Dishonored Page 32

• Page

of 40 First / Last

• Pinky_Floyd 21 Nov 2012 11:36:01 7,340 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    ComradePete wrote:
    That costume party level was brilliant - first one I tried to do 'properly', without being seen.
    Did you locate your target by talking to a certain lady and getting her a drink?

I went for a dander upstairs but didn't find much, if it wasn't for that person mentioned above I would have just took them all out :D
  • psychokitten Moderator 21 Nov 2012 11:50:16 7,794 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The costume level is great, and very interesting to replay ;)

Chaos(y) playthrough (1st)
    I snuck around upstairs, found out who's who, and what costumes they were wearing. Found out Lady Boyle that I was after is into music, and wearing Red. Found her at the party, talked to her and convinced her to come have private times in the music room. Then when we were alone I shadowkilled the living hell out of her, and walked away with zero chaos caused at the party itself.

Ghost playthrough (2nd)
    Talked to a lot of guests, and one guy approached me and told me his love is Lady Boyle, and please don't hurt her, just bring her to the basement and he'll take her on a boat. She's wearing a different color outfit this time (White, IIRC)! Lady Boyle changed! Wasn't expecting that. Snuck around upstairs anyway for recon and keys, and plotting. Talked to her and told her what was happening, and to come with me. She walks downstairs, starts to worry and wants to leave, so I tranq dart her and carry her to the boat. Mission done. No fuss, no mess.
  • Pinky_Floyd 21 Nov 2012 11:52:46 7,340 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    psychokitten wrote:
    The costume level is great, and very interesting to replay ;)

Chaos(y) playthrough (1st)
    I snuck around upstairs, found out who's who, and what costumes they were wearing. Found out Lady Boyle that I was after is into music, and wearing Red. Found her at the party, talked to her and convinced her to come have private times in the music room. Then when we were alone I shadowkilled the living hell out of her, and walked away with zero chaos caused at the party itself.

Ghost playthrough (2nd)
    Talked to a lot of guests, and one guy approached me and told me his love is Lady Boyle, and please don't hurt her, just bring her to the basement and he'll take her on a boat. She's wearing a different color outfit this time (White, IIRC)! Lady Boyle changed! Wasn't expecting that. Snuck around upstairs anyway for recon and keys, and plotting. Talked to her and told her what was happening, and to come with me. She walks downstairs, starts to worry and wants to leave, so I tranq dart her and carry her to the boat. Mission done. No fuss, no mess.
    Brilliant!

Mine was wearing black - LOL
  • ComradePete 21 Nov 2012 12:42:52 474 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Pinky_Floyd wrote:
    ComradePete wrote:
    That costume party level was brilliant - first one I tried to do 'properly', without being seen.
    Did you locate your target by talking to a certain lady and getting her a drink?

I went for a dander upstairs but didn't find much, if it wasn't for that person mentioned above I would have just took them all out :D
    Yep. Although teh chap in the Golden Cat mentions Lady Boyle always wearing black as well (only noticed it when playing that level again....) Getting the Dunwall tower skeleton key there made the next mission much easier as well.
  • hypoBla5t 23 Nov 2012 09:51:11 1,356 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Is anyone on here in a position to recommend either the 360 or the PC version over the other? Got some stuff to trade so may make a trip to Game this weekend.
  • Pinky_Floyd 24 Nov 2012 09:22:43 7,340 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Only the final mission to do now. All tooled up so should be fun. Have had a lot of fun with this game. Doubt I will play through it again but it is easily one of the stand out titles of the year.
  • Deleted user 24 November 2012 11:16:10
    Finally finished, good ending, great final level. Quite keen to play again now actually, had quite a fragmented first play through.
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 24 Nov 2012 11:45:06 37,299 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Just got the LE (with Tarot cards and whatnot) for 21 from Game. Not often I walk into one of those shops and find a bargain.

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• riz23 24 Nov 2012 15:54:16 1,145 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    MrTomFTW wrote:
    Just got the LE (with Tarot cards and whatnot) for 21 from Game. Not often I walk into one of those shops and find a bargain.
    I did just the same and felt the same too. I came here to post about it. *genuinely chuffed in Game shocker* :)
  • Leolian 24 Nov 2012 16:14:46 1,072 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    hypoBla5t wrote:
    Is anyone on here in a position to recommend either the 360 or the PC version over the other? Got some stuff to trade so may make a trip to Game this weekend.
    From what I've heard and read the pc version is much better looking, like most cross platform games at this stage. I have just downloaded on steam but not played yet but, as far as I'm aware, there are no glaring pc issues. Also picked up for 14 from Gamersgate.
  • hypoBla5t 24 Nov 2012 16:49:41 1,356 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Cheers ears, traded some stuff in and got the PC version in Game for 2.49!! Win.
  • Pinky_Floyd 24 Nov 2012 23:10:45 7,340 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Aaaand I'm done.

Great stuff, solid 9/10 game and considering I generally don't like stealth games, I enjoyed it hugely. Loved how the game truly gives you the option to play it how you like.

