Rayman Origins

• Page

of 9 First / Last

Previous
  • Tom_Servo 7 Jun 2011 19:57:39 17,330 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    This looks fantastic, I'm really impressed. It's all hand-drawn, looks gorgeous. Ancel is on GT talking about it now.
  • Deleted user 17 October 2011 21:40:44
    Only one person interested in this game? What's wrong with you people.

It looks stunning

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Js3nXKuErg

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/120/1200712p1.html
  • kentmonkey 17 Oct 2011 21:46:33 20,446 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Really worried this won't sell, and it looks like it deserves to.
  • Deleted user 17 October 2011 22:01:36
    Aye they should delay it if they want to sell anything at all. Micahel Ancel gets treated like shit by Ubi, he should leave.
  • ecureuil 17 Oct 2011 22:02:49 76,514 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Bloody hell, it's out next month? For some reason I didn't think it was out until next year.
  • Ignatius_Cheese Moderator 17 Oct 2011 22:04:45 10,852 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    As soon as this went full retail release, I knew it wouldn't sell through that many copies.

It deserves to though. I played through the demo levels at the EG Expo in co-op with psychokitten and it really was a superb 2D platformer. I'll definitely be picking it up in the January sales but that isn't really what this title needs.

Should have been an XBLA/PSN title...
  • Deleted user 17 October 2011 22:06:33
    There is also a limited edition:
    http://www.shoptonews.net/2011/10/12/rayman-origins-to-get-collectors-edition/

50 on Amazon
  • Deleted user 17 October 2011 22:30:10
    Ignatius_Cheese wrote:
    As soon as this went full retail release, I knew it wouldn't sell through that many copies.

It deserves to though. I played through the demo levels at the EG Expo in co-op with psychokitten and it really was a superb 2D platformer. I'll definitely be picking it up in the January sales but that isn't really what this title needs.

Should have been an XBLA/PSN title...

glad to hear off the quality. But this needs to be released in Feb or March, Any non franchise game being released between now and end of Dec is just asking for trouble. We say this every year and still it happens. I just can't afford it at all next month. Just hope they do a Media Molecule and not be afraid to delay it.

But looks stunning though.
  • roz123 2 Nov 2011 08:52:46 7,112 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Nintendo Power gave the Wii version a 9.5

+Beautiful art
    +Inspired soundtrack that amplifies the manic atmosphere
    +Nothing plain or boring
    +Extremely fluid
    +Some of the "tightest" level design in the reviewers' 26 year experience with platformers
    +Great at creating sense of momentum
    +Perfect difficult
    +Great multiplayer
    +Always introducing new concepts

Overall: "Best Rayman game ever made. A platforming masterpiece."
  • Deleted user 2 November 2011 11:38:40
    Oh man, that's some review.

I was considering waiting for the Vita version, but not sure I can resist now.
  • ecureuil 2 Nov 2011 11:42:25 76,514 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    By the time I have the free time to play this, the Vita version will probably be out..
  • Deleted user 2 November 2011 12:51:05
    I caved in and pre-ordered the PS3 limited edition.

Don't mind doing it for a game that needs the sales.
    I'm sure I'll find some time in amongst Skyward Sword and Dark Souls. Not interested in the other big-hitters.
  • KingOfTheC 2 Nov 2011 20:45:33 288 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    There are so many good games these few months.

This must be one of the best christmas build ups ever surely?

This wasn't even on my radar until I looked at this thread :-(
  • figaro7 2 Nov 2011 20:49:38 1,362 posts
    Seen 24 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    To be honest i preordered this a while ago, just looked fantastic from every video ive seen! Be nothing like some good old 2d platforming in between games like zelda and elder scrolls V.
  • roz123 2 Nov 2011 20:58:25 7,112 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I can remember 2004 having Half Life 2, GTA:SA, Metroid Prime:Echoes and Halo 2 all in the same November but there is probably more big selling titles out this year. People are worried games like this might get missed out in the hype around this time going up against COD, Zelda, 3DS, BF3, Uncharted, Skyrim etc. but if its like the DVD and book industry probably more then 60% of the years software will be sold in the buildup to christmas.
  • smoothpete 6 Nov 2011 11:27:29 31,335 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I've only just heard about this, it looks BEAUTIFUL. Like, crazy good looking. I will be getting it I think.
  • caligari 6 Nov 2011 11:46:31 16,998 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Cool Spot meets Earthworm Jim - only it's French, so it'll be painfully unfunny.

