Borderlands 2 Page 105

• Page

of 153 First / Last

• ecureuil 3 Nov 2012 18:49:29 76,003 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It's amazing the first couple of times through. The useless loot is frustrating though, and it probably wouldn't be a problem if the first game hadn't got it so right. Was reading this thread on the official forums, which I can relate to.
  • ResidentKnievel 3 Nov 2012 23:02:42 5,867 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Borderlands 2 has improved over Borderlands in every area except for the loot system. It's not really a problem until you've already played for 30 hours, though.

Me and my brother killed the warrior on TVHM, it dropped a legendary but the Warrior's corpse lay on top of it making it unreachable. We rage quitted. /o\

Edited by ResidentKnievel at 23:05:06 03-11-2012

[code]Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Unlike yourself, I don't have a weird obsession with any platform.[/code]

• khaz 4 Nov 2012 00:35:05 2,572 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    A common bug that. People have been complaining about the general clipping issues since day 1. Gearbox still havent fixed it.

Its even worse with the son of Mothrakk mini boss. :|
  • ecureuil 4 Nov 2012 00:43:21 76,003 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    With the last boss if you exit the area then run all the way back through the level to the boss room again, the corpse will have disappeared but the loot will still be there.
  • jambii267 4 Nov 2012 01:04:12 1,305 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The legendary loot drop rate is pretty disgusting for want of a better word. That's why I dupe, and I'm not ashamed, gearbox should be ashamed that they fucked up their end game so badly.

Seriously giving Vermivorus (sp?) over 10 legendary drops? Getting him to spawn is horrible enough.

NNID: Jambii267 PSN: Dr-Jambii 3DS: 0216-0806-8561

• ecureuil 4 Nov 2012 01:14:35 76,003 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I killed Dr Mercy over 500 times, nothing. Killed Madame Von Bartlesby over 250 times, nothing. Killed Boom Bewm over 100 times, nothing. After that I realised just how unfun it is. Oranges from chests, vendors and the slot machines are so rare as to be insignificant. I don't understand the point of making good loot so rare, nobody is going to want to fight these bosses hundreds of times, it's incredibly tedious. Mini bosses such as the three I mentioned should drop blue items at WORST every time you beat them, but in my experience they drop whites or greens 99% of the time. It's just so bad.
  • jambii267 4 Nov 2012 01:32:05 1,305 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I did once get a blast proof bee shield from the vending machines, and a zammechat white death from flinter and those are the only two items I got without either a horrendous amount of farming or trading.

I can hook you up with a bunch of cool stuff if you want? Spread the love.

• ecureuil 4 Nov 2012 01:36:25 76,003 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah sure, I'm never going to get this stuff myself. Got better things to do with my time.
  • jambii267 4 Nov 2012 01:37:53 1,305 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    You on Xbox? My gamertag is same as my username. Just send me a message.

Edited by jambii267 at 01:38:17 04-11-2012

• jambii267 4 Nov 2012 01:59:39 1,305 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Here's my list of legendaries. :-)

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwkgLLm-HxmucTZMTDNFLXlKZE0/edit

• Mola_Ram 4 Nov 2012 02:04:27 6,195 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    ecureuil wrote:
    I killed Dr Mercy over 500 times, nothing. Killed Madame Von Bartlesby over 250 times, nothing. Killed Boom Bewm over 100 times, nothing.
    For contrast, I killed Madame Von Bartlesby 3 times and got her orange (it was underleveled though, unfortunately). Boom Bewm also dropped one after 3 tries, on my first playthrough. Got the Bee after 10 tries or so, and some corrosive pistol with a huge ammo clip from the cannibal lady after one try. The Warrior dropped one, as did the Knuckledragger (whatever his name is; haven't played this in a couple of weeks) at the beginning of TVHM.

The only oranges I've grinded significantly for were Midge-Mong's orange, and the one you can get from the assassins in the steamworks. From what I can remember, both took less than 20 tries, and both were totally worth it.

Maybe I'm just spectacularly lucky, but I haven't had anywhere near the problems you've been having.

Edited by Mola_Ram at 02:29:56 04-11-2012
  • ecureuil 4 Nov 2012 02:04:52 76,003 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    That's quite an impressive list! How many mules are you having to use for that lot?
  • jambii267 4 Nov 2012 02:11:27 1,305 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    11 different characters, One for each item type. SMGs etc.

• Mola_Ram 4 Nov 2012 02:39:07 6,195 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    ecureuil wrote:
    It's amazing the first couple of times through. The useless loot is frustrating though, and it probably wouldn't be a problem if the first game hadn't got it so right. Was reading this thread on the official forums, which I can relate to.
    From that thread:

. Getting "all the best legendaries" even in borderlands 1 still hasn't happened for me and I have put over a year of gameplay hours into the game, most of which are farming, mostly on Crawmerax, so that negates the whole "crawmerax spoiled everyone" argument as well.
    O_o
  • jambii267 4 Nov 2012 02:45:57 1,305 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Must be horrible to be one of the weapon designers for gearbox, I made all these cool weapons and 99% percent of our players will never see them all. A single player should be able to get them all without spending a absolutely unbearable amount of time farming. Why be so stingy with the best thing about borderlands? The crazy guns!

