Borderlands 2 Page 3

• Page

of 153 First / Last

• Tomo 3 Aug 2011 13:40:04 13,879 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Blerk wrote:
    See here instead!

Edit: Shit, are those mechs in the background?

Also: dual-wielding!
  • pinebear 3 Aug 2011 13:40:19 8,565 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Clap-mechs maybe.
    Further back - flying vehicles.
    Further back and up ---- a halo??

I'm setting my expectations for "difficult second album" but am quite, quite willing to have them surpassed.

• Blerk Moderator 3 Aug 2011 13:44:31 48,225 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    They do look Clap-esque, yeah!

Thread needs to lose the 'Borderworlds' bit, I guess.
  • brseg 3 Aug 2011 13:52:33 679 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Awesome news. Shame it could still be a year away :( But, if they're demoing it at pax etc, hopefully its a decent way into development.

Tbh, I think an evolution of the original idea is all that is needed - I loved the original so much, just more new borderlands is fine with me. From the press release, it sounds like that is the approach theyre taking.
  • Matt_B 3 Aug 2011 14:04:02 444 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Dual-wielding will be so much fun, think how much lead you could lay down if you had double Double Anarchies. Also that triple barrel looks cool.

I can't wait to hear what improvements they have made to the engine/gameplay.

• brseg 3 Aug 2011 14:11:48 679 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I dont think seeing that image with 2 guns necessarily implies dual-wielding (any more than we could switch between the 4 weapons originally).

how would you look down the sights when dual-wielding?
  • Matt_B 3 Aug 2011 14:18:00 444 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I doubt that every character can dual wield, it would be overpowering if the guns are BL1 powerful. That picture might be a new tank character and his special ability happens to be dual wielding firing from the hip with improved accuracy and reduced movement...
  • Ultrasoundwave 3 Aug 2011 14:24:41 3,267 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    brseg wrote:
    Awesome news. Shame it could still be a year away :( But, if they're demoing it at pax etc, hopefully its a decent way into development.

Gearbox have been quiet for a while development-wise. By the looks of it, they didnt do much to Duke Nukem Forever and the last things they would have worked on would have been the Borderlands DLC.

I wouldnt be surprised if Borderlands 2 is quite close to being finished, and their probably going to give themselves 6 months or so just to polish it up.

"The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

• Blerk Moderator 3 Aug 2011 14:28:12 48,225 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    They're also working on Aliens: Colonial Marines and the new Brothers In Arms game. They've got at least three projects on the go and have had for some time, it would appear. And that's not including Duke.
  • pinebear 3 Aug 2011 14:49:39 8,565 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Let's not mention Duke.

• Deleted user 3 August 2011 14:52:21
    I think Duke was finished, they just patched it up and had it released. They have another two projects rumoured to be in development as well.
  • robthehermit 3 Aug 2011 15:09:02 3,982 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'll be getting me some of that. Will probably end up waiting for the game of the year edition though, not enough money these days to spend on DLC, even though if the first game was anything to go by, it will mostly all be awesome.

GT: robthehermit

Velim esset mundus iustus futuis procul et mori.

• Ged42 3 Aug 2011 15:39:47 7,701 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Well I hope they don't ruin it, like I did ya mom's girl parts.
  • Matt_B 3 Aug 2011 15:43:49 444 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    pinebear wrote:
    Let's not mention Duke.

Unless he is a half Claptrap boss and I get to kill him.
  • RedSparrows 3 Aug 2011 15:45:52 22,063 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Needs MUCH better quest/xp pacing, more loot variety - no, a trillion guns is not that interesting - better boss/loot linkup, be harder and more varied. Prob be good anyway.
  • pinebear 3 Aug 2011 15:55:14 8,565 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Matt_B wrote:
    pinebear wrote:
    Let's not mention Duke.

Unless he is a half Claptrap boss and I get to kill him.

\|^^|/

edit - I liked this GBX BL forum comment on the subject of possible player characters: "Rolands twin evil brother Dnalor as the soldier. Commandant Steel as the siren..wait she died twice how is she back? Last but not least bloodwing as the sniper using his pet mordecai to attack foes. "

• fragglerocks 3 Aug 2011 17:12:14 302 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Oooh this looks good.
    Not sure about the "all-new characters", I really enjoyed playing Lilith (with the exception of all her grunting!) so I hope there is another Siren-type character.
  • Nehmis 3 Aug 2011 17:41:15 688 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I'd hope they keep the amount of guns but increase the variety at the same time + more customisation of the characters.I like how colourful the GI Cover looks. Hopefully will translate into the game. New characters would be cool. Weird at first, but cool.

