ARMA 3 Page 8

• Page

of 18 First / Last

• BillMurray 11 Mar 2013 13:23:14 7,905 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    magicpanda wrote:
    Can you use missions made in the editor in multiplayer at the moment?
    There's already a fair old number of missions folks have uploaded onto armaholic.com.
  • magicpanda 11 Mar 2013 14:06:28 13,474 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I spend most of my time in the editor blowing shit up and making missions.
  • Tiger_Walts 11 Mar 2013 18:04:23 16,629 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    My first proper mission.

SP-CO5 Gone in 40
    Mission Editor Folder If you want to tinker. Extract to: %My Documents%\Arma 3 Alpha - Other Profiles\%ProfileName%\missions

It's a stealth raid, you can completely ghost it solo quite easily if you watch the patrols. Make your presence known and the AI is pretty damn good at sweeping out and finding you with their amazing alert-o-vision.

There are things to add and fix. I couldn't get explosives to go into vehicle cargo, but could get them into ammo crates. I've been pulling my hair out and my only conclusion is that it's a bug and you can't add 'Put' class 'Magazines' into vehicles. It just means that the target vehicles are empty and although 180 anti-personnel land mines would be interesting to play with, it's not vital for the mission.

I'd like to add player-count dynamic difficulty, in both AI level and enemy count. I also want a 'popcorn' script (Akin to what ACE2 adds) that you can call in a vehicle init and when the vehicle dies it counts up the in-cargo munitions and fuel and detonates it pseudo-randomly wrt time across a bell curve. maybe even add some nice particles. That way a vehicle loaded with ammo and explosives would make a ton of noise over a period of time with a major flare up or two.

Might also add a script to watch if your boat spends too much time near the wave crests close to shore and then trigger an enemy response. That way you are encouraged to surf the wave troughs coming in.

Feedback is welcomed. Not tested in MP yet, the add to cargo functions should only run on the server and get synced to clients, but it's not been tested.

Edited by Tiger_Walts at 18:09:52 11-03-2013

IT Monkey and StickyPiston Minecraft Hosting Support

• Dirtbox 11 Mar 2013 18:32:31 79,181 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I'll give it a whirl. There are loads of bugs when loading crates and cargo with stuff so I wouldn't go too mad about it.

Edit: Daft question - how do you get it to load custom missions?

Edited by Dirtbox at 18:35:56 11-03-2013

+1 / Like / Tweet this post

• Tiger_Walts 11 Mar 2013 19:03:46 16,629 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    There is no way to play SP missions (or at least no easy way). You'll have to create a multiplayer game and run it from there. Put the PBO file in:

%Arma 3%\MPMissions

If you want to run through solo, then disable the AI. They are a liability on stealth missions.

Also note, there's an old Arma 2 inventory bug that eats items. If you try to pick up an item that you do not have room for, it will disappear. I suggest click-dragging rather than r-clicking to pick up. When you click-drag, containers with insufficient space are highlighted red.

Edited by Tiger_Walts at 19:07:10 11-03-2013

• Dirtbox 11 Mar 2013 20:04:32 79,181 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Cheers, that was the ticket.

It's a good mission, it's also quite hard to tackle head on.

+1 / Like / Tweet this post

• INSOMANiAC 11 Mar 2013 23:39:30 3,842 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Well that was.... Interesting .... Playing a team death match and suddenly became a seagull ....

Steam - iN5OMANiAC
    PSN - iN5OMANiCAL

• BillMurray 12 Mar 2013 00:45:14 7,905 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    That's kinda like a spectate mode, if I recall correctly. You must have been playing a TDM match with no respawn.
  • HitchHiker 12 Mar 2013 06:23:17 2,788 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    The 4 single player shows are hard. Only managed to do the first one. The AI is far too good at spotting you at the moment which kind of spoils it but otherwise it's very promising. Bearing in mind that this is just Alpha, I'm enjoying it.
  • BillMurray 13 Mar 2013 14:23:31 7,905 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    urban wrote:
    @BillMurray Oh it's a box of 4gb, as for make and speed I'd have to check tomorrow.
    Any luck?
  • urban 13 Mar 2013 18:04:54 11,067 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @BillMurray Oh yeah ha! I got in on Monday to an email from my boss instructing me to 'begin the roll out of 24gb to all work stations'

It'll be a week or two before I know if we've got any spare.

Will have heaps of 2gb sticks at the end of it if that's any use?
  • BillMurray 13 Mar 2013 21:54:29 7,905 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @urban RAM in any form will be welcome!
  • Tiger_Walts 14 Mar 2013 01:44:34 16,629 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Wheeeeee, I made a mod. It's a simple mod that makes copies of the NLAW and the NLAW rocket. It then makes the new rocket capable of tracking Air targets and the new NLAW is able to fire both the AT and the AA rockets.

Not releasing it as it is a silly mod and I should actually be able to make a script that puts it into a mission as it's simply a config.cpp file and nothing else. I've just not figured out how yet.

