Uncharted: Golden Abyss Page 3

• Page

of 13 First / Last

• Deleted user 25 February 2012 10:35:18
    OK, the holding the PSV up to a light source was fucking inspired, gimmicky or not. All the clever touch screen gobbins are old hat when you are used to iPhone gaming but I was genuinely impressed by that.
  • Gregolution 25 Feb 2012 11:29:02 3,164 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Mowgli, I've noticed your posts have changed dramatically in the last 48 hours. Slowly changing from generally negative to positive.

If the vita can impress you, I think it might just have a chance.....:cool:
  • Lexx87 25 Feb 2012 11:31:54 20,869 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I was just about to say that! mowgli has changed, he's...

He's. Well. Happy about something.

Speak the truth hussy!

• Deleted user 25 February 2012 11:34:58
    Yeah I fully 100% expected when I bought it for it to just be 'ooh shinny... bored now' like the 3DS for example. But been playing it non stop.
  • PhoenixFlames 25 Feb 2012 11:45:05 8,899 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @mowgli Same here. On my 4/5 charge so far.

PSN - phoenix1flames

• Gregolution 25 Feb 2012 12:36:31 3,164 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Found one issue. Playing it on hard, but I went back to find some mystery photos on the first chapter after getting to chapter 2. As I was only hunting around, i put it on normal difficulty however - that wipes out my save game on hard and can only continue on normal. Can't start chapter 2 on hard either as you can't start from a chapter if you haven't completed it yet. So time to do chapter 1 for the 3rd time lol

Has anyone figured out how that black market thing works?
  • Mr_Brown 25 Feb 2012 12:50:40 969 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @PhoenixFlames They are, i take back what i said about them. I realised by chapter 7 that it tells you a certain zoom number. Once I noticed this i was getting 100% all the time. My bad!

Its a brilliant game, I'm up to Chapter 20 and was expecting it to end, but it says I'm only 42% done. It truly is a handheld PS3 level game.

Vita: GameOverYeah

• Syrette 25 Feb 2012 14:05:54 43,058 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Gregolution wrote:
    You select a collectible from your collection and send out a request for any collectibles that you don't have. If someone near you has what you want, you trade items (sort of, you keep what you've got).

• waggy79 25 Feb 2012 14:07:59 912 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Was a bit meh about this game at first, but it's a grower. Agree with what a lot are saying though, the touchscreen stuff really isn't needed. The balancing on logs being particularly daft.
    I would've rather they used the time polishing aiming and core gameplay than adding machete swiping touch screen guff.
    I love it despite sounding grumpy though.
  • Gregolution 25 Feb 2012 14:09:40 3,164 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Syrette wrote:
    Gregolution wrote:
    You select a collectible from your collection and send out a request for any collectibles that you don't have. If someone near you has what you want, you trade items (sort of, you keep what you've got).
    Interesting, cheers mate. Quite happy with these odd ball uses of online features. For years online has been solely about adding some sort of MP versus death match thing... refreshing to see some innovation.
  • Syrette 25 Feb 2012 14:14:52 43,058 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    It's actually a really decent idea if you're a completionist or after the collectible trophies.

I'm going to see where I'm at when I've finished my playthrough before deciding whether to bother getting all of the items or not.

• Lexx87 25 Feb 2012 16:58:59 20,869 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Being my first Uncharted game I was pretty sceptical at first.

This is really rather good! Well voices, good music, fun to play. I like it!

Speak the truth hussy!

• steninja 25 Feb 2012 17:17:49 8 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The collectible aspect in this game is kind of encouraging me into holding onto it rather than trading it when i finish the campaign. like the earlier post calling it uncharted: OCD. Reminds me of MGS on ps1 taking all dev team ghost photos. Nostalgiacore.

Having issues with near/black market tho. When i view my own profile on near it has a parcel next to uncharted, when i click it im prompted "you received a trade offer. You have a pending trade offer. hurry to claim this offer in the black market" when for i go to blck market it has 0 for all items and sends me back to near. Which says the same thing and no discoveries. Thinking i may have got the offer in one location but im not checking it until im at another. E.G. Work and home

PSN ID: FRENZIED_SALMON
    PS Vita Games: Uncharted, MotorStorm: RC, Frobisher Says

• Rens11 25 Feb 2012 18:58:44 1,385 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Just completed it been playing it pretty much non stop excellent game if they get rid of the bamboo chopping and the tilt when drake decides to have a wobble at the same point on most bridges and just make drake walk automatically while you balance the vita by tilting instead

Hoping for a sequel!

Dont kid yourself, Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, hed eat you and everyone you care about!

• Sharzam 26 Feb 2012 09:17:19 2,681 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Finally got around to playing a proper amount of this and have to say not a fan.