;)
  • Deleted user 9 November 2011 01:30:27
    Played the demo today. Brilliant. Better than brilliant.

It definitely is Cool Spot meets Earthworm Jim by the way, with a big dose of Locoroco.
  • beastmaster 9 Nov 2011 08:34:31 11,179 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Going to ask my mate to get me this for my birthday. It looks stunning.

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• smoothpete 9 Nov 2011 09:11:32 31,335 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Mmmm I want to be home playing the demo :(
  • roz123 9 Nov 2011 09:23:30 7,112 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    My God it looks fantastic. Hopefully my girlfriend will like this as much as NSMBWii and Epic Yarn.
  • richardiox 9 Nov 2011 21:31:59 5,542 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Just had a quick blast on the demo. Loved it, made me want to invest in a new TV (current 22" monitor now 4 years old) more than BF3, Rage etc

It's great to be back playing a colourful platform game that puts a smile on your face. A whole session on a game without firing a shot - fancy that!

Is this out this month then? Think it will be good as my Xmas game. Might even be able to coax the mrs into some co-op.
  • SomaticSense 9 Nov 2011 21:41:51 7,959 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The demo is utterly brilliant, the best 2d platformer I've played in god knows how long. It has definite Aladdin vibes, if anyone remembers that 16bit stunner. In fact, it reminds me a lot of the Virgin/Shiny input of back then.

It's just a shame I won't be getting it until much later when it's much cheaper. Going from a surefire XBLA hit to a retail game which will sell barely nothing any at other time of year anyway, at this crazy time is a suicidal business decision.

I mean, I love the demo, but not even I will pony up the RRP in this cluttered November time, so I can't see any fence sitters even giving it a thought. It'd make a perfect Xmas gift for kids, but come on, surely even Ubi knows that nowadays little Johnny would rather be stuck in front of the latest CoD screaming obsenities at random strangers rather than playing a gorgeous and hugely playable 2d platformer.

Stupid, stupid Ubi.

Edited by SomaticSense at 21:45:08 09-11-2011
  • richardiox 9 Nov 2011 21:47:57 5,542 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Good compromise in those situations would be to go retail but at 24.99 RRP. In previous gens there seemed to be a whole mid/low priced tier for new releases, 'budget titles'.

Now that strata has been filled by 'classics' or 'platinum' re-releases which is a shame.
  • Deleted user 9 November 2011 21:50:57
    richardiox wrote:
    A whole session on a game without firing a shot - fancy that!
    Didn't you play the shmup level? ;)

It's out in a couple of weeks I think.
  • kentmonkey 9 Nov 2011 22:14:47 20,446 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I really want this, but at the same time really don't want to pay full price. At 24.99, I'd buy it instantly though.
  • Daeltaja 9 Nov 2011 22:20:10 1,036 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Lovely demo - and looks glorious on a Samsung LED. Extremely vivid colours. Tight as nails platforming and very imaginative level design.

Might pick this up for xmas!

On a side note, my heart wept a little bit in work the other day, when a group of kids were looking at a game trailer reel on the TV (I work in retail) and after the COD trailer (to which they spazzed out like complete nutjobs) the new Zelda trailer was up, to which they took the piss out of, saying how shit it looks and how Link looks like a gay fairy.

Feel sorry for this new generation of gamer, they've no idea what they missed out on, or ARE missing out on!

Edited by Daeltaja at 22:24:00 09-11-2011
  • SomaticSense 9 Nov 2011 22:36:22 7,959 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'm only 28, and that kind of crap makes me feel old :(
  • kentmonkey 9 Nov 2011 22:37:45 20,446 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Daeltaja wrote:

Feel sorry for this new generation
    ...because they're brought up in a society where they're allowed and often encouraged to act and behave like cunts.

If they don't like stuff like Rayman Origins or Zelda, I'm actually quite pleased, as that means I don't share their tastes.
  • Deleted user 9 November 2011 22:40:11
    To be entirely fair. Link does look like a gay little fairy.
  • Page

of 9 First / Last

Previous