• urban 14 Mar 2013 08:56:10 11,067 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @BillMurray How skint are you!? haha
  • BillMurray 14 Mar 2013 11:10:20 7,905 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    urban wrote:
    @BillMurray How skint are you!? haha
    I'm probably a bit skint for the next week. The ill still be skint but not quite so much! Does that make any sense?
  • aeschylus 14 Mar 2013 14:47:20 446 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    ok, I need help, new player to the series, and I am like a lost sheep....

not very welcoming for new players is it :)

any tips?

Also when I did a MP map, I started god knows where, with only a pistol, is that right?
  • Tiger_Walts 14 Mar 2013 15:31:26 16,629 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    aeschylus wrote:
    Also when I did a MP map, I started god knows where, with only a pistol, is that right?
    Arma is infinitely mod-able and the editor - in conjunction with the powerful scripting language - means almost anything is possible. So my answer is 'yes?'.

The real question is, which MP map were you playing and can you find any documentation online about that mission?

If in doubt, the first thing to do is hit 'M' to bring up the map. At the top will be a bunch of stuff you can click on, look for 'Briefing'. Any mission maker worth their salt will put all the info you need in there.

As for tips...

- It's not COD, so don't think you can run and gun all the time
    - Cover > concealment > running around in the open
    - The stock AI is ruthless and while your body armour can eat a few rounds, one good hit will kill you
    - There are about 33 individual stances you can now adopt (including leaning). Use them to minimise your exposed profile
    Standing High (plus lean each way)
    Standing (plus side-step and lean each way)
    Standing Low (plus lean each way)
    Crouching High (plus lean each way)
    Crouching (plus side-step and lean each way)
    Crouching Low (plus lean each way)
    Prone High
    Prone
    Prone Low
    -'Z' Toggles Prone, 'X' Toggles Crouch/Standing. Ctrl+W raises stance, Ctrl+S lowers stance. Ctrl+A side-steps left. Ctrl+D side-steps right. Q and E will make you lean.
    - The 3D reticule now properly indicates where your weapon is pointed. Use it to make sure you aren't going to hit window frames and low walls
    - Pressing 'C' while crouching or standing will put you into combat movement. Your weapon will remain shouldered when you run, only sprinting will lower your weapon
    - Tap R-Click to use sights, hold R-Click to zoom. Ctrl+R-Click to switch between sights on a weapon
    - Only sprint when you are in danger of being shot
    - 'G' is bound to grenades. 'I' is bound to inventory. Left side of the inventory is the thing you are looting (Man, crate, vehicle, ground). The rest is your stuff. R-Click will move stuff from one side to the other. However, there is a bug that eats items if the target has insufficient space (it's supposed to drop onto the ground but doesn't always). Use Click-drag to move larger items to prevent this.

Edited by Tiger_Walts at 15:35:50 14-03-2013

• urban 14 Mar 2013 16:59:34 11,067 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @aeschylus Sounds like you were playing Wasteland
  • magicpanda 14 Mar 2013 17:16:10 13,474 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Alpha invites are in Steam inventory now.

Edited by magicpanda at 17:16:23 14-03-2013
  • PearOfAnguish 14 Mar 2013 18:17:25 7,495 posts
    Seen 7 seconds ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yeah, I've got 3 invites too.

Finding it hard as ever to survive long when the enemy are around, they're fucking impossible to spot against the scenery.
  • Apollo 14 Mar 2013 19:03:42 523 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Any of you nice peeps got an invite to spare? Not ready to make a commitment to purchase, as I will have to up-date my rig first. My current set up will just about run it.
  • Khanivor 14 Mar 2013 19:31:41 41,259 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I'd be interested in giving it a whirl if anyone could oblige.
  • Tiger_Walts 14 Mar 2013 19:33:22 16,629 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I said I wouldn't release it, but here it is anyway.

@Tiger_NLAW_ATAA_F

Prefixed the mod and classes with my name just in case another mod adds the same thing (Or BIS put it in) and there be conflicts. Instructions in the zip.

• PearOfAnguish 14 Mar 2013 19:46:49 7,495 posts
    Seen 7 seconds ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Khani and Apollo, you can have one of my invites, but you'll need to add me on Steam. ID is Pear of Anguish or find me in the EG group.
  • Rusty_M 14 Mar 2013 19:58:19 4,920 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Got a couple of invites. Let me know if needed.

The world is going mad. Me? I'm doing fine.
    http://www.twitch.tv/rusty_the_robot
    http://twitter.com/Rusty_The_Robot

• magicpanda 14 Mar 2013 20:43:03 13,474 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Khanivor

Done.
  • richardiox 14 Mar 2013 20:45:52 5,734 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Rusty_M wrote:
    Got a couple of invites. Let me know if needed.
    PM'd you mate
  • superdelphinus 14 Mar 2013 21:10:25 8,126 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Can I has an invite plz :)
  • MMMarmite 14 Mar 2013 22:01:28 1,108 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I too have 3 invites if anyone wants one, SteamID is MMMarmite
  • Khanivor 14 Mar 2013 22:36:51 41,259 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 13 years ago