Unofficial Eurogamer Android App V2 Page 2

• Page

of 51 First / Last

• freakybun 9 Sep 2011 23:11:07 601 posts
    Seen 24 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Pinky_Floyd wrote:
    I tend to use and think the app looks best in portrait.
    I almost forced portrait but know that some people have slidey keyboards.
  • Pinky_Floyd 9 Sep 2011 23:11:39 7,411 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I'm finding it hit or miss when clicking links within someones forum post or spoilered text. No visual feedback and often nothing happens. Bit of an odd one that, might be my dodgy thumbs.
  • craigy Staff 9 Sep 2011 23:13:17 7,527 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    We might be able to cross your palm with a proper content API to save you scraping our markup...
  • mrpon 9 Sep 2011 23:14:54 28,448 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    freakybun wrote:
    mrpon wrote:
    Hmm, one for you to look at then maybe as the Bodycount review had the score in the review text but not on the main screen.
    Its the archive i'm parsing. Click on the reviews link on the menu on the main site,  sadly its missing :( or maybe that's a good thing!
    Ah yeah see what you're saying, bummer. Link test <a href="http://www.eurogamer.net/archive.php?type=review">here</a>

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• Pinky_Floyd 9 Sep 2011 23:14:59 7,411 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    craigy wrote:
    We might be able to cross your palm with a proper content API to save you scraping our markup...
    Gogogogo!
  • Pinky_Floyd 9 Sep 2011 23:16:18 7,411 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    mrpon wrote:
    freakybun wrote:
    mrpon wrote:
    Hmm, one for you to look at then maybe as the Bodycount review had the score in the review text but not on the main screen.
    Its the archive i'm parsing. Click on the reviews link on the menu on the main site,  sadly its missing :( or maybe that's a good thing!
    Ah yeah see what you're saying, bummer. Link test <a href="http://www.eurogamer.net/archive.php?type=review">here</a>
    Linky is just the full HTML, linky no Worky.
  • freakybun 9 Sep 2011 23:16:28 601 posts
    Seen 24 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Pinky_Floyd wrote:
    When i click new post the text entry cursor appears on the second line of the textbox, not the first.
    There's a disparity between the way android paragraph spans work that I need to understand. Like when you quote post someone,  there's one line break but in the editor there are two. Hopefully ill nail it down someday :)

Its my first app so I'll iron out the little things eventually

Please keep the most minute of detail coming,  its those silly little things that annoy the shit out of me.

You are already turning out to be a model beta tester!
  • Pinky_Floyd 9 Sep 2011 23:18:00 7,411 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    freakybun wrote:
    Pinky_Floyd wrote:
    When i click new post the text entry cursor appears on the second line of the textbox, not the first.
    There's a disparity between the way android paragraph spans work that I need to understand. Like when you quote post someone,  there's one line break but in the editor there are two. Hopefully ill nail it down someday :)

Its my first app so I'll iron out the little things eventually

Please keep the most minute of detail coming,  its those silly little things that annoy the shit out of me.

You are already turning out to be a model beta tester!
    Should hope so, I'm a software test engineer :)
  • freakybun 9 Sep 2011 23:19:18 601 posts
    Seen 24 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Pinky_Floyd wrote:
    mrpon wrote:
    freakybun wrote:
    mrpon wrote:
    Linky is just the full HTML, linky no Worky.
    Forum links should be with square brackets, perhaps I should support both and put in a link button?
  • mrpon 9 Sep 2011 23:25:59 28,448 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Cheeky feature request, would be nice if tapping the EG header bar took you back to the main news page.

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• Pinky_Floyd 9 Sep 2011 23:26:39 7,411 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Be great if clicking on a forum thread took you to the last post rather than the top of the last page. I'm gonna shut up soon.
  • Pinky_Floyd 9 Sep 2011 23:27:12 7,411 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    mrpon wrote:
    Cheeky feature request, would be nice if tapping the EG header bar took you back to the main news page.
    Yes, this is a goodie.
  • Pinky_Floyd 9 Sep 2011 23:31:20 7,411 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Billy_Sastard wrote:
    Heh even the videos work and I don't have flash installed because my phone is to shit to have it. \o/
    Some do, i can't get the ico digital foundry vids to work.
  • freakybun 9 Sep 2011 23:31:22 601 posts
    Seen 24 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Billy_Sastard wrote:
    Nice app, better than the official one, posting from my Android now.
    Got to say that jonny's app wasnt official as such and I really admire what he put together back in the day before stack overflow had an answer to pretty much every android development conundrum.

Thank for the compliment, I just need you to find me some bugs!
  • Pinky_Floyd 9 Sep 2011 23:38:25 7,411 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Feature request - hide a search page in the settings that would allow us to search the main site or the forum. I know this one is a biggie bit would be something special indeed.
  • Pinky_Floyd 9 Sep 2011 23:38:56 7,411 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Bed time, happy bug hunting!
  • freakybun 9 Sep 2011 23:40:32 601 posts
    Seen 24 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Pinky_Floyd wrote:
    Billy_Sastard wrote:
    Heh even the videos work and I don't have flash installed because my phone is to shit to have it. \o/
    Some do, i can't get the ico digital foundry vids to work.

Edited by Pinky_Floyd at 23:31:51 09-09-2011
    Aha! Videos...

So I attempt to guess the link to the mobile video based on its Id. Not every video seems to have a corresponding video file available on the mobile site. Plus the quality is pretty awful but I hope that I can work this out in future.
  • freakybun 9 Sep 2011 23:44:24 601 posts
    Seen 24 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Billy_Sastard wrote:
    Will it be possible to also see group threads please sir.
    Group and interesting threads are on my radar, I'm hoping to get access to their API before I work it in.
  • freakybun 9 Sep 2011 23:47:29 601 posts
    Seen 24 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Pinky_Floyd wrote:
    Feature request - hide a search page in the settings that would allow us to search the main site or the forum. I know this one is a biggie bit would be something special indeed.
    I really want to do search at some point. Searching for reviews or grouping by game would be amazing.
  • freakybun 9 Sep 2011 23:51:46 601 posts
    Seen 24 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    craigy wrote:
    Well colour me interested!  The best kind of silver...
  • warlockuk 9 Sep 2011 23:59:33 19,134 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Sweet - proper API might mean you'll be able to do a group view too :D

I'm a grumpy bastard.

• freakybun 10 Sep 2011 00:09:51 601 posts
    Seen 24 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Billy_Sastard wrote:
    freakybun wrote:
    Billy_Sastard wrote:
    Nice app, better than the official one, posting from my Android now.
    Got to say that jonny's app wasnt official as such and I really admire what he put together back in the day before stack overflow had an answer to pretty much every android development conundrum.

Thank for the compliment, I just need you to find me some bugs!
    I thought it was official? Well kudos to that/those person/s.
    Maybe that's me speaking out of turn. Perhaps it was, I think that any app developed by readers in their own time can't be considered official. We just do it out of love.
  • Neodog 10 Sep 2011 00:10:23 295 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Great to have a good EG app on the Android. Great work.

http://www.twolittlegamers.co.uk

• Page

of 51 First / Last