Kickstarter Projects Page 10

• Page

of 13 First / Last

• AaronTurner 29 May 2013 19:55:25 7,594 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I backed my first Kickstarter the other day. It's called Hex and it's similar to Magic the Gathering except they've really gone to town with the advantages of digital cards, it looks beautiful and it's cheaper too.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cze/hex-mmo-trading-card-game

You get some pretty good deals for being a backer of the Kickstarter and the company already has good experience with these games in physical format. It should be out in September.

Vid vid:

• the_dudefather 30 May 2013 18:44:26 9,202 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Double Fine have a new kickstarter, this time led by Brad Muir, who was the project manager of Trenches/Iron Brigade

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/doublefine/double-fines-massive-chalice

(ง ͠ ͟ʖ ͡)

• Nitrous 30 May 2013 23:50:15 337 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    This for sure is a game/simulator for a very niche audience.
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/358753914/spintires-the-ultimate-off-road-challenge

I don't do PC gaming and my current PC just isn't built for it but the tech demo for this game looks brilliant (imo). Like I said niche audience but something different.

What are it chances of making the 40k goal they require?
  • bad09 3 Jun 2013 23:06:23 5,643 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Nitrous wrote:
    This for sure is a game/simulator for a very niche audience.
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/358753914/spintires-the-ultimate-off-road-challenge

I don't do PC gaming and my current PC just isn't built for it but the tech demo for this game looks brilliant (imo). Like I said niche audience but something different.

What are it chances of making the 40k goal they require?
    Just came in to mention this one as PC gamer did an article :) 8K to go on the 40K with 9 days left. Tech demo is surprisingly great fun if anyone hasn't tried it out yet.
  • Nitrous 4 Jun 2013 10:23:29 337 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @bad09 Yea the number of backers for it has almost doubled since I found it. I got to play the tech demo a few days ago and if they make this into a full game ready for next year I may consider saving up for a half decent PC for once.
  • bad09 4 Jun 2013 10:29:08 5,643 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Nitrous

It's not out until January and I'm sold already, Off-road Euro Truck what's not to love? :)
  • Nitrous 5 Jun 2013 10:22:51 337 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @bad09 The new demo is available now
  • Commander-Keen 5 Jun 2013 10:32:26 806 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    the_dudefather wrote:
    Double Fine have a new kickstarter, this time led by Brad Muir, who was the project manager of Trenches/Iron Brigade

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/doublefine/double-fines-massive-chalice
    Yeah, I backed this the other day. Big fan of Double Fine and this sounds like it could be a pretty cool concept!
  • bad09 5 Jun 2013 11:59:35 5,643 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Nitrous

Cheers for the heads up, I think that's the same one I downloaded though as the jeep is in that.
  • the_dudefather 7 Jun 2013 18:47:28 9,202 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Knightmare: live on stage!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1842491573/knightmare-live-the-cult-tv-show-on-stage-for-the

I live in Edinburgh, so will have to see it during this years fringe

(ง ͠ ͟ʖ ͡)

• mal 20 Jun 2013 21:17:26 22,340 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I'm surprised Mel Croucher's kickstarter for Deus Ex Machina 2 hasn't been mentioned in here. I only found out about it via the front page (ssh!).

Game is 15 quid (although you can get on the beta program for three quid less, oddly), but there are various legendary albums, books and other tat available for a range of prices which may tickle your fancy. 15 quid is a small price to play to support a ZX Spectrum luminary, surely?

Cubby didn't know how to turn off sigs!

• Mr-Brett 23 Jun 2013 16:36:08 12,723 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The B remote controlled flying car. This is pretty cool, nice to see a well planned kickstarter too.

Portable view - Never forget.

• Bleh 23 Jun 2013 18:37:51 240 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    For those who love card drafting games, Among the stars is in it last 54 hours. Already achieved some nice stredge goals.

