Wii U Page 938

• Page

of 1212 First / Last

• Cappy 24 Sep 2013 00:01:06 11,706 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The original Wind Waker bundle for the Gamecube was a far more attractive proposition.

It was only £130 and Zelda was still somewhere near state of the art back then so you had art and animation that got people's attention. Not forgetting the bonus disc which had more Zelda games on it, including the Master Quest variant of Ocarina of Time that had never been released outside Japan.

That was a bundle that had me running out to buy it day one, this on the other hand. Meh.
  • Pinky_Floyd 24 Sep 2013 00:11:32 6,428 posts
    Seen 55 seconds ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Too right Cappy, load of oul shite.
  • Towels 24 Sep 2013 00:36:50 22 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    DFawkes wrote:
    I don't own it because I suck at the demo. I suck so much it's beyond the comprehension of mere mortals. I don't purchase games that I know I suck at and will get stuck on. Fantastic game though. It's still enjoyable if you're terrible, as even a well timed block or capturing and enemy into your team can be satisfying, but I can barely finish the demo so it's enough for me.

That said, once I run out of goes I might be tempted into buying it because I do enjoy playing it. I'll be sticking it on the easiest setting though.
    For what it's worth, it's impossible to not complete this game. You won't get stuck on any of the bosses, like you can in DMC. You just keep pressing continue.
  • midi82 24 Sep 2013 09:00:34 578 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I was glad of the continues in W101 on Saturday, got on one level where I just could not figure out how to beat it, I think I must have used 9 or 10 continues. It stops counting after 5, I think it's so you don't feel bad.
  • DFawkes 24 Sep 2013 09:22:24 22,067 posts
    Seen 5 seconds ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Towels wrote:
    For what it's worth, it's impossible to not complete this game. You won't get stuck on any of the bosses, like you can in DMC. You just keep pressing continue.
    I didn't realise this! That's an excellent piece of information that I've not known until now. Will definitely pick it up now, once I'm done with the games I'm currently playing. I imagine it'll hurt your score, but I don't care about that for my first run.

Thanks for letting me know :)

I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

• Pinky_Floyd 24 Sep 2013 09:52:24 6,428 posts
    Seen 55 seconds ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I think that's the case on Normal or lower. Higher difficulties may limit continues, I'm not sure.
  • nickthegun 24 Sep 2013 09:55:08 55,877 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    If its anything like other platinum games, you can continue as many times as you like, but it murders your score and since platinum games are, basically, score attack games, you dont want that.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• Raiko101 24 Sep 2013 10:26:08 5,545 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @joelstinton Are they bring advertised?

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• DFawkes 24 Sep 2013 11:47:36 22,067 posts
    Seen 5 seconds ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    If it's anything like other platinum games, you can continue as many times as you like, but it murders your score and since platinum games are, basically, score attack games, you don't want that.
    I know that, in the long run, I'll have to gain some competency when playing it, but when playing it at first, I don't like to be punished by having some enemy I'm not good enough to beat. That was really my only concern stopping me buying W101 - that I'd get stuck and end up never seeing all the levels once, which would also kill any inclination to replay.

But now I know I can suck all I want at first! Sure, one day I'll really have to get better, but I just want to have fun experimenting. I love playing the demo because it's a fun game, but I just found there were issues with my brain and hands being terrible at making positive things happen in game.

Edit: I really shouldn't be buying more games right now, as tempting as it is. I will get it when I can though.

Edited by DFawkes at 11:51:43 24-09-2013

• Deleted user 24 September 2013 12:03:49
    @Raiko101 Not at all. I havn't seen any sort of advertisment. The amazon page doesn't even have an image for the product!
  • Raiko101 24 Sep 2013 12:49:29 5,545 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Here's hoping they haven't actually forgotten to market them at some point. There are rumours of a NSMBU + NSLU bundle on the horizon, and apparently Wii U sales are on a slow incline at the moment.

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• DFawkes 24 Sep 2013 12:53:29 22,067 posts
    Seen 5 seconds ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    To be fair, they'd be hard pushed not to enjoy a slow incline. People would pretty much have to start returning them to shops.

Are those bundles even out yet? I wouldn't expect many people to bother pre-ordering them at this time, they're hardly going to fly out the door (no Mario kart or price drop, obviously). The best they can hope for is a reasonable couple of weeks sales, I reckon.

• Pinky_Floyd 24 Sep 2013 14:03:37 6,428 posts
    Seen 55 seconds ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Gonna flyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy off the shelves!

