Borderlands 2 Page 68

• Page

of 154 First / Last

• pinebear 2 Oct 2012 14:25:29 8,565 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Interesting. Had a zoom freeze somewhere else before that place. Was zooming in with a scoped weapon, but the game froze up entirely in between the held weapon disappearing and the display receiving the scope overlay. Had to get up and give it a hard reset.

Didn't realise BL2 was in on the exercise game fad.

• Flying_Pig 2 Oct 2012 14:42:50 10,973 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'm doing the Bloodshot mission now.

I've got into a nice weapon grove with my assassin ( still only 3 slots!) - lovely powerful sniper rifle which can take out psychos etc with a single (critical) hit and a rapid firing incendiary SMG for everything else. Unfortunately the SMG has poor accuracy, but it's lethal at close range - especially against enemies with a large profile like Nomads and Bruisers.

And a tasty shock pistol for shielded enemies :)
  • robthehermit 2 Oct 2012 14:54:40 4,067 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    You get a lovely shield at the end of that mission.

GT: robthehermit

Velim esset mundus iustus futuis procul et mori.

• bitch_tits_zero_nine 2 Oct 2012 15:06:54 6,654 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Made the mistake of going all out with incendiary weapons and tried to tackle a mission with a shit ton of Nomad Pyros.

Super clever.

Really enjoying the game though.
  • FuzzyDuck 2 Oct 2012 15:28:31 4,113 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    dudewheresmybrain wrote:
    I remember back in the "old days" when you changed to multiplayer (goldeneye is a classic example) it slightly dumbed down the graphics so that it could cope with it... Could that be the case here? Would explain the raise in frames
    Exactly what i was thinking. I'd say the framerate appears to unlock too and goes upward of 30 too.
  • kinky_mong 2 Oct 2012 15:44:59 10,252 posts
    Seen 40 seconds ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Bit annoyed that I've still only got three weapon slots at level 19. I'm currently heading to the floating Sanctuary after Lilith made it reappear, how much longer before the fourth slot is unlocked?

All the eurogamers who actually play with each other on xbl rather than just post pseudointellectual pc handwringing bollocks on the forums, love the shit out of biggy.

• stephenb 2 Oct 2012 15:49:00 2,738 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    You are only a level away from it.

PSN : v--WEDGE--v

• pinebear 2 Oct 2012 15:51:08 8,565 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Cryptic!

• Mola_Ram 2 Oct 2012 16:05:05 7,370 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Just got the Order to go with Law. The damage on Law kinda sucks at the moment, but combined with the shield it's just crazy how good melee is. Shields are always down, but I don't care because every punch heals me to full. Excellent.
  • Razz 2 Oct 2012 16:54:17 61,185 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    kinky_mong wrote:
    Bit annoyed that I've still only got three weapon slots at level 19. I'm currently heading to the floating Sanctuary after Lilith made it reappear, how much longer before the fourth slot is unlocked?
    I'm up to this bt, those crystal monster things are utter bastards

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

• kinky_mong 2 Oct 2012 16:55:45 10,252 posts
    Seen 40 seconds ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Razz wrote:
    kinky_mong wrote:
    I'm up to this bt, those crystal monster things are utter bastards
    Really? I found them pretty easy, either snipe their legs from a distance, or my preferred tactic is to gunzerk their legs with a slag smg and corrosive pistol.

All the eurogamers who actually play with each other on xbl rather than just post pseudointellectual pc handwringing bollocks on the forums, love the shit out of biggy.

• ecureuil 2 Oct 2012 16:59:07 76,790 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I just run up to them with a shotgun and quickly circle them. They're a lot of fun to fight, with a great death animation.
  • Vortex808 2 Oct 2012 17:01:05 7,132 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    kinky_mong wrote:
    Really? I found them pretty easy, either snipe their legs from a distance, or my preferred tactic is to gunzerk their legs with a slag smg and corrosive pistol.
    Same here, they haven't bothered me much at all. I just break out the sniper and back off, or use an assault rifle, or when ammo limited I'm using my explode-y pistol of greatness.

I wish I had a slag-firing smg too though, that'd come in really handy. I reckon I'll find some soon, since last session I found a slag grenade which should be fun.

