Borderlands 2 Page 88

• Page

of 155 First / Last

• robthehermit 15 Oct 2012 17:04:23 4,171 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Despite thinking I had already downloaded the compatibility pack, it asked me to again on Sunday. I think the problem was that last time I didn't stare at it until it had finished, so didn't get the install screen, and assumed it would be taken care of automatically. Took almost 2 hours to download the 200mb file. Anybody else have major problems with it?

GT: robthehermit

Velim esset mundus iustus futuis procul et mori.

• Metalfish 15 Oct 2012 17:33:28 8,834 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    fletch7100 wrote:
    http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/10/15/borderlands-2-pirate-dlc-impressions
    Anyone know if it ups the level cap? It'll make a big difference to whether I decide to do any side missions with my nearly lvl 50 char or not.
  • kinky_mong 15 Oct 2012 17:36:04 10,466 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    robthehermit wrote:
    Despite thinking I had already downloaded the compatibility pack, it asked me to again on Sunday. I think the problem was that last time I didn't stare at it until it had finished, so didn't get the install screen, and assumed it would be taken care of automatically. Took almost 2 hours to download the 200mb file. Anybody else have major problems with it?
    I downloaded it yesterday and it only took a few minutes on my shitty connection, so there might be something wrong with your interent by the sounds of it.

All the eurogamers who actually play with each other on xbl rather than just post pseudointellectual pc handwringing bollocks on the forums, love the shit out of biggy.

• onestepfromlost 15 Oct 2012 18:17:02 2,083 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The compatability patch took ages for me to download the first time. I have a 100mb connection and the 128 meg file took about 30 mins. So its not just you.
  • Ged42 15 Oct 2012 19:01:52 7,756 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Sir Hammerlock introduces the Mechromancer

Worth watching if only for Sir Hammerlock's spiffingly good dialogue, also there are a few scenes that look like they contain pirates, but it's difficult to tell with all the explosions.
  • fragglerocks 15 Oct 2012 19:02:46 302 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I finished my first playthrough this weekend. Definitely as much fun as the first games and the story was better.

Story spoilers:
    Two things bugged me about the story. First I was playing as Maya and considering sirens are such a major part of the story it was a shame that no one referenced that apart from in the Echo Logs.
    Secondly after the Where Angels Fear to Treat mission the end of the story was a bit of a let down.

Mechromancer next!
  • hypoBla5t 15 Oct 2012 19:18:09 1,456 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Just finished TVHM and hit level 50. What a top game. Dropped into a few games towards the end where people were killing the last boss and the raid boss within a matter of seconds so took the most of my opportunity and promptly ninja'd as much as I could grab. Have some nice level 50 shields and a couple of purple level 50 weapons too though nothing special

On a different note, any top level gunzerkers fancy sharing their weapon pairings?

I'm rocking with shock SMG / slag sniper and corrosive SMG / explosive assault rifle and its working ok but it could do with being fine-tuned a bit.

Cheers!!
  • Mola_Ram 15 Oct 2012 23:01:00 7,714 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Personally, I like Moxxi's guns. They work wonderfully well with health regen and such.
  • robthehermit 15 Oct 2012 23:47:49 4,171 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @onestepfromlost

Cheers, I won't have to speak to Virgin then, which can only be a good thing.

• kinky_mong 16 Oct 2012 09:50:33 10,466 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    hypoBla5t wrote:
    Just finished TVHM and hit level 50. What a top game. Dropped into a few games towards the end where people were killing the last boss and the raid boss within a matter of seconds so took the most of my opportunity and promptly ninja'd as much as I could grab. Have some nice level 50 shields and a couple of purple level 50 weapons too though nothing special

On a different note, any top level gunzerkers fancy sharing their weapon pairings?

I'm rocking with shock SMG / slag sniper and corrosive SMG / explosive assault rifle and its working ok but it could do with being fine-tuned a bit.

Cheers!!
    I used to roll with a slag smg and corrosive pistol up until level 25, but the smg became too weak and I haven't found another decent slag gun since.

Incidentally while respecing my gunzerker I noticed one of the skill half way down the middle tree is for regenerating health while gunzerking. It does that anyway doesn't it?! That skill seems completely pointless.

All the eurogamers who actually play with each other on xbl rather than just post pseudointellectual pc handwringing bollocks on the forums, love the shit out of biggy.

