Wii U Page 428

  • Page

    of 1343 First / Last

  • mrpon 10 Jan 2013 09:05:26 28,401 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Waggle the Wiimote to tighten nuts!!

    Jesus.

    Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

  • LeoliansBro 10 Jan 2013 09:17:34 43,117 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I've done this before, but why not have a four player team deathmatch spaceship game where everyone has a distinct role?

    Role: Pilot, manual and complete control over all engines, newtonian physics. Screen: forward view with cockpit instrumentation. Gamepad screen: individual engine power levels he must juggle, ancillary controls (boost? emergency stop?), damage information (and repair request).

    Role: Gunner, both offensive and point defence weaponry. Screen: targeting reticule, overblown (so to aim, bring the two crosshairs together using two thumbsticks then fire by pulling both triggers). Gamepad screen: weapon select, some power management, weapon damage information (and repair request).

    Role: Engineer, power management and damage control. Screen: FPS of the interior of the ship, running around with fire extinguishers, portable shield generators, I dunno futuristic sealant gel, patching holes, repairing shit. Gamepad screen: power managment, allocated to various systems, repair request management, overall damage control overview.

    Role: Captain, sensor sweep and command. Screen: forward view with scanner overlay and active targets for pilot / gunner. Gamepad screen: sensor sweep to pick up possible / probable / certain targets and 'paint' them for the pilot / gunner, targeted scanning option, sensor damage information (and repair request), repair priority schedule for engineer, voicecomms.

    Captain searches through the white noise and finds probable energy signature, paints them for the pilot. Pilot flies where he's told and doesn;t crash. Gunner shoots down targets, engineer repairs damage and allocates power where the commander yells at him to.

    Stick two teams or four in an empty space box and bam! Emergent gameplay, variety, emphasis on teamwork.

    tl;dr.

    LB, you really are a massive geek.

  • AcidSnake 10 Jan 2013 09:32:14 7,211 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @LB:
    I like the sound of that, though it has to played with friends as with randoms it'll boil down to:

    Captain gives orders to fly to empty piece of space, pilot flies somewhere else, gunner attacks allies, engineer is idle having left to get a drink...

    AcidSnake - He can't see your sig, avatar, images or vids and talks about himself in the third person because he's proper old-skool...UID 24017

  • Psychotext 10 Jan 2013 09:35:32 53,761 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Would also need four people to own the game... and at the moment with the Wii U that's not looking particularly likely. :p
  • nickthegun 10 Jan 2013 09:37:14 58,779 posts
    Seen 44 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    And three of the four people not immediately quitting when they cant be the pilot.

    ---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

  • AcidSnake 10 Jan 2013 09:43:17 7,211 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Though it could be interesting if different games in the same series can link up...

    Say having an RTS C&C type game with proprietary single and multiplayer modes but also an extra mode that links up with an FPS game...

    You bought the game for the gametype you want, so that would solve the "everyone wants to be the pilot" problem nick mentioned...

    Would also make commercial sense as they'd boost sales between them...

    You'll still have the "random online players could be asshats" problem, but just imagine some useless player in the FPS bit starting to teamkill and the commander of the RTS bit sending the whole army to kick his ass...

    AcidSnake - He can't see your sig, avatar, images or vids and talks about himself in the third person because he's proper old-skool...UID 24017

  • LeoliansBro 10 Jan 2013 09:46:29 43,117 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    And three of the four people not immediately quitting when they cant be the pilot.
    I dunno, look at the spread of class choices in (say) Team Fortress.

    The bigger problem is that one twat can ruin the game for everybody.

    LB, you really are a massive geek.

  • nickthegun 10 Jan 2013 09:49:34 58,779 posts
    Seen 44 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    All the roles in team fortress are exciting, to a degree

    Role: Engineer, power management and damage control.
    Is not

    ---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

  • nickthegun 10 Jan 2013 09:50:14 58,779 posts
    Seen 44 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Although you could crack the lucrative aspie market, so it may be worth a roll of the dice.

