Rocksmith Page 8

• Page

of 20 First / Last

• ZuluHero 10 Oct 2012 08:49:08 4,099 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    OK after another night I started to struggle a little bit.. Though I'm now ranked at "New Act".

But the best way to learn these songs in this game is to press start, go to "songs". Find the one you want to learn and instead of playing the song, go to "Riff-Repeater". Choose the first option (I can't remember what its called, something like "fast-play" - basically it plays the song and if you play the note wrong it pauses the track until you play the right one).

Pick the section you want to learn; intro, bridge, chorus, riff, solo et al, and then practice, practice, practice!

It runs through the section you picked 30 times and the object is to play through the entire section without the track stopping. I think its the best way to learn in the game personally.

Hope that helps anyone having trouble.
  • mcmothercruncher 10 Oct 2012 23:23:06 6,803 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I still find it really irritating that you don't have access to the learning tools when doing the "journey" stuff, instead having to quit out, go to songs and manually locate the one it's asking you to play to practice it. The loading times are bad enough as it is.
  • bladdard 13 Oct 2012 14:59:31 924 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I must admit I'm enjoying rocksmith but I'm much more a rocker than an indy guy and the tracklist for me is very poor, the store is even worse.

I also agree it's not great for beginners but all I can say is keep at it, rest in between sessions and be patient.

Practice a technique and it might not click at first, rest for a while and your brain and muscle memory will catch up and you'll suddenly find you can do it.
  • Rusty_M 13 Oct 2012 15:21:16 4,648 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Does anyone know if I buy a second cable, should I be able to play this two player when it comes out on PC? Multiplayer on this could be really fun.

The world is going mad. Me? I'm doing fine.

• RichieTenenbaum 13 Oct 2012 16:42:47 2,194 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Loving this. It's absolutely fantastic for those like me that want to practice but don't really have the motivation. I've really been loving dawn of the chordead and playing the songs is so much better than trying to play solo with tab.

I hope there's going to be LOADS of DLC although I don't know if that's going to happen as I get the impression the game flopped a bit.
  • DUFFMAN5 13 Oct 2012 17:05:11 14,577 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    RichieTenenbaum wrote:
    Loving this. It's absolutely fantastic for those like me that want to practice but don't really have the motivation. I've really been loving dawn of the chordead and playing the songs is so much better than trying to play solo with tab.

I hope there's going to be LOADS of DLC although I don't know if that's going to happen as I get the impression the game flopped a bit.
    Don't forget it has been out for a long time as well, you may well be onto something. The full game/guitar is hard to find though. I should have kept my 360 pre order with Amazon!

"Duffman the grey is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• FuzzyDuck 13 Oct 2012 19:05:14 4,028 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    What on earth were they thinking with the dynamic difficulty on this?

Picked it up today, said i'd dive straight in with my bass. There's Cream's 'Sunshine of Your Love' and Pixies' 'Where Is My Mind', bith of which i can play in my sleep. So i'm playing along with both of them by ear, look up at the screen and it's not even giving me the full set of notes to be playing!

Should just be able to set it 'full notes/song' and let you plough ahead.
  • mcmothercruncher 13 Oct 2012 19:12:03 6,803 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I think you can change song difficulties somewhere amongst all those fiddly menus.

I do play the extra notes if I know they should be there and I find the game then seems to quickly up the difficulty as if responding to your ability to play with more complexity.

One tiny thing- the tab for the Pixies song is "wrong". While you can play it as they have it and the notes will technically be right, it isn't how Kim Deal plays it. She bounces up and down the low E where possible- I've stood in front of her and watched!
  • FuzzyDuck 13 Oct 2012 20:04:10 4,028 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @mcmothercruncher

Cheers, i found the setting alright! I still can't get over the fact that it has the strings the wrong way up as default (that was quickly switched out too!).