It's about building a space station with your cards, but positioning your cards right gives it more dimension. The cards themselves are also beautiful.
  • YenRug 25 Jun 2013 18:07:42 2,020 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I've posted about this, before, but there's been a recent announcement that made me jump in:

[link url=http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/iron-sky-the-coming-race/x/1227228]
    Iron Sky: The Coming Race
    Crowdfunding the sequel to Iron Sky[/link]

Now, I enjoyed Iron Sky after picking up the cheap UK blu-ray that got pushed out before the film had even been shown in cinemas, in most of the rest of the world. I had debated buying the official blu-ray from the creators, as they put extras on it that got skimped on the UK release, but never got around to it.

At the end of last week, they announced that there was going to be a director's cut blu-ray release costing 30; I thought, what the hell, and went to go buy it. That was when the interesting bit came up, it turns out they were also offering the blu-ray as a reward in their Indiegogo campaign, to fund the pre-production of their sequel, at the $40 funding point. This was intentional, on their part, as it pretty much works out to be the same as 30, so they get funding towards the campaign and you get the blu-ray: win/win.

The day after I jumped in, I went back to look and they'd also added a new set of rewards at the $60 level; easier to show it as a pic:

I don't know about anyone else, but I happen to think it's one of the best value reward sets on any of the Kickstarter/Indiegogo campaigns I've funded, so far. Oh yeah, free worldwide delivery included.

If you hated the film, think of me what you will; if you liked it, take a look.

EDIT: Doh, forgot, ends in 6 days. Flexible funding, so they will work with whatever they get contributed and you'll get the perks.

Edited by YenRug at 18:10:34 25-06-2013
  • Coderebel 30 Jun 2013 13:32:48 2 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Hey there guys!

I am very excited to announce that my indie game project HollowFear, I've put so much love into has finally made it to kickstarter, and to offer you an early, but highly playable DEMO for download.
    DEMO DOWNLOAD

HollowFear is an innovative and challenging blend of RPG, Tower Defense and Action Hack & Slash.

This is a true indie project from the grounds up. I started working on it 4 years ago as a hobby. It is currently in a late development phase and is scheduled to be released in Q1 2014. Here's a bit more about development.
    More about development

Please try the demo and let me know what you think about it. If you like it, and want to see it finished as soon as possible, with loads of new high quality content and polish, please support us on KICKSTARTER and/or steam greenlight.

Kickstarter
    Steam Greenlight

Thank you for your support!
    --
    Uros Berce

Edited by Coderebel at 16:14:46 30-06-2013
  • mal 30 Jun 2013 14:12:23 22,340 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    FWIW, there's a Japanese-style 2d adventure game on Kickstarter called Harvest, already funded with less than two days to go. I like the look of the art style, but just having had a look at the promo video, the voice over manages to make a fairly generic story sound utterly uninspired, so I've decided not to pledge myself, but it may float your boat, so, uh, yeah.

• Coderebel 30 Jun 2013 16:13:08 2 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Post deleted
  • Ginger 30 Jun 2013 20:58:15 6,827 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    From the creators of syndicate wars comes satellite reign, a real time class based strategy.

Backed it just for the hell of it.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/5livesstudios/satellite-reign

London open taekwondo champion

• mal 30 Jun 2013 21:32:47 22,340 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Hardly the creators. Evry fule knoes that Syndicate Wars, being a Bullfrog title came from the mind of Peter Molyneux, with occasional assistance from Metaldog. But yeah, the lead is the old director of Syndicate Wars, though the rest of the team is different. Heart seems in the right place though.

It also seems to be going great guns, being at nearly a third of its target after a mere two days. Unlike that is, my personal current favourite, Deus Ex Machina 2, which is not even half way to being funded with only a week remaining.

• Ginger 30 Jun 2013 21:46:35 6,827 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @mal given PMs New direction with the cube I kinda prefer not to have him around. Would probably already have hit the target already if he was though.

London open taekwondo champion

• Widge Moderator 12 Jul 2013 13:57:32 13,267 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Not gaming related, but I really want this iOS keyboard:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/miselu/c24-the-music-keyboard-for-ipad

_ _ _

www.unpaused.co.uk - electronic noise adjective salad

• YenRug 12 Jul 2013 14:48:37 2,020 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Came across this one, earlier, kind of intriguing though hard to tell what stage they're at in development:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tylerowen/lacuna-passage

• mal 23 Jul 2013 02:22:01 22,340 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Seems everything's kicking off today.

