Rate the last TV series you watched (full seasons only) Page 67

• Page

of 92 First / Last

• Bloobat 12 Oct 2013 14:44:27 197 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Jericho Season's 1 & 2

Awesome series, finished within a week it was so good, basically tells the story of a town and its citizens after a nuclear attack wipes out most of the USA. A shame it was axed but if you have lovefilm or Netflix definitely give it a watch!

EDIT:

Also Copper Series 1

Loved this period drama, a gritty adult story line that has great acting and historical accuracy. Really hoping for series 2. It's on Lovefilm instant at the minute.

Edited by Bloobat at 14:46:51 12-10-2013
  • glaeken 13 Oct 2013 12:46:22 11,143 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Ray Donovan - 8/10 - Pretty good. Good cast and just generally enjoyable. Liev Schreiber in particular is very good as Ray.

Edited by glaeken at 12:47:40 13-10-2013
  • imamazed 14 Oct 2013 11:21:19 5,534 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Community Season 4

Not as bad as everyone made out. Last episode was very poor though; and the way Pierce was sort of ignored for the last few episodes was a bit awkward. But then what were they going to do?!

7/10

Edited by imamazed at 11:21:35 14-10-2013
  • imamazed 15 Oct 2013 09:41:58 5,534 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Boardwalk Empire Season 3

The weakest season so far. Without the force of Gyp Rosetti, it would have been noticeably asonyne. Still some great moments. I was disappointed, somewhat, with the last episode. The penultimate one set everything up nicely and got me genuinely excited. Then what followed was meh. Made sense and was a fitting ending in a way, but just failed to live up to what was hinted at. I'm still reeling from them killing off Manny Horvitz tbh :(. Good fun, but season 4 is going to need a new Gyp. Something I read about it is becoming more and more true - It's the most amibitious show on telly, with the least to say. 6.5/10

Oh, Arnold Rothstein is always a delight in this. Have to say that.
  • Tonka 16 Oct 2013 20:38:59 20,222 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Ibtnc

If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

• TechnoHippy 16 Oct 2013 22:15:44 14,707 posts
    Seen 24 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Prison Break - Season 1

I love the intricate silliness of it. The range of characters is fun and it has some lovely tense moments. I know it slides downhill from this point on, but I'm looking forward to watching the rest.

7/10

My books, contests, reviews and author interviews on my blog

• Madder-Max 17 Oct 2013 07:36:57 11,641 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'm alan partridge (both seasons). Watched them over a week. Such a brilliantly consistent character with so many things going on and his geordie friend is funny as fuck.

A deeply saddening portrayal of denial of reality that is very funny, but really shouldn't be. Saxondale is like a spin off from alan but not as complex. 10/10

99 problems and being ginger is one

• glaeken 20 Oct 2013 12:05:00 11,143 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Low winter sun - 7/10- Good but suffers from the curse of indistinct dialog. I kept missing bits of dialog and even rewinding and listening again I still could not catch it. Anyway top cast and pretty good twisty turny plot.
  • glaeken 20 Oct 2013 13:18:31 11,143 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It's a great finale. I also agree Nate was a cock though he actually got a lot worse in the last series. That kind of undermined his death a little. Still a great series.
  • Dougs 20 Oct 2013 13:36:13 67,188 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    One of my favourites, brilliant show.
  • TechnoHippy 20 Oct 2013 20:21:36 14,707 posts
    Seen 24 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    More Six Feet Under love here, an excellent series.

My books, contests, reviews and author interviews on my blog

• Wavey 20 Oct 2013 20:45:25 370 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Also love six feet under. That last six minutes always gives me goosebumps!
  • beastmaster 20 Oct 2013 21:37:10 11,325 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Lot Girl Season 3 - 7.5/10

Enjoyable fluff. I like the characters and it doesn't take itself too seriously at all. Just ideal, relaxing entertainment.

Lead actress Anna Silk makes for a great succubus :-)

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• Triggerhappytel 20 Oct 2013 23:38:01 2,695 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago

I really enjoyed this, I thought the script was excellent throughout, it has a really likeable main cast with some good character development, the animation is superb (I really like it when it goes into random exaggerated anime visuals) and I enjoy the story and setting. The action scenes are great too and it does a good job of showing things from both sides (I really like Zukko's uncle and I think they humanised both characters very well, despite being the main villains). Gonna catch season 2 and 3 as well, watched it on Netflix.
  • gooner77 21 Oct 2013 21:49:03 752 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Dexter Season 1 8/10.

Rather good and nice to know I have 7 seasons to go
  • mrpon 21 Oct 2013 22:29:08 28,755 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    No he'll be saying I have 5 seasons left to go.

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• gooner77 22 Oct 2013 23:12:04 752 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I have heard Season 8 is crap tbf
  • shooter 23 Oct 2013 00:25:01 394 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    huh_what wrote:
    Love/Hate - Season 1

People have been pestering me to watch this for quite a while now and i finally got my hands on it and got around to it. It has also gotten across-the-board rave reviews in the press over here too.

I have to say that i'm actually taken aback by how good it is. This is an Irish produced TV drama we're talking about and that means utter shite 99.9% of the time.

In the most general terms, it's about "gangland" in Dublin and it's very well written, well acted and well produced despite an obviously tight budget (in the first season anyway, only 4 episodes comapared to the six from both S2 and S3).

