Registered 8 years ago
    javvyman wrote:
    @LeoliansBro

Fuck me
    I think you're in there, LB.
  • LeoliansBro 15 Feb 2013 16:40:12 43,227 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Sorry what was that? I couldn't hear you over the sound of all the WiiU games they're announcing.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• javvyman 15 Feb 2013 16:43:53 707 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago

I'm getting my Power Glove...
  • scoobysi 15 Feb 2013 18:30:41 882 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    javvyman wrote:
    @scoobysi

Yes, played it, loved it. Have you?...
    @javvyman yep and ditto.
  • Anthony_UK 15 Feb 2013 18:41:30 2,459 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Just had a laugh playing Mario with my girlfriend who doesn't play videogames in Game this afternoon.

At the time she said we should get one but that it seemed expensive 'we've sold our Wii and if we need a Wii and WiiU to go with it, it'll cost us a fortune'

How long has this been out? People still haven't got a clue what it is! All they needed was to call the thing the 'Wii 2'
  • javvyman 15 Feb 2013 18:50:33 707 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Heh, yeh, i've had a few people come out with shit like that.
    Upon watching the first Wii U ad during Christmas, the wife turns to me and says "That ad was shit!" no pretense, not trying to get a rise out of me or anything, just shit.
    There's truth in her brutal honesty, and it probably got the same "what the fuck was that?" reaction from most people.

I think she only knows what it is because I told her I was getting one and felt the need to explain it to justify the purchase...
  • Progguitarist 15 Feb 2013 20:28:22 10,400 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The Amazing Spiderman will be releasing in March.

Link
  • BartonFink 15 Feb 2013 20:42:14 34,853 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Psychotext wrote:
    Deckard1 wrote:
    They should just go software only already. It'll save people having to splash out on a shit console for the 1 or 2 good games they release every year.
    I wish they would. There are some Nintendo games I'd love to play but there's no way in hell I'm buying another Nintendo console... at least not before there's enough titles to make it worthwhile for me (I've made that mistake twice now).
    Could not have said it better. Would love to see them going software only and not have to suffer the same disappointment that has been their last two offerings.
  • RyanDS 15 Feb 2013 20:46:55 9,057 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    BartonFink wrote:
    Psychotext wrote:
    Deckard1 wrote:
    They should just go software only already. It'll save people having to splash out on a shit console for the 1 or 2 good games they release every year.
    I wish they would. There are some Nintendo games I'd love to play but there's no way in hell I'm buying another Nintendo console... at least not before there's enough titles to make it worthwhile for me (I've made that mistake twice now).
    Could not have said it better. Would love to see them going software only and not have to suffer the same disappointment that has been their last two offerings.
    I am currently playing Xenoblade and Mario Galaxy. The two best games on the Wii. And all I can think every time I start playing is how much better they would be on a decent contoller. Imagine Mario Galaxy without the waggle! It would make it an awesome game as opposed to a great game hiding behind WAGGLE TO SPIN!!!!!

Edited by RyanDS at 20:51:16 15-02-2013
  • Deleted user 15 February 2013 20:48:43
    Haha, Wii Street U defaults so close to the hotel me and the wife stayed at on our honeymoon!

Fun little app, hope to see more.
  • richardiox 15 Feb 2013 22:26:52 5,541 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    RyanDS wrote:
    BartonFink wrote:
    Psychotext wrote:
    Deckard1 wrote:
    I am currently playing Xenoblade and Mario Galaxy. The two best games on the Wii. And all I can think every time I start playing is how much better they would be on a decent contoller. Imagine Mario Galaxy without the waggle! It would make it an awesome game as opposed to a great game hiding behind WAGGLE TO SPIN!!!!!
    Semi decent PC + Dolphin Emulator + 360 pad with "waggle spin" mapped to RB and the pointer mapped to right analogue + HD resolution = problem solved. Funny how the best way to play Nintendos best games is actually through emulation.
  • zombiemeetspade 15 Feb 2013 23:12:29 2 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Well, I bit the bullet and got a WiiU. Couple of reasons actually. My PS3 got the YLOD a while ago, and I thought fuck it, rather than spending 200 on a 6 year old console I may as well put it towards something new. The tablet controller is actually pretty handy for me, since we only have one tv in the house so I can play batman arkham city on the tablet while I can't use the tv.

I think Nintendo have the cash reserves to make the WiiU a success despite what people are saying now. They must be loaded after the success of the Wii so I have faith it's not going to get dreamcasted.

I also don't expect the orbis and durango to have any decent exclusives for a few years yet. Then again the 360 got Dead Rising in its first year so I might be wrong on that.
  • Armoured_Bear 15 Feb 2013 23:37:21 10,259 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I had an awesome few hours gaming with my nephews tonight playing Nintendoland.
    3 Player Metroid and Zelda is brilliant :D

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• Lexx87 16 Feb 2013 00:39:20 20,869 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ah so that's what you call it, playing 'metroid' huh.

Speak the truth hussy!