• MadCaddy13 16 Oct 2012 12:47:48 1,988 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Got a question about the gunzerker. What is his power? Can he dual wield at all times or is that his power?
  • King_Edward 16 Oct 2012 12:49:52 11,455 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    That's his power.
  • Mola_Ram 16 Oct 2012 12:50:08 7,714 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    No, that's his power. There are a lot of upgrades to extend its duration, decrease recoil, increase fire rate, add other effects, etc. By the end of the game, I was pretty much able to Gunzerk for as long as the enemies held out.
  • hypoBla5t 16 Oct 2012 12:53:03 1,456 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yup, same here. Have a level 20 soldier that was specced for survival but I think I'm gonna respec for the longbow rocket nuke turret because it looks freakin' awesome.
  • oldschoolsoviet 16 Oct 2012 13:00:20 5,503 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @hypoBla5t

It is.

Respeced to try it, haven't looked back. Just enough points to get rockets back on it, and the dual/slag guns by Lv50.
    It'll be ridiculously overpowered in combination with my sentry/cooldown mod/artifact.

ED: Just reading that Captain Scarlett DLC is available on 360 already. 1.3GB download.

Edited by oldschoolsoviet at 13:07:47 16-10-2012
  • MisterObvious 16 Oct 2012 13:17:34 1,415 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    MrTomFTW wrote:
    crashVoodoo wrote:
    MrTomFTW wrote:
    http://i.imgur.com/6btqy.jpg
    Yes please.
    I forgive you for the dlc for Borderlands 1.

Think I'll just switch everything off.

• DiSC0_JeRk 16 Oct 2012 13:20:45 131 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Downloading it now \o/

It's not on the marketplace yet, but it's available in the DLC menu in the game.
  • mcmothercruncher 16 Oct 2012 14:00:38 7,238 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Final battle;
    "Barbra Streisand- get to high ground!"

I mean, it's nice that she's still getting name checked in 2012, but, weird nonetheless.
  • Machetazo 16 Oct 2012 14:29:52 6,372 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    DLC Quick Look
  • ResidentKnievel 16 Oct 2012 14:57:04 6,239 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Now we just need some Ellie cosplay

[code]Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Unlike yourself, I don't have a weird obsession with any platform.[/code]

• Flying_Pig 16 Oct 2012 15:01:12 11,184 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    ResidentKnievel wrote:
    Now we just need some Ellie cosplay
    Hell yeah!
  • FogHeart 16 Oct 2012 15:02:06 954 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just one thing pisses me off, I miss so much of what's said on the comms link because it's drowned out by the gunfight taking place. Or worse. I did the Kill yourself mission for Jack, but I never found out what the point was because his next communication was drowned out by the respawn bot giving its usual amusing line. When there are comms transmissions, all other noise should reduce to just above mute. This was a problem in BL1 and I'm amazed it wasn't sorted out.
  • robthehermit 16 Oct 2012 15:05:11 4,171 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I've just noticed that the Mechromancer DLC is actually listed as the Premiere Club.

I did not know that.

I preordered (from Argos \o/ ) so it doesn't affect me, but the premiere club should have been included with all new copies, not just preorders. This is taking Project $10 to a new level of suckiness. Unfortunately B2 will have got massive preorders so everyone will think this is a good idea.

• mikew1985 16 Oct 2012 15:14:01 12,892 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yea, it's shit, it means that since i got my copy with my Nvidia GPU it wasn't technically a preorder so if i want the Mechromance it will cost me 9.99
  • shamblemonkee 16 Oct 2012 15:16:51 14,491 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    what level is the scarlett dlc, end game i guess?
  • Mola_Ram 16 Oct 2012 15:17:36 7,714 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    So, you got a copy of the game for free with a GPU, and you're annoyed that you have to pay a little bit for DLC.
  • MatMan562 16 Oct 2012 15:51:24 2,510 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I don't see how anyone could complain about having to pay for the dlc. The full game is quite obviously the full game and wasn't stripped of anything to sell on later. In my opinion it's a bit expensive for just one extra class and should probably be about half the price but expecting it for free is a bit much, but a nice bonus for those who pre-ordered obviously.

I just bought the season pass so i'm looking forward to playing Captain Scarlett tomorrow (on PS3), especially after watching this launch trailer:

XBL/ PSN/ Steam/ NNID - MatMan562

• ModishNouns 16 Oct 2012 16:09:07 4,656 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    shamblemonkee wrote:
    what level is the scarlett dlc, end game i guess?
    I read somewhere it's 15+. As ecu said, it scales to you beyond that.
  • kinky_mong 16 Oct 2012 16:28:17 10,466 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    So, you got a copy of the game for free with a GPU, and you're annoyed that you have to pay a little bit for DLC.
    #overentitledgamerproblems

• Metalfish 16 Oct 2012 16:37:44 8,834 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I've dinged level 50 now. Now to Hover up all the side-quests.
  • Page

of 155 First / Last