I can't recommend it highly enough but the only caveat i have is that the accents and slang might be impenetrable for someone who is from outside of Ireland. It's the kind of thing i see getting picked up and remade for either British or American TV though so that might not be a problem.

It's also the most authentic depiction of modern Ireland i've seen on television and it's spooky seeing places i've walked past dozens of times used in something not shit.
    Your in for a treat with season 2 mate, crackin stuff
  • Triggerhappytel 27 Oct 2013 21:50:43 2,695 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Avatar: The Last Airbender seasons 2 & 3

I really loved this programme, best TV series I've seen in a long time. Really great characters, dialogue, animation, action scenes, excellent standalone and overarching story episodes, and I thought the way the characters were written and how their arcs played out was so enjoyable. The finale was wonderful and the character resolutions were perfect. I'm gonna miss them all, and after everything I think Zukko turned out to be the character I liked best. Certainly his arc was the most interesting, including his relationship with his uncle Iroh (another of my favourites). Azula was a cracking villain and I found it fascinating watching her schemes, including the conflict with her friends towards the end of season 3. Anyway, I really don't have anything negative to say about this programme and I thought it worked well having very clearly defined goalposts from early on, where we knew what had to happen and the time frame in which it would take place. So much better than all those American series which are dragged out over 10 seasons or whatever, even though they're clearly past their best.

In short, absolutely brilliant and I recommend anyone who hasn't seen it check it out. I started watching off the back of the Nostalgia Critic's movie review, and I'm so glad I gave them TV show a chance.
  • Darren 28 Oct 2013 10:41:47 8,781 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    American Horror Story: Asylum - 8/10

Nowhere near as good as the first season but still delightfully dark, bizarre and freaky in a way that would make David Lynch proud. Great performances from Jessica Lange, James Cromwell and Zachary Quinto but the plot got confusing at times, especially the stuff to do with the aliens, which I think the show could have done without as it distracted from the supernatural element IMO. The concept is a great one though having a different setting and story but many of the same actors for each season. Can't wait to see Coven.

PS3, PS4, PS Vita, Wii U, Xbox One, PC (Intel Core i7-4770K, 16 GB, 3 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780, Windows 8.1 Pro), iPad 4, iPad mini with Retina Display.

• shooter 30 Oct 2013 23:24:07 394 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The West Wing Season 2 - 9/10

Aahh this is some good stuff. There isnt a single main character I dislike and thats rare for me, great cast.

The last episode of the season when Bartlett went into the press conference to answer questions about whether he was gonna run again was classic stuff. Especially Leos "watch this" to Toby

Another 6 seasons to go, lovely
  • Rhaegyr 31 Oct 2013 18:46:39 1,578 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    The Returned - Season 1

French supernatural drama/thriller that has a big Twin Peaks/Lost vibe. Didn't know anything about it before going in and I'm glad I didn't; there's a ton of twists, surprises and cliffhangers that shouldn't be spoiled. The acting was great, the episodes moved along at a quick pace with hardly any filler and the soundtrack by Mogwai is sublime. There's a few inconsistencies and a ton of loose threads left at the end but nothing major. Heartily recommended for those looking for something different (or Twin Peaks fans). New season early next year, too!

PS. I watched the French language version with English subtitles - I'm not sure if there's a dubbed version (or remake) but I'd strongly avoid it if so - the acting's pretty top notch (all dubs are horrible, anyway).

8/10

Edited by Rhaegyr at 18:47:21 31-10-2013
  • Gunzberg 31 Oct 2013 21:05:09 1,731 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Based on your recommendation I just checked out the first episode of Les Revenants/ The Returned.

Definitely feeling the vibe and looking forward to watching the rest!

Steam/PSN/XBL/Nintendo ID/Uplay/Origin: Gunzberg
    Blizzard Battletag: Gunzberg#2718

• Rhaegyr 1 Nov 2013 13:18:52 1,578 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Good to know!

It really kicked into high gear around the 4th episode if I remember correctly - hope you enjoy it.
  • Gunzberg 1 Nov 2013 13:33:39 1,731 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yeah, I am already on Episode 6. Can't stop watching!

Steam/PSN/XBL/Nintendo ID/Uplay/Origin: Gunzberg
    Blizzard Battletag: Gunzberg#2718

• Rhaegyr 2 Nov 2013 14:27:22 1,578 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Orange is the new Black - S1

Surprisingly excellent!

Took a few episodes to get going, and the main couple of Piper and Larry didn't give me high hopes at the start; however, the character development of these two (and the entire surrounding cast) is phenomenal over the course of 13 episodes, making you care about their stories, backgrounds, problems and everything in between.

There's such a unique vibe to it - it's not fully serious nor a full-tilt comedy - it hits a sweet spot in between that I didn't think would be possible to sustain without the show suffering in either aspect - how wrong I was.

Some of the characters are genius creations - Mendez, Crazy Eyes, Healy, Doggett - I could go on. Mendez in particular is an absolute riot to watch and Healy has one of the biggest downward spirals I've seen in a character arc.

Really compelling, and the ending is one of the most cathartic finale's to a series I've witnessed in a long time.

Highly recommended - roll on series 2!

9/10

Edited by Rhaegyr at 14:28:03 02-11-2013
  • Page

of 92 First / Last