Gravity Rush Page 17

• Page

of 18 First / Last

• dominalien 21 Jun 2013 12:18:17 6,821 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Flying_Pig wrote:
    @Triggerhappytel - the DLC is ok. Each pack consists of about 5 or so new missions and a couple of challenges. Nothing really new. Finish the game and if you still have a hankering for some more they're worth a bash :)
    2 missions and 2 challenges each.

PSN: DonOsito

• Kay 21 Jun 2013 12:25:07 17,756 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    aros wrote:
    The height of some of the buildings was incredible, jumping off them and free-falling was brilliant. I really hope Gravity Rush 2 is in development and Studio Japan are only wasting a small team on the f2p piece of crap they are making.
    Agreed - the first game had all of the main ingredients in place, only really let down by the lack of mission variety and repetitive combat. An improved sequel could be spectacular, though part of me would prefer to play it on a big screen.

Edited by Kay at 12:25:30 21-06-2013
  • Triggerhappytel 13 Jul 2013 20:47:39 2,667 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'm nearly finished now; haven't played much recently but caught up with this little gem over the last week as I was on holiday. Easily my favourite Vita game so far, and possibly a rare 10/10 for me. I'll see how I feel about that when I'm finished. The only possible criticisms I would raise at it would be - echoing previous comments - that the combat does get a bit repetitive (more combos would have been great) and there could b a bit more by way of side missions and distractions in the city itself. But I really am being finicky in finding things to complain about, because overall it's just wonderful. And Kat is one of my favourite protagonists in a long time.
  • aros 15 Jul 2013 13:02:14 2,545 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Since there's so many threads to the story that are left unanswered I hope it indicates Gravity Rush 2 will be one of 2014's big Vita games.

Trigger, have you headed really far down yet? That whole sequence was probably one of the parts I enjoyed most.

Then returning to the surface to find everything so different and the time lapse thing was just amazing. I loved it.

Such a great game. I kind of want to own the retail version even though I've completed it on PSN just to have it in my collection.

Edited by aros at 13:03:54 15-07-2013
  • Widge Moderator 16 Jul 2013 11:02:29 13,243 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Oh! I am loving playing this. It's not *quite* the same feeling, but remarkably similar, as I got when playing Infamous. The way I could just naturally navigate and fly around a city with ease.

Love the little touches like picking up surrounding objects when I go gravity, and people! Score is lovely, has a real FFX/FFXIII type vibe to it, which I love.

Graphically, it has the Valkyria Chronicles vibe, thanks to the comic stories and cel shading.

Yeah, what's not to love so far. I'm not even playing the missions really, just farting about with my float-oh powers.

_ _ _

www.unpaused.co.uk - electronic noise adjective salad

• Humperfunk 16 Jul 2013 11:06:03 1,911 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Flying around the city etc was very satisfying indeed. What a game :)

PSN & NNID: Wedjwants

• Ror1984 16 Jul 2013 11:35:06 2,810 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    This pops into my head at least once a week.

Gravity Rush was my second-favourite game of last year, I absolutely adored it. I really hope there'll be a sequel.

FFXIV: ARR - Khroma Midgard, Odin.

• Widge Moderator 19 Jul 2013 10:38:09 13,243 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I golded a challenge. GOLDED. It was a really easy one in the entertainments division where you have to transport a load of people around.

Do like this though. Like the art, characters, the gameplay (not as repetitive as the review on here suggested), the story is decent, I think the motion and touch is implemented well...

Yeah good!

I am at mission 10 at the moment.

_ _ _

• Widge Moderator 19 Jul 2013 10:43:35 13,243 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Syrette wrote:
    Flying_Pig wrote:
    @Syrette - it was the one where you lost you gravity powers AFAIK
    The one where they gradually come back?

Thought it was a nice bit of level variety actually...
    I'm halfway through this. Tbh, this level isn't that challenging. My recharge on powers is really quick, meaning that any slip or fall is quickly recovered from.

_ _ _

• dominalien 19 Jul 2013 10:46:05 6,821 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Widge wrote:
    I golded a challenge. GOLDED. It was a really easy one in the entertainments division where you have to transport a load of people around.
    Congrats, I only started golding the challenges after I'd completed the game.

That said, I just have one challenge from the Maid DLC to gold for a nice 100%.

• aros 19 Jul 2013 10:56:34 2,545 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Widge wrote:

Do like this though. Like the art, characters, the gameplay (not as repetitive as the review on here suggested), the story is decent, I think the motion and touch is implemented well...

Yeah good!

I am at mission 10 at the moment.
    The trouble with reviews is that the reviewer sits and plays through a game in one sitting, whereas players enjoy a game over a long period of time. I'm sure most games are repetitive if you play for 12 hours straight - I think it's part of the reason reviews are moving further away from lining up with gamer's opinions.
  • Kay 19 Jul 2013 11:42:11 17,756 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I played the game over a period of weeks and still thought the combat criticisms were perfectly valid, considering the amount of Nevi you end up fighting throughout the course of the game.
  • aros 19 Jul 2013 12:45:23 2,545 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I tend to have breaks from a game and play something else until I feel like picking it up again, it took me many months in total to finish the game so I may have felt the same if I'd played it over a shorter period I guess.
  • Widge Moderator 21 Jul 2013 21:35:17 13,243 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Encountered my first unique Nevi. What a hard bastard. Especially with Kat going on about her rift powers not working!