There's too much subtlety in the differences between playing the notes in the same octave on different strings for Rocksmith to care, so as long as it registers them as correct! (i've stood right in front of her and watched her play too, albeit only with The Breeders :()
  • TFM_Excalibur 14 Oct 2012 11:01:30 1,029 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Would anyone be interested in buying the guitar bundle?

I love it, but gutted due to new job i no longer have time to play.
  • DUFFMAN5 14 Oct 2012 11:05:02 14,577 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @TFM_Excalibur

I would/might be. I will pm you mate

• Kostabi 19 Oct 2012 19:52:31 4,907 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    PC copy arrived with the cable today. I settled in to install it only to find no CD key is in the box.

A quick Google shows this to be a common problem. Cheers Ubisoft...
  • BeheretiK 19 Oct 2012 20:05:54 883 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah, same thing happened to me. I have logged a call with Ubi support and it is sorted now. Took about 4 hours for them to get me the key. In case anyone needs it, details here:

http://ubisoft-en.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/17223

3DS: 5241-1899-2292

• Kostabi 19 Oct 2012 20:12:16 4,907 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Aye, it's helpful that the Ubi page is the first hit on Google. 4 hours is a pretty good turnaround so hopefully I'll have something by tomorrow morning, providing their support works weekends.

Annoying though, but ho hum. Gives me an excuse to avoid practice already at least.
  • Red_Bool 19 Oct 2012 21:44:21 1,173 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    A tip for anyone wanting to do a HDMI + external audio setup with the 360: you can (ab)use the composite video cable that came with the 360 so you don't need to buy an external audio adapter. The problem with this cable is that the xbox side connector blocks the hdmi connector (I wonder why....). The solution is simple and requires a flat-head screwdriver (or a knife) and some duct-tape: pry open the plastic of the connector and you get rid of the bulk that is blocking the hdmi. Use the duct-tape to cover the wiring and your DIY external audio adapter is ready :)

Now I only need to wait till tomorrow to try it with Rocksmith (kids are sleeping :)).
  • Red_Bool 21 Oct 2012 21:49:20 1,173 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Finally got the chance to give this a good whirl. I bought this to be able to play along real songs and hopefully improve my playing. My current skill level is best described as 'knows some individual techniques but can't string them together to play a whole song'

So far I've been playing House of the rising sun for chords practice and Satisfaction and that Black Keys song (who's name I forgot) for notes. I'm really impressed with it so far. It actually does a really good job of analysing your playing and adjusting the difficulty accordingly. I also like how all important info is present on screen: strings, frets and rhythm all in one place. It does take some getting used to, especially with chords, but with some more time I don't think that will be a problem.

Very nice collection of songs to go through and I saw that my favourite Guitar Hero song is available as DLC (Boston - More than a feeling. Yes, it's cheesy as hell, but that's why it's so much fun :D).

The Ducks game is fun, especially if you try to do it 'blind' (i.e. not looking at your fingers).

And btw, the diy audio cable works like a charm (a very *loud* charm ;)) \m/
  • souvlaki 22 Oct 2012 01:37:13 717 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Just got this as an impulse purchase from the supermarket as the wife is away for a couple of weeks. I can make a noise on guitar but not really play any songs in full though I can sound impressive to someone who doesn't know any better, Enjoying it so far but feel I need to get a new guitar. Mine has a fair amount of fret buzz due to wear n tear and I think it confused it.

Regardless, it is teaching me disapline and not to just mess around. Be interesting to see how long it takes to get used to. I keep hitting the wrong frets with having to look at he screen all the time.

I have HDMI to amp and don't notice any lag BTW.

Edited by souvlaki at 01:38:40 22-10-2012
  • AcidSnake 22 Oct 2012 09:51:09 7,241 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm probably going to get this for Christmas but was wondering about the bass stuff...
    Is any of it readily accessible out of the box? I have a bass guitar and a classic guitar so I was thinking of getting the game now and just getting a nice flying V or somesuch for Christmas and in the mean time playing away on bass...

