Wii U Page 529

• Page

of 1212 First / Last

• Armoured_Bear 4 Mar 2013 21:20:35 8,748 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    DFawkes wrote:
    Sorry to bring this question up again as I remember seeing it about a MILLION (well, 5 or so but I don't count very well) times on launch day but I'm too lazy to flick back and google brings up yes and no as answers depending on the source.

Does Nintendoland require Wiimotion Plus for games other than Metroid Blast? I'm fairly sure that one will, but most of the rest shouldn't, right?
    Zelda too for multiplayer

Edited by Armoured_Bear at 21:20:53 04-03-2013

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• DFawkes 4 Mar 2013 21:38:40 22,063 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ah, so just those 2. Righto, thank you :)

Not that I'm too fussy, just making sure as that ghost chasing game looks fun, as does the Animal Crossing one, but all I have are normal Wiimotes. As long as I can play those ones, I'll be okay.

I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

• Deckard1 4 Mar 2013 21:43:37 25,414 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Is heinzy no more? I'm gonna miss him.

Called it

• macmurphy 4 Mar 2013 21:45:58 879 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    He was in the Skyward Sword thread earlier. Lighting the place up.
  • Deckard1 4 Mar 2013 21:47:10 25,414 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    That guy sure did have a hard on for Nintendo.

Called it

• LeoliansBro 4 Mar 2013 21:49:05 41,868 posts
    Seen 25 seconds ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It was the 57 varieties of controller.

/shameless joke recycle

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• mrpon 4 Mar 2013 21:50:36 27,646 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Is he toast then?

Give yourself £5 or ½ gig, you're worth it.

• Deckard1 4 Mar 2013 21:51:41 25,414 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    He's a has bean.

Called it

• Gambit1977 4 Mar 2013 22:02:10 9,567 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    He's bean and gone
  • kickerconspiracy 4 Mar 2013 22:03:09 495 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    In Heinz-sight I feel a tad guilty.
  • Gambit1977 4 Mar 2013 22:05:44 9,567 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Why? He was half baked
  • ResidentKnievel 4 Mar 2013 22:24:18 5,877 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    He didn't have a leg to stand on

[code]Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Unlike yourself, I don't have a weird obsession with any platform.[/code]

• Bremenacht 4 Mar 2013 22:39:34 15,756 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    He's done a runner?

I was wondering why this thread had gone relatively quiet.

Once an eagle taught me courage. And I will never forget that day

• DFawkes 4 Mar 2013 22:57:00 22,063 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I can try to keep this going, as I like Nintendo. Here goes:

I sometimes enjoy Zelda games. As far as the 3D ones go, I have to admit I've only played the N64 ones and Wind Waker, so I've no idea how Twilight Princess or Skyward Sword are. However, I'll still watch with cautious enthusiasm for whatever new Wii U Zelda comes out, as it shouldn't be as stale to me.

Heck, I barely touched Wind Waker so I'm looking forward to that to. The only reason I didn't play it much is because I bought it with Metroid Prime and ended up playing that a lot more.

Also, pretend I ended this post with something needlessly defensive :p

I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

• neilka 4 Mar 2013 23:44:29 14,942 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    beans
  • neilka 4 Mar 2013 23:47:28 14,942 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
  • Sid-Nice 5 Mar 2013 00:03:38 15,810 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Bullies 1 Bean Head 0: You must be so proud of yourselves. It’s difficult enough trying to play ketchup with the relevant posts without all these “Heinz Bean puns.” So Higgins has done a runner yet you all continue to soil this thread with childish bullshit. One question I’d like to ask the compulsive trolls is “Why do you fear Nintendo so much?”

NNID Sid-Nice

• jellyhead 5 Mar 2013 00:10:10 24,350 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    They don't fear nintendo at all. They're just bored and people in here keep feeding them so they come back.

Another hour or so on Sonic Transformed this evening, it has to be one of the great kart racers. Haven't competed in an online race yet though, too busy going through the challenges.

This signature intentionally left blank.