    ---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

  • LeoliansBro 10 Jan 2013 09:53:52 43,117 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    All the roles in team fortress are exciting, to a degree

    Role: Engineer, power management and damage control.
    Is not
    Touche.

    You'd basically be Scotty. Not shit Simon Pegg Scotty, the proper full fat version.

    LB, you really are a massive geek.

  • nickthegun 10 Jan 2013 09:54:45 58,779 posts
    Seen 44 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    So full fat he would need a plunger to get him out of the jeffries tube.

    ---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

  • Psychotext 10 Jan 2013 09:58:18 53,761 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Someone get GI'd? Pages seem to have changed.

    Edit - Back now.

    Edited by Psychotext at 09:58:35 10-01-2013
  • LeoliansBro 10 Jan 2013 10:04:25 43,117 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    So full fat he would need a plunger to get him out of the jeffries tube.
    Yep. I can feel a faux Scottish accent coming on even now.

    I just like the idea of scurrying around the ship, fixing damage and keeping everything working, even going on to the outside of the ship to repair some systems while the universe pinwheels around you and laser beams piss all over the shop.

    LB, you really are a massive geek.

  • nickthegun 10 Jan 2013 10:07:53 58,779 posts
    Seen 44 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You merge pilot and gunner and add security, running about invading the other ships and trying to stop other security guys killing your engineers and youve got yourself a game.

    ---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

  • smoothpete 10 Jan 2013 10:08:20 31,308 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    The bigger problem is that one twat can ruin the game for everybody.
    Lieutenant Twatpants reporting for duty, sir. o>

    Edited by smoothpete at 10:08:33 10-01-2013
  • LeoliansBro 10 Jan 2013 10:10:59 43,117 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    o>

    Man the weapons console Mr Twatpants. And don't fire the main weapons 'because it'll be funny' like the last four times, we're trying to get the drop on those wankers and it doesn't half show up on the radar scope when you use that much energy. Plus Jock McScotland doesn't like it when you waste all our power reserves before we actually find the other ship...

    Also, we all know that you can shoot out our engines if you depress the laser reticule enough. Try not to do that this... YOU UTTER CUNT!

    Edited by LeoliansBro at 10:11:12 10-01-2013

    LB, you really are a massive geek.

  • smoothpete 10 Jan 2013 10:12:01 31,308 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    LEEEEROOOOOY TWATPANTS!!
  • LeoliansBro 10 Jan 2013 10:14:51 43,117 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Hehehe. And so a new internet meme was born.

    LB, you really are a massive geek.

  • AcidSnake 10 Jan 2013 10:15:32 7,211 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    "That engineer is to be commended, what is his serial number?"
    "R2....D2"

    It would be good to find a regular crew to work with and get used to their tactics and such...

    I'd be no good as a pilot I think as I often prefer ramming the enemy when damage starts to get high...
    "If I'm going down, I'm taking you with me!"
    Which the engineer who was about to fix the shields wouldn't appreciate...

    AcidSnake - He can't see your sig, avatar, images or vids and talks about himself in the third person because he's proper old-skool...UID 24017

  • Raiko101 10 Jan 2013 16:04:11 6,049 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Battlefield could work on Wii U if you could scribble over the map to coordinate your team. Or for flying those little drone Helicopters. Can't actually think of anything more exciting than that lol.

    3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

  • vyseofhr 10 Jan 2013 16:13:15 818 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    My idea would be something along the lines of an historical conflict RTS; a Total War clone set in Civil War England whereby the Gamepad is used purely as a 2D tactical overview of a battlefield, all units are controlled by touch and the action plays out on the TV with shiny shiny graphics.

    Multiple unit control would be extremely easy as it's all conducted by stylus input (a battalion being enirely controlled by a 'bar' from the old-style war maps), and by having both views you'd be able to see exactly what was going on, and who's attacking what and who.

    I'm hoping Pikmin will show that RTS games can work a treat.