Its technically good and shows the system well. Its just that I don't feel a full console game feels 'right'. I have enjoyed my time with motor storm a whole lot more for example.

Known as 'Sharzam' in 98.5% of games

• Pinky_Floyd 26 Feb 2012 16:00:41 7,343 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Lexx87 wrote:

Try 2, its wonderful.
  • dominalien 26 Feb 2012 16:18:56 6,821 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Just received a fetish from Pinky_Floyd. I wonder what (if anything) he got in return.

Noticed there's an expiry time on trades, maybe that's your problem, steninja?,

PSN: DonOsito

• mrpon 26 Feb 2012 16:37:30 28,411 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'd rate all of them 9+ tbh. I'm halfway thru 3 and loving it. Can't wait to get my chops into this.

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• RyanDS 26 Feb 2012 16:58:27 9,050 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    For me so far: (in the order I played)

Uncharted 2: 10/10 one of my favourite games ever
    Uncharted: 5/10 - Too much gunplay, very frustrating and generally should never be played after 2.
    Uncharted 3: 9/10 - great, but the lack of story makes it not reach classic status.
    Uncharted Vita: 10/10 so far (chapter 20) Love the puzzling, the story and the gameplay.
  • el_pollo_diablo 26 Feb 2012 17:00:32 2,064 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Uncharted - 8/10
    Uncharted 2 - 10/10
    Uncharted 3 - 7/10
    Uncharted Vita - 7/10 so far

Edited by el_pollo_diablo at 17:02:02 26-02-2012
  • Mr_Brown 26 Feb 2012 19:27:08 969 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Uncharted - 8/10 - Went in with expectations and loved it. Probably went on a little longer than it should but a great experience.

Uncharted 2 10/10- So far one of the best games of this generation.

Uncharted Golden Abyss - 8/10 - Great graphcs and story and controls extremely well. Let down ill fitting and uneeded mini games. They work well enough but just break the excellent uncharted gameplay.

Still haven't played Uncharted 3 want to finish 2 first!

Vita: GameOverYeah

• Progguitarist 26 Feb 2012 19:36:49 10,399 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Pinky_Floyd wrote:
    Lexx87 wrote:

Try 2, its wonderful.
    what's there to be sceptical of? Its a highly regarded series. Its not like you'd be buying an unknown quantity.
  • INSOMANiAC 27 Feb 2012 02:35:08 3,829 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    dominalien wrote:
    Just received a fetish from Pinky_Floyd. I wonder what (if anything) he got in return.

What kind of fetish ? Dogs pissing on grandmas ? Nuns covering balloons in jelly ?

I'm genuinely interested.

Steam - iN5OMANiAC
    PSN - iN5OMANiCAL

• Lexx87 27 Feb 2012 08:02:17 20,869 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Progguitarist wrote:
    Pinky_Floyd wrote:
    Lexx87 wrote:

Try 2, its wonderful.
    what's there to be sceptical of? Its a highly regarded series. Its not like you'd be buying an unknown quantity.
    Of it being a full fat console game on the go, including all the 'touch' gubbins. Works rather well though!

Speak the truth hussy!

• Pinky_Floyd 27 Feb 2012 08:21:41 7,343 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    INSOMANiAC wrote:
    dominalien wrote:

What kind of fetish ? Dogs pissing on grandmas ? Nuns covering balloons in jelly ?

I'm genuinely interested.
    So am I considering I sent it!
  • dominalien 27 Feb 2012 08:36:47 6,821 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Nothing so interesting, unfortunately. Although now it turns out there's an entire page of fetishes, which so far hasn't even appeared in my journal (only accessible from the Black Market). I wonder if I'll have to fill it to get the plat.

PSN: DonOsito

• ElNino9 27 Feb 2012 15:28:44 13,285 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Got properly stuck into this last night, now up to chapter 15. It really is excellent, a proper Uncharted game. It may not look as good as Uncharted 2 or 3, but it looks better some home console games. Up there, bar the average fire effects, with the first Uncharted. Incredible achievement.

Hated, adored, never ignored.

• Pinky_Floyd 27 Feb 2012 17:14:20 7,343 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    dominalien wrote:
    Nothing so interesting, unfortunately. Although now it turns out there's an entire page of fetishes, which so far hasn't even appeared in my journal (only accessible from the Black Market). I wonder if I'll have to fill it to get the plat.
    Forgive me but I'm still trying to get to grips with this. Does this mean that we must have been within a couple of miles of each other for the trade to initiate?
  • Syrette 27 Feb 2012 17:48:05 43,058 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I believe there are Near-only items you have to collect too, not sure how it works.

• Fake_Blood 27 Feb 2012 17:59:29 4,050 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Is the actual game better than the psn demo??
    Coz I played that and kept getting killed in the sniper section where you are protecting that chick.
  • Page

of 13 First / Last