Wii U Page 924

• Page

of 1212 First / Last

• Armoured_Bear 6 Sep 2013 09:47:46 8,746 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Pinky_Floyd wrote:
    @Armoured_Bear That screenshot looks HD, not gonna look like that after it gets 480p ised. Looks great though.

I

:D

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• gooner77 6 Sep 2013 09:53:14 652 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    A new Metroid Prime would be a shot in the arm for the WiiU and would make me very happy indeed.
  • malloc 6 Sep 2013 09:55:29 2,093 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Ashleyfiddes wrote:
    Me personally, I would prefer a donkey long over a metroid. I know I am I the minority and I really did like the prime series's but there is just something to a great platform game where you get into a flow and everything clicks

To me platforming is gaming at its purest
    It is but there are already plenty of platforming games for the Wii U.
  • kinky_mong 6 Sep 2013 09:57:00 9,607 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I gave up on Other M after just a couple of hours, utter garbage. Give us another Prime or a good 2D one on the 3DS!

I'll never get my Orc looking the same again.

• JiveHound 6 Sep 2013 09:58:02 2,141 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Eshop is full to bursting with them.

It's weird that the console could actually do with more shooters.

I would welcome a new Metroid game (and a traditional one on 3ds!) but for now I still have the Trilogy to get through.

Live: Jive Hands
    PSN: Jive_Hands

• jambii267 6 Sep 2013 12:24:52 1,306 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    If Retro chose to do Donkey Kong then you should support them, Not enough developers get to make what they want any more.

I'm sure we will get another Metroid at some point.

NNID: Jambii267 PSN: Dr-Jambii 3DS: 0216-0806-8561

• midi82 6 Sep 2013 12:36:10 578 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Everyone says they want metroid but sales figures show that DK is more popular.

I am sure there is an argument to be made that metroid may draw in a different type of gamer and that would be good for the platform, but DK is where the money is. I am sure there are less dev costs (even factoring they don't need to worry about a story), it sells more so therefore more profit, and for Nintendo and Retro that is what it is all about. Although I am sure they would love to make metroid the business side of it has to add up.
  • Pinky_Floyd 6 Sep 2013 13:49:40 6,421 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    There is always a Metroid. GC got 2. Wii got 2. Snes got 1. NES got 1.

N64 doesn't count.

We just need to wait a bit longer*

• Ashleyfiddes 6 Sep 2013 13:53:57 980 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Pinky_Floyd wrote:
    There is always a Metroid. GC got 2. Wii got 2. Snes got 1. NES got 1.

N64 doesn't count.

We just need to wait a bit longer*

please understand
  • Armoured_Bear 6 Sep 2013 14:43:05 8,746 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    midi82 wrote:
    Everyone says they want metroid but sales figures show that DK is more popular.

I am sure there is an argument to be made that metroid may draw in a different type of gamer and that would be good for the platform, but DK is where the money is. I am sure there are less dev costs (even factoring they don't need to worry about a story), it sells more so therefore more profit, and for Nintendo and Retro that is what it is all about. Although I am sure they would love to make metroid the business side of it has to add up.
    Fuck money, I want Samus with different suits, visors and massive fucking Ice Missiles.
    and Space Pirate death.

• Red_Bool 6 Sep 2013 15:28:24 1,142 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I would like Platinum to do a new Metroid on Wii U...
  • Deleted user 6 September 2013 15:28:53
    Telepathic.Geometry wrote:
    Pinky_Floyd wrote: Really must try out Other M which sits forlorn under the tv, never played.
    Sorry man, as a man who loves Metroid, I can say that this game and Super Paper Mario were the biggest fucking let-downs for me on the Wii. MASSIVE disappointment, and I even curbed my enthusiasm...

I almost think that it would have been better if it were shite. It was just soul-less and uninteresting the whole way through. It's mostly linear, and Samus' power-ups are her getting fucking permission!!! FUCK THAT!

/rage-demolishes office and surrounding environs
    Which Mario RPG do you think is the best?
  • Armoured_Bear 6 Sep 2013 15:31:14 8,746 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    rumblesushi wrote:
    Pinky_Floyd wrote: Really must try out Other M which sits forlorn under the tv, never played.
    Sorry man, as a man who loves Metroid, I can say that this game and Super Paper Mario were the biggest fucking let-downs for me on the Wii. MASSIVE disappointment, and I even curbed my enthusiasm...

I almost think that it would have been better if it were shite. It was just soul-less and uninteresting the whole way through. It's mostly linear, and Samus' power-ups are her getting fucking permission!!! FUCK THAT!

Paper Mario:TTYD is utterly fantastic.

• LeoliansBro 6 Sep 2013 15:31:56 41,863 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Red_Bool wrote:
    Side scroller?