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/nintendo-zelda-wii-u-is-a-system-seller/0121537
  • jimnastics 24 Sep 2013 14:38:22 181 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Seriously do not understand what they are playing at... the only genuine mass system sellers they have are Mario Kart and Smash Bros, the two games which appeal to a huge audience. After that, maybe the new 3D Mario could be a success (though I think a SM64 / Galaxy style would be more popular). As much as I absolutely love Zelda, and I personally can't wait for this WW HD, it is not going to appeal to the masses.

I still can't believe they haven't yet lined up a 3D Mario bundle, and I'm still in amazement that they didn't get Mario Kart (and a subsequent bundle) ready for Christmas. At the right price, that actually could have flown of the shelves this Xmas, as much as we like to mock.
  • nickthegun 24 Sep 2013 14:39:43 55,877 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    “For many Zelda fans, this is the first time that they’ll discover Wind Waker and we’re treating the game as a triple-A new release.”
    "...because we have no other AAA releases on the slate. Sorry."

He totally called it

• Youthist 24 Sep 2013 14:41:58 9,902 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I do believe given the option they would release Kart for xmas, but software development is complicated.

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realise half of them are stupider than that

• nickthegun 24 Sep 2013 14:42:19 55,877 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Press 'QUOTE' on the above post for full details.

He totally called it

• Pinky_Floyd 24 Sep 2013 14:43:00 6,428 posts
    Seen 55 seconds ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Youthist wrote:
    I do believe given the option they would release Kart for xmas, but software development is complicated.
    Should just release it in its current state then release the rest of the tracks later as DLC :)
  • nickthegun 24 Sep 2013 14:43:03 55,877 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Oh, the text reappeared and brought a wild youthist with it. Delightful.

He totally called it

• LeoliansBro 24 Sep 2013 14:43:27 41,869 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'm sure the Xbox One is going to launch with Shadow Complex 2 and the promise of Halo: Combat Evolved in 12 months as AAA system sellers too. Amazing the quality when Nintendo puts its full weight behind supporting a new console.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• neilka 24 Sep 2013 14:45:47 14,942 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Can there really be anyone who became a Zelda fan after Wind Waker?
  • Pinky_Floyd 24 Sep 2013 14:45:49 6,428 posts
    Seen 55 seconds ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    The new Japanese bundles look better value.
  • nickthegun 24 Sep 2013 14:49:10 55,877 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Than what?

He totally called it

• Pinky_Floyd 24 Sep 2013 14:50:47 6,428 posts
    Seen 55 seconds ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    The Euro bundles.
  • nickthegun 24 Sep 2013 14:55:37 55,877 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    You get the pedometer free. A must for all wii u users.

He totally called it

• DFawkes 24 Sep 2013 15:01:05 22,067 posts
    Seen 5 seconds ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    If I may ask a serious question, what would it take for you to purchase a Wii U, nick? I know we've discussed many reasons people aren't buying them, but I'm asking you personally as I'm curious. Or is there zero chance of anything taking you interest enough?

• Pinky_Floyd 24 Sep 2013 15:02:41 6,428 posts
    Seen 55 seconds ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    They are cheaper and have more games, therefore = better value. Rocket Science isn't my strong point but it seems straight forward enough.
  • nickthegun 24 Sep 2013 15:06:52 55,877 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Games, basically. I dont really want to buy into the 'its your second console' thing anymore. I only want one console and that will be the one with the most games i want to play.

That said...... I will probably pick it up next christmas or beyond when its bundled with Mario Kart and a decent portion of all the games it will ever have have been released.

As ridiculous as I find nintendo, it is hard to imagine that I really, truly will skip a generation for the first time in 25 years*.

*which, as a side discussion, is quite impressive that they have managed to almost lose a loyal customer of a quarter of a century

He totally called it

• nickthegun 24 Sep 2013 15:07:29 55,877 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Pinky_Floyd wrote:
    They are cheaper and have more games, therefore = better value. Rocket Science isn't my strong point but it seems straight forward enough.
    Sorry, the pedometer was a poor joke. They are much better value.

He totally called it

• Pinky_Floyd 24 Sep 2013 15:09:09 6,428 posts
    Seen 55 seconds ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:

*which, as a side discussion, is quite impressive that they have managed to almost lose a loyal customer of a quarter of a century
    Probably why Hiroshi kicked the bucket.

Miyamoto - "Hosh, we've lost Nick".

Hiroshi - /dies
  • Page

of 1212 First / Last