Charlie Brooker's Black Mirror Page 11

• Page

of 11 First / Last

Next
  • graysonavich 18 Feb 2013 23:04:59 7,343 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Ashwood wrote:
    Yeah, enjoyed that. Love that Irish actor, can't remember his name, good to see him back on the box.
    Tyres!
  • Restart 18 Feb 2013 23:10:29 4,719 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    That young girl who accompanied the main character was a shocking actor. Her delivery was absolutely appalling.

That idea appeared to basically be Big Brother crossed with The Running Man, with maybe a hint of Manhunt. I kind of liked the idea at first, but then I thought that it was kind of pointless, as why bother with all that effort to terrorise a convinced criminal when they don't even remember it each time? Yes, it's sort of justice for the general public, but they appeared to put on exactly the same show every day, so it would get rather boring quite quickly.
  • Ka-blamo 18 Feb 2013 23:26:24 7,349 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    All the points you made did cross my mind while I was watching. Every single one.

But I loved it.
  • RichieTenenbaum 18 Feb 2013 23:55:13 2,209 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    But that's the point. She has to relive the same day over and over and over.

I thought it was the best thing that's been on TV for ages.
  • Whizzo 18 Feb 2013 23:59:05 43,121 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Well that wasn't at all contrived, not impressed.

This space left intentionally blank.

• mal 19 Feb 2013 00:55:35 22,525 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Meh, I thought it was alright. The twist was a bit obvious, and it was basically a one-trick film. Script wasn't nearly as good as last weeks, but I think the performances were good enough. Only complaint is Michael Smiley (tyres) who has done so many bad guy performances now, that was practically by the numbers.

To be honest the most offensive thing about that is that the supporting actress appears to have been named Tuppence Middleton. Fucking middle class parents.

Cubby didn't know how to turn off sigs!

• Kafeen 19 Feb 2013 06:28:31 554 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    graysonavich wrote:
    Ashwood wrote:
    Yeah, enjoyed that. Love that Irish actor, can't remember his name, good to see him back on the box.
    Tyres!
    Thanks, I knew I recognised him from somewhere.
  • kinky_mong 19 Feb 2013 11:23:22 10,271 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Loved this episode, definitely had a more satisfying ending than last weeks.

All the eurogamers who actually play with each other on xbl rather than just post pseudointellectual pc handwringing bollocks on the forums, love the shit out of biggy.

• sport 19 Feb 2013 11:31:25 12,713 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I dunno, I've enjoyed all the Black Mirrors including last night, but wasn't completely taken in by the last. Nice to see Shyamalan have a crack at TV though.
  • Ka-blamo 19 Feb 2013 11:41:50 7,349 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Next week's looks like it could trump the previous 2 eps, teasers always look better but I have high hopes.
  • FogHeart 19 Feb 2013 11:51:06 946 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    You know what was the sickest joke in that episode? Seeing the Endemol logo at the end.
  • BinaryBob101 20 Feb 2013 16:11:05 22,904 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    sport wrote:
    I dunno, I've enjoyed all the Black Mirrors including last night, but wasn't completely taken in by the last. Nice to see Shyamalan have a crack at TV though.
    This really, I'm not sure if I loved, or hated it, which I'm pretty sure is the reaction Brooker wants to elicit from the audience from Black Mirror. In that respect, I guess it was successful.

The Grumpy Vaper

• Humperfunk 25 Feb 2013 22:38:34 2,241 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    BT advert guy is good in this

PSN, XBL & NNID: Wedjwants

• Deleted user 25 February 2013 22:43:02
    Yup, those painfully shit ads will end after this I'd imagine.
  • Humperfunk 25 Feb 2013 22:44:11 2,241 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Looks much better with a haircut too, like a young Edward Izzard.

• FogHeart 25 Feb 2013 23:03:52 946 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Most interesting of the bunch, but it felt like it was cramming too much into an hour. This could have had an extra half hour including breaks. End credits thing was too far fetched - we're all very fickle, and Waldo would have been ditched for a different character after people were used to him, who in turn would have been ditched after a while, and so on.
  • ZuluHero 25 Feb 2013 23:04:07 4,142 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Enjoyed that. Missed the end bit, did Waldo win the by election?
  • consignia 25 Feb 2013 23:09:20 1,433 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    ZuluHero wrote:
    No, but he did take over the world. I'm not joking.
  • Humperfunk 25 Feb 2013 23:10:05 2,241 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    ZuluHero wrote:
    Ah man you missed some proper fucked up shit after that - he won the by election and then climbed out of the screen and became a real bear who goes on to rule the world with an iron paw.

• ZuluHero 25 Feb 2013 23:31:58 4,142 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Heh, no I just looked away for a sec. I heard the vote count and thought he had the highest but they still awarded the seat to the Tory?

EDIT ah no.. 16k for waldo and 19k for Monroe.

Edited by ZuluHero at 01:14:47 26-02-2013
  • Pumpatron 25 Feb 2013 23:33:45 374 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I thought this last one was the weakest of the 3, still enjoyed it though.

Overall I think series one was better.
  • Scimarad 26 Feb 2013 00:09:49 8,546 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I enjoyed that (especially the end credits bit!) but I can't honestly see what the appeal of that character would be. He was just embarrassing, really.
  • MightyMetalMonkey 26 Feb 2013 14:58:52 600 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It was very much Big Brother = Little Blue Bear that says "Fsk You!"
  • Concrete 26 Feb 2013 15:44:52 581 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I thought it was mimicking the rise of Hitler? A guy with a funny tash who stood up in beer halls shouting crazy ideas and somehow managed to appeal to a disaffected group of individuals. Who then through playing outside of established political system and using a fair amount of violence managed to crush dissent/the sane majority and take control of a country, then did his best to take over the world (ala the ending). Hence the warplanes with Waldo's face, referring to the ludicrousness of a symbol of peace being stamped on war machines etc. Either that or I had been reading into it too much :D
  • sport 26 Feb 2013 16:23:29 12,713 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Concrete wrote:
    I thought it was mimicking the rise of Hitler? A guy with a funny tash who stood up in beer halls shouting crazy ideas and somehow managed to appeal to a disaffected group of individuals. Who then through playing outside of established political system and using a fair amount of violence managed to crush dissent/the sane majority and take control of a country, then did his best to take over the world (ala the ending). Hence the warplanes with Waldo's face, referring to the ludicrousness of a symbol of peace being stamped on war machines etc. Either that or I had been reading into it too much :D
    Fuck off Brooker! Stop trying to explain your shows in here ;-P
  • ZuluHero 26 Feb 2013 21:14:50 4,142 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah good analogy Concrete. I also thought it hit very close to home with its parallels to current politics, such as the current lib-dem scandel and comedian Beppe Grillo doing what he is doing in Italy with all his anti-politic's party atm.

Personally we're all doomed and will one day have to welcome our supreme turquoise cock bear overlord whether we like it or not.

Edited by ZuluHero at 21:15:08 26-02-2013
  • Deleted user 26 February 2013 21:19:21
    Loved the first 5 episodes, but thought the final episode's modern-day take on politics was at odds with the near-future of the previous episodes. The fact that the credits acknowledged this was an idea formed originally for Nathan Barley said a lot.
  • Page

of 11 First / Last

Next