If dreams came true. Games you'd like to see developed...

• Page

of 6 First / Last

Previous
  • RelaxedMikki 13 May 2011 23:01:16 927 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    OK. Bit of weekend fun.

If dreams came true and you could have any game idea you wanted put into development, what would it be?

I have two to start off>>

1. Bladerunner meets LA Noire futuristic detective game using voice recognition and 'chat-bot' technology. Rather than being pre-scripted, each interrogation will be calculated in response to what you say into your microphone.

2. Brutal Legend II. Basically this will be Psychonauts in the Brutal Legend universe (dump all that real-time-strategy rubbish, please). Must have a trippy section where a pixie-fairy-mushroom-botherer pulls Eddie into a psychedelic parallel universe full of 60s tunes and sandal-wearing beatniks.

Feel free to shoot me down in flames. God knows, I deserve it...!

EDIT: Spelling, predictably
  • Deleted user 13 May 2011 23:03:45
    I really like your first idea, sounds awesome.

Mine would be for the true Monkey Island 3 to be made.
  • megastar 13 May 2011 23:04:50 17,176 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    If dreams came true- i'd be too busy with megan fox, kelly brook and jessica alba to be playin games!!

Knowhamsaaaayin????

/holds hand out for high five
  • Tabasco 13 May 2011 23:07:08 5,780 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    /internethighfive
  • Deleted user 13 May 2011 23:07:21
    megastar wrote:
    If dreams came true- i'd be too busy with megan fox, kelly brook and jessica alba to be playin games!!

Knowhamsaaaayin????

That you like to overcompensate for your sexual confusion on internet forums?
  • ScoutTech 13 May 2011 23:07:33 2,424 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    For them to finish BC!
  • Yossarian 13 May 2011 23:07:34 8,401 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Condemned 3.

Reboot. Less combat, more fear. Closer to something like Amnesia than, say, Condemned 2.

Cormac McCarthy rip. You investigate serial killers and cannibals in the deep south. Proper detective sections. No supernatural bullshit.

Ship it.
  • Yossarian 13 May 2011 23:08:38 8,401 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Thief 4.

It's like Thief 1 and 2 but with today's technology and no compromises.

That's the whole design doc.

Ship it.
  • Deleted user 13 May 2011 23:09:01
    The bear section> all of what you just said
  • Deleted user 13 May 2011 23:09:58
    Mortal Kombat vs Streetfighter

But set in the Mortal kombat universe

It has to happen.
  • Yossarian 13 May 2011 23:10:52 8,401 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    iHAZaCHEEZ3burger wrote:
    The bear section> all of what you just said
    It's just a long scripted section. Verges on being a QTE. Zzzzzzz.

Condemned 2 is such a heap of shit.
  • Deleted user 13 May 2011 23:10:52
    I would love a star wars lightsaber beat em up made by Namco in the style of Soul Calibur.

How fucking awesome would that be
  • bad09 13 May 2011 23:10:53 5,783 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    1. A Star Wars beat 'em up, I know they already did one but it was poo! I'd take the same idea of having both weapon and hand to hand combat though.

2. G-Police 3. Seriously Sony killed any hope of this by buying Psygnosis they need to make it right!

3. Has to be Shenmue 3!

EDIT - Woah espibara read my mind! Also Condemned 3 is a good shout Yossarian as long as it's a direct sequel to 1 completely forgetting that turd of a sequel!

• UncleLou Moderator 13 May 2011 23:14:06 35,506 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I'll keep it humble. At least the second would be doable.

1. A real-time history sim. Starting with the stone age, ending in the future. When you zoom out, it looks like Civ. When you zoom in, it looks like Sim City/Age of Empires. Infinitely detailed and complex, but perfectly playable due to the best UI known to man. :)

2. A survival sim/RPG. Think Lost in Blue with the engine and scale of Arma 2. Hunt, build a hut, explore.
  • Yossarian 13 May 2011 23:14:15 8,401 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    An RPG set in the Old West (think Deadwood).

You control a 'party' of two characters, an old man and the boy he is training. The boy starts out with no abilities and gains them, in the manner of a conventional RPG. The old man starts out with all his abilities, but at each level has to remove talents and skill points, meaning he becomes more feeble as the boy grows more powerful, and you have to manage his decline as well as possible. The main 'moral' decision you make is at what point you jettison the old-timer and forge your own path.

Working title: No Constitution Bonuses for Old Men.

Ship it.
  • RabidChild 13 May 2011 23:14:19 2,292 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Boringly, my answer is Half Life 3.

Geekily (or, rather, more geekily) my answer is a faithful warhammer/necromunda game, with fully customisable campaigns/level design/scenario design.