:)

Edited by Vortex808 at 17:01:43 02-10-2012
  • LeoliansBro 2 Oct 2012 17:02:47 44,077 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I just bypassed them.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• Vortex808 2 Oct 2012 17:03:29 7,132 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    I just bypassed them.
    But they drop so much cash...
  • LeoliansBro 2 Oct 2012 17:04:19 44,077 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Vortex808 wrote:
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    I just bypassed them.
    But they drop so much cash...
    ... do they now...?

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• pinebear 2 Oct 2012 17:08:45 8,565 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Crystalline gold bars.

• Vortex808 2 Oct 2012 17:09:04 7,132 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    If you shoot off the glowing bits on their feet they drop loads of cash.

I think between the ones in the fridge and the ones in caustic caverns I picked up about 30k. Admittedly, most of which I squandered on moxxi to get a rather nice SMG.
  • ecureuil 2 Oct 2012 17:09:51 76,790 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    They explode in to money. The crystals are just reskinned notes, you can smash the crystal veins that are dotted around the level, and whenever the crystals break off the crystalisk, it's all cash.
  • pinebear 2 Oct 2012 17:13:03 8,565 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Money spent at Moxxxi's is never money wasted. That place can't run on charm and honkey tonk alone!

• Tryhard 2 Oct 2012 18:04:03 3,964 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I have done so much 4 player co-op on the 2nd playthrough with randoms.I don't know where the hell I am.:p
  • Shikasama 2 Oct 2012 18:07:27 6,820 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Does anyone else feel like they marginalised shock weapons again?

Maybe it is just because I avoid them because of last year's installment where they were pretty useless on everything except guardians but in 2 completed playthroughs of 2 separate characters I never, ever thought 'shit I need a shock weapon for this'. Corrosive? Fucking right. Fire? Most of the enemies in the game are weak to fire.

Everything else seemed to do more than enough damage to destroy a shield, and even then it is a right fanny to use weapon 1 to destroy a shield then weapon 2 to finish off an enemy, especially when you get involved in a clusterfuck of enemies.
  • ecureuil 2 Oct 2012 18:10:47 76,790 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Shock weapons are the most important thing in the game in the second playthrough, everything has a shield and non-shock weapons have to be extremely good to stand a chance. I have an amazing shock SMG that's helping me tons in TVHM.
  • Shikasama 2 Oct 2012 18:13:20 6,820 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    ecureuil wrote:
    Shock weapons are the most important thing in the game in the second playthrough, everything has a shield and non-shock weapons have to be extremely good to stand a chance. I have an amazing shock SMG that's helping me tons in TVHM.
    Definitely should have mentioned that I have only just begun TVHM yet so that's interesting news.
  • ecureuil 2 Oct 2012 18:14:59 76,790 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You really need to have at least one corrosive and one shock weapon in your main loadout at all times. Even the surveyor robots have shields in PT2.
  • Shikasama 2 Oct 2012 18:17:06 6,820 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Sounds good, I'm more than happy to find out thats the case! I heard that having some non element weapons were useful as well as elemental resistances are considerably higher. True in your experience?
  • ecureuil 2 Oct 2012 18:20:59 76,790 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yes, but I've always generally preferred the non-elemental weapons. Slag + a Jacobs is a great combination. I currently have a corrosive shotgun, shock SMG, Jacobs pistol and sniper rifle, with slag singularity grenades. It's about the perfect combo imo, it'll be difficult to replace them when they stop being effective.
  • Flying_Pig 2 Oct 2012 19:20:01 10,973 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Badass Weapons

http://m.kotaku.com/5947324/the-most-badass-weapons-in-borderlands-2

Seriously jealous!!
  • DUFFKING 2 Oct 2012 19:49:15 7,256 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Just found a 2500 dmg a shot E-Tech assault rifle whose shots bounce of walls, slag enemies and has a 10 fire right ^_^
  • Mayhem64 2 Oct 2012 20:47:42 667 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    When should I start possibly seeing a slag weapon to acquire? I'm up to level 18, just beat Wilhelm, and not seen a single one yet. Doing all the side missions as they occur as well.

Lie with passion and be forever damned...

• Page

of 154 First / Last