I'd buy that.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• Deleted user 6 September 2013 15:32:44
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    rumblesushi wrote:

Paper Mario:TTYD is utterly fantastic.
    OK thanks, I haven't played any of them, but keep meaning to.
  • Deleted user 6 September 2013 15:37:09
    By the way, I heartily recommend the pro controller to any fellow John Wu owners. It really is very comfortable, more than the DS3 and 360 controller imo, with a better d-pad than both of them put together. Shame about the lack of analog triggers, but I'd say it's perfect in every other way.

The big silly controller shall now be used for nothing apart from the Nintendo store and system settings.
  • YenRug 6 Sep 2013 15:41:29 1,752 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Apologies if already posted, but Nintendo Land is currently 14.99 on Tesco Direct:

http://www.tesco.com/direct/nintendo-land/473-0666.prd

Seeing as Paper Mario is being discussed, although it's for the 3DS, Paper Mario: Sticker Star is currently 10 but out of stock. I managed to pick it up in my local Tesco, by chance, but proving hard to find; they have a stock alert option, though:

http://www.tesco.com/direct/paper-mario-sticker-star-3d/641-2428.prd
  • Ashleyfiddes 6 Sep 2013 16:23:31 980 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    Red_Bool wrote:
    Side scroller?

I'd buy that.
    I reckon that is the way they should go, back to a side scrolling adventure would be epic
  • JiveHound 6 Sep 2013 19:31:15 2,141 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    I think there's room for both. Prime on Wii U, 3ds for a more traditional adventure.

Live: Jive Hands
    PSN: Jive_Hands

• Pinky_Floyd 6 Sep 2013 19:39:19 6,421 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Loooooved Metroid Fusion and erm..... The other one.
  • Pinky_Floyd 7 Sep 2013 00:37:36 6,421 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Had the joy of tickling the inside of my wii u with Metroid Prime 3 Corruption tonight. The start of it reminded me a lot of Halo 2, except that was an utter fucking turd of a game so my comparisons stop right there.

Nice visual upgrade too after 1 and 2. I know Prime 1 was touched up a bit for Trilogy but Corruption does look a fair bit better. In fact, it looked pretty much excellent on my big plasma. 60 fps too, no slouch and the smoothness means the game has aged very well.

In fact, Im bloody impressed this ran on Wii hardware at such a pelt. Quite the achievement from Retro.

Controls are pretty cool, apparently getting the controls just right delayed the game by a year and all that work paid off. Its pretty effortless to move and shoot.

If you havent played it, you should definitely pick a copy up for the wii u. If you can, get Trilogy but its costly, upwards of 40 for a second hand copy. Corruption on its own should be cheap as chips though.
  • Raiko101 7 Sep 2013 05:15:03 5,532 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I really enjoyed Corruption and thought the controls were top notch. It was an improvement over the second one.

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• Armoured_Bear 7 Sep 2013 07:40:27 8,746 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Pinky_Floyd wrote:
    Had the joy of tickling the inside of my wii u with Metroid Prime 3 Corruption tonight. The start of it reminded me a lot of Halo 2, except that was an utter fucking turd of a game so my comparisons stop right there.

Nice visual upgrade too after 1 and 2. I know Prime 1 was touched up a bit for Trilogy but Corruption does look a fair bit better. In fact, it looked pretty much excellent on my big plasma. 60 fps too, no slouch and the smoothness means the game has aged very well.

In fact, Im bloody impressed this ran on Wii hardware at such a pelt. Quite the achievement from Retro.

Controls are pretty cool, apparently getting the controls just right delayed the game by a year and all that work paid off. Its pretty effortless to move and shoot.

If you havent played it, you should definitely pick a copy up for the wii u. If you can, get Trilogy but its costly, upwards of 40 for a second hand copy. Corruption on its own should be cheap as chips though.
    Told you! :-)

• CharlieStCloud 7 Sep 2013 08:00:58 4,660 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    I quite liked Other M. Preferred it to Prime, certainly.
  • addyb 7 Sep 2013 12:59:53 834 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    TnT Racers. I know it hasnt got online multi player but is it worth picking up just for single player? Never played it on other formats.
  • Pinky_Floyd 7 Sep 2013 13:58:34 6,421 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @addyb Is it a bit like micro machines?

Also, Corruption. You know a game is great when you cant wait to get stuck back into it.
  • addyb 7 Sep 2013 16:26:08 834 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Pinky_Floyd wrote:
    @addyb Is it a bit like micro machines?

Also, Corruption. You know a game is great when you cant wait to get stuck back into it.
    Yeah. I bought it anyway. Great fun so far but jesus wept why take away online multi player. Still its definitely worth it for the single player.
  • Grax 7 Sep 2013 17:12:20 1,200 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    Bit the bullet no longer will my name be confused with Ashley fiddles
  • Pinky_Floyd 7 Sep 2013 18:08:42 6,421 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Fiddles is dead! Long live Grax the Fiddler!
  • Grax 7 Sep 2013 19:35:29 1,200 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    Yeah this is going to take some getting used to I think

Anyway is there any ESHOP games coming out in the next few weeks?
  • Page

of 1212 First / Last