Borderlands 2 Page 90

• Page

of 154 First / Last

• Deleted user 17 October 2012 13:50:34
    Weeeell it certainly sounds like good dlc but (/whispers) the EG review was a bit weird, no? It reads like a press release and as I said in the comments I felt as though the reviewer was telling me what to think.

Just weird imo.
  • ResidentKnievel 17 Oct 2012 13:53:11 6,201 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Okay, when I searched the PSN store for 'Borderlands 2' the DLC showed up there and I'm now downloading it.

It doesn't show up anywhere else on the store and it's not in the downloadable content section of the Borderlands 2 menu.

Edited by ResidentKnievel at 13:53:32 17-10-2012

[code]Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Unlike yourself, I don't have a weird obsession with any platform.[/code]

• ecureuil 17 Oct 2012 14:01:13 76,814 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    oi wrote:
    Weeeell it certainly sounds like good dlc but (/whispers) the EG review was a bit weird, no? It reads like a press release and as I said in the comments I felt as though the reviewer was telling me what to think.

Just weird imo.
    It's a strange review, but he's right. It feels like more of the same, but different, mainly because the pirates are just reskinned bandits so it feels like some bizarro/parallel universe Borderlands. Not every enemy is simply a reskin, you get unique Goliaths with anchors that pull you in and ones with explosive harpoons, powder monkey's that release a bunch of explosives when they die, and a few others. The level design is amazing though, probably better than most of the stuff in the main game, it's really varied and you get a great sensation of being in a dried-up ocean. Of course, the missions are standard Borderlands type stuff (ie. drive here, pick up quest items, kill bad guys, turn the quest in) so unless you're already completely sick of Borderlands questing, it's well worth it. It's better looking than anything in the main game, and it features the most beautiful Borderlands zone ever seen.

Edited by ecureuil at 14:03:00 17-10-2012
  • Deleted user 17 October 2012 14:15:28
    Aye Borderlands 2 is a lovely looking game on PC.
  • Mayhem64 17 Oct 2012 14:23:13 668 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    So is there any reason to wait on playing the new DLC, or should most people just dive in regardless?

Lie with passion and be forever damned...

• Mola_Ram 17 Oct 2012 15:26:09 7,400 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Thought I'd just dive right on into the DLC with the Gunzerker I have on TVHM.

It's quite hard, but this may just be because TVHM is hard in general. Those pirate ninjas can fuck right off though. Them and the cursed ones.
  • puddleduck 17 Oct 2012 16:10:55 1,854 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Managed to convince two good mates to get this on their PS3's and what a blast. Spent about 12 hours playing through as a triplet yesterday. Me and one of the guys had played the first one a lot in split screen, but this really does trump it.

At one point I obviously took a wrong turn and ended up somewhere else entirely. Shot a badass goliath in the head from miles away and just watched as he turned into a super badass raging goliath somethingorother. He destroyed the entire base worth of enemies and was still stood their raging away in red when I thought it best to head the other way.
  • crashVoodoo 17 Oct 2012 17:36:00 3,909 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    puddleduck wrote:
    Managed to convince two good mates to get this on their PS3's and what a blast. Spent about 12 hours playing through as a triplet yesterday. Me and one of the guys had played the first one a lot in split screen, but this really does trump it.

At one point I obviously took a wrong turn and ended up somewhere else entirely. Shot a badass goliath in the head from miles away and just watched as he turned into a super badass raging goliath somethingorother. He destroyed the entire base worth of enemies and was still stood their raging away in red when I thought it best to head the other way.
    Haha, I've just started discovering those goliaths.  So much fun sniping their heads off and then watching the chaos unfold :-)

a Nexus a day keeps the apple away

• MrTomFTW Moderator 17 Oct 2012 18:07:56 38,246 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The more times the goliaths level up, the better the loot they drop. Plus the more people in the game, the better loot enemies drop.

And there's an achievement for levelling up a goliath 4 times (Godliath) before killing it.

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• SomaticSense 17 Oct 2012 18:48:18 8,328 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Jazzassin wrote:
    Do NOT unlock / use any skins you earn while playing Splitscreen co-op, they will not be saved. You need to be in single-player for them to work.

You will, however, keep the achievement so the skin will be unavailable to that character forever.