EDIT: oh, and the other game I want is a true zombie survival mmorpg - if you die, you die, and have to start a new character.
  • Deleted user 13 May 2011 23:14:48
    Yossarian wrote:

iHAZaCHEEZ3burger wrote:
    The bear section> all of what you ust said
    It's just a long scripted section. Verges on being a QTE. Zzzzzzz.

Condemned 2 is such a heap of shit.
    It wasn't as good as the first but the bear section was awesome.

The deep south is a good choice though. You could still have the supernatural elements but not batshit crazy like the last 2, more to do with vodoo or black magic. I didn't mind the supernatural theme too much though, they just pushed it too far in th 2nd. Those tar monsters can fuck off.
  • RelaxedMikki 13 May 2011 23:15:35 927 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Man, if dreams came true I'd last about ten minutes with

megan fox, kelly brook and jessica alba

(And seven of those minutes would be awkward 'Are we going to get down to it now, if it's ok with you and everything?' conversational fumblings)

I'd need some games to play in the other 23 hours and 50 minutes of the day.

I like Cormac McCarthy idea. I have never played Theif - want to though. Once saw a copy pre-owned in Blockbuster and stupidly thought 'I will pick it up tomorrow'

• Yossarian 13 May 2011 23:17:26 8,401 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I would also like a Frictional game in a real-world, modern-day setting (somewhere institutional, a mental hospital or something).

Make the 'ruleset' of how enemies spawn and disappear less transparent, so it doesn't become funny rather than scary by the end.

Ship it.
  • megastar 13 May 2011 23:21:03 17,176 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Aargh. wrote:
    megastar wrote:

Knowhamsaaaayin????

That you like to overcompensate for your sexual confusion on internet forums?

Damn! You got me Bro!!

You should use those skillz to solve crimes n' shit yo!!
  • RelaxedMikki 13 May 2011 23:21:41 927 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    No Constitution Bonuses for Old Men. That cracks me up.

Don't know if it has been mentioned before, but a 'Star Wars meets Elite meets GTA' could work? Han Solo-ing it up around the universe, ragging around in Land-speeders and space-ships, trading spice and guns...

• Yossarian 13 May 2011 23:22:39 8,401 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    RabidChild wrote:
    Boringly, my answer is Half Life 3.

Geekily (or, rather, more geekily) my answer is a faithful warhammer/necromunda game, with fully customisable campaigns/level design/scenario design.

EDIT: oh, and the other game I want is a true zombie survival mmorpg - if you die, you die, and have to start a new character.
    I would play a very well-executed Necromunda game. A bad one would be really bad, though.

Also I would play a zombie survival MMORPG, but only if it was super hardcore and required you to, like, scavenge for food and water and stuff.

It would be cool if the economy and 'guild' systems were completely freeform and basically an experiment in how players would or wouldn't choose to cooperate and share resources.
  • LionheartDJH 13 May 2011 23:22:45 19,388 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Shenmue 3.

Use the power of the current gen consoles to recreate a city like never seen before. Have some of it set in a major Chinese city, say Shanghai, but have the ultimate showdown back in Japan, ideally Tokyo. Use the mo-cap face stuff from LA Noire to bring the characters fully to life. Make the QTEs more advanced and have them blend seamlessly with the standard gameplay, same for combat. Have the VA accurately reflect the locations of the story, so Chinese and Japanese with English subs. Introduce customisation options, so let Ryo finally change those clothes he's been wearing for months. Have it so Ryo can examine and use items in real time and in game, rather than in the inventory screen. Let the player choose how to approach situations, not with moral choices, but like 'which way should we break into this building? Who should we approach for information regarding so and so?' etc.

And most importantly, just finish the damn story!

She dives for cheese pasties

• Deleted user 13 May 2011 23:23:04
    Star wars adventure game like the old Indiana Jones.
  • Spunkweazle 13 May 2011 23:24:06 470 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    a remake of g-police using the current gen tech it was obviously intended for.

http://www.scottyslittlesoldiers.co.uk/
    dedicated to supporting the children of men and women killed while serving with the British Armed Forces.

• Deleted user 13 May 2011 23:24:26
    You forgot to add sailors lionheart.

Fail.
  • LionheartDJH 13 May 2011 23:25:17 19,388 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    iHAZaCHEEZ3burger wrote:
    You forgot to add sailors lionheart.

Fail.

Dammit /o\

Do you happen to know where I can find any?

She dives for cheese pasties

• andywilkie35 13 May 2011 23:26:06 5,338 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Knights of the Old Republic 3

PSN ID & Xbox Gamertag: Wedjwants

• Page

of 6 First / Last

Previous