• neilka 16 Feb 2013 00:47:06 15,641 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You don't want to know how he latches onto their heads.
  • Sid-Nice 16 Feb 2013 01:09:28 15,852 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I thought things couldnt get any worse for the Wii U; but Ive just heard from a reliable source that Beyond Good and Evil 2 was in production for the Wii U but now has been canned, the same source claimed the highly overrated Watch Dogs and Rainbow Six: Patriots will arrive this year.

More bad news for the ill-fated Wii U; Sega confirmed that Aliens Colonial Marine is still coming to the Wii U, the game developed by Demiurge Games who were responsible for the Aliens Colonial Marines demo claim The Wii U source code was used in the gameplay demo and all the lighting and graphical effects are intact.

Demiurge Games are putting the finishing touches to the Wii U game and Aliens Colonial Marines should be released 03/05/13 US and 08/03/13 Europe.

BTW: Does anyone else feel that Microsoft should go Windows only and Sony should give up making consoles, TVs, tablets, phones etc. and concentrate on making a new Walk-man to challenge Apple?

If not fuck off with the I think Nintendo should go software only bullshit; it didnt work for Sega as Sega is no more and in name only.

NNID Sid-Nice

• Jazzy_Geoff 16 Feb 2013 01:20:01 7,767 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    People say that because they love Nintendo games but hate having to play them on gimped out of date hardware.
  • Sid-Nice 16 Feb 2013 01:26:35 15,852 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Im looking forward to Durango and Orbis; its such a shame that the Wii U trolls wont be able to operate the next gen consoles, as they wont be backward compatible.

NNID Sid-Nice

• javvyman 16 Feb 2013 01:38:43 707 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    BTW what did you mean about CM marines... Are you saying the demo from last year, the one that was fake/promised/cooked was running on the Wii U source code? That can't be right...

Edited by javvyman at 01:39:05 16-02-2013
  • Sid-Nice 16 Feb 2013 01:44:23 15,852 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    javvyman wrote:
    BTW what did you mean about CM marines... Are you saying the demo from last year, the one that was fake/promised/cooked was running on the Wii U source code? That can't be right...
    Oh it can, Randy Pitchford said "The Wii U will be the best version." ;)

NNID Sid-Nice

• javvyman 16 Feb 2013 01:48:41 707 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    :eek:I call bullshit. I very much doubt they made every version shit, including the PC version yet decided to make an actual game out of the Wii U code.
    If this was the case, they'd be showing it off, instead theyre on the huh hush. Probably on par with the PC version at best.

Edit: time for bed as I just realised you were taking the piss.... :eek:

Edited by javvyman at 01:50:11 16-02-2013
  • Sid-Nice 16 Feb 2013 01:55:51 15,852 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Ive actually just finished chatting with Randy who is a frequent visitor to the Eurogamer forum and he was appalled at all of the anti-Nintendo/Wii U hate comments; which prompted him to decide Ill show these fuckers what the Wii U can do.

NNID Sid-Nice

• Psychotext 16 Feb 2013 08:07:52 53,802 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Did he proceed to use it as a doorstop or large paperweight?
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 16 Feb 2013 08:32:13 37,316 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Sid-Nice wrote:
    More bad news for the ill-fated Wii U; Sega confirmed that Aliens Colonial Marine is still coming to the Wii U
    Oh well played sir.

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• Armoured_Bear 16 Feb 2013 08:37:51 10,259 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Sid-Nice wrote:
    Ive actually just finished chatting with Randy who is a frequent visitor to the Eurogamer forum and he was appalled at all of the anti-Nintendo/Wii U hate comments; which prompted him to decide Ill show these fuckers what the Wii U can do.
    :-)

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• CharlieStCloud 16 Feb 2013 08:40:02 5,046 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I am still chuckling to myself about the 'Wii U has four classics' comment yesterday ...

... : )
  • Deleted user 16 February 2013 08:44:46
    Sid-Nice wrote:
    ....the highly overrated Watch Dogs and Rainbow Six: Patriots will arrive this year.

Highly overrated despite both being unknown quantities?
  • jellyhead 16 Feb 2013 10:25:00 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Dammit. I've just logged into my Nintendo Club account but my Wii-U isn't listed :(
    ZombiU and nintendoland are though. Very strange. How do you register your Wii-U?

All my NNIDs are confirmed and verified etc. so the machine has registered something somewhere. Any ideas?

Edit: The instructions on the club-nintendo site didn't work. I have the eShop and have made purchases. Very strange.

Edited by jellyhead at 10:32:57 16-02-2013

This signature intentionally left blank.

• javvyman 16 Feb 2013 10:50:07 707 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @CharlieStCloud

Yeh, you maybe right there, they're not considered classics...wonder why, oh wait, I know, because they've only been out 3 freaking months!

It was of course my opinion. I'm still chuckling at your comment from yesterday which hailed the wii as only having 2 classics... Wii sports and Mario Galaxy.. Nothing else.
    Which say to me says you've played jackshit on the wii and jackshit of the wii u and your talking straight out your ass.

Become a bit of a trend on here actually, trashing the games when you haven't actually played them.
  • Syrette 16 Feb 2013 10:56:02 43,061 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    tell em why u mad son

• Page

of 1345 First / Last