Wii U Page 464

• Page

of 1353 First / Last

• Gambit1977 7 Feb 2013 19:58:57 9,583 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @ronuds I might be wrong mate, but I'm sure they'd said they had tweaked the gameplay too. I assume meaning not so much meandering at sea.
  • Armoured_Bear 7 Feb 2013 20:01:59 10,502 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Dirtbox wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Dirtbox wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    richardiox wrote:
    jellyhead wrote:
    ... isn't Wind Waker HD due around September time?
    End of the year on WiiU. Been available for ages on the PC.
    It's a remake so stop taking shit.
    Windwaker HD on the PC
    Yes, looks great.
    Windwaker HD WiiU is a remake.
    You keep saying that like it's a thing of magic, but it'll be the same shitty game with the same shitty lack of anything interesting to do.
    My only point is that it is not the same game but up-resed, the visuals are being properly re-done and there will be gameplay changes, how good it'll be? No idea.
    It's a very simple point, it's a remake not the same as the dolphin version, there has been no mention of magic nor even any inference of it.

Out of interest, do you actually like any games?
    99% of your miserable posts are saying "x is shite, y is shite" .
    For plenty of people WW is their favourite Zelda and they're looking forward to the WiiU version, You think it's shite, and you'll tell people over and over but no-one gives a fuck.

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• jellyhead 7 Feb 2013 20:02:34 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    ReggieFilsNOA - Twitter

Amazing.

It's a parody account like the kaz one and awesome too.

This signature intentionally left blank.

• Armoured_Bear 7 Feb 2013 20:03:09 10,502 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    MoGamer2006 wrote:
    We've seen - what? - three, four static screens from WW HD? And as I understand it, no real info other than that it's being remade in HD with improved art and some tweaks?

Quite how you gaming internet experts can use that very thin amount of data to deduce that the game will be an an embarrassing flop of momunemtal proportions is quite breathtaking - well done, one and all!
    Exactly, it's ridiculous.

• Armoured_Bear 7 Feb 2013 20:04:21 10,502 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    captainrentboy wrote:
    Reading over the last few pages, it's strange how quickly the opinion has changed on how good Rayman will end up being. When it was an exclusive Wii U release it was going to be absolutely fantastic, the next big 'must have' title...
    Now, not so much huh?
    Personally I'm overjoyed, loved the last one and this one should be better again. Yeay!
    Where are the posts saying that?

• jellyhead 7 Feb 2013 20:09:33 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Me for one. I said i'd probably wait for a bargain bin or buy it second hand if it comes up. I'd have bought it this month but i'll probably be distracted by other games by september so it may not seem that compelling.

Dunno, may change my mind by then. Who can tell? It is a mystery.

This signature intentionally left blank.

• CharlieStCloud 7 Feb 2013 20:12:22 5,202 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Maybe I am a little bit dim, but I really didn't see this coming; I played the Rayman Legends demo and it was superb.

... another bites the dust, hey?

As for The Wind Waker HD, whilst I know the visuals are being done (again!) from ground up, whereabouts are folks reading about it having extra gameplay/stuff?

I know the screenshots are only static thus far however, if the 'day-glo' looks continues throughout the game, it is going to look worse than the original, yet alone the dolphin emulator.

Looks like Mr. Dirtbox is having a field day here!
  • Gambit1977 7 Feb 2013 20:14:49 9,583 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The gameplay comments were on the video reveal, from some dev dude.
  • gooner77 7 Feb 2013 20:29:50 743 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    any word on what Retro studios is working on. a new metroid prime is the only game I'd buy a WiiU for
  • Armoured_Bear 7 Feb 2013 20:31:05 10,502 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    gooner77 wrote:
    any word on what Retro studios is working on. a new metroid prime is the only game I'd buy a WiiU for
    Nope, it'll almost certainly be announced at E3.

• Gambit1977 7 Feb 2013 20:31:36 9,583 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @gooner77 didn't someone on here say it was a platform game?
    Hope not, I needs the metroids!
  • King_Edward 7 Feb 2013 20:34:40 11,454 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Could be classic Metroid.
  • Armoured_Bear 7 Feb 2013 20:38:54 10,502 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Gambit1977 wrote:
    @gooner77 didn't someone on here say it was a platform game?
    Hope not, I needs the metroids!
    Na, no-one knows.
    They hired quite a few people recently, e.g.from Naughty Dog and Virgil, the ex Naughty Dog artist supposedly said the game was less realistic in style than Uncharted, whatever that means...

• Armoured_Bear 7 Feb 2013 20:39:27 10,502 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    There's no game I want more than a proper Metroid Prime sequel, I'll pretend that Other M shite never existed.

