Wii U Page 925

• Page

of 1415 First / Last

• Deleted user 7 September 2013 19:51:59
    Yeah i been thinking about changing my name just incase employers see any threads i posted in with deckard and neilka ;). Then i realised i have my website in my sig so it'd probably make no difference.
  • Ziz0u 7 Sep 2013 20:08:06 8,648 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Grax

Who were you before?
  • mrpon 7 Sep 2013 20:17:14 29,590 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    ZizouFC wrote:
    @Grax

Who were you before?
    Ashley Fiddles

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• Grax 7 Sep 2013 20:21:54 2,296 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    @joelstinton that was a consideration I finally made the change after one too many people saying they think its fiddles and obviously spending time in this thread people might get the wrong idea haha
  • JiveHound 7 Sep 2013 20:26:11 2,749 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Just started Xenoblade after getting all the fruit in Pikmin 3.

Three hours went by fast. Love the battle system.

Live: Jive Hands
    PSN: Jive_Hands

• Grax 7 Sep 2013 20:29:29 2,296 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    @JiveHound what are you using to play it? I really want to have a go at some point but my sofa is fairly far from my tv so a classic controller won't cut it. It's what put me off monster hunter tri (thank god for ultimate)
  • JiveHound 7 Sep 2013 20:43:49 2,749 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Classic Controller Pro plugged into the wiimote.

Can't you plug a standard classic into a wiimote? I was under the impression you could.

• Grax 7 Sep 2013 20:50:43 2,296 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Oh never knew that :S tut I'm such a twat, looks like I will be on a hunt for a classic controller pro and xenoblade soon
  • DFawkes 7 Sep 2013 20:53:51 24,104 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Classic Controller is exactly the same connection as the CCP if you can find it cheaper, but I'd still recommend the Classic Controller Pro as it feels a lot nicer.

I just got an e-mail from Facebook saying the Wii U official page is being renamed Nintendo Console Gaming. New console incoming? or more likely just going to start posting old stuff? Probably the later, or just future proofing the page.

Edited by DFawkes at 20:55:24 07-09-2013

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• Daryoon 7 Sep 2013 21:53:06 4,670 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    They're changing the 3DS to "Nintendo Handheld Gaming", so it's probably just brand management...
  • Grax 7 Sep 2013 21:57:01 2,296 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    @Daryoon having said that they are releasing a 2ds so might be a new console on the horizon
  • Kami 7 Sep 2013 22:41:02 2,474 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @Grax; I doubt it; the 2DS/3DS thing is primarily because the whole 3D thing has died off. Developers likely don't want to waste time and/or money utilising a function that, in truth, most people have already turned off and had turned off long ago. It's not a surprise; after losing that lawsuit and the box-office drop in the last couple years for 3D, the "future" is looking pretty bleak... not least because Nintendo are known for really sticking to their guns on such functions!

That said, I still wonder why turning off the 3D or having the option to disable it in a menu altogether isn't a more viable and ultimately cheaper option for the company? I know Nintendo enjoys hardware revisions but still... *shrugs* 3DS XL was sound enough for me.

Mind you, I would NOT be surprised to see a new-look Wii U for Xmas to tie in with some new games. Again; it's what Nintendo do. A new look and a few fresh-faced games can work wonders, after all.

After all, there's certainly a lot to be said for a little reinvention, wouldn't you agree? :p

Master of Tekisuto No Kabe. *bows*
    And you're reading this why?!

• Daryoon 7 Sep 2013 23:24:50 4,670 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    If they do anything console related, it'll be a Wii U relaunch, maybe even with a *shock* slightly different name (perhaps just 'Nintendo U'). I know they've said "the name isn't the problem", but they also said there would be no price cut...
  • Pinky_Floyd 7 Sep 2013 23:36:07 8,398 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Changing the name would be a good thing.

John Walker who writes for EG posted this on twitter earlier:

"Clearly the Wii-U's failure is largely due to HUH? Even after using one, I've still little idea what the heck it's meant to be."

This puzzled me. Its a games console, it plays games. John's a great writer, his stuff is always entertaining but that doesnt excuse a comment as daft as the one above. What was he trying to do with it, make a cup of tea?
  • Armoured_Bear 7 Sep 2013 23:41:39 11,938 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    JiveHound wrote:

One of my very fave games of this last gen, I sank 100 hours into it, it's amazing, the massive environments and sense of exploration with no load screens is something to behold.

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• Grax 8 Sep 2013 06:20:54 2,296 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Daryoon wrote:
    If they do anything console related, it'll be a Wii U relaunch, maybe even with a *shock* slightly different name (perhaps just 'Nintendo U'). I know they've said "the name isn't the problem", but they also said there would be no price cut...
    You know, changing it to just Nintendo u might be the best thing they do to the console. I think the wii brand name has really hurt it. If they managed to get the marketing right hair before Christmas it might be a boost for them. Would also make my wii u a collectors item in the future lol
  • Deleted user 8 September 2013 06:37:42
    I don't think the wii brand as hurt it at all - after all its predesscor sold over 100 million, the only people who it has hurt os over dramatic hardcore gamers who claim to be 'burnt' by it. come on!

