Trials Evolution Page 85

• Page

of 87 First / Last

• L_Franko Moderator 31 Dec 2012 14:55:55 9,694 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It doesn't look as cool as the Phoenix either.
    If the two bikes were used on a hard track would they be evenly matched or would the phoenix still top it?
    This is research I can do myself but was wondering if anyone had already done it?
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 31 Dec 2012 15:31:39 37,899 posts
    Seen 55 seconds ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I cannot do those last two extremes :(

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• Ka-blamo 31 Dec 2012 15:34:18 7,331 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I'm not sure, from what I've noticed all the banshee is 'better' at is back wheel bunny hops....It's easier, not sure if that makes it better though.

It's obviously faster, but then its not as fast as the Scorpion so meh.

Adding a new bike was a bad Idea I reckon, BMX was cool. but it wasn't trying to be anything it's not or compete with the big bikes.
  • Nanocrystal 4 Jan 2013 03:21:25 1,013 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Just platinumed Inferno 3! Yes!
  • imamazed 4 Jan 2013 10:27:33 5,535 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Nanocrystal wrote:
    Quite an achievement, well done.

I remember just getting silver on it, and I ain't going back for gold any time soon.
  • Ka-blamo 4 Jan 2013 17:06:44 7,331 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Well done Nanocrystal :)

I remember watching a 1 fault run of yours on Inferno 3 a while ago of you faulting on the last tyre lol ouch

It was only a matter of time before you dusted yourself off and platinum'd it :) after I figured out all the obstacles(few months) It took me a whole day to zero fault, It was a great feeling. I haven't been back to speed run it yet.
  • Spong 4 Jan 2013 17:20:54 525 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I think I've reached my ceiling, which is a shame because I was enjoying Evo in a way I didn't get with the original. I think I've got a couple of platinums, but they must've been absolute flukes. I spent a couple of hours last night trying to get platinums on the beginner tracks (figuring they'd be the easiest) but I always seemed to be at least two seconds away from the target time, even though I wasn't faulting and going pretty much all out with the 450cc (minus unnecessary jumps). Two seconds in Trials is a vast chasm and I just couldn't see how I could make the time up. I tried having a go on one of the extreme tracks (I forget which one it was) but couldn't get anywhere on it, I didn't even get to the end.

So I dropped the trials and moved on to the skill games, I hadn't touched those since getting the game because I flat-out hated them in the original. Nothing much has changed in that department really, apart from the variety of the challenges. Although I liked the one where you have limited fuel and have to see how far you can get.

My fun with Evo is at an end now I think, I'm just randomly downloading custom tracks now. I'm not sore about it though, I expected it.
  • booped 4 Jan 2013 17:24:05 282 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Nanocrystal wrote:
    well done nano, took a look not a bad run :)
  • Ka-blamo 4 Jan 2013 19:17:58 7,331 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Spong

That's a shame spong, as I went through what you went through, frustration and the fuck it attitude. After coming second in the EG competition thing I realised if I put my mind to something I can do it.

So I went back to the drawing board, worked out how and why people were 10 seconds faster than me when Ive got the accelerator down the whole time, I didn't get it. But I worked at it and studied, didn't rush my expectations and the results came, nothing is handed to you in this game.

If you don't want it or can't be arsed then that's fine, but there is no reason why you can't be zero faulting extreme tracks one day, and people here can and will help you along the way because we've all been there.
  • monkehhh 4 Jan 2013 20:23:39 3,298 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Have you gone through and got a time in all the tracks? Going back and platinuming them all is hard, the beginner tracks don't give you much room for any error!
  • L_Franko Moderator 4 Jan 2013 20:25:29 9,694 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Easy tracks are mostly harder to plat than hards i find.
  • Nanocrystal 4 Jan 2013 21:54:20 1,013 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Ka-blamo wrote:
    Well done Nanocrystal :)

I remember watching a 1 fault run of yours on Inferno 3 a while ago of you faulting on the last tyre lol ouch
    Yep, and I've just done the same thing on Way of the Ninja, faulted on those pallets at the end. :-( The pressure gets to me I think!

Spong wrote:
    Two seconds in Trials is a vast chasm and I just couldn't see how I could make the time up.
    It really isn't actually... hit a single obstacle the right way, or simply don't pause between two particular obstacles and you can easily make up a couple of seconds.

Edited by Nanocrystal at 21:57:40 04-01-2013
  • Ka-blamo 4 Jan 2013 22:59:01 7,331 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Also take a look at your line, every time your wheels aren't on the track you're losing time, so any jumps, bumps walls whatever....try figure out a quicker way over to reduce the height and air time, as it all bleeds time.

Once I realised this it changed everything, Its a science :)

Edited by Ka-blamo at 01:34:33 05-01-2013
  • Spong 5 Jan 2013 00:00:36 525 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Cheers for the advice again guys.

Ka-blamo wrote:
    Also take a look at your line, every time your wheels aren't on the track you're losing time, so any jumps, bumps walls whatever....try figure out a quicker way over jumps and reduce the height and air time, as it all bleeds time.
    That's what I've been working on mainly, limiting the unnecessary air time. It looks cool, but it eats away at the clock like nobody's business. The tracks are so fiendish though, even the beginner ones. It seems as though there's two paths through a track; either keeping the hammer down and wasting loads of time in the air, or taking the softly softly approach to stay grounded but wasting time by not going fast enough. The key to success appears to be mixing the two together, but I haven't got my head round it yet.