• stryker1121 4 Nov 2012 07:46:25 597 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Reading through that thread I cannot believe the time people are putting into farming. I just finished my first playthrough and will probably try to TVHM sometime down the line, but damned if I'm grinding for hundreds of hours for the slim possibility of a legendary drop.
  • crashVoodoo 4 Nov 2012 08:28:18 3,821 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    stryker1121 wrote:
    Reading through that thread I cannot believe the time people are putting into farming. I just finished my first playthrough and will probably try to TVHM sometime down the line, but damned if I'm grinding for hundreds of hours for the slim possibility of a legendary drop.
    This.

a Nexus a day keeps the apple away

• Metalfish 4 Nov 2012 09:24:51 8,688 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I've just seen my first orange drop from a random bandit marauder. Shame it's level 36, but oh well.
  • Tryhard 4 Nov 2012 10:03:33 3,482 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I just went stone cold dead on this just before I went to face the final boss for the 2nd time.

Consider that I played the first one twice and all but the arena dlc.
  • Mola_Ram 4 Nov 2012 10:12:18 6,195 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I've stopped, but mostly because I have like half a dozen other things to play. Like Torchlight 2, which is feeling neglected.
  • crashVoodoo 4 Nov 2012 10:17:49 3,821 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    I've stopped, but mostly because I have like half a dozen other things to play. Like Torchlight 2, which is feeling neglected.
    Yeah im along these lines too. Still not completed arkham city, currently taking on mr freeze in a boss encounter.

Not even put sleeping dogs in the tray yet and im already eyeing dishonoured up for purchase.

a Nexus a day keeps the apple away

• themanfromdelmonte 4 Nov 2012 12:43:21 540 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    ecureuil wrote:
    I killed Dr Mercy over 500 times, nothing. Killed Madame Von Bartlesby over 250 times, nothing. Killed Boom Bewm over 100 times, nothing.
    For contrast, I killed Madame Von Bartlesby 3 times and got her orange (it was underleveled though, unfortunately). Boom Bewm also dropped one after 3 tries, on my first playthrough. Got the Bee after 10 tries or so, and some corrosive pistol with a huge ammo clip from the cannibal lady after one try. The Warrior dropped one, as did the Knuckledragger (whatever his name is; haven't played this in a couple of weeks) at the beginning of TVHM.

The only oranges I've grinded significantly for were Midge-Mong's orange, and the one you can get from the assassins in the steamworks. From what I can remember, both took less than 20 tries, and both were totally worth it.

Maybe I'm just spectacularly lucky, but I haven't had anywhere near the problems you've been having.
    My experience sound similar to yours, so surely we can't be that exceptional. I've completed PT1 with Axton, I'm at lvl 20 with my Gaige and lvl 12 with Zer0. And so far I've had 7 Orange drops, 3 snipers an SMG, a Maggie, a shield and a grenade mod.

The colour doesn't matter that much to me, function over rarity. You can still get some pretty bonkers Purples and Blues. By insisting on farming for the rarest loot, I think people are ruining the game for themselves. But each to their own.
  • Mola_Ram 4 Nov 2012 12:51:57 6,195 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Well, they are pretty great. They have special effects that other weapons don't have, and usually better stats. That's why people want them. It's not just about collecting rare things.

Although you might argue that, if they were made less rare, they would become less sought after! Someone could write an economics paper on demand/supply curves, giffen goods, etc. in loot games. I'd read it!
  • thenastypasty 4 Nov 2012 12:56:17 5,178 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    jambii267 wrote:
    Here's my list of legendaries. :-)

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwkgLLm-HxmucTZMTDNFLXlKZE0/edit

:eek: you've listed all your weapon... You really are a MASSIVE geek Jambii :lol:
  • StarchildHypocrethes 4 Nov 2012 13:22:20 24,550 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Some people should try to get out more.
  • ecureuil 4 Nov 2012 14:48:33 76,003 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    Well, they are pretty great. They have special effects that other weapons don't have, and usually better stats. That's why people want them. It's not just about collecting rare things.

Although you might argue that, if they were made less rare, they would become less sought after! Someone could write an economics paper on demand/supply curves, giffen goods, etc. in loot games. I'd read it!
    People would still want them cause they're the most fun weapons. Even the purples are still just generic white weapons with nicer looking parts. A Jakobs shotgun is going to be basically the same whether you get it at level 1 or at level 50, it'll just have gold decoration and better stats.

I have two level 50 characters, a level 25 character and a level 11 character. I've had about 5 orange drops and I had to grind for two of them.
  • ResidentKnievel 4 Nov 2012 16:33:12 5,867 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Boom bewm have dropped their legendary grenade mod 3 times for me out of 4, I wasn't farming them, I was just passing through on missions.

[code]Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Unlike yourself, I don't have a weird obsession with any platform.[/code]

• lavalant 4 Nov 2012 16:40:18 1,245 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    ResidentKnievel wrote:
    Borderlands 2 has improved over Borderlands in every area except for the loot system.
    I don't know, I enjoyed Borderlands a tad over Borderlands 2, not sure why, Borderlands 2 is almost identical to the first but without the decent loot, and isn't that one of the main selling points?
  • themanfromdelmonte 4 Nov 2012 17:18:09 540 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    C'mon, the script is way better. Tiny Tina alone, gives more laughs than the entire 1st game. The environments are more varied, as are the enemies.
  • Mayhem64 4 Nov 2012 17:45:50 649 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah, not been a huge fan of the loot drops either. There's no excitement thinking you might get an orange because it happens so few times. I'll admit I've probably been a little more fortunate than most in terms of legendary drops; between my solo assassin run, and my co-op with my brother as the gunzerker (and I'm up to around level 29 with both), I've had about 6-7 legendary drops from bosses and mini-bosses including the Nukem from the Black Queen. That certainly clears a room hah hah...

But the general dread of not finding anything in the chests in general, means I tend to open and walk away if I see all green/white, and why I farm the gold chest...

Edited by Mayhem64 at 17:46:56 04-11-2012

Lie with passion and be forever damned...

• Page

of 153 First / Last