The Walking Dead Page 13

• Page

of 21 First / Last

• santashi 22 Nov 2012 18:14:39 5,056 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @doctor_fraud Might want to spoiler tag that...

PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

• Deleted user 22 November 2012 18:14:45
    Nice use of spoilers there.
  • Deleted user 22 November 2012 18:58:06
    Considering they setup half the episode with "did cutting off the arm work?", yes, it's a considerable spoiler.
  • Whizzo 22 Nov 2012 19:26:19 43,038 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    No-one has ever survived a bite in The Walking Dead, apart from all those who have.

Spoiler protect spoilers, that's what it's there for and considering the final episode has only been out a short period of time and some people may not have played any of the season at all yet it's only being considerate.

This space left intentionally blank.

• Stranded87 22 Nov 2012 19:33:48 865 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @doctor_fraud You might not think it's a spoiler (somehow), but clearly a lot of people do- myself included. I would be so pissed off if I'd read that comment before finishing it. Seriously, spoiler it now.
  • santashi 23 Nov 2012 00:18:23 5,056 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    There were a number of people asking if it's worth getting the bundled episodes on the previous pages, and those who said they are just starting the game. It certainly wouldn't be obvious to anyone starting what the outcome would be, so it's a big spoiler. I know I'd be annoyed.

PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

• BryanAKADJ 23 Nov 2012 06:36:15 284 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Fantastic game, I'd say GOTY. That ending. :'( That is all.

/chopping onions

I also got the save bug issue as well. Thought they were doing a mega re-cap for a second :p
    I just skipped up to episode 5 risking the random choices and it did 95% of them right for me, so was good.

Edited by BryanAKADJ at 17:20:33 23-11-2012

Eurogamer's local Canadian member. Eh?

• Tremendosaurus 23 Nov 2012 08:50:34 1,197 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Can a mod spoiler tag doctor_fraud's posts please as it doesn't look like the cunt is going to do it himself.

Bloody brilliant game, think they handled the ending spectacularly :'( Roll on season 2!
  • danathjo 23 Nov 2012 08:51:44 7,243 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yep, GOTY for me too...the only thing that ruined it for me is playing ep 5 with the wife in the room yapping on in my ear while I played all the others by myself. Kind of ruined the atmosphere for me, still very emotional though.

Love that little Clem to bits, and as much as I want to see any other possible outcomes though a replay or youtube I might resist as although I regret a few decision, it's MY story and although I realise it's hardly unique it feels unique to me.

*sniff* sad it's over :( but feeling very satisfied in the end :)
  • Lexx87 24 Nov 2012 22:01:03 20,869 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm with that, i'm not going to see any other choices. That was my story, it's amazing how personal they make it. How personal they make your relationship with Clem.

Truly wonderful stuff.

Speak the truth hussy!

• MadCaddy13 24 Nov 2012 23:05:42 1,858 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yeh, it's just like heavy rain - give it enough respect to play it through once.
    Am tempted though!
  • Pinky_Floyd 24 Nov 2012 23:07:11 7,448 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    After finishing Dishonored earlier, and having this on my hard drive since the last steam sale I thought I was doing it a disservice by not giving it a go.

Played through episode 1 and thoroughly enjoyed it. What a great little game. Nice and bite sized, fun, atmospheric, good voice acting and so many nice little touches to do with the conversations.

Might try and play it an episode per week, at one sitting each episode, see how that goes.
  • sirtacos 25 Nov 2012 00:55:43 7,271 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I played the first two episodes in one sitting and it diluted the experience a bit. Best to do as the EG review says: give it a week's rest between chapters. Let it marinate in your brain for a while.

What's the deal with Clem spotting/being spotted by those two strangers at the end? DON'T YOU TOUCH MY CLEM! Ghost Lee is gonna fuck you up.

Anyway, I was surprised to find that most players chose to make Clem shoot them. That's a bit cruel and unnecessary, isn't it? Lee's cuffed and not going anywhere, so why waste a bullet, make noise and - most of all - put Clem through such a thing?

Clementine is such a fucking badass.