AcidSnake - He can't see your sig, avatar, images or vids and talks about himself in the third person because he's proper old-skool...UID 24017

• AcidSnake 22 Oct 2012 09:51:16 7,241 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Post deleted

AcidSnake - He can't see your sig, avatar, images or vids and talks about himself in the third person because he's proper old-skool...UID 24017

• AcidSnake 22 Oct 2012 09:51:45 7,241 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    forum bug fix

• Zomoniac 22 Oct 2012 10:43:12 7,826 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I get an unbelievable lag (feels like about a second) on mine. Going to have to piss about rewiring everything. Arsebiscuits.
  • Dave_McCoy 22 Oct 2012 10:50:38 2,774 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @AcidSnake I'm a bit confused with that one. I thought the bass part was an expansion (at 1200 points) but you can pick it from the start. I haven't really delved in to it but it looks like it's all there. Perhaps Ubi gave us the bass part for free due to the delay..I can't see it though. I might have to Google the answer.

Noticed Europe get a massive classic rock pack for a whopping 2400 points. I think it's a big collection of seperate US DLC. I'd rather pick a couple than shell out 2400 points though...and the US store has a sale on :(
  • AcidSnake 22 Oct 2012 10:51:51 7,241 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Dave_McCoy:
    Cheers, I'll head to google then and see if I can figure it out...

• Dave_McCoy 22 Oct 2012 10:59:01 2,774 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @AcidSnake I've just been looking. It looks like it does include the expansion.
  • AcidSnake 22 Oct 2012 11:13:55 7,241 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Excellent news...Think I'll get this sooner rather than later in that case...

• neems 22 Oct 2012 13:07:45 1,217 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Had this for a few days on PC and I'm really enjoying, gives me an incentive to actually sit down and play. I tend to find that lag varies with the song I'm playing - some are absolutely flawless, others are borderline impossible.

Song 2 is really hard to play (despite being incredibly easy to play) but is saved by the G# octave in the chorus, which allows you to clock up 1000s of points without any effort. I actually got stuck on that little acoustic number by Jenny O, eventually it dropped the qualification requirement for me :(

Then on the next event I went straight through Plug In Baby without a problem.

Also, if anybody is looking for a really fun DLC song, I highly recommend Bring Me To Life - I am definitely not an Evanescence fan, but it is awesome to play.
  • DUFFMAN5 23 Oct 2012 10:46:19 14,577 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Fuck me this is FUN. Love it, the only issues are bad lad through the tv. I have it playing through my wireless TB's now, still a slight lag, can it be sorted so as to have no lag at all.

Just completed the 1st gig (2 songs) Now I can play guitar, but finding it hard with the tempo at the moment...I have spent most time on a classical, I'm over stretching and hitting the wrong fret, no matter it will come.

After only 30mins playing time it has given me more enthusiasm to want play/practice than the whole of last year! and that is saying something.

Excellent game/learning tool.

• AcidSnake 23 Oct 2012 10:50:08 7,241 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Okay, another question about the Bass DLC, does anyone know if it has specific bass lessons or just the songs tabbed for bass guitar?

• Red_Bool 23 Oct 2012 11:38:55 1,173 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    After only 30mins playing time it has given me more enthusiasm to want play/practice than the whole of last year! and that is saying something.

Excellent game/learning tool.
    This. Been playing every evening since last Thursday and it's already making me aware of some previously unnoticed pitfalls like holding the neck too tight and pressing the strings too hard.

Regarding lag: I haven't really noticed any lag playing through the TV, but I have switched off all image processing (which is rubbish anyhow, plus I don't believe mine will do anything on HDMI signals).

It all depends on how fancy your TV is, but like the manual says, switch to "game" or "low latency" mode if the TV has any or switch off all image processing (you probably don't need/want it on games anyway).
  • Page

of 20 First / Last