Next generation of consoles come in Page 91

• Page

of 402 First / Last

• beastmaster 22 Feb 2013 10:39:07 11,992 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    My email account seems to have quite a few ShopTo pre-order confirmations in there. I can always cancel like I did with everything Wii U related.

In the meantime PS4 FTW!

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• Dirtbox 22 Feb 2013 10:41:02 79,204 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I'm on my phone so I can't be bothered with a better reply, but overall the answer is mostly likely no.

+1 / Like / Tweet this post

• Deleted user 22 February 2013 10:41:58
    I don't like the way MS appear to be going and the PS4 reveal was fucking awesome. Ideally it will be the same as this gen where the 360 acts like a perfect and cheap alternative to a PC and the PS3 justifies itself with incredible exclusives.
  • Kangoo 22 Feb 2013 10:42:40 1,023 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    A few reports are hinting at an April reveal by MS, surely they won't let PAX and GDC go by giving all of the headlines to Sony?

PSN: Adwab2

• Psychotext 22 Feb 2013 10:43:50 55,032 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    mowgli wrote:
    the PS4 reveal was fucking awesome
    I think we watched a different presentation. About two of the games they showed looked interesting and everything else was SOCIAL SOCIAL SOCIAL.

I appreciate that social shit is probably awesome if you're a teenager... but as a man in his 30s I couldn't give a flying fuck.
  • Deleted user 22 February 2013 10:45:34
    Psychotext wrote:
    mowgli wrote:
    the PS4 reveal was fucking awesome
    I think we watched a different presentation. About two of the games they showed looked interesting and everything else was SOCIAL SOCIAL SOCIAL.

I appreciate that social shit is probably awesome if you're a teenager... but as a man in his 30s I couldn't give a flying fuck.
    It was a very preemptive console reveal. What exactly were you expecting? The games will come - this was about showing who is on board and detailing how much more accessible it will be for devs.
  • morriss 22 Feb 2013 10:45:35 71,286 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Here's the kind of thing we want it to be able to do although that's up to developers so don't blame us if you don't get it. . Now per-order it.

That's awesome.
  • mikew1985 22 Feb 2013 10:46:21 13,042 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Kangoo wrote:
    A few reports are hinting at an April reveal by MS, surely they won't let PAX and GDC go by giving all of the headlines to Sony?
    I don't see why not, neither are out, Microsoft will get all of the focus on them by waiting until April and it will lead them nicely into e3. Means they'll steadily build momentum over those two months.
  • mikew1985 22 Feb 2013 10:48:00 13,042 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Dirtbox wrote:
    I'm on my phone so I can't be bothered with a better reply, but overall the answer is mostly likely no.
    Fair enough, you would have a much better educated guess than I. Maybe I'm just too optimistic.
  • Blaketown 22 Feb 2013 10:49:22 4,954 posts
    Seen 12 seconds ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    They'd be mad not to in my opinion.

I WILL buy a NextBox day 1 if I can bring my XBLA games with me. If not I will look into what the PS4 has to offer and make a decision between the two a bit further down the line.

It almost forces brand loyalty which you'd think they'd be desperate for.

Brap, brap, old chap.

• Psychotext 22 Feb 2013 10:49:44 55,032 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    mowgli wrote:
    It was a very preemptive console reveal. What exactly were you expecting? The games will come - this was about showing who is on board and detailing how much more accessible it will be for devs.
    It's the end of February and the console is due out in November. Don't give me that preemptive shit. If this was the PS3 we'd have already known about it for over 6 months.
  • morriss 22 Feb 2013 10:51:40 71,286 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'm looking forward to all the PS4's social features and motion control being shoe-horned into games like they did with SIXAXIS.
  • Deleted user 22 February 2013 10:55:29
    Psychotext wrote:
    mowgli wrote:
    It's the end of February and the console is due out in November. Don't give me that preemptive shit. If this was the PS3 we'd have already known about it for over 6 months.
    Yeah, take away the preemptive bit. It was still a console reveal about ... the new console. I imagine there will be games revealed at the various game conferences this year. And if this was MS you would be telling us how great the conference was!
  • Deleted user 22 February 2013 10:57:10
    morriss wrote:
    I'm looking forward to all the PS4's social features and motion control being shoe-horned into games like they did with SIXAXIS.
    Yet this appears by all accounts to be MS's entire strategy.
  • mikew1985 22 Feb 2013 10:57:33 13,042 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I thought the conference was a load of shite, but the console seems good. I think it's just the natural way of things that these kinds of conference will always be shite.
  • Deleted user 22 February 2013 10:58:06
    morriss wrote:
    You mean about 4 games that had that in as an option.

These are the end times. Gaming is dead.
  • Psychotext 22 Feb 2013 10:58:22 55,032 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    mowgli wrote:
    Yeah, take away the preemptive bit. It was still a console reveal about ... the new console. I imagine there will be games revealed at the various game conferences this year. And if this was MS you would be telling us how great the conference was!
    Are you nuts? If Microsoft's reveal is even half as bad as that they can go fuck themselves, especially if there's no BC on the console. I think you're mistaking me for someone that gives a shit about any of them.

Right now I'm thinking next gen will be almost entirely PC for me.

