of 514 First / Last

• psychokitten Moderator 20 Sep 2012 11:19:47 7,794 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Scroll up
  • Deleted user 20 September 2012 11:20:02
    Wow that's shit!

Re knife stabbing

Also Battlefield 10 year anniversary today so deals on all titles. Tempted by BF3 PC for £9.99.

Edited by Apostle at 11:25:22 20-09-2012
  • jambii267 20 Sep 2012 11:30:34 1,366 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Rush on Armoured Kill might be bareable now! To be honest I'm suprised that DICE have been fairly on the ball with balancing on AK, now if they could please start with the rest of the game.

NNID: Jambii267 PSN: Dr-Jambii 3DS: 0216-0806-8561

• Iain815 20 Sep 2012 13:31:54 414 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Apostle wrote:
    Wow that's shit!

Re knife stabbing

Also Battlefield 10 year anniversary today so deals on all titles. Tempted by BF3 PC for £9.99.
    I wouldn't bother when you can get the premium edition for just under £30. I got it for £26 off Zavvi (using student discount), which is a cracking deal.
  • Deleted user 20 September 2012 13:44:12
    Yeah, very true. I don't think I will anyway, put all my time into the Xbox version, I'll stick with that til BF4 probably.
  • polaris70 20 Sep 2012 14:16:54 290 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Been playing this religiously since I got the goty edition last Friday. I start off on close quarters, having a few games of domination and gunmaster to get my "eye" in. Then after a couple of hours I head out into the wide world of Rush. I love that mode, and with the changes to the AC130 the new maps should be better to play.
  • tictac132 20 Sep 2012 15:24:54 87 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I've been enjoying AK, but I agree with some of the earlier views that it is a bit empty of console sometimes. But I just try to see it as a slightly different tactical style to PC – there needs to be a lot more mobility in order to win and the AK maps help with this, particularly with more vehicles.

I was excited about the additional aircraft and the gunship, but having played it, I'm not convinced. Two choppers works on Armoured Shield, but not sure about Death Valley. And jets, choppers and a gunship is a bit much as that's potentially 5 players from each team removed from the ground.

I do like it overall though.

My blogs – http://retrogt.com/blog/author/danny

• stephenb 20 Sep 2012 15:42:42 2,752 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    agparrot wrote:
    stephenb wrote:
    Best round ever in a jet ever for me on Alborz Mountain.

Seven choppers destroyed, 5 jets & 2 AC130's destroyed.

Well over twenty kills too. Was on the way to getting the Maverick dogtag. With 7 tickets to go I lose connection to the session, all of it lost and not appearing as a battle report.

FFFUUUUUUCCCCCKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!
    Oddly, only Alborz has kicked me off so far, from the new maps. I've had two disconnections, and yes, the most recent one was where I was worrying the top of the scoreboard!

It was exactly the same as it used to be on Metro Rush, where I'd frequently get disco'd on the last set of MComs, but they seemed to fix that bug, from what I remember.

I think you just notice it more when you get booted at the end of a good round!

It's doubly frustrating as Alborz is perfect for jets. It's so easy to skip behind a ridge or mountain when someone gets a lock on you.

PSN : v--WEDGE--v

• waggy79 20 Sep 2012 18:23:25 1,037 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just had my 1st pc game. Wasn't too bad with a pad tbh, I tried m k but I'm so used to knowing what each button does I'd rather just play with a handicap.
    Need some unlocks fast though...
  • Tryhard 20 Sep 2012 18:33:04 4,146 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Here is that knife vid Knife failage

I must admit Tank Sup' mode is disappointing in the fact that there is not a tank for everyone.Sometimes you have three people in base waiting for the next tank to spawn,and if you keep getting pipped at the post to where the next tank is to spawn.You can be standing around in base getting very frustrated.

There does not seem to be as many servers running AK maps as when it first released.Maybe when non prem folk get it there will be more to jump into.
  • ecu 20 Sep 2012 19:33:58 77,044 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    It's like close quarters, it caters too much to a niche type of gameplay instead of being balanced. If you're not in a vehicle in AK you're fucked, stand on foot in any of the maps for any length of time and you'll get killed by the gunship, choppers, blown up by a tank, exploded by the artillery. Also, I would imagine conquest is the go-to gametype for most BF3 players, but conquest in AK is probably the weakest mode. Even the hardcore PC players like levelcap say that conquest is the worst gametype on AK, and that's saying something.

For those that haven't tried it yet, the new maps are great on team deathmatch. The spawning seems a lot better than in the vanilla maps, and teams are actually put as teams so you attack as a group, instead of people being randomly all over the place. If you get shot in the back, it's because someone flanked you and got in behind, rather than someone just randomly spawning behind you.
  • stephenb 20 Sep 2012 19:57:50 2,752 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Tdm is very good on them I agree. Armoured shield is especially nice as it all takes place around the farm buildings and grounds. Lots of nice battle lines and flanking potential.

PSN : v--WEDGE--v

• Anthony_UK 20 Sep 2012 21:22:17 2,511 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    There's lots of fun to be had in BF3 but on console it really is a compromise. Rush mode was there solution to keep things busy on console but things can still get a little empty especially on the new maps.

I just wish DICE knowing the limitations of consoles could have worked things our differently rather than just having us make do and at times struggle to have fun.

It's frustrating because Kaos with Frontlines and the more recent Homefront really did nail the big epic multiplayer battles IMO far better than DICE did with BF3 on consoles, they understood the limitations and kept things focused while giving the vehicles room to do there thing...... DICE basically give us 1/3 full maps designed for PC and shrugged there shoulders

Edited by Anthony_UK at 21:23:44 20-09-2012
  • rudedudejude 20 Sep 2012 22:33:32 2,204 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I have noticed some servers that mix up AK maps and normal maps which makes the rotation quite fun. Not many though.

