Wii U Page 459

• Page

of 1355 First / Last

• Deleted user 3 February 2013 20:45:03
    CharlieStCloud wrote:
    bitch_tits_zero_nine wrote:
    I've been toying with the idea of Wii U but fucking hell, 48 bones for the zombie one. Christ
    Join the queue and patiently wait like me!

I bet come Easter time, there will be some good deals/bundles going around ... or hopefully a Pikmin 3 pack!

I promised myself not to buy a Wii U until the next PlayStation and Xbox have been shown.

Oh, and the GameCube was an excellent console; loved the little-ickle thing.
    Aye i'm waiting till the 20th, and see what Sony are going to offer.

My plan was going to wait till rayman launch, which is nearly upon us but i'm trying to save money to do a bit of travelling (who the fuck am i kidding, i am appalling at saving, i got less money than i did in november :) ). So i see come them, either that or get a vita.
  • Deleted user 3 February 2013 20:49:03
    I've been toying with the idea of Wii U but fucking hell, 48 bones for the zombie one. Christ
    on amazon, you can get zombie u for 25 quid if you buy a console with it.
  • CharlieStCloud 3 Feb 2013 21:20:15 5,202 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    joelstinton wrote:
    ... but i'm trying to save money to do a bit of travelling (who the fuck am i kidding, i am appalling at saving, i got less money than i did in november :) )
    Oohhh, where to?

I was travelling a shy over two years ago; Australia, New Zealand, Fiji, Bali, Goa then Southern Europe before coming home ...

... if I came home with 40,000 a year, half of that would go towards a year (or two) of travelling, but unfortunately I barely make half that sum.

: (

Edited by CharlieStCloud at 21:22:00 03-02-2013
  • bitch_tits_zero_nine 3 Feb 2013 21:21:34 6,654 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    yeah travel.
  • Deleted user 3 February 2013 21:31:05
    Quite fancy iceland, peru, chilie, nepal/india japan or USA. yeah indecisive and a bit all over the place!

Working out how to do it, either get one of those 6 stop any flight ticket things, or just save up a little at a time, go somewhere for a few weeks, come back, save, repeat etc.

At the moment leaning towards the latter, iceland opens up come late may through to september, so fancy just packing a back pack with camera stuff and just spending a month there camping, walking and hostelling it up. Then treat myself to a few days in reykjavik in a hotel and seeing some good nightlife. Theres no direct planes from uk, but a ferry from denmark, so all the litte prices will add up, but should be worth it!
  • Binny 4 Feb 2013 23:10:46 187 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @joelstinton Wish You Were Here thread now hey!
  • Carlo 4 Feb 2013 23:12:37 17,992 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    joelstinton wrote:
    on amazon, you can get zombie u for 25 quid if you buy a console with it.
    I got it for 21 delivered off a dude on ebay who had to sell it because it was scaring his girlfriend.

PSN ID: Djini

• Sid-Nice 4 Feb 2013 23:24:02 15,852 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Grainger Games Wii U software is reasonably priced.

NNID Sid-Nice

• Ultrasoundwave 5 Feb 2013 11:20:18 3,280 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I seem to be embroiled in a battle with some Nintendo fanboys on the home page - am i the only WiiU owner who think releasing Sniper Elite is kind of.....pointless?

"The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

• AcidSnake 5 Feb 2013 11:25:38 7,238 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Ultrasoundwave:
    The confusion on the main page stems from something else though, it appears you were advocating for Nintendo to deny 505 to publish Sniper Elite...

Thing is, 505 would have an accounts department and as such made calculations as to the viability of the game...they decided to go ahead and release it...
    Nintendo will welcome any game onto the Wii U I'd think...

AcidSnake - He can't see your sig, avatar, images or vids and talks about himself in the third person because he's proper old-skool...UID 24017

• jellyhead 5 Feb 2013 11:34:14 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I think you are, Ultrasoundwave.
    Why would more games on a system be pointless?
    What's wrong with Sniper Elite that we shouldn't play it on Wii-U?

This signature intentionally left blank.

• CharlieStCloud 5 Feb 2013 12:15:00 5,202 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    The Wii U uses an ageing (a shy under five years old) Radeon 4650 GPU ...

