Wii U Page 356

  • Page

    of 1211 First / Last

  • roz123 30 Nov 2012 14:11:50 7,107 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I like how Nintendo Land gives you the quick menu.
    Should I click on this button or should I get on this steam train that rises up into the sky on a rainbow?
  • CyborgD 30 Nov 2012 14:12:49 22 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Aargh. Thank you, got it going with that info on Kotaku.
  • Deleted user 30 November 2012 14:15:14
    You're welcome!
  • ResidentKnievel 30 Nov 2012 14:17:01 5,867 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Baleoce

    Your ceiling's cracked.

    [code]Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Unlike yourself, I don't have a weird obsession with any platform.[/code]

  • spamdangled 30 Nov 2012 14:22:41 27,197 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    CrispyXUK wrote:
    darkmorgado wrote:
    @Ronuds

    Yeah. In some ways it's better than capacitive because it's not as sensitive to accidental contact. Both methods have their own benefits and drawbacks.
    Pressure sensitive too
    Yeah, but resitive is not as sensitive. At least that's what I thought, happy to be corrected if I'm wrong :)

    3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

  • Deleted user 30 November 2012 14:26:05
    Why would you want a touch screen to not be sensitive and recognise your input easily?
  • ronuds 30 Nov 2012 14:28:09 21,788 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Because too touchy is as bad as not touchy enough.
  • Deleted user 30 November 2012 14:28:31
    Finally got a chance to have a play with one. Had low expectations but fuck me that was disappointing. Pad is massive! Graphics looked like the vita (played rayman) and the whole experience felt cheap. A bit gutted as I wanted to treat myself to a new console with my new job. But I'd quicker buy a second 360.
  • Deleted user 30 November 2012 14:29:04
    roz123 wrote:
    I like how Nintendo Land gives you the quick menu.
    Should I click on this button or should I get on this steam train that rises up into the sky on a rainbow?
    You know you wanna ride that sky train
  • RobTheBuilder 30 Nov 2012 14:29:18 6,521 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    ResidentKnievel wrote:
    @Baleoce

    Your ceiling's cracked.
    :D
  • Deleted user 30 November 2012 14:30:34
    ronuds wrote:
    Because too touchy is as bad as not touchy enough.
    The paedo said to the priest.

    For some things like drawing, i don't see how for this sort of thing.
  • ronuds 30 Nov 2012 14:30:53 21,788 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    CrispyXUK wrote:
    roz123 wrote:
    I like how Nintendo Land gives you the quick menu.
    Should I click on this button or should I get on this steam train that rises up into the sky on a rainbow?
    You know you wanna ride that sky train
    10 million boys await you on the other end!
  • javvyman 30 Nov 2012 14:31:20 705 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    CrispyXUK wrote:
    roz123 wrote:
    I like how Nintendo Land gives you the quick menu.
    Should I click on this button or should I get on this steam train that rises up into the sky on a rainbow?
    You know you wanna ride that sky train
    Your picture on that train did make me lol.

    Don't what I should try first tonight. ZombiU, NSMB or NL. Which is the most addictive?
  • javvyman 30 Nov 2012 14:33:11 705 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Aargh. Drawing on a resistive screen is much better from my experience.

    Capacitive is like a marker pen, resistive more like pencil.
  • neilka 30 Nov 2012 14:36:45 14,935 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Next up in the Wii U thread: Up is down and the Pope was a protestant all along.
  • ronuds 30 Nov 2012 14:36:47 21,788 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    He said drawing is good with resistive.

    I haven't tried a resistive screen for games, so I couldn't say. I only know I enjoy it with my thousand-year-old phone.
  • Blakester 30 Nov 2012 14:41:09 3,346 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Ours just turned up at home, delivery company left it outside on the doorstep so it's a miracle it's still there.

    Caught in two minds really. It's a present for the kids for Xmas, but I do want to try it out and make sure it works ok. It's not exactly gonna look unopened though if I've had all the wires and everything out.

    When you can't see the angles on the wall you're in trouble.

  • Baleoce 30 Nov 2012 14:43:50 1,169 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Anyone know where the club nintendo points are for the console itself? The club nintendo leaflet that came with it doesn't have a code inside. It's more of a pamflet.