Something that annoyed me earlier was when I was replaying Gigatrack to try and get gold. I pretty much stumbled my way through the track on my first attempt and got a silver. When I tried earlier, I was a minute and a half ahead of my initial time at about the three-quarter mark, but then a friend called and I had to go out, so I quit before I got to the end. When I got back in I fired it up and tried again, but for the life of me I couldn't get the time I was getting earlier, every checkpoint I passed the red split-times just got steadily worse. It was inexplicable, I genuinely couldn't understand what it was that I was doing wrong/differently.

Anyway, I'm still chipping away at it, but the game's well disguised ruthlessness is beginning to take its toll on my simple ways.

Edited by Spong at 00:01:43 05-01-2013
  • monkehhh 5 Jan 2013 00:05:34 3,298 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Make it your bitch! I find Gigatrack easier with the 450cc, I might even go back to it one day..

With the extremes I often just miss an obstacle, then spend 5 minutes on said obstacle getting nowhere near it.
  • robthehermit 5 Jan 2013 00:08:54 4,041 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Spong So is it 6 times better than Trials HD?

GT: robthehermit

Velim esset mundus iustus futuis procul et mori.

• andytheadequate 5 Jan 2013 00:32:40 8,133 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Giga track is my favourite ever trials track, although a bitch to platinum.

The last extreme track on the new dlc is very hard too, can understand why some can't complete it
  • booped 8 Jan 2013 10:42:44 282 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    If anyone is interested in a weekly hot lap challenge then some guys over at redlynx are running one.

I warn you the level is insane

http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=77&t=12688
  • Ka-blamo 10 Jan 2013 16:16:11 7,331 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I think I'll give that a miss, I think it should be about time for another EG comp. new dlc is out, a new year etc its all in place. ;)

(its the last time I'll mention it :)
  • The_Athei5t 11 Jan 2013 11:50:58 2 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    These latest extremes are a bit of a bugger arnt they!
  • Nanocrystal 21 Jan 2013 03:57:23 1,013 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I beat booped on a track! Yay! Valley of Despair... not a great time so I'm sure he could grab it back pretty quickly. Chuffed, though. Also sneaked ahead of Ka-blamo in the +DLC rankings.

WotN plat still eludes me, but it will be mine. Soon.
  • Ka-blamo 21 Jan 2013 16:07:35 7,331 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Nice one Nano :)

I've been pretty half arsed with my effort with the DLC, so I don't deserve to have a good ranking +DLC

Back to the attic and magic marker pretty much killed my enthusiasm with the DLCs, Call me a crybaby but I just cannot work out magic marker, or doing the piano bit first time on back to the attic, and I hate leavinv tracks and carrying on its always bugged me and I can't focus 100% on any other tracks on the DLC, those hang over me.

I think my brain is broken.
  • Ka-blamo 21 Jan 2013 17:33:24 7,331 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Just reclaimed top spot(On FL) on all the tracks in 'walk in the park'

/prods booped with a stick
  • booped 21 Jan 2013 21:09:23 282 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Ka-blamo wrote:
    Just reclaimed top spot(On FL) on all the tracks in 'walk in the park'

/prods booped with a stick
    In Italy ATM but will take a look when back ;)
  • Nanocrystal 22 Jan 2013 23:08:45 1,013 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Nanocrystal wrote:
    WotN plat still eludes me, but it will be mine. Soon.
    Fucking did it! :champ:
  • Ka-blamo 23 Jan 2013 08:22:39 7,331 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Awesome work :)
  • Ka-blamo 24 Jan 2013 12:17:16 7,331 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I just had a go at a world record on a track, I thought I'll put a couple hours in and go for it.

I picked 'trouble at t' mill'

I did a nice run with a bad last obstacle which cost me a couple seconds maybe more. But bear in mind the time I set is about 3 seconds off the top time......so I reckon it woulda been a top ten time.

So I spent 4 hours without blinking playing this one track, I think I almost went insane.

It reminded me of that Einstein quote about definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results....or something

Trying for top times is bad for your mental and physical health :) I should stick to and be happy with being a top 1000 rider and not top ten :)

Edited by Ka-blamo at 12:20:04 24-01-2013
  • booped 26 Jan 2013 23:34:41 282 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Ka-blamo don't hurt yourself :-P
  • Ka-blamo 29 Jan 2013 18:20:25 7,331 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Just got top friends list times on 20 of the 24 tracks on Origin of pain.

magic marker is still a C word though, it's a broken track and its for gays.....nothing to do with me not being able to do it o:)
  • Nanocrystal 30 Jan 2013 04:43:09 1,013 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I take a break from this game for a couple days and Ka-blamo somehow surges a full million points ahead of me.

Yeah Magic Marker is the hardest track in the game, no doubt about it. That bit where you have to leap onto the steep slope... I just have no idea. The rest isn't too bad I guess.
  • Page

of 87 First / Last