Dishonored Page 26

• Page

of 40 First / Last

• spamdangled 16 Oct 2012 15:24:55 27,498 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Sooooo...

It looks like if you have had any contact with Granny Rags before the Flooded District level, it is impossible to finish the game as a ghost.

Played through Flooded District three times today and it does indeed seem to be impossible.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• spamdangled 16 Oct 2012 15:41:30 27,498 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Goodfella wrote:
    How does having contact with her make it impossible?
    Any contact with her means she shows up at the end of the Flooded District mission with the Master Key, which you need to get to the exit. You can't get the key off of her without turning her hostile (which counts as an instant alert) unless you kill Slackjaw, which also counts against it. You can't choke her as she just teleports away and turns hostile.

If you don't meet her, that section of the Flooded Districts won't trigger and all the doors will already be unlocked.

Edited by darkmorgado at 15:42:58 16-10-2012

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• jellyhead 16 Oct 2012 15:46:57 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    You can get around the issue with Granny Rags. I just had a quick google for the problem, there's a sequence to it but it can be done apparently.

Can't wait for this to turn up.

This signature intentionally left blank.

• spamdangled 16 Oct 2012 15:48:59 27,498 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I've seen that, but there's no evidence of it being true - it you watch any videos showing you how to do it, they all fade out before the stats screen shows up at the end (plus, it's not a "proper" way of doing it - it's basically attempting to glitch the system)

Edited by darkmorgado at 15:50:50 16-10-2012

• ronuds 16 Oct 2012 16:02:17 21,788 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It's fine to glitch a glitched system. You'll un-glitch it.
  • Darth_Flibble 16 Oct 2012 16:08:20 1,783 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    just checked my stats and missing the check on ghost. Also if you knock her out it counts as a kill!
  • Deleted user 16 October 2012 16:38:30
    Tall boys rather easy. Blink, stab, walk away.

Done 5 missions now and only assassinated one Target.
  • Derblington 16 Oct 2012 17:07:51 22,307 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Darkmorgado - can't you just pinch it and run?
  • spamdangled 16 Oct 2012 17:40:38 27,498 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Derblington wrote:
    Darkmorgado - can't you just pinch it and run?
    Nope. She notices if you pickpocket her.

EDIT: Ok, I've replayed Flood District now, this time using powers (previously I was going for Mostly Flesh and Steel). Once I got to Granny Rags, I stopped time, pickpocketed her and level 2 blinked. The stop time wore off just as I got to the planks that you need to destroy to get into the rapids. The alert string section never went off, though I did hear Granny ranting.

So it looks like it can be done, albeit with powers and it doesn't seem like it was designed to be done that way, so it's possible that if it is a glitch it might end up being fixed.

Edited by darkmorgado at 18:55:00 16-10-2012

• Deleted user 16 October 2012 17:42:58
    Anyone finding most powers u don't need? Blink and sword is powerful enough.

Haven't actually needed to possess any human yet. Animal possession has come in handy several times though.

I find your way too powerful, if u get surround u can blink away or possess and walk off.

Apart from this my goty easy.
  • Errol 16 Oct 2012 19:24:18 12,566 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Absolutely love this game (PC version). Best singleplayer since HL/Deus Ex.

GOTY thus far. Easily. It should win individual awards for best art, best design and best concept as well.

I would love to see a level editor now. I'm sure the community would come up with awesome maps.
  • Deleted user 16 October 2012 19:58:30
    I was just leaving getting on the boat to head off on the third mission, the sun was setting and it was quite beautifully done. I actually said aloud to myself "they've made a great game here". Very compelling to play. The more time you spend in the world the better it gets. Genuinely good characters too. Still have a few niggles, which to me is why it won't be an excellent game, but they are being really nit picky. Its set high standards for itself I suppose.
  • Deleted user 16 October 2012 21:09:56
    How does this run on the ps3? def looking at picking this up at some point.
  • PrivateFloyd 16 Oct 2012 21:33:28 4,190 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @joelstinton

seems fine. frame rate seems generally ok, chugged a bit during one particular fight but there were a few enemies on screen.

nice lighting as well but DF picked up on that too in their face off.

Goat is hungry.....

• spamdangled 16 Oct 2012 21:36:21 27,498 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    If there's one thing I want from UE4, it's no more texture pop-in

• Deleted user 16 October 2012 21:38:14
    @PrivateFloyd

thanks

Just obiviously wanted a heads up just incase it was skyrim mark 2.