I hope we see more of her... but nothing could replace Clem and Lee's relationship, so perhaps possible sequels should let us play as her?
    I'd see it as the culmination of Lee's tutelage. She's earned her wings and is now more than capable of flying solo IMO.
    Being cast in the shoes of another guardian would feel wrong, not to mention repetitive.

Edited by sirtacos at 01:03:06 25-11-2012
  • sanctusmortis 25 Nov 2012 01:31:30 9,627 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @sirtacos About that...

Not sure they do spot her, but she's certainly in two minds.

I got Clementine to shoot me because she has to learn: if your partners begin to turn, you do what's right.

I think series 2 might be Omid and Christa's story previous to chapter 3.
  • sirtacos 25 Nov 2012 02:12:38 7,271 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Ah, k, fair enough.

I love the fact that the biggest driving force behind people's decision-making seems to be "how does this help Clem?". Despite TWD's faults, it's unique in that way* and I really hope to see the fruits of our/Lee's labour in the future.

Edited by sirtacos at 09:44:05 25-11-2012
  • heavy_salad 25 Nov 2012 11:21:59 716 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Pinky_Floyd wrote:
    Might try and play it an episode per week, at one sitting each episode, see how that goes.
    Best way to do it IMO - one episode at a time, in one sitting.
  • Pinky_Floyd 25 Nov 2012 22:12:10 7,448 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    heavy_salad wrote:
    Pinky_Floyd wrote:
    Best way to do it IMO - one episode at a time, in one sitting.
    Thats me decided then.  Monday nights shall henceforth be devoted to the next 4 eps.
  • Deleted user 25 November 2012 23:46:31
    Damn. All excited downloading the latest episode, and wandering off to do something else while it happened. Came back, and loaded my save only for it to start from the beginning of episode one.

Quit out, went back, my cloud save updates and i'm right back at the opening of episode one. No other saves (stupid of me).

I guess this gives me the excuse to play through on PC from the start, but hard to stomach seeing my initial choice history disappear into the digital tubes. :-(
  • caligari 26 Nov 2012 09:50:17 16,999 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Hah hah - I give up with this hunk of junk (oooh, cutting).

Decided to start from Episode 1 - for the third time - in an attempt to get back to the end of Chapter 2, which is where I was before my last 'game save debacle'.

Did it in around an hour and a half - only to find that it hadn't saved a thing. \o/

I think someone else mentioned that they should allow you to pre-select past choices before starting a chapter - that's the only way I'll now be able to get through this thing.

Edited by caligari at 09:51:00 26-11-2012
  • trav 26 Nov 2012 10:56:41 930 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Missus started tearing up while watching me play this. She loved it and wasn't the one playing it. :)

It was great and shows how well an episodic adventure can work. It's not perfect, Duck's model of me didn't load during certain parts of Ep 3, but I still enjoyed it.

Roll on Season 2, which I hope has a slightly older Clem taking center stage, seeing how she is doing post Lee.
  • Pinky_Floyd 26 Nov 2012 23:42:29 7,448 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Episode 2, wow. Knew it was going to be bad, didn't realise HOW bad :D

Don't click, spoilers:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/42027960/episode2.jpg
  • thefilthandthefury 27 Nov 2012 10:44:50 24,952 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Just finished Episode 2 last night and got the stats screen and everything... now when I go to play Episode 3 it's claiming that I haven't even started the second episode yet (I don't even have the stats for it) and that my last save was two days ago.

Uhh... any ideas what I can do? In the actual save folder, on the C: drive, I can SEE THE SAVE FILES FROM LAST NIGHT! RIGHT THERE!

EDIT: I found a very odd fix. You copy the 'prefs.prop' file from 'C:\Users\Username\Documents\Telltale Games\The Walking Dead' to the Walking Dead folder in the Steam directory. Seems ok now!

Edited by thefilthandthefury at 10:53:23 27-11-2012
  • Baleoce 27 Nov 2012 20:53:10 1,185 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Just finished it. Played it through at the same time as a few friends, and came to some interesting observations. Not gonna put any spoilers in, which will result in some generalization, but you'll get what I mean. (Saying that, I'll spoiler it anyway. People will probably look at this before they finish the game and I don't want it to affect their own experience)

One fundamental thing about the game irked me. Firstly, it's a great story, there's no denying that, and as a result it's a really fun game to play through if you take it for what it is. Also, Clementine is probably one of the best characters of a new IP I've seen for the best part of a decade.