Unsure about whether to push on for a plat on this game. I feel like it is achievable. I've only ever bothered about platting one game before, which was Fallout 3.

I could knock it on its head, finish it, and go on to Uncharted.

_ _ _

• Widge Moderator 21 Jul 2013 23:28:06 13,243 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Ok, the one I was up against was the one from the mirage, which was undoubtedly the hardest as I did the other two first time. All done now.

I need to:

Hear all mysterious couple story bits - think I have 2 to go. Maybe one left over in the mirage riff.
    Challenges. Old town gold, entertainments area just the FUCKING IRRITATING slide race. The other two areas not looked at really.
    Kill 8 with a superpower. Not really found a way of exploiting this one.
    40,000 gems. I should be well on the way after my unique navi destroying thing.

_ _ _

• Widge Moderator 23 Jul 2013 22:28:52 13,243 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Tough ones:

Sliding race in college place
    Energy race 2 in industrial
    Throwing challenge in main city

Got a couple in kiddyvillage that I've not tried though.

Theyz gonna be hard.

_ _ _

• dominalien 24 Jul 2013 08:08:16 6,821 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I got 100%! \o/

I love the design of the challenges. They seem impossible the first time you try them, then as you level up your powers they seem almost doable, only to become almost easy as you learn them and develop the tactics.

I did find combat somewhat repetitive, but never to the point of frustration. I did play the game over many months as well, though, so that may have lessened the tedium.

It may just be the best game I played on the Vita.

• Flying_Pig 24 Jul 2013 09:50:41 10,675 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I never really tried the challenges - they just all seemed too damn difficult.

A black mark against an otherwise excellent game for me.
  • ZuluHero 24 Jul 2013 10:14:29 4,011 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Just started playing (and loving) this!

The vita is an amazing bit of kit!
  • Widge Moderator 25 Jul 2013 09:15:01 13,243 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I think that is it now. Every trophy apart from Top Kat and that ONE BASTARD GOLD I need for the throwing challenge.

I'm guessing the key to that one is knowing where the high value throwable items are. I can get to 5000, but the gold target is 6000.

RE: challenges - I found them all rather straightforward once powered up. Anything which is a KILL X NEVI one, I absolutely decimate the Gold score. Free races, Gravity races - they just take a couple of runs to know the course and I'm generally busting the gold. That throwing one is a real challenge though.

Just doing the endgame now.

_ _ _

• dominalien 25 Jul 2013 09:28:00 6,821 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    You can go back to the challenge after you've completed the game. And I think you'll get Top Kat when you do the final mission; in my case I got it long before the end game by doing the DLC.

Edit: Oh, and the hardest mission for me was one from the Maid DLC which involved getting a score of 22000. For a time there I was certain I'd never make it, but of course it was just like all the others: learn, adapt, destroy.

The throwing challenge is fantastic. You have to scour the area for big heavy hitters and then fill it up with small stuff. Remember, hold circle to pick up more items (took me a while to figure out that one! Must have missed it during the tutorial)

Edited by dominalien at 09:31:19 25-07-2013

• Widge Moderator 25 Jul 2013 09:32:17 13,243 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yeah. I have had no strategy to date. I'm going to finish the game at lunch and then do a "big items" run.

_ _ _

• Widge Moderator 25 Jul 2013 13:35:16 13,243 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    100% done. Might come back to the DLC in a DLC sale.

_ _ _

• dominalien 25 Jul 2013 13:40:05 6,821 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Congratulations! :-)

• Triggerhappytel 3 Aug 2013 08:13:59 2,667 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I've just finished this. Such a good game. I loved almost everything about it, from the style and presentation, the characters, the city and the gameplay. Again, my only grumbles would be the repetitive combat (I really noticed this in the last few chapters, when I was using the flying kick all the time) and it'd be nice if there was a little more to do around the city. Great game though, I loved it so much and I'm glad they left plot strands ambiguous so they can revisit them in sequels.

So, who do you think Alias was?
  • aros 5 Aug 2013 09:30:38 2,545 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I hope there is a DLC sale at some point, at 50% off I'd buy all packs.
  • Zackv4861 19 Sep 2013 14:04:42 1,082 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Yes a sequal announced. Good news day
  • Roddy100 25 Sep 2013 00:43:10 748 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The news of a sequel inspired me to pop the original back into my Vita for old time's sake. I'd forgotten how impressive it is. According to my save file it had been over a year since I last played it - that time went by fast!

I was quite amused when I started playing and immediately found a gem I'd previously missed, which instantly popped the 'Gem Collector' trophy (collect 20,000 gems). If I had known I was so close to getting a silver trophy I probably would've come back to this sooner.

Edited by Roddy100 at 00:49:58 25-09-2013
  • aros 8 Oct 2013 10:04:51 2,545 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I think I might delete Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus (toooo hard for me!) and re-install Gravity Rush, I've been getting a hankering to play around in this again.

Do the missions in the DLC have cut scenes and a reasonable amount of story like in the game or are they fairly simple?
  • dominalien 8 Oct 2013 10:21:45 6,821 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    "Reasonable" is the correct word here. The challenges are fun, too, if that's your thing. Plus, pretty trophies.

• Page

of 18 First / Last