Wii U Page 434

  • Page

    of 1362 First / Last

  • Gregolution 19 Jan 2013 10:22:10 3,225 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Had a mate over last night. We were going to go to the pub but it was so cold we thought bolx to it, lets get some wine and whisky and have a crack at the Wii U instead.

    Probably my most fun night of gaming for years. Nintendo Land is absolutely brilliant. Anyone who doubts this console needs to play Metroid or Zelda for a few hours in coop.

    This hardware has all the graphical horsepower I need and more control options than I could wish for but most of all it has the genius of Nintendo software running on it.

    No regrets about my purchase whatsoever. Quality.

    Probably saved half the price of the console by staying in too lol!
  • Raiko101 19 Jan 2013 19:13:21 6,295 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I'm nearing 150 hours play time in 1 1/2 months. I own 8 games and i've still to complete 3 of them. The others have great replay value. Then there's Monster Hunter in March. I've absolutely no regrets yet, either. Unfortunately i've recently bought both Theatrythm and Minecraft, so i'm not on it so much at the minute. That might be a good thing if the release schedule stays quite thin.

    3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

  • RyanDS 19 Jan 2013 19:15:54 9,347 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    40 hours playtime for me.

    That's nearly 30 hours on Xenoblade, and the rest on NSMBU,
  • Raiko101 19 Jan 2013 19:22:04 6,295 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Xenoblade is a beast of a game. Are you doing side quests and extras too? If so, you'll easily surpass 100 hours. Some people on here have claimed to hit 200+ hours.

    3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

  • RyanDS 19 Jan 2013 19:38:52 9,347 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    30 hours and barely touched it I think. So many sidequests....And collectables... and crafting... and exploration... and skill linking...

    Oh, and theres a story there that I need to look at sometime.
  • Raiko101 19 Jan 2013 19:41:26 6,295 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yeah. I actually forgot about the story a number of times because I became obsessed with fully exploring each new area. To the point I had to uncover every possible bit of land on the map.

    Still enjoyed it immensely though.

    3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

  • Gregolution 20 Jan 2013 07:55:03 3,225 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    That game is hard to find! Never in stock anywhere
  • Progguitarist 20 Jan 2013 10:01:21 10,435 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Gregolution wrote:
    Had a mate over last night. We were going to go to the pub but it was so cold we thought bolx to it, lets get some wine and whisky and have a crack at the Wii U instead.

    Probably my most fun night of gaming for years. Nintendo Land is absolutely brilliant. Anyone who doubts this console needs to play Metroid or Zelda for a few hours in coop.

    This hardware has all the graphical horsepower I need and more control options than I could wish for but most of all it has the genius of Nintendo software running on it.

    No regrets about my purchase whatsoever. Quality.

    Probably saved half the price of the console by staying in too lol!
    Oh, Greg.
  • Gregolution 20 Jan 2013 10:59:26 3,225 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Progguitarist

    Stop being such a grump!
  • Psychotext 20 Jan 2013 12:33:16 54,155 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    What about for those of use that don't have friends who can come over... or don't have friends at all?

    :(
  • Luckyjim 20 Jan 2013 12:44:27 2,873 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Gregolution's right, Nintendo Land's multiplayer experience really is amazing. The best of last year, imho. Unfortunately, Psychotext is also right, it's not the easiest to arrange i.e. having enough wiimotes, gaming friends etc.

    I know online's not the point in NL but, really, Nintendo should have implemented the option. There's simply no excuse these days.
  • jellyhead 20 Jan 2013 12:49:06 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Nintendoland went down brilliantly the other night. There were 4 of us with three controllers and we had an absolute blast. I was not sure it would go down as well as Wii Sports but it was even better.

    Luigi and Metroid were the favourites i'd say.

    This signature intentionally left blank.

  • Luckyjim 20 Jan 2013 12:52:33 2,873 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Mario chase is also all kinds of ace.
  • RyanDS 20 Jan 2013 13:42:03 9,347 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Gregolution wrote:
    That game is hard to find! Never in stock anywhere
    I had to pay 30 to buy new from Play.com a few weeks back.

    Worth every penny.

    I have spent more time playing this one game on the Wii U than I spent the entire 3 years playing the Wii when I had one.
  • richardiox 20 Jan 2013 13:46:37 5,595 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Funny that the game you've spent more time with on the WiiU than your culminative Wii playtime is actually a Wii game.
  • RyanDS 20 Jan 2013 14:01:27 9,347 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    richardiox wrote:
    Funny that the game you've spent more time with on the WiiU than your culminative Wii playtime is actually a Wii game.
    Hehe. True.

