Wii U Page 557

• Page

of 1363 First / Last

• binky Moderator 20 Mar 2013 10:10:35 9,633 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @nickthegun Hush - I already did on the last one ;)

Either way. Stop being childish, I have work to do!
  • neilka 20 Mar 2013 10:10:50 15,955 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I would like the record to show that ecosse is not my friend.

A map is like comparing velocity and speed.

• Deleted user 20 March 2013 10:11:30
    AdamAsunder wrote:
    treegreen wrote:
    @AdamAsunder

I hope so. I was thinking of purchasing it until I saw a review that said it was considerably uglier than the ps360 versions.
    Link?

It was supposed to be using PC textures so it was supposed to be sharper if anything.
    its odd there have been no reviews. you might want to check out the impressions on here http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=524157
  • Armoured_Bear 20 Mar 2013 10:11:59 11,267 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    treegreen wrote:
    @AdamAsunder

I hope so. I was thinking of purchasing it until I saw a review that said it was considerably uglier than the ps360 versions.
    It's the opposite, it looks much better apparently as it uses high res textures and has a greater draw distance.
    It is poorer in the sense that it supports less players online (6 vs 8 or something like that).

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• Sid-Nice 20 Mar 2013 10:12:31 15,852 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The blue circle loading logo only cements my love for Nintendo.

NNID Sid-Nice

• roz123 20 Mar 2013 10:13:58 7,113 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    That NFS game is out in America now so there should be a verdict on how it stands up to the other ports soon. I don't think I can justify spending more then 15 on it.

Apparently Dragon Quest X has shown up on the french Amazon
  • Sid-Nice 20 Mar 2013 10:17:32 15,852 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Need for Speed Most Wanted U Reviews.

NNID Sid-Nice

• Deleted user 20 March 2013 10:32:51
    roz123 wrote:
    That NFS game is out in America now so there should be a verdict on how it stands up to the other ports soon. I don't think I can justify spending more then 15 on it.

Apparently Dragon Quest X has shown up on the french Amazon
    That was already announced as far as I was aware. I'm sure I've seen a trailer for it.

Then again I was dreaming I was playing with Halo Lego last night so it could have been my imagination.
  • Deleted user 20 March 2013 10:36:51
    A couple of reviews have cited the lack of analogue triggers as a problem.

Saw that coming, although I would have thought it would be less of a problem on an arcade racer.
  • treegreen 20 Mar 2013 10:56:03 103 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    http://gamingtrend.com/game_reviews/a-second-place-finish-need-for-speed-most-wanted-u-review/#/vanilla/discussion/embed/?vanilla_discussion_id=0

That's the review that states it is graphically inferior to the other home consoles.

Incredibly disappointing if true.
  • Deleted user 20 March 2013 11:02:08
    I'll give it a look but all the other reviews have been pretty consistent in stating the opposite.

Edit: Well I've read it and he's had some people in the comments strongly opposing his view on the quality of the visuals. The fact that it is the only review that states this so far is telling. More reviews to come.

The console lock ups seem to be something that a few people are experiencing though.

I'm kind of torn on whether I want the game or not, I really just want to play it to garner the WiiU's performance.

Edited by AdamAsunder at 11:11:20 20-03-2013
  • Sid-Nice 20 Mar 2013 11:16:29 15,852 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    treegreen wrote:
    http://gamingtrend.com/game_reviews/a-second-place-finish-need-for-speed-most-wanted-u-review/#/vanilla/discussion/embed/?vanilla_discussion_id=0

That's the review that states it is graphically inferior to the other home consoles.

Incredibly disappointing if true.
    An 8.5/85% is a pretty high score for a game that the reviewer claims is graphically inferior to the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions. I've watched video "Reviews" and "Hands on demos" and graphically the Wii U version is (Anti-dandruff shampoo) ahead of the other builds in the graphics department.

My only gripe is having to fork out around 40 for a game that is currently retailing for 19.99 on the PS3 and Xbox 360.

Furthermore the reviewer was very impressed by the off TV gameplay and hoped that the Wii U would receive more ports enabling this feature.

