• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • DrStrangelove 4 Jun 2011 16:56:15 4,029 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Hey,

does anyone else have this problem?

Since yesterday I'm trying to get my two free games. There's the "Welcome back" button in the store, but when I go there, there's no way to get to the games. On the right side (in the list), there's only the PS Plus button, which takes me to current PS+ content, and on the left side, there are three large buttons: one that just says "Welcome back", one with pictures of the five free games to choose from, and another PS+ button. But when I press X on any of them, nothing happens.

PSN seems to know I'm entitled to the gifts, because I do have PS+ access now. But no free games.

I thought maybe due to overwhelming traffic I'm only temporarily blocked, but a friend already downloaded LBP for free, so I'm becoming worried this is only happening to me.

Anyone else?
  • PinkSpider 4 Jun 2011 16:58:45 3,346 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I think it's been hammered with people getting stuff. Just had a go myself and it let me get the free pack thing but now it's just showing no content available.
  • Ford_Assassin 4 Jun 2011 17:06:24 69 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Go into your account download history then down to the bottom service somthing, you can download the games from here
  • Mr-Brett 4 Jun 2011 17:35:57 12,805 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I can't even get into the Store at the moment.

Level 37 Social Justice Warrior

• Apocalipstic 4 Jun 2011 17:42:16 184 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Ford_Assassin wrote:
    Go into your account download history then down to the bottom service somthing, you can download the games from here
    I was having a problem, but followed these instructions and job done! Cheers!
  • bangmon 4 Jun 2011 17:59:21 14 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Go to account management/transaction management/services list/ and you will see the sony freebies in there, thats where i downloaded them with no problem as i could not get them from the store either
  • king26 4 Jun 2011 18:23:57 546 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I've got Wipeout HD and Fury, and the PSN won't let me download a second game. Does the Fury expansion count as my second game?
  • Kosmoz 4 Jun 2011 18:26:43 7,695 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    No, but when you click the Wipeout thing on the WB offers, it should put three things in yr download list, HD, Fury and something thats puts them both together.

Every girl I ever kissed I was thinking of a pro footballer.

• DrStrangelove 4 Jun 2011 18:38:07 4,029 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Ford_Assassin wrote:

That seems to work, thumbs up!
  • DrStrangelove 4 Jun 2011 22:08:04 4,029 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    It did work. Thank you!
  • beastmaster 4 Jun 2011 23:22:12 11,421 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Well, it gave me all kinds of errors when I tried to download Infamous. I'm downloading Ratchet & Clank now. I go back into the store and it just has Playstation + bollicks. Now I just can't get in at all. Try again tomorrow.

Edit: Got Infamous downloading now :-)

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• Dolly 4 Jun 2011 23:24:18 3,225 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Mine's fucked as well, they're not even showing up in the 'Download management' bit. I've just resigned myself that I'll have to do it at 03:00 tonight or sometime in two weeks.
  • PeacockDreams 5 Jun 2011 08:43:22 202 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Since Ratchet n Clank is and has been free to PSPlus for quite some time, i wonder if its possible to pick up two other games from the free games list, then go onto PSPlus and pick up RnC from there aswell
  • redcrayon 5 Jun 2011 09:08:54 4,558 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Finally managed to download Dead Nation (and delete my cancelled CC details) at 2am.

Still can't believe I actually left my details on there for the sake of convenience in the first place, seeing as I've only ever downloaded half a dozen items in the last 2 years.
  • Rodney 5 Jun 2011 09:13:17 1,900 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Iv got the same problem as the OP. I downloaded Burnout Paradise as part of the 1 month free playstation plus deal. This shouldnt count towards my free game quota, should it? I hope not because it expires in 30 days
  • UncleLou Moderator 5 Jun 2011 09:41:30 35,578 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I can confirm that you get 2 games per account. Got Super Stardust HD, Wipeout Fury, Infamous and R&C:QfB now with my German and US account. Not tried the Japanese and UK ones yet.
  • UncleLou Moderator 5 Jun 2011 09:42:19 35,578 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    And this needs repeating/bolding, I guess:

bangmon wrote:
    Go to account management/transaction management/services list/ and you will see the sony freebies in there, thats where i downloaded them with no problem as i could not get them from the store either
  • dutchspeededup 5 Jun 2011 09:45:33 4,392 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    UncleLou wrote:

bangmon wrote:

Does this work for the PSP too?
  • Widge Moderator 5 Jun 2011 09:52:32 13,619 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    PeacockDreams wrote:
    Since Ratchet n Clank is and has been free to PSPlus for quite some time, i wonder if its possible to pick up two other games from the free games list, then go onto PSPlus and pick up RnC from there aswell

Nope, as past + free games are not archived for you to pick up later.