    In my defense it did only come out after I sold my Wii, and it is unplayable using the basic wii motes and needs a pro classic controller.

    And a large reason I got the Wii U was to try Mario Galaxy and Xenoblade which look like the two good Wii games.

    Edited by RyanDS at 14:01:59 20-01-2013
  • Gregolution 20 Jan 2013 19:17:49 3,225 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    This is annoying. I've spent over an hour trying to find Xenoblade (not that I need another game but bolx to it) and no one has it! Ebay is the only option but I'm not paying 45 quid for a used Wii game ffs. Ridiculous.

    Smashed through loads of Zelda Skyward Sword and Metroid Prime today though. I'm loving getting through all the top rated Wii games. It's just pure quality gaming time, no duds - everything I bought is over 90 Metacritic. :D
  • Raiko101 20 Jan 2013 21:17:29 6,295 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    There's a ton of Wii gems with lower metacritic scores. No More Heroes 1 & 2 and Madworld were great. Anno, Metroid: Other M, Mercury Meltdown, Sonic Colours and Boom Blox are great too.

    3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

  • GuiltySpark 20 Jan 2013 22:17:32 6,382 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Madworld was average at best, seriously don't bother with it if you've played any other 'violent' game on any other console within the last 5 years.

    Get bent.

  • Raiko101 21 Jan 2013 00:19:00 6,295 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I enjoyed it. Mindless, but fun. It wasn't the violence that appealed either. It reminded me of streets of rage, going about killing people.

    3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

  • binky Moderator 21 Jan 2013 13:31:38 9,619 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I fear that asking this question in the Wii U specific thread could be a bit bias, but I'll ask anyway...

    Are people happy with their purchases? Wish you'd held off a little longer? Traded it in already?

    Really interested in your initial thoughts, especially those (if any) of you that still have an Xbox/PS3.
  • CharlieStCloud 21 Jan 2013 13:38:01 5,202 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    binky wrote:
    Are people happy with their purchases? Wish you'd held off a little longer? Traded it in already?
    I cannot answer those questions however, it is good fun although not quite as brilliant as the first time you play Wii Sports.

    The reason why I am not buying one (at this moment in time) is to see what Sony and Microsoft will offer ... and the price puts me off. It is too expensive when the actual console is no better, technically, than the six year old PlayStation 3 and the seven year old Xbox 360.

    Wii U should have been 199 for the 'basic pack' on day one.
  • Kangoo 21 Jan 2013 13:39:16 1,016 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Binky

    Kangoo wrote:
    @ZizouFC

    I am having a lot of regrets with my purchase and will probably sell it in the next week or so. Think I have a bit of Nintendo franchise fatigue, playing Mario feels like playing the same game I have been playing since Super Mario World, just not as good. I really don't see all the fuss with Nintendo Land, only Zombi U has interested me and that is starting to lose its appeal.

    Saw a very barren release schedule the other day and it made me realise I am only really bothered about Pikmin an Rayman (which I am sure will get a sequel to Origins on PS3/4 at some point) and I am not loving it enough to justify keeping the machine.

    The e-shop is really well laid out, shame there really isn't a lot on there, sure it will get better but again only seen 3 titles planned for release in the next 6 months. The online aspect is still poor compared to the PS3/360 and the speed of loading and getting back to the home page is appaulling. Think Nintendo are light years behind in there online set up.

    The game pad is much more comfortable to hold then I expected and the battery life hasn't been a problem for me, but I have never played more than 2 hours in a day. I like being able to play games on it without the need for the screen, but with such little 3rd party support most of the stuff I want will only be available on my PS3 so it doesn't help me out. Not sure how much of a game changer the second screen will be, used brilliantly with Zombi U but not I can only see it working in tense situations and just having a seperate screen for maps/inventory seems a waste of resources.

    I think the thing that really brought it home for me was 12 hours of playtime trough 3/4 of December. Really can't justify the expense for such limited use and it will only be gathering dust for the next couple of months until something else gets released.
    These were my previous thoughts and I am putting mine up for sale this week, has been unplugged for a week and haven't given it a second thought.