• mrpon 5 Mar 2013 00:12:05 27,646 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    C'mon man, he's got broad shoulders. He'll be back.

• kickerconspiracy 5 Mar 2013 00:15:00 495 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'm not so sure. I think he'll need buttering up.
  • mrpon 5 Mar 2013 00:19:55 27,646 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    :D

/don't wake the missus up snort

• spamdangled 5 Mar 2013 00:26:52 27,197 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    AdamAsunder wrote:
    kalel wrote:
    beastmaster wrote:
    General public still don't really know there's a new console out there.
    Has this been adopted as the official line for the failing of the WiiU then? Seeing it trotted out an awful lot.

Is there any evidence backing the claim up?
    My brother came round at the weekend and had no idea what a Wii U was or does. Unlike my mates he has more than a passing interest in games so Nintendo really need to sort that. He left very impressed as did my mates so it's Nintendo's reach that's failing.

When the Wii was imminent Nintendo had reps at Game stores showing how it works, did this not happen this time round?

I love my WiiU but Nintendo have really dropped the ball with their communication.
    I've not heard a single person say they think the WiiU is just a peripheral. What I hear mainly is that people can't afford to buy a new console because they're hard up, and won't be buying a PS4 or New Xbox either.

I think what people are trying to ascribe as a "Wii U" problem will actually turn out to be a "console gaming" problem this time next year.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• Sid-Nice 5 Mar 2013 00:57:34 15,810 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Good point darkmorgado; it took quite a few price drops and the odd new SKU before the Xbox 360 and PS3 attained their huge user base. There is also the competition from smart phones, tablets and Android devices to consider; I’d be surprised if the next generation of consoles manage muster up half of the current gen user base, unless there’s a massive change in the economy.

NNID Sid-Nice

• Deleted user 5 March 2013 02:45:29
    I know loads of people who think the Wii U needs a Wii.

WHO HAS THE CORRECT ANECDOTAL EVIDENCE
  • JinTypeNoir 5 Mar 2013 05:38:23 4,365 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The whole problem with next generation consoles is that by getting so advanced in so many areas, they are beginning to lose their market appeal and what made them unique. I know everyone is like "Why are you against progress?" every time I bring this up, but by advancing so much that they are one step removed from PCs is not good. As a great deal of people learned during this generation when PC/PS3/360 releases were in great abundance, nowadays the PC version can often be the easier and most convenient to buy and the easiest to play and they are most definitely the superior versions. This also goes for many downloadable games and iOS/tablets/Android, which have become the portable versions of PCs more than laptops ever could. That's in direct contradiction to what consoles used to be: less powerful, but more specialized machines that were dedicated to running that were mostly geared toward the console in question. This gave each console a unique identity and allowed it to sell because even if you have an iOS machine or PC, the experiences offered on that console were unique.

That they continue to do well is mostly by virtue of inertia. Many of the console properties are still unique to consoles and the ideas cultivated in the many years up to now take a certain level of expertise in console design that cannot be easily replicated on PCs or portable OSes. But if it continues to disappear like it did this generation, then so will a console's main advantage. Unless Sony and Microsoft can really turn that around, eventually things will evolve to the point that they evolve themselves out of the market. The Wii U belongs here too in that it was a baaaaaaad idea I think to say, "Look, we're just like everyone else too!" and use that as a partial selling point. If the Wii had had good third party support until the end, it never would have stopped selling well. You can use all the stupid self-reassuring non-logic about waggle and shovelware all you like, but it always comes down to the fact that the content drives the platform. If the Wii U can eventually start getting consistent 3rd party support (and though it is unlikely, miracles have happened before in the industry), then that's no promise it will do better. For about 2 or 3 years, the Gamecube didn't really miss out on too many hot multiplatform games and that didn't do it any favors. What it needs is to bring back a good selection of low-budget, mid-budget and high budget retail games with a variety of art styles and genres flourishing. Chasing after the high budget multi-platform games that can be done better on the PC is a losing proposition, (though having them can't hurt, sure).