I was a murderous bastard I have to say :D
  • Errol 24 Nov 2012 23:31:27 12,454 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I followed Lady Boyle into a loo and stabbed her in the throat. Left the body dumped in a corned of said loo and made my exit.
  • Errol 24 Nov 2012 23:32:07 12,454 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    My GOTY, if you don't include Planetside 2.
  • jabberwoky 25 Nov 2012 11:37:42 464 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @riz23 Snap!!!
  • krushing 26 Nov 2012 08:53:31 777 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Late to the party, but just started this yesterday. First thought was how much the visuals feel like HL2 before realizing this was *that* game (with the same AD). Feels very refreshing so far, although I only really had time to play through the first proper mission. Judging by the amount of stuff I've missed - even in the escape mission - there seems to be a lot of diversity & replayability on offer.
  • lexxx 27 Nov 2012 21:42:54 164 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere on the thread, but I don't want to inadvertently read any spoilers so haven't looked.

Playing the PS3 version. On the House of Pleasure mission, on attempting to leave Galvani's house to return to the square, it won't get past the loading screen. I had already installed the patch, which I tried un- and reinstalling, but no joy. Did anyone else get this error, and any fixes? Tx
  • lexxx 27 Nov 2012 21:51:38 164 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    An answer of sorts: Bethesda just posted on twitter that a title update (inc that fix) "is not far off".
  • Pinky_Floyd 27 Nov 2012 21:54:34 7,340 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    A bug stopping you from playing one of the best games of the year? This is the saddest thing I've heard all day. Apart from the moment earlier where the nurse lifted the bed sheets to check my todger after the snip and said "We will have to do something about that bleeding".

Ok, yours is easily the 2nd saddest thing I have heard today :(

Edited by Pinky_Floyd at 21:55:11 27-11-2012
  • Mr_Sleep 27 Nov 2012 21:54:57 16,838 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Errol wrote:
    I followed Lady Boyle into a loo and stabbed her in the throat. Left the body dumped in a corned of said loo and made my exit.
    Deviant.

You are a factory of sadness.

• lexxx 27 Nov 2012 22:30:07 164 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Pinky_Floyd may a patch make its way to you soon, too
  • Pinky_Floyd 27 Nov 2012 22:39:04 7,340 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    lexxx wrote:
    @Pinky_Floyd may a patch make its way to you soon, too
    :D

Edited by Pinky_Floyd at 22:39:23 27-11-2012
  • Deleted user 27 November 2012 23:28:46
    Well I'm annoyed, just completed a nonlethal playthrough without alerting anyone and I don't get the Shadow and Ghost achievements. Upon looking at the mission stats I realised I neded to redo the first level.

No achievements popped when I ghosted that level so I played through the preceding bit before the first assassination mission thinking that might make it pop. It didn't.

So now I don't have my achievements yet my stats are all marked as ghosted and I don't know what to do. I'm not bothered enough to do it again. If I play through the game another time it will be for the cheevo where you don't buy any upgrades.

Anyone had this and/or know what to do?
  • Cogsy666 27 Nov 2012 23:33:33 155 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    AdamAsunder wrote:
    Well I'm annoyed, just completed a nonlethal playthrough without alerting anyone and I don't get the Shadow and Ghost achievements. Upon looking at the mission stats I realised I neded to redo the first level.

No achievements popped when I ghosted that level so I played through the preceding bit before the first assassination mission thinking that might make it pop. It didn't.

So now I don't have my achievements yet my stats are all marked as ghosted and I don't know what to do. I'm not bothered enough to do it again. If I play through the game another time it will be for the cheevo where you don't buy any upgrades.

Anyone had this and/or know what to do?
    I did the same thing and ended up playing the whole game again :(

Rock N Grohl

• Syrette 27 Nov 2012 23:37:25 43,055 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    You have to complete all the levels from and including the ones you didn't ghost.

So in your case, the entire game.

• Deleted user 27 November 2012 23:39:23
    Bugger that, while I enjoyed it more the second time through (enough to make my initial judgement seem quite harsh) I'm not doing it again. It should have been coded better. Many games let you redo a mission and the game catches up with itself to award you the achievement.

I wouldn't be so bothered but I specifically had to keep reloading saves every time I got spotted which made my playthrough that much longer.
  • HarryPalmer 28 Nov 2012 09:12:50 3,029 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Am I missing something on the final mission? Every other target has had an alternate, non-lethal way to get rid of them, have I missed this with General Havelock? I just ended up sleep darting him and plonking him in the bathtub. Thought it was a bit weird to end on such a low key assassination. Great game though, the last level is a really cool location, and a nice ending.
  • crashVoodoo 28 Nov 2012 11:24:47 3,849 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    just ordered the special edition from game for 21.49 delivered. I've been watching it on ebay and the standard editions are going for between 19-24 not including postage.

I can't believe people are still paying that much on ebay. they're nuts!

a Nexus a day keeps the apple away

• Page

of 40 First / Last