This happened to me with the "Pink Pandoracorn" skin. Fortunately I could fix that by creating a new level 1 Mechromancer, re-earning the skin on that and trading it to the other character. But I can foresee plenty of skins where that would require way too much work.
    Are you sure this isn't an issue caused by some other glitch you've encountered but don't know about?

I say this because I've been playing splitscreen co-op since release date right up til today, and have been unlocking skins like crazy. All were right there for me in the customisation menu while still in splitscreen co-op.
  • oldschoolsoviet 17 Oct 2012 20:16:36 5,478 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    SomaticSense wrote:
    Jazzassin wrote:
    Do NOT unlock / use any skins you earn while playing Splitscreen co-op, they will not be saved. You need to be in single-player for them to work.

You will, however, keep the achievement so the skin will be unavailable to that character forever.

This happened to me with the "Pink Pandoracorn" skin. Fortunately I could fix that by creating a new level 1 Mechromancer, re-earning the skin on that and trading it to the other character. But I can foresee plenty of skins where that would require way too much work.
    Are you sure this isn't an issue caused by some other glitch you've encountered but don't know about?

I say this because I've been playing splitscreen co-op since release date right up til today, and have been unlocking skins like crazy. All were right there for me in the customisation menu while still in splitscreen co-op.
    I've found that unlocking them on the main profile is fine, but not on the secondary username(1) profile.
    Remember that secondary profile also has a very limited choice of outfits/heads in splitscreen too.
  • MadCaddy13 17 Oct 2012 21:46:27 1,927 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Can't go any further on this. On TVHM at the firehawks lair and there are 2 superbadass twats that I just can't beat. It's not hard, it's shit hard where there is no fucking fun.
  • themanfromdelmonte 17 Oct 2012 22:37:29 579 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @MadCaddy13

That was the biggest difficulty spike for me on PT1, so I hate to think what it's going to be like in TVHM.

But I'm going to take multiple characters through PT1 before even starting TVHM, so it'll be a while before I find out.
  • neilqpr 18 Oct 2012 00:48:31 2,854 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I thought the DLC was meant to auto-level?

I've gone in at 33 and all the missions so far have been 30. After doing all the side missions up to the bit where You meet Capatin Scarlett I'm now at 34 and the missions are still 30 so I'm just sauntering through and not really having to pay any attention to what I'm doing.

I'm playing it post-completion on normal, if it doesn't pick up soon I'll be tempted to leave it until I've cracked on with TVHM. The Skiff is awesome though.
  • dsmx 18 Oct 2012 01:17:44 7,604 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'm playing the DLC in TVHM at lvl 50 it's a rather nice challenge, it's got just about the right balance so far and it's dropping some nice loot for me to use, so far I've had a fire railgun, electric shotgun and a corrosive pistol that are all making short work of enemies I've faced. Right now I'm hoping for a hyperion fire shotgun to drop, really useful when I go down since my shield fires out a blast nova that usually takes down their shields.

"If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

• Mola_Ram 18 Oct 2012 01:24:20 7,400 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    neilqpr wrote:

I've gone in at 33 and all the missions so far have been 30. After doing all the side missions up to the bit where You meet Capatin Scarlett I'm now at 34 and the missions are still 30 so I'm just sauntering through and not really having to pay any attention to what I'm doing.

I'm playing it post-completion on normal, if it doesn't pick up soon I'll be tempted to leave it until I've cracked on with TVHM. The Skiff is awesome though.
    It scales to your level, but there's probably a limit to how high it can go on Normal. Highest level story mission on Normal is (I think) 30, so that's where it stops.

For comparison, I finished Normal at around level 37. I've started TVHM and gone to Oasis from Liar's Berg. The enemies are around 37-39, which is a nice challenge.
  • Mola_Ram 18 Oct 2012 04:17:13 7,400 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Did they fix that exploit with the Evil Smasher gun? I saw videos of people killing raid bosses in a couple of seconds with that.
  • Deleted user 18 October 2012 06:28:43
    Just woke up to this - at last! Got an interview in a couple hours but can't help myself and going to squeeze in a quick game. Anyone still playing this on 360 or have I missed the boat for coop?
  • MadCaddy13 18 Oct 2012 07:44:19 1,927 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    ecureuil wrote:
    No regular enemies should be that hard, you're either underleveled or your equipment is.
    Yeh probably. Just takes 2 hits and I'm dead. I'm lvl 34 and they are 36. Just can't find a better gun anywhere. Are there any shields that are better at protecting against melee?
  • khaz 18 Oct 2012 08:26:55 2,786 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Edit: rofl, within 5 minutes of posting this I found a better sniper and shotgun! xD Links updated!

