Wii U Page 590

• Page

of 1364 First / Last

• fletch7100 19 Apr 2013 14:30:05 7,331 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/04/game_bags_european_exclusive_on_eshop_download_codes
  • DFawkes 19 Apr 2013 14:38:43 23,036 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I suppose it's handy if you should be want to trade in games to pay for a download for a game that's hard to find online. That's about it though, as I'd think most would prefer a disc/cart if they have it in stock.

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• DuvaDan88 19 Apr 2013 14:48:05 539 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I have to say seeing this now makes me want to trade in my 3DS collection and make it digital as I have no intention of selling any of them, it would be nice to just have my collection on a SD card or two and GAMES prices are cheaper for the code than they are on the e-shop.

Xbox, Steam - DuvaDan
    3DS 4639-9278-1687
    Feel free to add me

• imamazed 19 Apr 2013 14:52:43 5,701 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Cheaper yeh, but not cheap.

Layton is £32 download, but I bought the boxed version for £12...

I'll never pay more than 25 notes for a 3DS game though really. Or any game for that matter.
  • Deleted user 19 April 2013 15:02:04
    What's the point of going into a shop to buy a card that gives you a code that you can take home to download?

It's less convenient that the normal download method and the physical cart/disk method.
  • nickthegun 19 Apr 2013 15:03:37 60,133 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Its game trying to remain relevant. Although, to be fair, apparently their efforts to sell steam codes and all that caper in store have actually been reasonably successful, so what the fuck do we know?

---------------------------------------------------------
    someone say something funny

• DuvaDan88 19 Apr 2013 15:04:52 539 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I don't have a problem going to a shop/online to get a code to download. If you buy in GAME your also getting points towards something else in the future which is a bit of extra cash.

Thats how I buy my steam credit/Microsoft points/itunes vouchers and so on and so forth.

Xbox, Steam - DuvaDan
    3DS 4639-9278-1687
    Feel free to add me

• nickthegun 19 Apr 2013 15:18:57 60,133 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I dont. But you cant help wonder what the point in getting off your arse, going to a game shop, buying a download code, then trotting home to download it is.

Theres a huuuuuuuge step in the middle you could do away with if you bought it from, say shopto.

---------------------------------------------------------
    someone say something funny

• ronuds 19 Apr 2013 15:20:26 21,788 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    They make good gift certificates too.
  • DuvaDan88 19 Apr 2013 15:28:28 539 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The don't go to GAME shop and buy it online you don't have to get your arse and get it cheaper and you know maybe going outside might make a good change for you :p

Xbox, Steam - DuvaDan
    3DS 4639-9278-1687
    Feel free to add me

• neilka 19 Apr 2013 15:30:19 16,101 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    If Lukus is sitting behind you on the bus your code will be redeemed before you can get through your front door.

Lastly, I am gay, disabled, and a liberal.

• Sid-Nice 22 Apr 2013 23:48:22 15,851 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Wii U Splinter Cell UK TV ad.

NNID Sid-Nice

• Jazzy_Geoff 23 Apr 2013 01:01:29 7,767 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Big wow
  • joeymoto108 23 Apr 2013 08:28:23 647 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    It's my day off, and my Wii U is to arrive within the next hour (aka early o'clock). Excited to finally get my hands on one!

'Look at you, hacker: a pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting and sweating as you run through my corridors. How can you challenge a perfect, immortal machine?'

• JiveHound 23 Apr 2013 10:06:05 2,472 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Welcome to the party bud. We're waiting for Nintendo to do a 3ds currently.

Well, I'm waiting for Game and Wario and Pikmin 3 at least.

Live: Jive Hands
    PSN: Jive_Hands

• binky Moderator 23 Apr 2013 10:16:27 9,671 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I'm still enjoying Nintendoland, though I fear I'm the only one! Had my wife and almost 3 year old playing Zelda with me the other day, was so much fun seeing the little man be able to play along with daddy. He was beaming from ear to ear! :D
  • JiveHound 23 Apr 2013 11:07:40 2,472 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Nintendoland is great fun, far better than I expected a minigame collection to be.

In fact I wasn't bothered about Pikmin 3 at all until I played Pikmin Adventure.

• joeymoto108 23 Apr 2013 12:12:08 647 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Loving the controller, I like how it's large but comfortable to hold. My god, the Wii U menu's are atrociously slow though.

'Look at you, hacker: a pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting and sweating as you run through my corridors. How can you challenge a perfect, immortal machine?'