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com

• SYS64738 5 Jun 2011 09:58:06 1,662 posts
    Seen 24 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    UncleLou wrote:

I can confirm that you get 2 games per account. Got Super Stardust HD, Wipeout Fury, Infamous and R&C:QfB now with my German and US account. Not tried the Japanese and UK ones yet.

Yep same here. Unlike on the PSP you dont even have to change accounts to be able to play them which is nice.

PSN: SYS64738_UK

• mobeus 5 Jun 2011 11:14:18 84 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I downloaded Infamous as one of my free games, but it will not let me use my save from the disc version I had??

I would have thought I would be able to, but when I go to load game it says it cannot find any saved games??

Does this mean I will have to start the game again or can I somehow get the downloaded version to use the retail (disc) version save?

Any help would be appreciated. Don't really want to start all over again!!
  • Deleted user 5 June 2011 11:33:37
    you don't want to replay it? can't be that good then! ;P

/replays demon's souls
  • DFawkes 5 Jun 2011 12:22:08 22,987 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    dutchspeededup wrote:
    UncleLou wrote:

bangmon wrote:

Does this work for the PSP too?

Yes it definitely does, that's what I had to do. It was a bit buggy though, I had to keep retrying until it let me in, but eventually it did. Exactly the same steps as you've quoted.

Like a say though, I did have to try a good few times, so don't take no for an answer! Then, once you've started the download, it'll be added to your list of previously downloaded games and you can download it on Media Go if you want - I couldn't download them straight to PSP as it came up with an error after the "Activating..." stage, but by that point it'll be on your download list anyway.

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• Gaol 5 Jun 2011 13:09:40 2,417 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    mobeus wrote:
    I downloaded Infamous as one of my free games, but it will not let me use my save from the disc version I had??

I would have thought I would be able to, but when I go to load game it says it cannot find any saved games??

Does this mean I will have to start the game again or can I somehow get the downloaded version to use the retail (disc) version save?

Any help would be appreciated. Don't really want to start all over again!!

As far as I know, downloaded titles and disc ones have different saves, kind of like the way that saves from different regions are incompatible. It's an unneccesary annoyance for sure.
  • PeacockDreams 5 Jun 2011 14:06:57 202 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Widge wrote:
    PeacockDreams wrote:

Nope, as past + free games are not archived for you to pick up later.

But R&C is still available on PSPlus for free it has been for months and is still in the PSPlus section, so my advice would be to download it from there first, then go to the free games section and download a further two more games. Simple
  • DiamondIce 5 Jun 2011 14:48:44 1,185 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I get the same problem as the OP.

I can see the welcome back icon. When I click it, it goes to the page showing the welcome back game graphic on the left side but when I click the icon it doesn't do anything. No error, nothing. I guess the server is just under immense strain at the moment.

We managed to get the two games off the PSP, though.

FLOPS! RAM!

• varsas 6 Jun 2011 11:27:06 2,403 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    DiamondIce wrote:
    I get the same problem as the OP.
    Have you tried the account management services as noted in the Welcome Back FAQ and in this thread?
  • Carlo 6 Jun 2011 11:29:01 18,063 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    DrStrangelove wrote:
    Ford_Assassin wrote:

That seems to work, thumbs up!
    And another one from me. Shocking download speed, but I'm getting them thanks to this advise

PSN ID: Djini

• varsas 7 Jun 2011 12:33:13 2,403 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I've been able to get 2 PS3 and 2 PSP games for each of PSN accounts so I'm happy :)
  • Page

of 1

Previous Next