... no wonder Nintendo did not wish to reveal their specifications; my four year old Dell small form factor PC uses a Radeon 5000 series GPU and that costed me 329 at the time!

Looks like the whole 'four to six times as powerful as Xbox 360' were nothing but fibs.

: (

Edited by CharlieStCloud at 12:16:01 05-02-2013
  • jellyhead 5 Feb 2013 12:19:56 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Who believed that? Nintendo have never gone for overpowered machines so i just ignored the "x times more powerful" hype that was being bandied around.

The guys on NeoGAF have a big picture of the Wii-U chip and are analysing it now and they say it's at least 1.5 to 2x the power of a 360 and there will be more to discover. I doubt we'll find out how powerful the Wii-U is for a while yet. Same as the other consoles, it'll take a year or two to get used to them.

As long as it plays games i enjoy then i couldn't give a rat's arse about how powerful it is compared to another machine.

• Cappy 5 Feb 2013 12:27:04 11,898 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It's difficult to find a confirmed source for the 4-6 times more powerful than the 360 assertion because it was always attributed to 'some developer'.

But it was what a lot of people wanted to hear and accepted as trustworthy by most on that basis.

Reggie claimed that Wii U versions looked better than their 360 and PS3 counterparts but that's about it.
  • jellyhead 5 Feb 2013 12:29:32 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Wii-U 'Latte' GPU from Chipworks on NeoGAF.
    $2,500 worth of special lithography from chipworks being used to try to determine some facts about the GPU.

• CharlieStCloud 5 Feb 2013 13:02:05 5,202 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    The thing that opened my eyes on the Digital Foundry article is the very last sentence:

The answer is fairly straightforward - leaks tend to derive from development kit and SDK documentation and, as we understand it, this crucial information simply wasn't available in Nintendo's papers, with developers essentially left to their own devices to figure out the performance level of the hardware.
    Only Nintendo, hey?
  • ecureuil 5 Feb 2013 13:04:43 76,699 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    They didn't want people to know how low grade the hardware is. It kinda worked to be fair.
  • javvyman 5 Feb 2013 13:15:07 708 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Ultrasoundwave wrote:
    I seem to be embroiled in a battle with some Nintendo fanboys on the home page - am i the only WiiU owner who think releasing Sniper Elite is kind of.....pointless?
    Well I do agree that releasing it is kind of pointless, simply because it has lost some of it's relevance.
    But the Wii U needs games, whether they're port or original titles shouldn't matter at all as it's raising the systems portfolio.

As for your insinuation that Nintendo had anything to do with having this released on the system, I believe that decision would have been solely down to 505, Nintendo don't work a filter on their platforms like the old days.
    If Rockstar came out and said they wanted to release GTA V on the system, or conversely Max Payne 3, I very much doubt Nintendo would stand in the way of that.
  • jellyhead 5 Feb 2013 13:15:52 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Just show me the games. Bring 'em on! :)

Also, javvyman, Nintendo have said they will help developers bring games to the Wii-U so it does seem that they are being more pro-active this time around.

Edited by jellyhead at 13:17:37 05-02-2013

• Ultrasoundwave 5 Feb 2013 13:16:57 3,280 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    AcidSnake wrote:
    @Ultrasoundwave:
    The confusion on the main page stems from something else though, it appears you were advocating for Nintendo to deny 505 to publish Sniper Elite...

Thing is, 505 would have an accounts department and as such made calculations as to the viability of the game...they decided to go ahead and release it...
    Nintendo will welcome any game onto the Wii U I'd think...
    That front page "discussion" has turned into a right mess!

I wasnt advocating for Nintendo to deny Sniper Elite getting released on the WiiU, i was simply questioning why they would want it on their system.

The Wii U is under-performing, they have no software in the charts and i dont understand why they think a port of a game thats a year old (a game that also got average reviews), would benefit them in any way.

Also, as far as Rebellion and 505 are concerned, how come their not looking at the Wii U software sales and thinking "is it actually worth releasing this?".

I hope they prove me wrong and the game reviews brilliantly and sells millions - cant see it happening though....

• jellyhead 5 Feb 2013 13:20:05 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Surely if the system is underperforming then MORE games are better?
    Also if you are a publisher and you can see that there is a console where people are starving for releases then why wouldn't you go and try to mop up some sales?