I have no issues with the odd frame rate drop , so :)
  • Deleted user 16 October 2012 22:59:47
    I've noticed frame rate drops on 360, only really on the boat bits. I guess the devs wanted to keep detail high and impressive, as there's no combat it's sort of acceptable I suppose.
  • Pinky_Floyd 16 Oct 2012 23:05:24 8,405 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Couple of quick q's for pc owners.....

How is pad vs mouse?

Is there a quicksave?
  • Dr.Haggard 16 Oct 2012 23:59:15 4,262 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I wouldn't use a pad for this. Yes there's a quicksave.

Also, possibly useful threads here and here, though ymmv, some of the ini tweaks are pointless. The most important thing is to force a proper AA solution since the MLAA and FXAA options in the game are rubbish.
  • overcorpse 17 Oct 2012 00:03:33 309 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Pinky_Floyd I just finished it on PC.I started out with KB/M but reverted to a controller.i personally felt i had more control when doing the platforming bits and the melee combat also the button layout on a controller is just easier.

But keep in mind i have just migrated back to PC from console so maybe it's just what i'm used to.

Nerf paper,scissors are fine as they are. - Rock.

• 1Dgaf 17 Oct 2012 00:34:44 3,979 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Just got the chaos ending.

A part of me wants to play again right away, but I also don't want to have to collect everything. Or be low on mana.

I didn't collect all the money, but I collected all the runes, charms etc.

www.hatchetjob.com - more than games. "Seemingly trivial, surprisingly deep"

www.isawthatyearsago.com - a retro film podcast

• faux-C 17 Oct 2012 00:38:52 9,655 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    So I'm taking it slow, trying to ghost the whole game, but I've reached somewhat of a quandary on the second mission - there's a woman being harassed by two city watch guards for a bottle of elixir, and if I don't help her, they'll kill her, but I can't think of a way to take them both out without alerting one of them. I've got slow time, but not stop time, in slow time, they annoyingly react in a split second to sleep darts.
  • Ajay 17 Oct 2012 02:39:04 2,412 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @faux_carnation Could you slow time, sleep the one facing you then blink and choke the one with his back to you? Him seeing his mate get stunned shouldn't count as you being detected - I've had people find bodies even and still got the 'undetected' check mark for the mission.

Edit: Although worth saving, just to be sure in case I'm somehow horribly wrong. But from memory, that should work.

Edited by Ajay at 02:40:59 17-10-2012
  • Syrette 17 Oct 2012 14:40:28 44,343 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Great and frank interview with Harvey Smith here - http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/10/17/unmasked-dishonoreds-harvey-smith/

• Deleted user 17 October 2012 14:43:02
    faux_carnation wrote:
    So I'm taking it slow, trying to ghost the whole game, but I've reached somewhat of a quandary on the second mission - there's a woman being harassed by two city watch guards for a bottle of elixir, and if I don't help her, they'll kill her, but I can't think of a way to take them both out without alerting one of them. I've got slow time, but not stop time, in slow time, they annoyingly react in a split second to sleep darts.
    Distract them by throwing a bottle down the street.
  • Deleted user 17 October 2012 14:48:45
    On mission 7 now, found by this mission you are a bit too awesome. Even if you mess up and alert everyone than you have so much at your disposal they don't have a chance.
    I guess the music box men would change that but I eliminate them first.
    Just like that video linked above, blink, choke, stop time, wind blast, blink stab, possession....everyone dead.
    Still comfortably my goty though. I could always up the difficulty but I believe they see you much quicker and I do enjoy being stealthy without having to be too anal.
  • spamdangled 17 Oct 2012 14:52:58 27,498 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    This is why I Ghost these games - adds a lot more to the challenge!

Mission 7 is PITA to Ghost because it has a few choke points.

• spamdangled 17 Oct 2012 14:53:41 27,498 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    faux_carnation wrote:
    It doesn't count against your Ghost if she dies btw.

• faux-C 17 Oct 2012 15:00:26 9,655 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    darkmorgado wrote:
    faux_carnation wrote:
    It doesn't count against your Ghost if she dies btw.
    I know it doesn't, but given I'm trying to avoid killing at all costs, it would be out of character not to intervene.
  • Page

of 40 First / Last