But, and here's my main beef with the game, if they are going to tell you that the game is tailored by your actions, they should really stand by that and back it up. All they seem to have done is fuse in a relatively minor element of sub-plots that all come to the exact same conclusion regardless of your choice (I know this because my friends made fundamentally different choices at key plot points and we discussed it), and then other times they give you choices and the game just ignores it anyway.

If you are going to be adventurous enough to claim that the game is tailored by your actions, then you should go the full hog and write multiple stories, take off the shackles. It's the only way around it.

Saying that, I don't want this to come across as too negative. The game as it is, is amazing, and on that one play-through I felt the extreme ups and downs like everyone else. I'll definitely be picking it up next season. I just want them to follow through on their claim of a customized story, because that's where its maximum potential (and more importantly, its re-playability) is to be found.

Edited by Baleoce at 20:58:34 27-11-2012

Steam: Baleoce
    PSN: Baleoce
    Nintendo Network: Baleoce

• Whizzo 27 Nov 2012 23:46:35 43,038 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Jake Rodkin (one of the game's designers at TT and a member of Idle Thumbs) just tweeted this.

Now that's great!

This space left intentionally blank.

• thefilthandthefury 28 Nov 2012 14:46:28 24,952 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    thefilthandthefury wrote:
    Just finished Episode 2 last night and got the stats screen and everything... now when I go to play Episode 3 it's claiming that I haven't even started the second episode yet (I don't even have the stats for it) and that my last save was two days ago.

Uhh... any ideas what I can do? In the actual save folder, on the C: drive, I can SEE THE SAVE FILES FROM LAST NIGHT! RIGHT THERE!

EDIT: I found a very odd fix. You copy the 'prefs.prop' file from 'C:\Users\Username\Documents\Telltale Games\The Walking Dead' to the Walking Dead folder in the Steam directory. Seems ok now!
    I'm still getting this problem actually. The fix I found does work, but I have to do it EVERY SINGLE TIME I CLOSE THE GAME! It's not that annoying really, but I'd prefer sorting it once and for all. Anyone know what I can do?
  • thefilthandthefury 28 Nov 2012 20:44:54 24,952 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    And now I've lost about 40 minutes of play time as my save has vanished. Great.

This is a fantastic game but it has so many damn problems with the saves. It's ruining it :(
  • GiarcYekrub 28 Nov 2012 20:47:48 3,662 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Baleoce wrote:
    Just finished it. Played it through at the same time as a few friends, and came to some interesting observations. Not gonna put any spoilers in, which will result in some generalization, but you'll get what I mean. (Saying that, I'll spoiler it anyway. People will probably look at this before they finish the game and I don't want it to affect their own experience)

One fundamental thing about the game irked me. Firstly, it's a great story, there's no denying that, and as a result it's a really fun game to play through if you take it for what it is. Also, Clementine is probably one of the best characters of a new IP I've seen for the best part of a decade.

But, and here's my main beef with the game, if they are going to tell you that the game is tailored by your actions, they should really stand by that and back it up. All they seem to have done is fuse in a relatively minor element of sub-plots that all come to the exact same conclusion regardless of your choice (I know this because my friends made fundamentally different choices at key plot points and we discussed it), and then other times they give you choices and the game just ignores it anyway.

If you are going to be adventurous enough to claim that the game is tailored by your actions, then you should go the full hog and write multiple stories, take off the shackles. It's the only way around it.

Saying that, I don't want this to come across as too negative. The game as it is, is amazing, and on that one play-through I felt the extreme ups and downs like everyone else. I'll definitely be picking it up next season. I just want them to follow through on their claim of a customized story, because that's where its maximum potential (and more importantly, its re-playability) is to be found.
    The problem with writing separate stories that don't return to main narative would mean the game would be come more linear or much shorter. Think of a  game length like a piece of string cutting it up to make parrelllel story lines make it shorter the only way to even it out is to share common threads
  • Page

of 21 First / Last