The wii 2, probably was the way to go, but i don't think overally the U, although not great, is part of the problem. No one seems to be confused by XBOX One, The amount of tablets, smartphones and all their revisions, with a whole range of different names under the sun.

The only thing it lacks is marketing, i seen more ads for the wii u on tv in the last month then the whole 10 months or so its been out, i think that where the problem is. it just needs hammering home a new nintendo console is out.
  • Pinky_Floyd 8 Sep 2013 06:43:11 8,398 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    They should change the name to choco krispies. Worked wonders for coco pops.
  • Grax 8 Sep 2013 06:47:56 2,296 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    joelstinton wrote:[/. No one seems to be confused by XBOX One,.
    Dare I say maybe this is because the bang bang staby staby crowd that Xbox are catoring for are to numerically challenged and are unsure if one does follow 360? Or maybe because it is written as one it doesn't compute that it is a number

Anyway Nintendo choc n roll for the win

Edited by Grax at 06:48:46 08-09-2013
  • CharlieStCloud 8 Sep 2013 08:08:14 5,530 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I just want a matte Wii U, you know?

... glossy plastic should be on a rocket heading towards the sun.
  • JiveHound 8 Sep 2013 10:08:23 2,749 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    JiveHound wrote:

One of my very fave games of this last gen, I sank 100 hours into it, it's amazing, the massive environments and sense of exploration with no load screens is something to behold.
    Once you get accustomed to the vaseline visuals it is actually pretty. I was shocked at how quick the fast travel was.

I can see me sinking a fair few hours into this before GTA hits. Love the battle system.

• addyb 8 Sep 2013 11:40:16 1,327 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Anyone else bought Rayman Legends whether that be on the Wii U or another format? I was going to get it for pc but my daughter loved the demo with the Murfy levels. Its great watching her navigate through the levels and considering shes not 4 yet its great to see her have her fathers great gaming skills at an early age ;)

The game itself is great. Absolutely love it. Pisses all over NSMBU imo. That seems even more old hat after playing legends.

Edited by addyb at 11:40:37 08-09-2013
  • Pinky_Floyd 8 Sep 2013 13:07:30 8,398 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    addyb wrote:
    Anyone else bought Rayman Legends whether that be on the Wii U or another format? I was going to get it for pc but my daughter loved the demo with the Murfy levels. Its great watching her navigate through the levels and considering shes not 4 yet its great to see her have her fathers great gaming skills at an early age ;)

The game itself is great. Absolutely love it. Pisses all over NSMBU imo. That seems even more old hat after playing legends.
    Nah, didnt buy. Had origins and played the legends demo but I am the opposite of you, I just prefer the pin point precision and devious level design of NSMBU and had huge fun in every single level. Rayman mostly just leaves me cold.
  • Grax 8 Sep 2013 13:14:44 2,296 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    I have legends on vita I prefer origins to be honest, however the murphy levels on the wii u would be quite good for your daughter
  • Grax 8 Sep 2013 13:17:18 2,296 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Nsmbu is a much more balanced polished game.
  • JiveHound 8 Sep 2013 14:26:32 2,749 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I bought Rayman but I have to agree with Pinky so far.

In fact I pretty much agree wholesale with the USgamer review.

The whole thing lacks cohesion for me. The controls are lacking in weight. Looks and sounds stunning though and at worst it is competent with some genuinely good ideas.

Too many Murfy levels.

• addyb 8 Sep 2013 15:47:09 1,327 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Pinky_Floyd wrote:
    addyb wrote:

Nah, didnt buy. Had origins and played the legends demo but I am the opposite of you, I just prefer the pin point precision and devious level design of NSMBU and had huge fun in every single level. Rayman mostly just leaves me cold.
    I guess we are opposites in this regard then. Im having a blast with the game. Definitely lacks the precision of mario but the level design for me is far better. Add in the challenges and collectables I just find it a much better game overall. I got bored of mario and I just felt like I was going through the motions. Just a hd makeover of the wii version for me.
  • Syrette 8 Sep 2013 15:53:15 44,336 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Grax wrote:
    joelstinton wrote:[/. No one seems to be confused by XBOX One,.
    Dare I say maybe this is because the bang bang staby staby crowd that Xbox are catoring for are to numerically challenged and are unsure if one does follow 360? Or maybe because it is written as one it doesn't compute that it is a number

Anyway Nintendo choc n roll for the win
    Not sure if serious.

• Pinky_Floyd 8 Sep 2013 16:08:53 8,398 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @addyb How much of it did you play? Did you like Super Mario World? Interested because this is the only game in the New series to grab me and by the time I had finished I was in thrall of just how good it was.
  • Phil-McCrack 8 Sep 2013 16:11:43 3,423 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    JiveHound wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    JiveHound wrote:

Once you get accustomed to the vaseline visuals it is actually pretty. I was shocked at how quick the fast travel was.

I can see me sinking a fair few hours into this before GTA hits. Love the battle system.
    He loves the battle system you know.

Danny MacAskill gives me a boner
    Formerly OptimusPube

• Page

of 1415 First / Last