Wonder if we'll get to go off planet. More importantly, can I wait for the GOTY edition? T_T
  • ecureuil 6 Aug 2011 19:48:48 76,525 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The first bit of Borderlands 2 details have come out of the latest issue of Game Informer.

Co-op will stick to four players, the magazine hints. A new set of protagonists will star, with the four characters from the first game becoming non-playable characters. The bearded dwarf fellow (above) is Salvador, the Gunzerker. His special ability allows him to dual-wield any weapon. You’ll take on dynamic story missions; for example, during a rescue mission, if you take too long and fail to arrive on time, the story will shape to your failure.

A new element, known as Eridium, has been added. While it’s not a weapon, it can be applied to other elements, such as guns or vehicle, to improve their stats. It’s also used as a form of currency.

Enemies will take on a much more varied form. AI’s been greatly improved. Bandits can access their own type of weaponry. Enemies, in general, are more responsive and interact better with each other. Non-playable characters are also improved; they’ll be up and about, moving around, offering players interactive dialogue.

Weapons from the first Borderlands will not appear in Borderlands 2. Gearbox is scrapping the weapons from the first game in favor of all-new weapons. Each gun manufacturer in-game will have their own themes — unique styling, colors, and personality, that is. Weapons will have custom decals and enhancements, as well. Some pickups will have temporary buffs. such as the cores in the original game’s General Knoxx expansion. The magazine makes no mention of gun crafting.

Vehicles are back, and with variety. One vehicle shown in the magazine is called the “Bandit Technical.” Another vehicle was shown with four seats.

The skill tree in Borderlands 2 will be similar to that in the first game. It uses a traditional 3-branch system.

If it wasn’t expected, Claptrap is back in some shape or form. On that note, the game is promised to be of epic scale.

Stay tuned.

From here.
  • Nehmis 6 Aug 2011 22:05:55 688 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    ^ Nice info, good to get some early details. I like that the skill system is staying roughly the same, hopefully with a few more skills. It was varied enough for the same character to turn out very differently . Pity about the first 4 vault hunters not returning as playable characters.

PLEASE gearbox don't dumb down the amount of guns, more customisation on top of the existing system should be perfect. ;)
  • Ged42 6 Aug 2011 22:30:57 7,701 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Sounds like they're going to try making the guns more varied in appearance and effect. From the saying that Salvador can duel wield ANY weapon, we can guess that the other characters can duel wield, but only small weapons like pistols and SMGs.

I think I shall wield a rocket launcher and minigun, I shall then see if I can move.
  • stryker1121 6 Aug 2011 23:27:27 667 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    As an SP-only player here's hoping Borderlands 2 gives the solo player much more to do as well as access to the best weapons on the first go-round. I largely enjoyed the first game but it did become a grind toward the end. The world's just so static and it's very noticeable when playing alone.
  • ecureuil 6 Aug 2011 23:35:02 76,525 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The world could definitely improve, it's fairly forgettable in that regard. The main thing that attracts me to games is absorbing, atmospheric game worlds. I love to get lost in a world like, say, Oblivion. Borderland pretty much failed in that regard, yet it's still one of my all time favourite games. The information above suggesting they're looking to address this.

I certainly don't want access to the best weapons first time around. I want an excuse to keep playing, and in fact I want to still be getting better weapons after 300 hours of playing (and beyond). I also want tons more pearlescents. The thrill of opening a weapons box never dulled for me, the potential of finding another great weapon kept me totally hooked.
  • Machetazo 12 Aug 2011 10:30:54 6,372 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    2K announces Borderlands 2 live stream demonstration during Gamescom.
    You can also find additional coverage for the game, currently over on gameinformer.com, including a video interview with Randy Pitchford.
    Next Friday, 8:00 PT (17:00 CET, 16:00 BST).
  • ecureuil 13 Aug 2011 20:18:14 76,525 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Screens (scans)

Holy shit. COLOUR.
  • Ged42 13 Aug 2011 20:41:46 7,701 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Good, i don't think I could have taken another whole game of yellow and brown deserts.

The second shot looks like it's on a boat and I wonder if you can equip that riot shield in the last picture?
  • RobTheBuilder 13 Aug 2011 20:53:04 6,521 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    More enemy variety, less weapons and more variety between them plus more varied environments and this will be awesome.
  • ecureuil 13 Aug 2011 20:57:06 76,525 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It actually sounds like they are specifically addressing those issues.
  • famous_roy 13 Aug 2011 21:37:36 4,098 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Looks effin awesome.

I'm papercaves on the Twitter. This is mah Tumblr and I'm ulysseys31 on PSN :D

• Flying_Pig 14 Aug 2011 02:04:19 10,699 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    famous_roy wrote:
    Looks effin awesome.
    This. Looks great!
  • Page

of 153 First / Last