Getting a sniper rifle which does 10k dmg basic tickles me in all the right places.

Ooooh~

Actually I feel like some gear and skill tree comparisons so I can see how people are building. Screenshot upload time people as i've finally hit lvl50 with my Siren and can do some high end raiding/looting! Gogogo!

Anyway, here's my skill tree and gear:

Skill Tree - those of you not playing Sirens, you can see what the skills do here: http://www.borderlands2.com/us/skilltree/siren.html ; as you can tell i'm a gun + critical damage fiend!

Shield - yet to find a better combination of shield capacity + amp dmg. :/
    ClassMod - MOAR DMG!
    Grenade Mod - I use singularity grenades pretty much exclusively. Gotta love the crowd control combined with phaselock spam so I can shotgun/smg them all in the face when things get crowded!
    Relic - headshot, headshot, headshot! This relic alone brings my sniper crits to somewhere in the region of 200K (Depending on the enemy). I do about 145K headshot crits to Super Badass marauders with my sniper to give you an idea. Of course if any of my targets are slagged, then may their respective gods help them.

As for my current weapons:

SMGs - Moxxi. :> Its just a haze of bullets when I use these things.

Shotgun - Combined with my Cataclysm skill tree I do an INSANE amount of damage with my shotty. Standard tactic is my singularity grenade, phaselock (Which sucks them in even more) then shotgun the lot. INSANE DAMAGE I TELLS YA!

Assault - I actually don't like the vast majority of the assault rifles in the game as I find them incredibly weak. But the burst fire ones are an exception, seem to suit my playstyle for some reason.

Sniper - I fucking love the Jakobs line of guns. They're all about the raw damage and then add even more damage mods on top of that; amazingly its 97% accuracy which is HUGE for a Jakobs gun. Sadly this one doesn't come with a bonus crit dmg but i'll find one eventually. >:D My most used guns by a considerable distance. I snipe and crit the living shit out of every area as much as I possibly can.

Pistols - when i'm in the mood. That 9k pistol is amazing but it comes with a fucking scope and I hate pistols with a scope. Give me iron sights damnit! So I keep the Vladof around as its auto fire.

And finally, bonus stats!

Yes i'm one of those unlucky people who's had only one orange item so far and it was shit compared to what I already had. :/

Edited by khaz at 08:31:39 18-10-2012

Edited by khaz at 08:32:43 18-10-2012

Edited by khaz at 08:34:37 18-10-2012

Edited by khaz at 08:49:23 18-10-2012
  • Jazzassin 18 Oct 2012 09:03:13 75 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    oldschoolsoviet wrote:
    SomaticSense wrote:
    Jazzassin wrote:

I've found that unlocking them on the main profile is fine, but not on the secondary username(1) profile.
    Remember that secondary profile also has a very limited choice of outfits/heads in splitscreen too.
    Yes, the problem occurred on a second character on the same profile.

Ran into an evil bug yesterday, the "Slaglicked" one, on my Gunzerker.

I was killing the Warrior when after a Second Wind (was getting very careless) the game suddenly started spamming me different ranks of the "Slaglicked" achievement. After the boss was dead I realised I had gained 24,000 Badass ranks and 40 "Maliwan Excellence" skins.

I quit and reloaded and killed him again... this time I gained 100,000 Badass ranks and 600 Maliwan skins. Third time was the same, and I started getting worried my save file would break down, as I had 1220/27 items in my backpack and it would no longer scroll down.

I looked into the Technical Issues forums and it seems the problem persists. So unless today's patch fixes it (not on the list) I guess I have to stop playing my gunzerker or stop using Slag weapons until it does get fixed.

UPDATE: applied patch, it no longer seems to happen. I do still have 235k Badass rank and 794 Badass Tokens :eek:
  • neilqpr 18 Oct 2012 09:12:48 2,854 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    neilqpr wrote:

It scales to your level, but there's probably a limit to how high it can go on Normal. Highest level story mission on Normal is (I think) 30, so that's where it stops.

