iMovie help (mp4 importing)

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • NOSAVIOUR 26 May 2011 10:52:25 2,804 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I have an mp4 file I want to import into iMovie but everytime I do it only imports the sound and no image. ANyone know a way around this or some free mp4 to dv (i'm guessing) convertor that will help me import it ok.

CHeers
  • speedofthepuma 26 May 2011 11:18:53 13,293 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Miro would do it I presume?

I lurk. If I've spoken to you, I'm either impassioned, or drunk.

• Physically_Insane 26 May 2011 11:37:24 8,936 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    On a sort of related note; why do pictures look so fugly when you import them into iMovie?
  • Zerobob 27 May 2011 15:10:05 1,606 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    A colleague of mine is having a bit of a 'mare with iMovie, and not being a Mac user I don't really know how to help him.

He has a video and simply wishes to overlay a PNG or JPG image on top of it in the top corner. However, when he imports a PNG it just displays as a mess of what could only be described as random black smudges and totally messes the image up. I found this potential fix for the problem but it doesn't work.

Also, when trying to import a JPG the image will display properly, but there are massive black areas above and below it, as if it's not being cropped properly.

If anyone who uses iMovie knows how to do such a seemingly simple thing your help would be much appreciated. Thanks.
  • Deleted user 27 May 2011 15:12:02
    Tried renaming the extension to m4v?
  • Zerobob 27 May 2011 15:15:17 1,606 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    The problem occurs within the program while creating the movie. I assume the problem will carry over to the exported movie regardless of it's file type.
  • Page

of 1

Previous Next