NNID Sid-Nice

• Armoured_Bear 20 Mar 2013 11:17:12 11,267 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Nintendo being fucking hopeless in getting stuff on shelves again

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• Sid-Nice 20 Mar 2013 11:22:33 15,852 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Nintendo being fucking hopeless in getting stuff on shelves again
    Just spend $80 on an external HD and then pay a premium price to download the game from the eShop for more blue circle love. :)

NNID Sid-Nice

• Kangoo 20 Mar 2013 11:28:59 1,016 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    joelstinton wrote:
    See that F1 Race stars is also being ported over now.
    Really nothing to get excited about, got for free on PS3 and thought it was terrible, would have been fuming if I had paid for it.
    Sonic All Star Racing absolutely destroys it.

PSN: Adwab2

• CharlieStCloud 20 Mar 2013 11:44:15 5,202 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I know more games is great however, how long is this trend of 'port, port, port' going to go on for?

It's a little bit disheartening to be honest.

��
  • kalel 20 Mar 2013 11:46:37 87,689 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I really don't see how ports of games already out help anything at all. The WiiU needs ports of upcoming games yes, but not existing ones.
  • Cappy 20 Mar 2013 11:54:27 11,940 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Current generation production has been winding down for a while, the PS3 and 360 are going to start missing out on upcoming games also.

Bolting a Wii U version onto projects that were probably started long before Wii U dev kits were even available is an additional resource expenditure that developers can't accommodate. Hence ports decided on after the project is complete, so they get their own team and resources.
  • binky Moderator 20 Mar 2013 11:57:44 9,633 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    I really don't see how ports of games already out help anything at all. The WiiU needs ports of upcoming games yes, but not existing ones.
    I agree, especially in the first year of life where early adopters are generally folk that like to own consoles first and have most likely played the games on other systems.
  • midi82 20 Mar 2013 12:00:00 673 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I would guess it is a fairly cheap way to get a game out of the door on a new system with not much competition. It will give the developers chance to learn how to program for it without having to worry about the other parts of development as they have already been done.
  • nickthegun 20 Mar 2013 12:01:05 59,937 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah, its a weird position to be in. Development for current gen games is winding down but the Wii U needs to have parity with the PS3 and 360, which it isnt going to get as no one is going to throw resources at a third format.

---------------------------------------------------------
    someone say something funny

• nickthegun 20 Mar 2013 12:03:12 59,937 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    midi82 wrote:
    I would guess it is a fairly cheap way to get a game out of the door on a new system with not much competition. It will give the developers chance to learn how to program for it without having to worry about the other parts of development as they have already been done.
    I dont think its as cheap as you think and is clearly something that studios dont consider to be worth their time and money.

• midi82 20 Mar 2013 12:08:24 673 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    there seem to be a lot of ports around, so I would think they must have weighed it up and decided they can make some money out of it.
  • nickthegun 20 Mar 2013 12:12:36 59,937 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The ones around and being launched now will have been in the pipeline well before the wii u became a sales disaster.

And im talking parity. 99% of games come out on two main formats, not three.

• DFawkes 20 Mar 2013 12:23:07 22,978 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    It helps me, I'm getting ports of a good few games I missed out on :)

I'll definitely have NFS & Deus Ex, as well as a few older ones like Darksiders 2 and Mass Effect 3. That's 4 whole games that they'll sell! That'll help lots, I'm sure the combined licencing money will buy someone at Nintendo a couple of those toy capsule things.

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• kalel 20 Mar 2013 12:24:06 87,689 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I guess it's certainly beneficial to anyone who only had a Wii last gen.
  • nickthegun 20 Mar 2013 12:33:32 59,937 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    My problem with that would be that you can buy all of the games you mention for the price of one of the Wii U ports. I just wouldnt be able to get past that.

• treegreen 20 Mar 2013 12:36:06 103 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    As someone who missed out on gaming altogether last gen, it's great for me. However, these ports are/will flop badly and just dissuade third party publishers from releasing any further games on the system. Shame :(
  • kalel 20 Mar 2013 12:36:29 87,689 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The WiiU ports will get down to those same prices pretty soon though.

It's something basically.
  • Deckard1 20 Mar 2013 12:39:07 27,993 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    The thing just isn't selling, so 3rd party developers aren't going to invest any money in new games, which in turn makes it not sell, which in turn makes 3rd party....

Doomed.
  • Page

of 1363 First / Last