For comparison, I finished Normal at around level 37. I've started TVHM and gone to Oasis from Liar's Berg. The enemies are around 37-39, which is a nice challenge.
    TVHM it is then, cheers.
  • ModishNouns 18 Oct 2012 09:55:13 4,655 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Getting properly pasted in the Demon Hunter quest by the giant skag. :(

Skagzilla was an easy, albeit long, war of attrition where you could just run away and grind it down but this fucker can kill me with a couple of ranged shots.

Any tips other than "stop being shit"?

Edited by ModishNouns at 09:56:39 18-10-2012
  • khaz 18 Oct 2012 10:05:40 2,786 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    ModishNouns wrote:
    Getting properly pasted in the Demon Hunter quest by the giant skag. :(

Skagzilla was an easy, albeit long, war of attrition where you could just run away and grind it down but this fucker can kill me with a couple of ranged shots.

Any tips other than "stop being shit"?
    Depends on class, my friend played Zero and had maxed out all the melee related skills so he basically critical striked her ass to kingdom come in 2 player co-op with him (It was normal mode though). I was playing a support Siren at the time so he had constant heals.

Flame weapons are good. I used my SMG listed above in TVHM and just destroyed her solo. I'm playing a hardcore dmg/offensive siren right now (Again, see skill tree in big ass post above) so I pretty much ruined her. You need to keep the fire rate up on her otherwise she bursts you down hard once he stops focusing the bandits. A burst-fire sniper may work but I wouldn't recommend it. If you have a good enough assault that'll defo work.

She shoots electrical shit out of her mouth which not only instantly wipes out your shield but increases the recharge delay by a fuckton so hide behind the giant rocks asap when you see a glowy thing in his mouth. She also shoots a big ass laser, again, get behind the rocks. And if she starts chasing you, just RUN LIKE A MOFO till more bandits spawn and she'll focus them again.

Focus the face/mouth for critical strikes.

Edited by khaz at 10:08:16 18-10-2012
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 18 Oct 2012 10:06:15 38,246 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Umm I completely rolled over that boss solo last night just by nailing it with slag grenades and my corrosive pistols. It was too busy killing the bandits to give me too much hassle, and I just hid behind the rocks if my shields died.

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• khaz 18 Oct 2012 10:09:48 2,786 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Alternatively, slag grenades and/or cataclysm phaselocks which slags and just nail her as MrTom says. :)

Slag is broken frankly. You just do so much damage after you land it on someone.
  • neilqpr 18 Oct 2012 11:05:27 2,854 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I found her relatively tough, my 'tactics' involved shooting her then running away when my shields went.

This is probably an insight into why I suck so bad at XCOM.

If you need a hand Modish chuck me an invite later.
  • DiSC0_JeRk 18 Oct 2012 12:28:47 131 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Achievement details released for the next DLC already o_O

It's called Mr. Torgue's Campaign of Carnage

Slow down already.

Edited by DiSC0_JeRk at 12:29:24 18-10-2012
  • khaz 18 Oct 2012 12:37:46 2,786 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I HAVEN'T EVEN STARTED THE NEW DLC! LET ME FINISH TVHM AND HEAD TO MY 2.5 PLAYTHROUGH GEARBOX!

#(@%^@(^%)^@%

:(

I've been doing some uber hardcore reading on the official BL2 forums and turns out my current Maya build is good but not good enough at all. Some tweaking and suddenly i'm a whole lot more robust. My weapons and shield are still inadequate though. Although I finally found my first post 100k dmg rocket launcher. Need to find a 20k sniper at least before I can start whoring on my 2.5 playthrough. I found an uber assault rifle though, 9Kx3 damage. :o

I seriously cannot stop playing this game. The loot bug hasn't bit me this hard since I lost six months in Titan Quest: Immortal Throne last year.
  • MatMan562 18 Oct 2012 12:56:21 2,463 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I've played 1-2 hours of the dlc and it's really good so far. Good enough to pull me away from Dishonored and XCOM. I initially had a quite bad annoyance where I was trapped in the Wildlife place after attempting to get Jimmy Jenkins on playthrough 1, but once i'd sorted that I didn't have any problems.

What is playtrhough 2.5 i've heard people talking about? Is it just when you reach max level on TVHM?

XBL/ PSN/ Steam/ NNID - MatMan562

• Page

of 154 First / Last