Edited by Psychotext at 10:58:55 22-02-2013
  • morriss 22 Feb 2013 10:58:33 71,286 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    mowgli wrote:
    morriss wrote:
    Why bring MS into it?
  • morriss 22 Feb 2013 10:59:32 71,286 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Psychotext wrote:
    Are you nuts? If Microsoft's reveal is even half as bad as that they can go fuck themselves, especially if there's no BC on the console. I think you're mistaking me for someone that gives a shit about any of them.

Right now I'm thinking next gen will be almost entirely PC for me.
    Same here. I'll spend 500 on a new PC and pay Witcher 3 as nature intended it to be played.
  • Deleted user 22 February 2013 11:01:28
    morriss wrote:
    mowgli wrote:
    morriss wrote:
    Why bring MS into it?
    Because when it comes to what console to buy next gen they are the only two options. And even if Sony do as you say and shoehorn motion controls into all games (which is very unlikely) it won't be as bad as MS's attempt at same.

Edited by mowgli at 11:01:41 22-02-2013
  • sanctusmortis 22 Feb 2013 11:01:58 9,801 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Dirtbox And surely that would constitute the exact bloody change I mooted that you said was stupid!

Seriously, we know nothing. We have rumours, and rumours of rumours. Until MS come forwards and announce, that's all we'll have. They could come out at GDC, announce the box, and send out all new dev kits for all we know. All that is certain is CPU/GPU, most likely; anything else is still in the air, just like it was with Sony.
  • Progguitarist 22 Feb 2013 11:07:41 10,537 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Don't be silly... What will they launch with? Apps?
  • morriss 22 Feb 2013 11:08:25 71,286 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    mowgli wrote:
    morriss wrote:
    mowgli wrote:
    morriss wrote:
    Why bring MS into it?
    Because when it comes to what console to buy next gen they are the only two options. And even if Sony do as you say and shoehorn motion controls into all games (which is very unlikely) it won't be as bad as MS's attempt at same.
    So you'd buy the lesser of two evils? I wouldn't. If I felt like you I wouldn't buy any of them.
  • Progguitarist 22 Feb 2013 11:09:24 10,537 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    You bought kinect FFS.
  • sanctusmortis 22 Feb 2013 11:09:52 9,801 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    mowgli wrote:
    morriss wrote:
    mowgli wrote:
    morriss wrote:
    Why bring MS into it?
    Well, no.

They'll be as bad as each other, frankly. At least MS have experience shoehorning social in; WP8 and Win 8 both do that, and most people don't seem to think it's utterly terrible. Sony have... what experience of any of this, exactly? They're matching each other feature for feature. Implementation is going to be the only real difference, most likely.

Like a lot of others here, if I can carry my XBLA library across, and have even a hope of real backwards compatibility, Sony have a lot left to prove. If not, I'm open to either.
  • stephenb 22 Feb 2013 11:11:03 2,803 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    mikew1985 wrote:
    I thought the conference was a load of shite, but the console seems good. I think it's just the natural way of things that these kinds of conference will always be shite.
    I kind of agree with you games developers aren't hired on the strength of there showmanship. It was a mixed bag for me but I know I'll be getting one at launch, firmware and game patch updates in the background is a good feature.
    I'm of the opinion I don't want a carbon copy of the experience I had on PS3. As such I'll get Destiny before killzone, watch dogs before infamous. Diablo III was sold to me because of 4 player local co-op. The amount of games that don't offer this in this generation is depressing.

PSN : v--WEDGE--v

• Deleted user 22 February 2013 11:13:17
    morriss wrote:
    mowgli wrote:
    morriss wrote:
    mowgli wrote:
    morriss wrote:
    Why bring MS into it?
    So you'd buy the lesser of two evils? I wouldn't. If I felt like you I wouldn't buy any of them.
    If I want to play new games... I have little choice without spending silly money on a PC which I have zero interest in.
  • Armoured_Bear 22 Feb 2013 11:14:32 11,917 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    mowgli wrote:
    morriss wrote:
    mowgli wrote:
    morriss wrote:
    mowgli wrote:
    morriss wrote:
    Why bring MS into it?
    If I want to play new games... I have little choice without spending silly money on a PC which I have zero interest in.
    The money isn't as silly as you think, PC games are far, far cheaper than their console counterparts.

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• Deleted user 22 February 2013 11:14:47
    sanctusmortis wrote:
    mowgli wrote:
    morriss wrote:
    mowgli wrote:
    morriss wrote:
    Why bring MS into it?
    Well, no.

They'll be as bad as each other, frankly. At least MS have experience shoehorning social in; WP8 and Win 8 both do that, and most people don't seem to think it's utterly terrible. Sony have... what experience of any of this, exactly? They're matching each other feature for feature. Implementation is going to be the only real difference, most likely.

Like a lot of others here, if I can carry my XBLA library across, and have even a hope of real backwards compatibility, Sony have a lot left to prove. If not, I'm open to either.
    So... MS are better at shoehorning social media in? This is a good thing now?
  • Deleted user 22 February 2013 11:15:40
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    mowgli wrote:
    morriss wrote:
    mowgli wrote:
    morriss wrote:
    mowgli wrote:
    morriss wrote:
    Why bring MS into it?
    The money isn't as silly as you think, PC games are far, far cheaper than their console counterparts.
    Not when you fator in being stuck with them no matter what. But I don't care enough to get into that.
  • Page

of 402 First / Last