Evil Dead 4 Page 5

• Page

of 8 First / Last

• Deleted user 29 January 2013 21:34:35
    The American rating system basically puts the responsibility on the parent. Part of the whole "government shouldn't tell us what to do" culture. But it's far more common for kids to go see a PG-13 rated movie playing at the same time and sneak into an R-Rated one than it is for parents to take kids along to them.
  • bad09 29 Jan 2013 21:48:49 5,623 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    From what I'm reading the NC17 is mostly used for that dirty sex stuff anyway so my guess is the tree rape (I think it's in the remake) got them the rating.
  • Jmek 9 Mar 2013 08:47:22 1,308 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    First review id up on Bloody Disgusting: [http://bloody-disgusting.com/reviews/3222683/bd-review-evil-dead-is-a-thrillingly-gory-blast/

Groovy!
  • beastmaster 9 Mar 2013 09:55:24 11,144 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yep, reviews are coming in and it looks as though it's a winner.

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• Deleted user 9 March 2013 10:01:15
    Brilliant, that's a good review. Really really looking forward to this. Probably one of the first remakes that I'll actually enjoy!
  • beastmaster 9 Mar 2013 10:09:56 11,144 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I never really had a doubt. My most anticipated film of this year. Going to book the day off work so I can catch the first showing.

Oh, and rumours are Sam Rami's next project is Evil Dead 4 with Bruce Campbell but I think what he said was taken out of context.

• Deleted user 9 March 2013 18:32:28
    beastmaster wrote:
    I never really had a doubt. My most anticipated film of this year. Going to book the day off work so I can catch the first showing.

Oh, and rumours are Sam Rami's next project is Evil Dead 4 with Bruce Campbell but I think what he said was taken out of context.
    To be honest the last thing I'd want is Sam and Bruce to do evil dead now. They're versions were of an era and I think raimi's better suited to the kind of films he's making now.

Besides, if the new evil dead is as good as I think it is then they won't even be able to compete with it.

Not been this excited about a film in a while.
  • Gambit1977 10 Mar 2013 20:13:05 9,583 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Really pleased about these reviews so far! Can't wait to see it! I'm watching Ash(ley) currently get wound up by 'the thing in the cellar' in preparation.

Unlike most horrors to have been remade, I do think T.E.D being remade makes sense.
  • bad09 11 Mar 2013 23:50:48 5,623 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Goodfella wrote:
    I may actually break tradition and go to the cinema to watch it. (I have hated cinemas for years now, people with mobiles, people grazing etc)
    Yeah I'm thinking of doing that to (fellow cinema hater here!), may need to take a chick flick bullet to get it though as Mrs bad09 is not keen to see this after the trailer. She likes the Iron Man films though so hopefully I may be able to haggle with her on going to see the 3rd one :)
  • Gambit1977 12 Mar 2013 08:22:30 9,583 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    These reviews have my hype metre running far too high! I MUST see this now!!!!!

A sequel being discussed already.

Edit: I'm talking about the remake.

Edited by Gambit1977 at 08:22:52 12-03-2013
  • CharlieStCloud 12 Mar 2013 08:35:02 5,016 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Gambit1977 wrote:
    These reviews have my hype metre running far too high! I MUST see this now!
    A low 60 reviews on average...?

I loved the originals because whilst gory in a low budget kind of way, they were fun and witty.

This one is gory in quite an excessively over-the-top way (the trailer alone has more gore in two minutes than the entirety of the original films) with, to me, none of the wit and fun.

... I shall likely go and see it, but this remake doesn't look or sound anything like the original.
  • beastmaster 12 Mar 2013 08:41:18 11,144 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    CharlieStCloud wrote:
    Gambit1977 wrote:
    These reviews have my hype metre running far too high! I MUST see this now!
    A low 60 reviews on average...?
    /quote]

The thing is, the high rated reviews are coming from sources that "matter". It's almost as if one of your most anticipated games gets fantastic reviews in EG, Edge and Games TM. Or whatever your most trusted/favourite sources are.

The remake has quite a few things in common with the original but it very much stands up on it's own (so I've read).

Edit:

The NSFW TV spot :-)

[youtube]JrxZqfPUm8I
    [/youtube]

Edited by beastmaster at 08:44:34 12-03-2013

• CharlieStCloud 12 Mar 2013 08:50:03 5,016 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Fair enough.

I was always likely to go and see it however, I just cannot get as excited as some of you folks are, that's all!

