 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Isn't the paedo shit in the hands of the police now. I don't see what value having the media involved in it had any more. In fact, surely it's likely to lead to the privacy of more victims being invaded?

Cubby didn't know how to turn off sigs!

• jellyhead 12 Nov 2012 11:33:17 24,350 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    It's more about the murdoch media turning on the bbc which is distracting the public from the main issues leaving those involved free to do what they want.

If we don't keep our eyes on these investigations i bet they'll just be hushed up again and the bbc torn apart which would suit the tories down to the ground.

I hope i'm just being cynical and defeatist and there are people who want to get to the truths regardless of politics or power. I doubt they'll be involved though. I'm just in a mood today and the thought of these terrible actions being covered up to protect rich perverts pretending to be our moral betters infuriates me.

• Bremenacht 12 Nov 2012 11:33:28 15,753 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Who (or what) else would hold the actions of the Police, the Government and the BBC to account? You're probably right about privacy being invaded, but they're still shit-scared of what Levenson might do, so they'll play nice for now. (If putting the boot into the hated BBC counts as being 'nice' :( )

@mal

Edited by Bremenacht at 11:33:54 12-11-2012

Once an eagle taught me courage. And I will never forget that day

• Bremenacht 12 Nov 2012 11:36:32 15,753 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @jellyhead The liklihood of criminal charges being brought against anyone who covered up in the past should ensure that no-one attempts to cover up now.

*should*

Once an eagle taught me courage. And I will never forget that day

• jellyhead 12 Nov 2012 11:38:43 24,350 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    They've started already:

Get rid of the beeb - Telegraph blog - I hope the blog bits are just the ramblings of the fuzzy minded.

Boris puts his boot in - Telegraph again.

Smokescreens and Politics with an agenda against the beeb.

I hope the inquiries aren't sidetracked by this shit.

• TheSaint 12 Nov 2012 11:43:40 13,629 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    In fairness some pretty high people within the BBC seem to be having a good go at the organisation as well.

Still it was nice of the trust to pay the DG off so generously even though he was only really entitled to half that amount.

I also quite like the sound of this 'stepping aside' thing BBC managers have been doing. Judging by the radio this morning this seems to be giving up your responsibilities while still getting paid.
  • jellyhead 12 Nov 2012 11:46:25 24,350 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Down the Rabbit hole - David Rose 'Fixer'?

Apparently 'he' has a history of discrediting allegations against the fich and ramous.

• Chopsen 12 Nov 2012 11:58:21 15,176 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Jimmy Saville blew up the planes on 9/11, orchestrated by the Tory establishment. It was the only way to distract the media from a story that was about to break how all the lizard people are abusing children.
  • LockeTribal 12 Nov 2012 12:09:35 4,443 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Chopsen wrote:
    Jimmy Saville blew up the planes on 9/11, orchestrated by the Tory establishment. It was the only way to distract the media from a story that was about to break how all the lizard people are abusing children.
    I heard that David Cameron eats a small child for breakfast everyday, most likely one that had been molested. David Icke told me so.
  • jellyhead 12 Nov 2012 12:28:14 24,350 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    You can't trust the lizard Paedople.

• jellyhead 12 Nov 2012 12:30:04 24,350 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Hope is at hand in that the comments section of the Daily Fail is not Mos Eisley for once. Lots of people calling the Fail & others out of their bullshit.

I'm regaining a bit of hope here.

• nickthegun 12 Nov 2012 12:41:51 55,849 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    X201 wrote:

John Walker hit the nail on the head - posted before Entwhistle's resignation.
    http://botherer.org/2012/11/10/the-bbc-is-not-in-crisis-and-the-bbc-needs-to-stop-saying-it-is/
    The irony being that he was a contributor to this *exact* same thing in the losthumanitygate affair.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• Psychotext 12 Nov 2012 12:47:21 52,778 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    This is fucking ridiculous. Who gives a fuck about the BBC when there's clearly a lot of abuse related evidence being hidden / covered up.
  • thelzdking 12 Nov 2012 13:11:18 3,962 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    A pretty large part of the media hate the BBC more than they hate paedophiles.
  • Page

of 108 First / Last