Quick question, if the Wii U had, in its launch, and say in the runup to E3 had released with Monolith Soft's X, Rayman Legends, Lego City, Wonderful 101, Bayonetta 2, Scribblenauts Unlimited, Nintendoland, ZombiU and had, say, a nice new futuristic 3D racer, a 3D platformer and a 3rd person action game, as well as really small retail releases, like a worldwide release of Romance of the Three Kingdoms, another horror game and maybe some sort of Sim City adaptation that was exclusive, a Harvest Moon, a small Gust RPG and say a cool third party golf game and something like Catherine that could be released as a retail puzzler, do you think they would be having so much trouble, even if they didn't Mass Effect, Ninja Gaiden, Call of Duty and so on? I think they'd do very consistently well, because you can say that none of those games are necessarily killer apps, but the image of the console would be great and it wouldn't be very far from the type of wide and varied content that got people to support consoles like the SNES and PS2 in droves. Bringing back a healthier console environment and stopping Square Enix, UBISoft, Activision, EA and Take Two from promoting this AAA or die market, should be Nintendo's number one priority.

On the PS3 and Xbox 360 you have to go on PSN or Xbox Live to get anywhere near the variety of experiences you could get in past generations, and that throws them into competing with iOS, which is even more varied, cheaper and more convenient.

(Off topic, but in Japan, Sony should take a hint from the fact that their biggest hit of the year was Samurai & Dragons, a free to play game that flourished on the PS3 and Vita far more than i0S because its so much easier to play on a dedicated console. The game out grossed every other PSN and retail release. Coincidentally, the game is most of the reason Sega did well in earnings this year. I can't remember Kingdom Conquest being this big until Samurai & Dragons released. It was the only reason Vita sold at all without any game releases for a long time. Its entirely due to the fact that it was designed by a good team at Sega, who are no stranger to using the strengths of console interfaces to their game design. That one game is credited with raising a good deal of people's opinions on free game design over here because it works so well as your usual console game without having to buy anything. And its a RPG/strategy/card hybrid that doesn't have the most compelling graphics compared to other Vita or PS3 games -- essentially something that would have done for its budget a generation ago, but is not "allowed" to be anything but downloadable and free this generation.)
  • spamdangled 5 Mar 2013 06:22:28 27,197 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Is MS, and now Sony, barking up the wrong tree by chasing the social networking crowd? When people can share what they want on twitter, facebook, etc on their mobile phones and a hundred other devices, does a console that offers the same thing just seem like a bit of lazy catch-up a few years after all that took off?

Or am I really missing some sort of hidden appeal here?

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• Frogofdoom 5 Mar 2013 07:20:38 801 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I personally turn all that shit off the second i can. Posting that i just clocked the worlds lowest score on championship tiddlywinks 2013 isnt the sort of social suicide i would like to commit (i do a plenty good enough job of that myself.)
  • djronz. 5 Mar 2013 07:23:44 185 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    darkmorgado wrote:
    Is MS, and now Sony, barking up the wrong tree by chasing the social networking crowd? When people can share what they want on twitter, facebook, etc on their mobile phones and a hundred other devices, does a console that offers the same thing just seem like a bit of lazy catch-up a few years after all that took off?

Or am I really missing some sort of hidden appeal here?
    Time will tell I guess but i think it's a clever ploy to integrate such a thing into ps4. Everything these days is about Twitter and Facebook etc,  consoles need to offer more than just better graphics than the last gen and this is one way of doing it.  Unfortunately it will have little relevance to me!
  • spamdangled 5 Mar 2013 07:26:23 27,197 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    But Facebook is in a bit of a crisis atm isn't it? Crashing stock, investors running scared, etc etc.

• LeoliansBro 5 Mar 2013 07:28:46 41,868 posts
    Seen 25 seconds ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    'Crisis' is overplaying it. The Lib Dems are in a crisis. Facebook just set their IPO too high.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• Page

of 1212 First / Last