• binky Moderator 23 Apr 2013 12:17:00 9,671 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    The menus are definitely a bit slow, but I noticed one thing. Loading the Wii U up is ten times quicker than loading my 360.
  • mrpon 23 Apr 2013 12:20:18 28,984 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Jazzy_Geoff wrote:
    Big wow
    :D haven't heard that phrase in ages.

Give yourself £5 or ½ gig, you're worth it.

• CharlieStCloud 23 Apr 2013 13:35:14 5,217 posts
    Seen 24 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    binky wrote:
    Loading the Wii U up is ten times quicker than loading my 360.
    It should help if you clean the cache (on your Xbox 360) ... did wonders when mine was taking nearly forty or fifty seconds to show the dashboard in its entirety. Think it takes a little under fifteen-twenty seconds now, thankfully!

I also deleted all of my demos, the odd trial or two and game files for those I no longer played, or owned for that matter.
  • binky Moderator 23 Apr 2013 14:23:17 9,671 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @CharlieStCloud Worth a try, ta.
  • yegon 23 Apr 2013 18:17:40 5,300 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The game pad battery - did Nintendo source them from Poundland or something? I can live with the 3hr battery life, I rarely have marathon game sessions these days and its simple enough to whack it back in the stand. But the drain when OFF is appalling. Not used my Wii U for about a week, took the pad off the stand when it'd completed its charge. Switch it on this morning and its flashing low battery. Crazy. Yeah yeah, I can leave it on its stand permanently but that's hardly energy efficient.

Thought I may have a duffer, but a quick google shows I'm not alone. Quite surprised given how awesome all other Nintendo stuff is for holding a charge - I can switch on a DS after 9 months idle and it's still got practically a full charge. The PSP, in contrast, was infamous for always been dead when you've not used it for a bit.
  • JiveHound 23 Apr 2013 20:40:20 2,472 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I can see a new iteration of the gamepad in a year or so.

Better battery, better screen and a little sleeker. Probably to coincide with some dual gamepad game or something.

Maybe Pikmin will be out by then!

• Sid-Nice 23 Apr 2013 20:43:31 15,851 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    yegon wrote:
    The game pad battery - did Nintendo source them from Poundland or something? I can live with the 3hr battery life, I rarely have marathon game sessions these days and its simple enough to whack it back in the stand. But the drain when OFF is appalling. Not used my Wii U for about a week, took the pad off the stand when it'd completed its charge. Switch it on this morning and its flashing low battery. Crazy. Yeah yeah, I can leave it on its stand permanently but that's hardly energy efficient.

Thought I may have a duffer, but a quick google shows I'm not alone. Quite surprised given how awesome all other Nintendo stuff is for holding a charge - I can switch on a DS after 9 months idle and it's still got practically a full charge. The PSP, in contrast, was infamous for always been dead when you've not used it for a bit.
    There's a reason for the humongous battery space in the Gamepad; I expect there will be a “Super Power Battery” which last up to 10 hours released around Christmas time.

NNID Sid-Nice

• RyanDS 23 Apr 2013 20:51:39 9,430 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Sid-Nice wrote:
    yegon wrote:

There's a reason for the humongous battery space in the Gamepad; I expect there will be a “Super Power Battery” which last up to 10 hours released around Christmas time.
    Apart from the fact the battery is wired in. I don't see Nintendo doing anything that isn't plug and play.
  • Fake_Blood 23 Apr 2013 20:56:46 4,220 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    It's wired in with a plug.
  • yegon 23 Apr 2013 21:45:38 5,300 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Not arsed about 10hr battery life - but it'd be nice - it's the draining whilst completely shut off that's frankly pathetic. If I leave my iPad on, wifi on, for a week, it'd probably lose 10%. Off, it'd still have 99%. The game pad loses almost all of its charge whilst off in a week! Have Nintendo never heard of Sanyo Eneloops?

Edited by yegon at 21:46:24 23-04-2013
  • Sid-Nice 23 Apr 2013 22:04:06 15,851 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I've never heard of Sanyo Eneloops; does he play in the Premier League? :)

NNID Sid-Nice

• yegon 23 Apr 2013 22:11:57 5,300 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Sid-Nice wrote:
    I've never heard of Sanyo Eneloops; does he play in the Premier League? :)

Haha, very good. They're amazing, if you could ever describe bloody rechargeable batteries as amazing.
  • Page

of 1364 First / Last