Also: she has quite a nice voice for a yankydoodle.

Edited by rudedudejude at 22:35:54 20-09-2012
  • ecu 20 Sep 2012 23:16:06 77,044 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Ilovechips wrote:
    Apostle wrote:
    Yeah, very true. I don't think I will anyway, put all my time into the Xbox version, I'll stick with that til BF4 probably.
    Stick where you are, I got PC Premium and yes it's looks purdy (not blown away purdy) but even AK feels a little lonely, I cannot imagine how the console if fairing not had time to try it out. I have some regret I want to finish off 100 on console.

Fucking hate being rank 1 again though it's funny on the scoreboard with all these 60's n 70's.

Oh and commo rose is fucking shit.
    Yeah, I got the PC version and don't play it much. Mostly because I hate losing my progress, I really wish it was one account and you could play any version and the stats would all go to one main account. Some of the stuff was a bit of a grind, and I actually enjoy the grind the first time around, but I have no desire to do it again. Large conquest is amazing though, I wish consoles had 64 players.
  • ecu 21 Sep 2012 00:04:17 77,044 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Well, at least you have a new PC for any other games. The Steam christmas sale will probably cover your entire gaming for 2013 if you wanted it to. I think you're crazy to prefer the Xbox graphics, I think it looks incredible on the PC and the framerate alone makes it significantly better.

If you use BF3 Settings Editor you can remove the commo-rose from Q. Not sure how that would work with a pad.

Also I really suggest getting used to keyboard and mouse, you're never going to be able to compete using a controller. The game is just that much better on PC but to get the most from it, you need to invest the time to get it set up exactly how you like it (in terms of key bindings, mouse sensitivity, re-learning the maps). The standard of player is a lot higher, so you get killed in ways that people would never kill you on Xbox. Windows 8 RP fucked up my install somehow, otherwise I'd join you for a game.
  • ecu 21 Sep 2012 00:54:12 77,044 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I've given up on getting to 100. I'm 44 now, but I don't really have the desire to play like I used to. I'm more intolerant of shitty games, such as when you join and you're on a team of low-levels getting base-raped by level 50+ colonels. If that happens more than a couple of times then I'll turn the Xbox off, whereas before I'd keep going until I got a decent game. Getting Borderlands 2 tomorrow and I probably won't play Battlefield again until the next double XP event in October. I've played for 350 hours and it takes around 600 to get to colonel 100. I'll play the final two DLC's for sure and there's still life in the game, but I can't see myself doing another 250 hours.
  • Tryhard 21 Sep 2012 10:57:50 4,146 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I was warming up for Borderlands 2 by playing Borderlands.And my little session was before I went on BF3.And I was amazed how better my gunplay was off the bat in BF3,as I was already up tempo from playing Borderlands.

Was going to have a few games of BF3 after the even more up tempo BL2 with added gun recoil.But it never happened.BL2 sunk its teeth in pretty deep.
  • ecu 21 Sep 2012 11:21:54 77,044 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I found that with the PC version of Battlefield 3. After playing it for a week, I went back to the Xbox version and I had improved massively. You have to be way more alert with so many more people on the map, and the standard of player is so high, you need to be faster too. I can see how that would work with BL2 as well.
  • tictac132 21 Sep 2012 13:26:09 87 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I'm kind of hoping that Rush on BF3 will turn out much like BC2. Towards the end of BC2's life, the Rush games (for some reason) got really good and were pretty even. I think it was because the hardcore fans were left and everybody knew the maps and most tactics had been seen by both sides.

Maybe BF3 will be the same because, right now, I find the matches pretty one sided.

• psychokitten Moderator 21 Sep 2012 13:30:16 7,794 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @agparrot

Bullshit knife glitch cost me a Gun Master win yesterday because the aforementioned person decided to use a knife. SHAME ON YOU.

Hilarious game though :)
  • neilqpr 21 Sep 2012 13:35:17 2,859 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Had my first full on rage quit in years during my brief gun master game last night. When I got knifed/demoted for the third time in one game the controller nearly went out the window.

Yes Spangly, I'm looking at you.
  • Tryhard 21 Sep 2012 13:36:52 4,146 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    BF3 is 90% you are kicking the other team in their base or are getting kicked in your base.Talking about console conquest.

When AK released it seemed pretty even as everyone was new to the maps.But now it is the same,one team is kicking the other.

I found after a year of BC2's release there was an outbreak of wookies on Rush.No future BF games will ever replace the fun I had on BC2 Rush.Just have to admit that.
  • tictac132 21 Sep 2012 14:06:08 87 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Tryhard Yeah, there were a lot more snipers – it was easier to get kills back then. Other than a few maps on BC2, I thought conquest was quite weak. It definitely seemed built around Rush whereas BF3 tries to do both on console.

I don't mind that, I like BF3, but BC2 just seemed a lot better on Rush.

• polaris70 21 Sep 2012 14:17:45 290 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Had a fun game of rush on Bazaar last night. Attacking first base and the B mcom. I think the defenders entire team was in that little room. So I spammed it with smoke and our team ran in. Thus ensued 24 player madness as the blind battle raged in a room no bigger than cupboard lol. We armed it eventually.
  • tictac132 21 Sep 2012 23:06:47 87 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @polaris70 I've had a couple of fun games on that map, but it's bloody awful for Rush for the most part.

• Page

of 514 First / Last