    Steam: Baleoce
    PSN: Baleoce
    Nintendo Network: Baleoce

  • roz123 30 Nov 2012 14:44:47 7,107 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    The only drawback to the touchscreen is multi touch but it has buttons and sticks so its not a major problem.
  • kinky_mong 30 Nov 2012 14:46:06 9,584 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Razz wrote:
    Virgin?
    No, it's just been a while since the last time.

    I'll never get my Orc looking the same again.

  • roz123 30 Nov 2012 14:46:08 7,107 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Baleoce wrote:
    Anyone know where the club nintendo points are for the console itself? The club nintendo leaflet that came with it doesn't have a code inside. It's more of a pamflet.
    I think you stick in your club e-mail address and password when you go on the eshop and that links it all up

    Edited by roz123 at 14:46:24 30-11-2012
  • kinky_mong 30 Nov 2012 14:47:41 9,584 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    mowgli wrote:
    Finally got a chance to have a play with one. Had low expectations but fuck me that was disappointing. Pad is massive! Graphics looked like the vita (played rayman) and the whole experience felt cheap. A bit gutted as I wanted to treat myself to a new console with my new job. But I'd quicker buy a second 360.
    You can always just trade the puppy in for it, and then trade the Wii U for another puppy at a later date.

    I'll never get my Orc looking the same again.

  • Gambit1977 30 Nov 2012 14:49:00 9,537 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    All this resistive pad stuff...you guys! :D
    Remember, there was mention of the gamepad going Haptic at some point!
  • kinky_mong 30 Nov 2012 14:49:10 9,584 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    darkmorgado wrote:
    Gambit1977 wrote:
    javvyman wrote:
    You know something's not right when you start quoting yourself!

    Finding the pad to be great, responsive, though I've not actually played any games on it yet, just messed around on the mii verse drawing pics, which is actually surprisingly fun.
    Being a resistive screen takes some getting used to though, browser is actually quite decent.
    I lost count of how many times i tried to zoom in with two fingers on the screen :lol:
    Heh, same here. So used to my ipad now I forget the gamepad isn't multitouch.
    Valentine's day present?

    I'll never get my Orc looking the same again.

  • Baleoce 30 Nov 2012 14:49:19 1,169 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @roz123 thanks man

    Steam: Baleoce
    PSN: Baleoce
    Nintendo Network: Baleoce

  • Deleted user 30 November 2012 14:49:56
    Lack of multitouch and poor responsiveness isn't exactly a good thing for a screen of that size, no matter how many buttons there are. If the buttons compensate for it that much then why bother with a touch screen.

    DS is different because it's a tiny screen and is rarely used for anything other than jamming your thumb at something in your inventory.
  • Deleted user 30 November 2012 14:50:14
    kinky_mong wrote:
    mowgli wrote:
    Finally got a chance to have a play with one. Had low expectations but fuck me that was disappointing. Pad is massive! Graphics looked like the vita (played rayman) and the whole experience felt cheap. A bit gutted as I wanted to treat myself to a new console with my new job. But I'd quicker buy a second 360.
    You can always just trade the puppy in for it, and then trade the Wii U for another puppy at a later date.
    Hmv or cex?
  • Gambit1977 30 Nov 2012 14:51:30 9,537 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    mowgli wrote:
    Finally got a chance to have a play with one. Had low expectations but fuck me that was disappointing. Pad is massive! Graphics looked like the vita (played rayman) and the whole experience felt cheap. A bit gutted as I wanted to treat myself to a new console with my new job. But I'd quicker buy a second 360.
    Good!
  • kinky_mong 30 Nov 2012 14:52:43 9,584 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    mowgli wrote:
    kinky_mong wrote:
    mowgli wrote:
    Finally got a chance to have a play with one. Had low expectations but fuck me that was disappointing. Pad is massive! Graphics looked like the vita (played rayman) and the whole experience felt cheap. A bit gutted as I wanted to treat myself to a new console with my new job. But I'd quicker buy a second 360.
    You can always just trade the puppy in for it, and then trade the Wii U for another puppy at a later date.
    Hmv or cex?
    HMV of course, their logo shows they accept dogs.

    Then again CEX might as well. I assume that's why it always smell like wet dog in there.

    I'll never get my Orc looking the same again.

  • nickthegun 30 Nov 2012 15:01:05 55,848 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Gambit1977 wrote:
    Remember, there was mention of the gamepad going Haptic at some point!
    You can get cream for that.

    ---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

  • Page

    of 1211 First / Last

Log in or register to reply