    Edited by vyseofhr at 16:13:52 10-01-2013

    NNID: vyseofhr
    PSN ID: vyseofhr
    3DS Friend Code: 0387-8875-0494

  • LeoliansBro 10 Jan 2013 16:29:04 43,117 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'd think you'd end up never looking at your telly.

    LB, you really are a massive geek.

  • ronuds 10 Jan 2013 16:34:11 21,788 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm not really seeing any suggestions that couldn't be done - presumably better, too - in a pause menu.
  • the_dudefather 10 Jan 2013 16:52:40 9,177 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    how about a first person grilled sausage seller simulator



    You move around with standard first person shooter controls, the gamepad shows the grill, add sausages and tap them to flip them, swipe up to feed customers

    (ง ͠ ͟ʖ ͡)

  • Deleted user 10 January 2013 16:55:14
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    I've done this before, but why not have a four player team deathmatch spaceship game where everyone has a distinct role?

    Role: Pilot, manual and complete control over all engines, newtonian physics. Screen: forward view with cockpit instrumentation. Gamepad screen: individual engine power levels he must juggle, ancillary controls (boost? emergency stop?), damage information (and repair request).

    Role: Gunner, both offensive and point defence weaponry. Screen: targeting reticule, overblown (so to aim, bring the two crosshairs together using two thumbsticks then fire by pulling both triggers). Gamepad screen: weapon select, some power management, weapon damage information (and repair request).

    Role: Engineer, power management and damage control. Screen: FPS of the interior of the ship, running around with fire extinguishers, portable shield generators, I dunno futuristic sealant gel, patching holes, repairing shit. Gamepad screen: power managment, allocated to various systems, repair request management, overall damage control overview.

    Role: Captain, sensor sweep and command. Screen: forward view with scanner overlay and active targets for pilot / gunner. Gamepad screen: sensor sweep to pick up possible / probable / certain targets and 'paint' them for the pilot / gunner, targeted scanning option, sensor damage information (and repair request), repair priority schedule for engineer, voicecomms.

    Captain searches through the white noise and finds probable energy signature, paints them for the pilot. Pilot flies where he's told and doesn;t crash. Gunner shoots down targets, engineer repairs damage and allocates power where the commander yells at him to.

    Stick two teams or four in an empty space box and bam! Emergent gameplay, variety, emphasis on teamwork.

    tl;dr.
    http://www.artemis.eochu.com/


    You can even more aspie and actually build a mock-starship room for full on LARPing idiocy.
  • Khanivor 10 Jan 2013 16:58:43 40,344 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    All these MP game suggestions; if only there was some other way to show multiple screens of a game without having to have actual multiple screens. I know! What if you took the TV and 'split' its screen into two, three or even four parts, giving each player their own view?
  • jellyhead 10 Jan 2013 17:02:50 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Fucking Madness! You're a witch, Khani!

    Burn him!

    This signature intentionally left blank.

  • Moshbag 10 Jan 2013 17:57:41 106 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Khanivor wrote:
    All these MP game suggestions; if only there was some other way to show multiple screens of a game without having to have actual multiple screens. I know! What if you took the TV and 'split' its screen into two, three or even four parts, giving each player their own view?
    How the hell would that work with one player on the toilet?

    Don't point that beard at me, it might go off!

  • Derblington 10 Jan 2013 18:13:28 21,259 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Khanivor wrote:
    All these MP game suggestions; if only there was some other way to show multiple screens of a game without having to have actual multiple screens. I know! What if you took the TV and 'split' its screen into two, three or even four parts, giving each player their own view?
    Urgh. There's a reason I bought a big tv, and it wasn't to share it in MP.
  • captainrentboy 10 Jan 2013 18:21:44 943 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I remember when the Wii first come out, all of us geeks would post the wonderful ways we'd implement the wiimotes features into games..... Yeaah, none of it ever happened.
  • Page

    of 1343 First / Last

Log in or register to reply