• Ultrasoundwave 5 Feb 2013 13:21:10 3,280 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    javvyman wrote:
    Ultrasoundwave wrote:

If Rockstar came out and said they wanted to release GTA V on the system, or conversely Max Payne 3, I very much doubt Nintendo would stand in the way of that.

Thats exactly my point though - if we were talking about one of the big games from last year (Max Payne, Dishonored, XCOM, Sleeping Dogs, etc) i wouldnt think about questioning it, those are all solid games with good reputations that sold well on multiple platforms.

Sniper Elite was merely good at best.....

• Deleted user 5 February 2013 13:23:15
    The way i see it ultra - and you are one of the most fair minded people on here is that - any games the better. With all the laughing because its not getting games like tomb raider etc, you can't laugh because it is getting games.

But they may see it as a chance to increase sales - miiverse could turn into a very good marketing tool. get people talking about it, and other people see it, which increases sales.
  • jellyhead 5 Feb 2013 13:26:23 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Miiverse is great and i think the 'share' button on the new PS controller will work in the same way. Prez buton, add note, upload video/screenshot. Done and back to game.

I hate social media and even i think Miiverse is neat and easy to use.

• CharlieStCloud 5 Feb 2013 13:28:01 5,202 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I bet the Snipe Elite game you guys are talking about won't even make a dent into the UK top forty multi-format chart.

... but still, the more games the better, even if it is a (critically) above average one at that.
  • AcidSnake 5 Feb 2013 13:29:17 7,238 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Ultrasoundwave:
    I think again the confusion comes from the "they" in "why they think a port of a game thats a year old [...] would benefit them in any way"...

Look at it this way, if they manage to sell no copies whatsoever Nintendo doesn't care as they lose nothing, if they sell a single copy Nintendo get royalties on that copy...Simple...That's how they benefit...If it sells, excellent...If not...Well, nothing's lost...

AcidSnake - He can't see your sig, avatar, images or vids and talks about himself in the third person because he's proper old-skool...UID 24017

• Ultrasoundwave 5 Feb 2013 13:30:18 3,280 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    jellyhead wrote:
    Surely if the system is underperforming then MORE games are better?
    Also if you are a publisher and you can see that there is a console where people are starving for releases then why wouldn't you go and try to mop up some sales?
    I completely agree with what your saying, 100%. If a console has more games, it becomes more attractive to potential buyers and it increases the profile of the console. For example, i was very impressed that the Wii U launched with BLOPS2, Arkham City, ACIII and Mass Effect 3.

All of them are HUGE games that reviewed brilliantly and sold shit loads. I am simply questioning how the WiiU goes from releasing multi-platform games of that calibre to Sniper Elite?

Also - i have no idea about how money works in the industry, but considering whatever it will cost to produce Sniper Elite on the Wii U (cost of development, discs, cases, marketing, etc) will Sniper Elite be likely to actually make money on the system?

• Ultrasoundwave 5 Feb 2013 13:33:27 3,280 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    joelstinton wrote:
    The way i see it ultra - and you are one of the most fair minded people on here is that - any games the better. With all the laughing because its not getting games like tomb raider etc, you can't laugh because it is getting games.
    Not laughing mate, not at all. I have a Wii U myself and i want to see more great games released for it so that its reputation can increase and more people can support it.

I just dont see how Sniper Elite is going to help the Wii U get out of its current predicament?

• jellyhead 5 Feb 2013 13:35:46 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    It could be that they have a loyal following who will support their endeavor? I know i have double-dipped on games because i've appreciated that the dev/publisher has put their game on a platform i like.

I know what you mean about risk/rewards or cost/benefits but with the Wii-U market being so new i doubt there's many metrics to base decisions on and you have to wing it. If Sniper Elite is such an unexpected game it might garner some new players on Wii-U who are looking for a more mature experience on a Nintendo system. Y'know some headshots between Pikmin levels in Nintendo Land? :)

• Ultrasoundwave 5 Feb 2013 13:44:31 3,280 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Again, agree with you 100%.

I now consider myself educated by yourself and AcidSnake that any release on a console is beneficial, regardless of its quality. Like you say, it gives Wii U owners another option and can attract new consumers.

My final point, however, is that this game will most likely be 50 when its released.

:-P

• Page

of 1355 First / Last