Persona 4 Golden Page 10

• Page

of 37 First / Last

• Humperfunk 3 Dec 2012 14:17:01 2,249 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    The curse of the Vita's general shitness has struck again.

Made an hour or so progress last night and put the Vita on standby. Came back ten minutes later and it said the "memory card has been removed" lie, so lost that hour. Maybe my fault for not saving before but then again not my fault for the Vita not being able to function properly. So had to replay that and of course saved it.

Turned it on this morning and loaded up my save. Just made a good 45 minutes progress and went to save but my save files were gone and when I tried to save in a blank one, "Save failed."

Vita restarted, just tried to load it up and the entire save file is "corrupt", so that's 14 hours I've completely lost, because of the Vita.

Almost laughing at how ridiculous it is.

PSN, XBL & NNID: Wedjwants

• santashi 3 Dec 2012 14:27:06 5,139 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    That's weird! I've not had any problems with save files or sleeping the system so not sure what to suggest, but someone else might be able to offer some tips. What a terrible game to lose your progress in. :(

PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

• trav 3 Dec 2012 14:41:04 935 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I've had that before. Vita suddenly didn't like the memory card when I booted it up, thought I'd lost all my games, saves, everything.

Removed the card, did the old NES trick, reinserted and thankfully everything game back. Had a mild heart attack though.
  • trotskyicepick 10 Dec 2012 12:08:15 348 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    has this thread gone quite because you are all playing the game? Jealous! I will wait for both its European release and a PS Vita price drop. Not too far into the distant future I hope
  • santashi 10 Dec 2012 12:25:19 5,139 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Not many people on my friends list seem to be playing it! I'm on the fifth dungeon at the moment, but have decided to take a little pre-boss break to build up my persona compendium and card list.

• Murbal 10 Dec 2012 12:29:25 22,223 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Only because I'm currently far too engrossed in VLR. I must start this before February though otherwise there will have been no point in importing.
  • elstoof 10 Dec 2012 12:37:13 7,374 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @trotskyicepick plenty of discounted Vita's to be had right now on European amazon. Looking forward to getting stuck into this come February.
  • JayG 10 Dec 2012 12:38:32 845 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I took a break when I updated my Vita, and ended up playing Final Fantasy 8 again. The new screen modes make PS1 games so much more playable. Also picked up Sonic, and been very busy. Will get back to it fully over the X-Mas when I'm stuck in a snow filled house in Dublin while the mrs, sister and ma watch Sex and the City.
  • elvenscroll 10 Dec 2012 12:58:34 1,409 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Play Asia have it for 27 before shipping. It's tempting, but I doubt it would get here in time for Xmas. Suppose I may as well wait for our official launch.

NNID/PSN - Chipworm

• santashi 10 Dec 2012 13:05:07 5,139 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I thought Play Asia didn't charge shipping on vanilla games these days? :o

• elvenscroll 10 Dec 2012 13:15:11 1,409 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    santashi wrote:
    I thought Play Asia didn't charge shipping on vanilla games these days? :o
    Fair enough. I was assuming they would as they did last time I used them.

NNID/PSN - Chipworm

• jasondonervan 11 Dec 2012 11:09:04 98 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Loving this game so much, I'm only 13 hours in and I'm completely entranced.

Question for others playing it: How are you gaining SP? Mine dries up eventually after I've worked through a stack of floors in any given dungeon, often resulting in me fleeing back to Teddie at the entrance before embarking on a boss. Options for gaining SP that I've found:

- Pay a silly amount of cash to the fox at the entrance to replenish HP/SP for all party members
    - Get a good night's sleep
    - Item pick ups
    - Drinks from the vending machine in the shopping district (only 5 cans per week).

I haven't delved too deep into any FAQs/guides, but I'm guessing there's a Persona that offers such healing properties, probably by fusion only... perhaps I'm not levelled up enough to have it yet (lv20)?
  • santashi 11 Dec 2012 11:43:05 5,139 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @jasondonervan I usually try to get the dungeon done in an afternoon so I can spend the rest of my time doing other things, so I keep an eye on my SP too. :)

You probably already know this, but making the fox like you helps. The higher the social link, the less he charges. Make sure you heal everyone fully before you ask him so you don't waste your new SP on healing up. A little cash farming never hurt anyone, either.

Also, try to be sparing with SP. If you can take down an enemy without any major risk to your party simply by having everyone use attack, then you might as well do so.

Since you're asking about skills, there is a move (Spirit Drain, IIRC) that drains an enemy's SP but obviously its only useful for the character that's using it.

