Wii U Page 229

• Page

of 1372 First / Last

• Gambit1977 15 Nov 2012 22:10:37 10,297 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    joelstinton wrote:
    Just a question here. The mario review as hyped me up again. Amazon are out of 32GB, but still have the basic available for launch day release.

I got a 150gb external hard drive knocking around somwhere (usb cable - might have to get a harddrive with y cables).

Will i abe able to save sytem data to the harddrive? like firmware updates and that?
    At a guess, I'd say no.
    You also can't save downloaded games to a USB stick as they apparently had problems.
  • Deleted user 15 November 2012 22:14:17
    What do you mean by system data?
  • beastmaster 15 Nov 2012 22:37:15 11,660 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Waiting for the 'other' reviews?

I'm really looking forward to getting one but I'm not sure when that will be.

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• Deleted user 15 November 2012 22:40:39
    18th
  • King_Edward 15 Nov 2012 22:40:53 11,459 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    higgins78 wrote:
    Where are all the Wii U haters now? Its all gone terribly quiet...
    This is the Fight Club moment when you realise it was all in your head.
  • Deleted user 15 November 2012 22:41:14
    CrispyXUK wrote:
    What do you mean by system data?
    What the machine needs to operate, so the OS, firmware updates etc.

@Gambit - surely you can d/l games to the HDD, thats the whole point of having teh external HDD?
  • Deleted user 15 November 2012 22:43:06
    well you can't put the os on an external obviously
  • Kay 15 Nov 2012 22:43:33 17,936 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    higgins78 wrote:
    I think its safe to asses that whichever "other" reviews come out the woodwork, and they all do, the first few from relatively respected sites - Eurogamer and IGN - are enough to prove the Wii U is going to have a strong launch.
    Hang on a minute, we've only had reviews for two games - one of which was a safe bet to be good (albeit a little unremarkable in the context of the franchise), and the other comes with the console itself. Hardly enough for a "strong" launch.

Also, IGN "respected"?!
  • Gambit1977 15 Nov 2012 22:46:04 10,297 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @joelstinton games to external hard drive - yes
    Os to external hard drive - no
    Games to USB stick - no

Hope that's clearer :)
  • Deleted user 15 November 2012 22:46:52
    ok thanks. :)
  • Progguitarist 15 Nov 2012 22:51:44 10,489 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    higgins78 wrote:
    No one hates the wii u, you clown. They were winding you up.
  • Luckyjim 15 Nov 2012 22:53:47 2,873 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    :D
  • Gambit1977 15 Nov 2012 22:54:23 10,297 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Progguitarist wrote:
    higgins78 wrote:
    No one hates the wii u, you clown. They were winding you up.
    Post of the day! I can't stop chuckling reading 'clown' :lol:
  • Deleted user 15 November 2012 22:54:57
    Watched the video review of Mario on ign and thought I was watching the Wii version (didn't help that they were talking about the Wii version at the start). Honestly thought this looks dated, then they actually showed the Wii version and I couldn't believe how shit it looked. Don't remember the PS2 having such bad graphics!
  • Deleted user 15 November 2012 22:57:39
    mowgli wrote:
    Watched the video review of Mario on ign and thought I was watching the Wii version (didn't help that they were talking about the Wii version at the start). Honestly thought this looks dated, then they actually showed the Wii version and I couldn't believe how shit it looked. Don't remember the PS2 having such bad graphics!
    may have been made worse by the capture resolution? so it was showing it in 720p instead of SD resolution.

But i agree, at teh time i thought they couldn't really improve graphics, but the HD barrier is a massive difference.
  • mrpon 15 Nov 2012 22:59:13 29,234 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Please don't tell me you were born in 1978.

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• Deleted user 15 November 2012 23:00:17
    higgins78 wrote:
    mowgli wrote:
    Funny, I was recently watching the video review covering Assassins Creed III and swore it was exactly the same game - with the same flaws - we all played/witnessed in Assassins Creed II.
    And your point?
  • Gambit1977 15 Nov 2012 23:01:09 10,297 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    higgins78 wrote:
    mowgli wrote:
    Funny, I was recently watching the video review covering Assassins Creed III and swore it was exactly the same game - with the same flaws - we all played/witnessed in Assassins Creed II.
    Shush 'clown'! ;)
  • Luckyjim 15 Nov 2012 23:03:10 2,873 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Why does thread feel more like care in the community than a discussion about the WiiU.
  • Mola_Ram 15 Nov 2012 23:04:58 7,759 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    higgins78 wrote:
    mowgli wrote:
    higgins78 wrote:
    mowgli wrote:
    And your point?
    That looks can sometimes be deceiving...sometimes.
    [youtube]XnkGwPuQco8#t=125s[/youtube]
  • neilka 15 Nov 2012 23:05:50 16,328 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    mrpon wrote:
    Please don't tell me you were born in 1978.
    I think he is 78, therefore falling into two of the key Wii demographics.

BAAANG!!!!! EXPLOTION!!!!!

• Page

of 1372 First / Last