    PSN: Adwab2

  • Frogofdoom 21 Jan 2013 13:39:40 884 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I have a ps3, 360 and a wii u and im still very happy with the purchase. Its a bit light on games at the moment but they will come in time. I do however enjoy the games i got with it and it has made me pick up a few wii games again that i couldnt be bothered with before.
  • RyanDS 21 Jan 2013 13:41:19 9,347 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    binky wrote:
    I fear that asking this question in the Wii U specific thread could be a bit bias, but I'll ask anyway...

    Are people happy with their purchases? Wish you'd held off a little longer? Traded it in already?

    Really interested in your initial thoughts, especially those (if any) of you that still have an Xbox/PS3.
    It's mediocre to poor really. I don't regret the purchase as I knew what I was getting. Reason I bought it was I had some spare money, and I knew that this year funds would be tight so got it as a final treat with my bonus.

    + Playing games on the pad is nice when TV is busy.
    - Only some games do that
    - Battery life is shit
    - Few games
    + NSMBU is a fun if short diversion, Zombi U is rather innovative and fun.
    - Console is prone to crashes
    - Needs a million different controllers
    + Can play the wii games you missed.

    I've spent more time playing the 360 and PS3 over christmas than the Wii U. It's not bad, it's just way overpriced, and apart from Zombi doesn't actually do anything that wouldn't be just as good on one of the twins. Long term I figure it will be my spare console for the odd game every 18 months worth playing, in the meantime it is fun for wii games I missed. If you plan on getting only one console avoid, if you want something to sit next to the PS4 / 720 then get this as a second console.

    Disclosure - I haven't played Mario Land which I understand people are rather taken with.
  • StevilKnevil 21 Jan 2013 13:58:03 310 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @binky

    Still very happy with mine, glad I got it. Won't be getting traded.
    We have a couple of 360's too and I think they compliment each other quite well. I think I have had 2 freezes since purchase (got it on release). It's refreshing to have something different TBH.

    Nintendo land is just fantastic local multiplayer, the whole family have been playing it loads over Christmas and having a great laugh.

    Seriously, if you haven't got Nintendo Land, you are not doing it right.
    ZombieU is excellent, most fun survival horror since the early Resi days.

    It's a great second console to go alongside the 360.

    GT: SteviL UK PSN: SJM2007

  • Armoured_Bear 21 Jan 2013 13:58:24 10,940 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I must be lucky as mine hasn't crashed at all so far.
    I wonder if it's restricted to certain production runs...

    XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

  • RyanDS 21 Jan 2013 14:01:24 9,347 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    I must be lucky as mine hasn't crashed at all so far.
    I wonder if it's restricted to certain production runs...
    Actually to be fair I have not had a crash yet myself either. I mentioned that as a negative as it seems to be a fairly common complaint.

    My big complaint about the console is that the pad ruins gaming on the TV in MNSMBU. I've ended up having to tape cardboard over the screen when I play otherwise it is so distracting. There should be a way to turn off the screen when not needed.
  • Armoured_Bear 21 Jan 2013 14:03:48 10,940 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    RyanDS wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    I must be lucky as mine hasn't crashed at all so far.
    I wonder if it's restricted to certain production runs...
    Actually to be fair I have not had a crash yet myself either. I mentioned that as a negative as it seems to be a fairly common complaint.

    My big complaint about the console is that the pad ruins gaming on the TV in MNSMBU. I've ended up having to tape cardboard over the screen when I play otherwise it is so distracting. There should be a way to turn off the screen when not needed.
    That's hilarious!
    I agree that there should be an option to only display on one screen at a time but I don't find it so distracting..

    XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

  • RyanDS 21 Jan 2013 14:08:12 9,347 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    RyanDS wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    I must be lucky as mine hasn't crashed at all so far.
    I wonder if it's restricted to certain production runs...
    Actually to be fair I have not had a crash yet myself either. I mentioned that as a negative as it seems to be a fairly common complaint.

    My big complaint about the console is that the pad ruins gaming on the TV in MNSMBU. I've ended up having to tape cardboard over the screen when I play otherwise it is so distracting. There should be a way to turn off the screen when not needed.
    That's hilarious!
    I agree that there should be an option to only display on one screen at a time but I don't find it so distracting..
    I only play it on the pad otherwise. Inevitably the image on the pad will distract from the TV so I just end up staring at that anyway.
  • Page

    of 1362 First / Last

Log in or register to reply