... need to find someone who isn't faint hearted (to see this with me).
  • Deleted user 12 March 2013 10:35:41
    It's apparently lacking the humour of the original Evil Dead films, but to me I never thought the first one had much humour in it anyway. It seemed like the second one is the film that had the humour injection with Army of Darkness being more comedy than horror. I always think of the first as a straight up horror film.

Quite pleased that they're playing it straight up as I prefer the darker first entry anyway.

Still really hyped though, this year is shaping up great with this, The Conjuring and Insidious 2 in the pipeline.
  • bad09 12 Mar 2013 11:10:45 5,623 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Goodfella wrote:
    Chick flick bullet. Haha I genuinely laughed. :D
    :)

Seriously though I dodge them at home quite easily but if I'm gonna get her to go to TED in the cinema I'm gonna need to offer something in return. Like I said though I hope Iron Man will do it, I can't do a chick flick at the cinema, I'll start killing people!
  • Gambit1977 12 Mar 2013 11:12:05 9,583 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @CharlieStCloud no, the reviews from fans and geek sites, the kind of people who like what I like :-)
  • bad09 12 Mar 2013 11:13:17 5,623 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    BillCityfingers wrote:

Quite pleased that they're playing it straight up as I prefer the darker first entry anyway.
    I agree but I'm starting to wonder if being a remake of the first one will hurt it, it seems a lot of people were expecting the humour and silliness of ED2 in this remake.
  • spindle9988 12 Mar 2013 11:18:41 3,486 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    My missus saw the red band trailer and said there was no way she would go see this film. Will go with a few mates at work instead
  • Deleted user 12 March 2013 12:11:10
    spindle9988 wrote:
    My missus saw the red band trailer and said there was no way she would go see this film. Will go with a few mates at work instead
    Ha ha same as mine. She wasn't impressed at all and more than a little disturbed (she does even tend to get squeamish watching things like Supernatural mind you).

Also, something which is a major plus is cgi is kept to a minimum, praise be for practical effects! I went to see the (fucking awful) Texas Chainsaw 3D the other month and not only was there a pitiful amount of gore, half of it was computer generated (badly). The only thing that attempted to redeem it was a scene involving Alexandra Daddario and a shirt button malfunction, which is not the reason I go to such films but saved it from being a 100% write off (now only 98% bollocks).

But yeah, practical gore, a serious tone and frenzied deadite action. I'm desperately hoping I won't be disappointed. I was actually put off a bit by ED2 because of the comedy. I thought the rest was so well done I didn't want my experience "sullied" with slapstick laughs, although I still like it, I didn't like that aspect of it so much. I guess that I'm just one of the few people that doesn't get the fuss about Bruce Campbell.

As for Army of Darkness... Meh. It's just silly.
  • quadfather 12 Mar 2013 12:40:08 11,808 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Only just got round to the new trailers. Have to say, looks very good. Whilst I love Bruce to death in all his films, I think he's right about this approach

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• Gambit1977 12 Mar 2013 13:33:10 9,583 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    ED2 is one of my all time favourites and I even watched Brisco County Jr for Bruce Campbell :lol: but the slapstick was there to neuter the horror and gore at a time when such films ended up being banned, no?
  • Deleted user 12 March 2013 14:17:13
    @Gambit1977 Don't get me wrong, I like the guy, he's amusing in Bubba Ho-Tep, but I just don't hold him in as high a regard as some folk seem to.

It probably was why it was there but I was merely saying that's why I don't like it as much as the first.

ED 1 & 2 are among my top ever films too... Just for me 1 is above 2...
  • bad09 12 Mar 2013 17:03:50 5,623 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Gambit1977 wrote:
    ED2 is one of my all time favourites and I even watched Brisco County Jr for Bruce Campbell :lol: but the slapstick was there to neuter the horror and gore at a time when such films ended up being banned, no?
    If you look a couple of pages back I found why 2 was a comedy after the horror masterpiece of the original. Raimi always wanted 3 as the sequel but had to remake TED into a sillier film to make all the silly time travel stuff fit (that's why 2 is practically the same film for a lot of it). Yes that's right Evil Dead is now largely considered a comedy vehicle for Bruce Campbell because Raimi wanted to make Army Of Darkness. :-(
  • quadfather 12 Mar 2013 17:12:14 11,808 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    You all seen "My name is Bruce" too?

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• Page

of 8 First / Last