Wii U Page 255

• Page

of 1363 First / Last

• Armoured_Bear 19 Nov 2012 22:47:26 11,254 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    joelstinton wrote:
    richardiox wrote:
    In summary, true to the form set by the Wii - in terms of the hardware capability this is a "last gen" console released 12 months before competitors release their "next gen" offerings.

It really does boggle my mind to think when "project cafe" was announced Nintendo claimed or implied they would be winning back the hardcore gamer with a technologically capable machine.

Fast forward 18 months and it has below par online, purchased tied to a single console (what the fuck) and has multiplat games that don't compare favourably to their PS360 versions. Both of which are 7 year old systems. I know this is only launch software and ported versions too but really, a 2012 onwards machine should be able to handle Batman etc without breaking a sweat.

And a massive lol at Higgins' change of heart. Dismissing everyone else's concerns until the day EG publish their verdict when all of a sudden the problems are legit. "told you so" etc.

Yes, I'm sure as always first party software will make and sustain the WiiU. But that has been as much of a curse for previous Nintendo consoles as a blessing. Why can't Ninty just give us those amazing Nintendo games but also create a system that can capably offer the full gaming spectrum.
    Thats a bit unfair. I don't think Nintendo ever stated that they went out to win back the hardcore gamer with a technologically capable machine. They stated they want to win back the hardcore gamer with games - and they shown to some degree a sign of that - Third party ports, Zombie U, A more challegenging New Super mario Bros, Bayonetta, Pikmin, Wonderful 101, Monster hunter Tri, some stupidly crazy hard 2D platformers on the E shop etc.

Whilst the online servers are having issues, they have all the basics of the other online systems? no? You can add and send friend requests. You can video chat. Ok headset chat is plain awakward give you that, but at least with miiverse they are attempting something engaging and different from the other systems. They got the basics and gone a bit further with online. The account system is fucked atm. But the option to use a existing account is already there, it just doesn't work.

Third party games on launch machines always have issues. Always. The originals are littered with bugs and updates, its too be expected. People on neogaf are saying that sonic and tekken are better ports. The fact the machine can handle ass creed 3 from the get go is encouraging, a couple of months polishing and the wii u version would probably the superior version, in a launch window.

I know higgins asn't covered himself in any glory. at all. But his new here. Forumites are a more wise cracking bunch here and everyone comes on here, trying to be serious, but they will soon learn!. Its easy to be on the receiving end of some serious banter in here.

The machine as teething issues for sure, its to be expected, but to jump the gun and dismiss straight of the bat is crude. Nintendo have a lot of work to do to rectify certain issues, and thats when we will know if they are serious or not. If they leave it, they can go fucked and then i join in with the hate. I hope the machine does well. For the endless moaning of current gen issues i would hope a few more people be a bit more accepting of the Wii U.
    Good post.
    Plenty of people at neogaf are loving ZombiU.

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• Deleted user 19 November 2012 22:50:22
    People spending 350 on something have decided they love it just hours after queuing up in the cold close to midnight to get it? I am shocked.

Edited by Aargh. at 22:50:56 19-11-2012
  • Deleted user 19 November 2012 22:52:58
    What has it not being made by Apple got to do with whether basic features that everyone else has been able to handle without problems for years work or not?

You're a sad, strange little man.
  • Deleted user 19 November 2012 22:56:21
    What's that got to do with Apple?
  • Deleted user 19 November 2012 22:57:19
    The console isn't going to love you and keep you company in bed at night if you read something that criticises it you know.
  • Moot_Point 19 Nov 2012 23:01:20 4,093 posts
    Seen 60 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    higgins78 wrote:
    Aargh. wrote:
    People spending 350 on something have decided they love it just hours after queuing up in the cold close to midnight to get it? I am shocked.

Edited by Aargh. at 22:50:56 19-11-2012
    350 will feel like small change March next year when we (Wii U owners) have a library of exclusives which put the jaded/predictable antics over whats happening on PS3/360 to shame.
    Mitt Romney?! AICMFP!

================================================================================

mowgli wrote: I thought the 1 married the .2 and founded Islam?

• Deleted user 19 November 2012 23:06:11
    Post deleted
  • Deleted user 19 November 2012 23:07:31
    Post deleted
  • Deleted user 19 November 2012 23:10:10
    When the best game on your new system is a side scrolling Mario game you reeeeeallly shouldn't be attacking a series that has only been around a couple of years.
  • Cappy 19 Nov 2012 23:10:46 11,940 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Hold on. The Wii U is going to have a lineup that beats the existing PS3 and 360 exclusives by March? Is that individually or both combined? :-D

The Wii U score so far stands at zero.
  • Deleted user 19 November 2012 23:13:20
    Post deleted
  • Psychotext 19 Nov 2012 23:13:39 54,204 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    higgins78 wrote:
    350 will feel like small change March next year when we (Wii U owners) have a library of exclusives which put the jaded/predictable antics over whats happening on PS3/360 to shame.
    ...so why not buy it in March, when the operating system will (might) be sorted and the games will (might) be out.

I'm still struggling to see the argument. It's either worth it now (Zombie U, SMB etc), which is fine... or it's not.

Edited by Psychotext at 23:14:12 19-11-2012
  • Bremenacht 19 Nov 2012 23:14:38 18,275 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
  • the_dudefather 19 Nov 2012 23:16:01 9,288 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Nintendoland music is the best exclusive

[youtube] 9kGESv_ONH4[/youtube]

(ง ͠ ͟ʖ ͡)

• Deleted user 19 November 2012 23:16:37
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    RobTheBuilder wrote:
    If the CPU is as bad as people are making out, it seems like a remarkable fuck up in design that you would never usually expect from Nintendo.
    From neogaf:

It gets more and more abstract, but several months ago, I posted that a certain middleware dev reached 360-levels of performance on Wii U. Another update brought further optimizations. Then, the next big update increased the performance by several hundred(!) percent.
    I see why neogaf is such a good source of information now.
  • Fatiguez 19 Nov 2012 23:16:55 8,738 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Post deleted
  • Psychotext 19 Nov 2012 23:18:15 54,204 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    So wait, was the first update the one which got 360 levels of performance before they further improved it and then managed to beat that performance by several hundred percent?!?

So it's now more than several hundred percent better performing than the 360? Damn.
  • graysonavich 19 Nov 2012 23:19:45 7,353 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Post deleted
  • RobTheBuilder 19 Nov 2012 23:19:57 6,521 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Maybe just to add some reality back to this thread (sorry), I just figured I'd see what the 360 launch games looked like.

I found this, and I feel a little less concerned about where the WiiU can go graphics-wise.

• Page

of 1363 First / Last