• Dirtbox 7 Feb 2013 20:39:54 77,634 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago

+1 / Like / Tweet this post

• Deleted user 7 February 2013 20:58:24
    How anyone can get excited about a remake of a game that can only came out 10 years on virtually identical hardware is beyond me.
  • Syrette 7 Feb 2013 21:00:43 43,232 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I can understand Zelda fans getting a bit excited but I can't comprehend it being a system-seller for anyone who played it on Gamecube.

• Armoured_Bear 7 Feb 2013 21:00:47 10,502 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Dirtbox wrote:
    eh?

• Deleted user 7 February 2013 21:04:23
    Syrette wrote:
    I can understand Zelda fans getting a bit excited but I can't comprehend it being a system-seller for anyone who played it on Gamecube.
    Or anyone that realises they can pick it up for 5 and play it on their current console and it'll look identical to a remake.
  • Deleted user 7 February 2013 21:05:43
    Syrette wrote:
    I think they looked at the 3DS and realised the number one selling game for it is a tarted-up port, so figured that's the way to go. Minimal resources required, throw a couple of shaders at it, maybe throw in a generic dungeon somewhere to make it seem like it's brand new and worth the effort, done. Free tick on the "look at how many games the WiiU has!" list.
  • King_Edward 7 Feb 2013 21:19:25 11,454 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    It's a nice bit of fan service, it doesn't matter if it's a bit cynical. As long as they don't mess it up like Twin Snakes I don't see why someone shouldn't look forward to it.
  • ecureuil 7 Feb 2013 21:34:49 76,648 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    meme wrote:
    Syrette wrote:
    I think they looked at the 3DS and realised the number one selling game for it is a tarted-up port, so figured that's the way to go. Minimal resources required, throw a couple of shaders at it, maybe throw in a generic dungeon somewhere to make it seem like it's brand new and worth the effort, done. Free tick on the "look at how many games the WiiU has!" list.
    Nintendo games are the only thing that sells Nintendo consoles. That's why they're doing this quick n' dirty port. Wii U is struggling and they know that any of their two big franchises should do the trick. They've already milked Mario 64 for the DS and Ocarina of Time for the 3DS, and the regular Wii games are already backwards compatible and too fresh in the memory for them to re-release already. Mario Sunshine wasn't amazingly well received, so Wind Waker is about the only place they could go to.
  • Syrette 7 Feb 2013 21:35:53 43,232 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    And I thought I was cynical...

• Raiko101 7 Feb 2013 21:42:43 6,173 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I remember these same discussions with the 3DS. Some people still argue that things haven't changed. Yet I own nearly twice as many games for that than I do my 360. Whether or not you think the Wii U is a success or failure, at the minute, will come down to your gaming tastes. At the minute i've still got games to play and at least a few more on the horizon. That's ignoring the eShop, which has been the highlight of the 3DS.

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• Syrette 7 Feb 2013 21:46:06 43,232 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Raiko101 wrote:
    I remember these same discussions with the 3DS. Some people still argue that things haven't changed. Yet I own nearly twice as many games for that than I do my 360. Whether or not you think the Wii U is a success or failure, at the minute, will come down to your gaming tastes. At the minute i've still got games to play and at least a few more on the horizon. That's ignoring the eShop, which has been the highlight of the 3DS.
    So what you're saying, in a long-winded way, is that everything is subjective?

• ecureuil 7 Feb 2013 21:49:10 76,648 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Success of a console isn't defined by how much you like it. I could have more n-gage games than I have Xbox 360 games, but it wouldn't make the n-gage a success.
  • Jazzy_Geoff 7 Feb 2013 22:29:00 7,767 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I remember when they released Mario All-Stars on the wii as the Mario anniversary tribute and they just slapped the SNES ROM onto a disc and charged 40. And people think WW will have extra content? Bwah ha ha ha!
  • CharlieStCloud 7 Feb 2013 22:32:01 5,202 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Jazzy_Geoff wrote:
    I remember when they released Mario All-Stars on the wii as the Mario anniversary tribute and they just slapped the SNES ROM onto a disc and charged 40.
    I actually bought that ...

... not one of Nintendo's finest moments, that's for sure.

: (

If The Wind Waker HD is more than just a visual overhaul, for better or worse, I'd be extremely surprised.
  • Jazzy_Geoff 7 Feb 2013 22:59:11 7,767 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    WInd Waker isn't even that great. It seems to have gradually grown into being talked about as this classic Zelda game which people say is the best in series, when at the time, and for years afterwards it was considered an abomination. Don't get me wrong, it has it's moments. The dungeons were great, but all that sea faring bullshit pfft...deeply flawed.

Not a true Zelda game anyway, just a stop gap between OOT & TP.
  • Deleted user 7 February 2013 23:28:18
    all i remember at the time of its release were typical internet reaction to windwaker. ITS SHIT BECAUSE IT HAZ CARTOON GRAPHICS! used to come up alot.
  • Page

of 1353 First / Last