Next generation of consoles come in Page 64

  • Page

    of 402 First / Last

  • andytheadequate 15 Feb 2013 21:17:13 8,181 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I've owned 4 360 controllers and haven't had a single problem with any of then (apart from the shit dpad design).

    Maybe you're all just a bit heavy handed/thumbed...

    I hope the ds4 picture is a fake, it looks absolutely dreadful. I'm sure Sony will have come up with something better than that
  • silentbob 15 Feb 2013 21:25:06 28,975 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    mowgli wrote:
    silentbob wrote:
    Liking the look of this. Massively intrigued to see what emerges on the 20th.

    On the other hand, this generation's Console Vs PC debate looks like no contest. "Mah PS4 has a slidey-lighty-uppy pad beat that PC loser!!". "Oh nice ... We have VR!".

    Bwaha!
    Yeah that's not really gonna happen though is it. Would be nice if it did like.
    You're a man* of supreme vision and foresight mowgli.


    *Heh!

    VR News: www.roadtovr.com -- Follow us on Twitter.

  • Deleted user 15 February 2013 21:29:29
    PC is always current gen, bob, you know that :)
  • B0rked_Gamer 15 Feb 2013 21:31:10 2,712 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Will my PC run PS4 thx.

    it runs crysis btw thx

    Edited by B0rked_Gamer at 21:31:46 15-02-2013
  • Flying_Pig 15 Feb 2013 21:56:33 11,004 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Razz wrote:
    Could be interesting...

    Edited by Flying_Pig at 21:57:06 15-02-2013
  • sanctusmortis 15 Feb 2013 22:54:00 9,631 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    New rumour:

    Those 2 big black rectangles on the devkit are the stereoscopic cameras replacing Eye, and may be built into the system...

    Oh, and the 2 small buttons either side of the touchpad are "options" and "share" (left and right respectively)

    And is it just me or is it rather alarming how much of Sony's stuff has leaked, image-wise - and how little comparatively we've actually seen of the new Xbox?

    Edited by sanctusmortis at 23:27:23 15-02-2013
  • CosmicFuzz 15 Feb 2013 23:50:09 24,361 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    But Sony are getting ready to announce next week. Bound to be stuff coming out now. Imagine it'll be the same when MS are gearing up.

    We're back! Our gaming podcast Open Source returns after a break with a look at Destiny, Minecraft and more. Check us out! (And give us a rating on iTunes please!) :)

  • richardiox 15 Feb 2013 23:53:09 5,599 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Sony have a great track record of keeping secrets under wraps.
  • Deleted user 15 February 2013 23:59:59
    @sanctusmortis

    I suspect these leaks are controlled leaks to keep the hype train on track for the whole week. It is all free advertising.

    The picture of the devkit also seems to refute the modest technical specs we have been told for PS4. A devkit that big(based on usb3 port size) and with that amount of ventilation is packing more than a 1.8teraflops GPU (unless it is a 24month old devkit)
  • B0rked_Gamer 16 Feb 2013 00:01:11 2,712 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    >:/
  • Armoured_Bear 16 Feb 2013 00:09:46 11,272 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    vizzini wrote:
    @sanctusmortis

    The picture of the devkit also seems to refute the modest technical specs we have been told for PS4. A devkit that big(based on usb3 port size) and with that amount of ventilation is packing more than a 1.8teraflops GPU (unless it is a 24month old devkit)
    Utter nonsense and the specs aren't modest.

    XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

  • Deleted user 16 February 2013 00:14:53
    @Armoured_Bear

    Have you ever seen a PS2 devkit? A dreamcast devkit? N64 devkit? I have. That is the same or bigger footprint as a PS2 devkit, which was definitely tracking moore's law for performance.

    A modern PS4 devkit would be either much smaller (like the dreamcast devkit) if it was only packing 1.8Teraflops and only 6months old.
  • Lukus 16 Feb 2013 00:21:56 19,114 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Dev kits are always massive. Stop embarrassing yourself man.

    Paintings & Photographs

  • Armoured_Bear 16 Feb 2013 00:22:13 11,272 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    vizzini wrote:
    @Armoured_Bear

    Have you ever seen a PS2 devkit? A dreamcast devkit? N64 devkit? I have. That is the same or bigger footprint as a PS2 devkit, which was definitely tracking moore's law for performance.

    A modern PS4 devkit would be either much smaller (like the dreamcast devkit) if it was only packing 1.8Teraflops and only 6months old.
    1.8Teraflops and not a flop more.
    Not one.

    XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

  • Deleted user 16 February 2013 00:22:52
    Size = teraflops = better games. It's just pure logic.
  • sanctusmortis 16 Feb 2013 00:25:02 9,631 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @vizzini devkits are always massive. The look at the weird thing on the 360 one!

    Also, DS devkit. Massive.

    Edited by sanctusmortis at 00:27:42 16-02-2013
  • Deleted user 16 February 2013 00:36:58
    @meme

    Who said anything about better games?

    I'm just observing the size of the unit, compared to older launch devkits I saw at the time, and extrapolating two possible reasons for the size. Either an old unit, or housing considerably more hardware.

    @sanctusmortis

    The durango kit was rumoured to be a system within a system (like the fixstar cell BE pcie compute boards). 360 launch devkits didn't look like that iirc.

    The PS3 devkit again is about the same size as PS2 devkit, and about the same size as the Orbis devkit picture. All devkits from Sony, all presumably keeping to x10 performance based on moore's law. 10X ps3 performance = ~4-5Teraflops.
  • B0rked_Gamer 16 Feb 2013 00:38:01 2,712 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    vizzini = master troll
  • Deleted user 16 February 2013 00:40:19
    You're observing the size of the unit through your spack-eyes. I bet you have glasses with flip-down lenses.
  • Deleted user 16 February 2013 00:44:51
    @meme

    Actually I have the human equivalent of eagle vision (ie 20-10 or better) like in the Space Cowboys film. Can nearly do the entire chart with my weaker left eye aswell.
  • Dirtbox 16 Feb 2013 00:45:40 78,210 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Shame about the brain they're wired into.

    +1 / Like / Tweet this post

  • Deleted user 16 February 2013 00:46:16
    So you have a spack-monocle then.
  • mikew1985 16 Feb 2013 00:47:34 12,753 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    At this stage I really don't think its possible that vizzini is an actual real person. He just can't be right?
  • Deleted user 16 February 2013 00:48:42
    He's a piece of discarded circuit board that once dreamed it was human.
  • richardiox 16 Feb 2013 00:56:26 5,599 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    vizzini wrote:
    @sanctusmortis

    I suspect these leaks are controlled leaks to keep the hype train on track for the whole week. It is all free advertising.

    The picture of the devkit also seems to refute the modest technical specs we have been told for PS4. A devkit that big(based on usb3 port size) and with that amount of ventilation is packing more than a 1.8teraflops GPU (unless it is a 24month old devkit)
    Fucking hell are you still refusing to believe the leaked specs? Not that you'll be buying a PS4 anyway so I don't know why you give a shit.
  • Deleted user 16 February 2013 00:56:32
    meme wrote:
    So you have a spack-monocle then.
    @meme

    Read again. Normal good human vision (20-20) can't do the whole chart with either eye. I can do all the chart perfect with both eyes, except the last line with my left eye, in which I can't resolve one or two letters.
  • richardiox 16 Feb 2013 00:58:26 5,599 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    vizzini wrote:
    @meme

    Actually I have the human equivalent of eagle vision (ie 20-10 or better) like in the Space Cowboys film. Can nearly do the entire chart with my weaker left eye aswell.
    You definately are that Alberto retard who stained the forum a few years ago.

    " Normal good human vision (20-20) can't do the whole chart with either eye. I can do all the chart perfect with both eyes"

    Fuck me, you are actually being serious. I've never encountered someone so arrogant whilst simultaneously so fucking stupid.

    You hold yourself and your (wrong) opinions in the highest regard and yet every poster on Eurogamer finds you to be an annoying cunt. But then we are all MS shills.

    "if god created a console he would have called it a PS3" - you weird little twat.

    Edited by richardiox at 01:02:06 16-02-2013
  • Deleted user 16 February 2013 01:01:26
    vizzini wrote:
    meme wrote:
    So you have a spack-monocle then.
    @meme

    Read again. Normal good human vision (20-20) can't do the whole chart with either eye. I can do all the chart perfect with both eyes, except the last line with my left eye, in which I can't resolve one or two letters.
    So you have a spack-monocle then.
  • Deleted user 16 February 2013 01:03:42
    @richardiox

    I've already given you the perfect god made troll endorsement quote. Continuing to work on your craft is admirable but a little pointless. You've had nothing new to say for months.
  • richardiox 16 Feb 2013 01:05:11 5,599 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Vizzini, yesterday

    Edited by richardiox at 01:06:21 16-02-2013
  • Page

    of 402 First / Last

Log in or register to reply