Firstly, Deus Ex Machina didn't hit it's original target, so it's back with a much more reasonable total to hit which is only a third of the amount reached last time. Nothing new on the pledge page, but if you backed last time, or missed it, there you go.

And Ubuntu have put up their phone project on IndieGogo, using a Kickstarter style model and only asking a measly 32 meellion dollars to go to market ;) Still, it's hit 2.5k already so who knows. 30 days to go, and if you're quick you can bag a new phone for a mere 400 quid ($600) you can get a new phone. I should post this to the bargains thread.

Most importantly, the guy who was making that cool spider toy seems to have failed to get the big toy makers interested, so has gone to Kickstarter to promote the Spider Tank v6. For 50 quid-ish you can get a spider tank kit with a nerf gun attachment, or an extra 15 quid gets you a disc firing gun and a Vietnamese prostitute simulator. It's got coll fall-off armour, and a recoil system that deactivates it after three hits (and then you need to turn it off and on again). It comes in kit form so you'll need to paint it and screw it together, and it seems solder some simple bits together for the gun attachments, but it seems straightforward enough to me. He's even selling it as something you can build with your kids (soldering excepted, I assume), though whether you're happy to build something with your kids that involved small screws depends on the kid, and what kind of parent you are I guess.

• YenRug 23 Jul 2013 12:16:46 2,020 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @mal Ubuntu's already hit $3.3M, quite surprised at that, but the $600 phone option is now passed and you have to go for the $830 option...

Yeah, don't think I'll be pledging on this one, somehow.
  • grey_matters 23 Jul 2013 13:18:53 3,676 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Pledges have crawled to a stop now. They'll have to introduce a $650 pledge to keep things moving, I reckon. I like the concept though (depending on the CPU/RAM speed).

Edit: You would think that after asking for $80000 for the corporate package that they wouldn't ask for $100 for delivery.

Edited by grey_matters at 13:21:04 23-07-2013
  • Salaman 23 Jul 2013 14:04:15 18,874 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Ginger wrote:
    From the creators of syndicate wars comes satellite reign, a real time class based strategy.

Backed it just for the hell of it.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/5livesstudios/satellite-reign
    Ugh. Just pledged to this earlier today and already I've had the first "KICKSTARTER UPDATE! New Tiers added! Blah Blah Blah!" email.
    You already have my money, what use is it to me that you added a tier somewhere.
    Now fuck off until you've finished the game please. :-)
  • speedofthepuma 23 Jul 2013 14:10:40 13,266 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Quick, someone talk me out of the spider robot, I'm thinking about buying it to build with my 7 year old..

I've turned off all the avatars and crap, so don't expect me to be impressed by yours.

• mal 23 Jul 2013 14:22:43 22,340 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    grey_matters wrote:
    Pledges have crawled to a stop now. They'll have to introduce a $650 pledge to keep things moving, I reckon. I like the concept though (depending on the CPU/RAM speed).
    Bear in mind west coast America is still only just getting to work. But yeah, the cheaper pledge was a pull it seems.

• grey_matters 23 Jul 2013 14:52:34 3,676 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    mal wrote:
    grey_matters wrote:
    Bear in mind west coast America is still only just getting to work. But yeah, the cheaper pledge was a pull it seems.
    Yep, but it was near $3M last night so I'd imagine a good amount of west coasters were buying yesterday after work. Momentum seems to be a major factor in these things. If they introduce more price levels I could see them getting up to $12M+ but Shuttleworth is likely going to have to put his hand in his pocket to finish this, if he wants it completed.
  • spamdangled 24 Jul 2013 01:18:16 27,270 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Satellite Reign has 5 days left and is *nearly* at its goal.

I implore everyone who would love a REAL successor to Syndicate to pledge, as it looks utterly awesome.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• Page

of 13 First / Last