• jasondonervan 11 Dec 2012 12:11:21 98 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    All good advice, thanks. I have kept to certain styles of battling as you've mentioned, mainly to hoard SP until I really need it. I just wanted to be sure I wasn't missing a glaringly obvious way to top up SP.

My Persona fusions (well, Igor's) are more by luck than design, but I'm recognising that social links give out great XP bonuses if I stick to the classes related to them.
  • greenthumb 11 Dec 2012 14:50:57 325 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    If I import this from the US, will the online features work with a UK PSN account?
  • jasondonervan 11 Dec 2012 14:51:34 98 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Absolutely.
  • JayG 11 Dec 2012 14:56:05 845 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Hmm, I went back to the first dungeon after u collect that member, and had no problems untill the last lad who seems to be a right tough bastard. Is this your typical JRPG where u have to keep leveling endlessly? One of the things I don't like about them. Always seemed in games like Might and Magic, Baldur's Gate or other western games that no matter how tough an enemy was, you always had a chance to take them out tactically. And how much use is the on line version?
  • santashi 11 Dec 2012 16:45:56 5,139 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @JayG Re:online features

The 'help' feature is basically a nice little (emphasis on the little!) HP/SP boost. If you genuinely are about to die, it's really unlikely to help.

The 'talk' feature tells you how other people chose to spend their time. I find this genuinely interesting/handy.

Don't forget to keep up with your Persona fusing! It's very important for fighting.

@jasondonervan No problem! :)

• santashi 12 Dec 2012 11:43:49 5,139 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @jasondonervan Just noticed that I missed the Breeze skills off my list! Obviously only useful for the character with that persona, but it restores a percentage of your HP and SP after each battle (so no help if you run out of SP in, say, a boss battle).

And the cup cards, but those are a given. :)

• jasondonervan 12 Dec 2012 14:45:19 98 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Oh right - I'll have to check which Persona can roll out with Breeze. That, or see if I can't grab a skill card to cover it. I'm getting better with pulling cards, feels great to get multiple sweep bonuses!

18 hours on and still no dip in enjoyment. I'm not the world's biggest fan of grindy turn-based combat, but P4G just delivers it with such style and humour that I relish every battle. Kanji's shadow has been dispensed of (that was an interesting boss battle, to say the least!), and I'm well into wooing Chie so that she may become mai waifu ;)
  • santashi 12 Dec 2012 14:52:37 5,139 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @jasondonervan I'm trying to go after another of the girls, personally. Although I just had to reload a save because I accidentally ended up as someone's boyfriend who I really didn't want to go out with. I seem to be flirting unashamedly with all of them, though, which is probably the problem... :D

• jasondonervan 13 Dec 2012 08:35:05 98 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Haha, yeah... it's difficult to avoid chasing up all those social links. I nearly fell off my chair when I went into the Velvet Room last night only to find Margaret sat there on her lonesome. Now she's got me crafting specific Personas to keep her sweet! Not that I'm complaining :)
  • Zizoo 13 Dec 2012 08:41:10 8,378 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Eurogamer's review is up

9/10

Very tempted to make this my Christmas present. Unfortunately importing for me isn't easy here in SA.
  • jasondonervan 13 Dec 2012 09:21:01 98 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Do videogamesplus not ship to SA?
  • Zizoo 13 Dec 2012 09:28:52 8,378 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Nope.

There are other options, but I'll end up paying over 70 pounds.
  • elstoof 13 Dec 2012 09:42:01 7,374 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Is it due for release in SA at any point? Failing that, isn't your missus in London soon, how about getting it posted while she's there?
  • santashi 13 Dec 2012 23:20:31 5,139 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    This boss is evil!

Admittedly I'm probably underleveled, but it still has some horrible tricks up its sleeve! :D

(that could probably be applied to a lot of SMT bosses though. ;) )

@jasondonervan I loved that bit too.

• jasondonervan 14 Dec 2012 09:27:34 98 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I've finally got my scooter, and after a few runarounds on it to build my courage, I made it to Okina City. The local ladies are tough to chat up :D Currently at school camp, and the dialogue is genuinely hilarious. Very few games have the power to make me laugh (with them, not at them) - and P4G is one of them. Beware Chie and Yukiko's killer curry concoction!!
  • Zizoo 14 Dec 2012 09:29:34 8,378 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @elstoof

It's due same time as the UK. We are on the same release schedule. :)
  • elstoof 14 Dec 2012 09:39:23 7,374 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Oh right, I thought you might be on some messed up TIA schedule.
  • Page

of 37 First / Last