Rate the last TV series you watched (full seasons only) Page 54

• Page

of 90 First / Last

• Blakester 17 Apr 2013 11:00:46 3,567 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    espibara wrote:
    Weeds Season 1 8/10

Funny sexy and a bit weird, about an all American mum who becomes a pot dealer.

Its got 8 seasons!!!

Is in love with Mary Louise Parker
    Get in line buster, she's mine!

Seasons 2 & 3 are fantastic, but unfortunately the quality nosedives pretty sharply after that.

When you can't see the angles on the wall you're in trouble.

• Deleted user 17 April 2013 13:09:07
    Watched series 1 and 2 of Sherlock the other day (had only seen the very first episode before, the one with the cab driver).

Great fun, I hope there are more episodes scheduled, I feel like there is a hell of a lot more they can do with the characters if they do get around to it.
  • graysonavich 17 Apr 2013 13:10:40 7,309 posts
    Seen 7 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Ironlungs76 wrote:
    Great fun, I hope there are more episodes scheduled
    You're in luck!
  • Deleted user 17 April 2013 13:15:01
    Awesome, I'd rather assumed that both Freeman and Cumberbatch were such hot property these days that they might put the idea on the back-burner.

Hope they can re-introduce Moriarty somehow. I thought he was a really interesting character, sadly snuffed out far too early...

/crosses fingers
  • TOOTR 18 Apr 2013 18:09:12 9,493 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just watched Season 2 of Sherlock myself.

I enjoyed it... BUT....much like with Dr Who Moffat seems to write plots that move at a blistering pace.

Which although, very slickly directed and very very well acted, only left me the feeling at the end that it moves just fast enough for you to be surface impressed but is actually a load of bollocks. That really doesn't make any sense.

:(

Entertaining enough but very much a product of it's time i.e pseudo-intellectual clap-trap that appeals to the shallows watching ADD brigade.

Too harsh?

8/10

Everybody should just calm down a little bit and have a nice cup of tea.

• glaeken 22 Apr 2013 09:57:52 11,086 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    So why do you give it an 8/10? Seems like a good score. I would actually agree with your points. I too find that it looks slick and but the plots don't stand up to well to close examination.

Anyway just finished Spartacus: War of the Dammed and I give it a 9/10. Rather brilliant I thought and quite a step up from Vengeance. Almost as good as Blood and Sand and Gods of the Arena. The final scene of Andy Whitfield as Spartacus was a brilliant tribute though I do think new Spartacus improved a lot this last series.

Edited by glaeken at 09:58:58 22-04-2013
  • TOOTR 22 Apr 2013 14:47:12 9,493 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Because I enjoyed it overall and I'd recommend it as slick quality entertainment.

But I don't hold it up there with the 9's and 10's of this world (GOT, Wire, Breaking Bad etc) and I think I'm getting slightly sick of the format - let's see how they go with Season 3.

I loved Spartacus but didn't get on with the first few eps of Vengeance - reckon I'll persevere with it on your rec.

Everybody should just calm down a little bit and have a nice cup of tea.

• glaeken 22 Apr 2013 14:52:57 11,086 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Fair enough. I do enjoy it but get fed of people overrating it for how clever it is. It's flash and quick but rarely clever. I am looking at you hound of the baskervilles episode. Moffat for me is one of those writers that can set up a good mystery but cannot actually come up with good conclusions. I think it's a 6 or 7 for me depending on the episode.

Vengeance has it's moments. I think it might be better on a re-watch as one thing I had to get over was a new Spartacus so now I am used to the new guy it actually may be better. It does have some rather good episodes it's just the overall quality is a little patchy.

Edited by glaeken at 14:54:48 22-04-2013
  • mcmonkeyplc 22 Apr 2013 14:59:56 39,384 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Just finished season 3 of Breaking Bad

Pretty damn awesome/10!

I'm starting to feel more and more for Jessie and less for Walt. I have no idea where it's heading now!

Edited by mcmonkeyplc at 15:03:59 22-04-2013

Come and get it cumslingers!

• beastmaster 28 Apr 2013 21:40:03 11,147 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Hemlock Grove - 7/10

Still a better love story than Twilight. Twin Peaks with Werewolves. That makes it sound better than it is but I still found it pretty decent.

Didn't find it that bad at all. First episode was a bit rubbish but it does get better as it goes along. It kind of has a Twin Peaks vibe for a few episodes but then it kind of looses the quirkiness and intrigue till the last 2-3 episodes.

It's got a great cast and it's good to see Famke Janssen being a bit of a badass. There's certainly enough in there for a second season and wouldn't mind seeing it.

It's got sex, violence, gore and swearing without which is would have frankly been a lot poorer without.

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• Deleted user 28 April 2013 21:44:30
    The League seasons 1, 2 and 3.

American comedy about a group of friends who play in a fantasy football league. Don't let that put you off as it's just the basic setup - it's not really about (American) football in the slightest.

Very funny and increasingly risqué. 9/10 and well worth checking out. I'd never heard of it before.
  • Carlo 28 Apr 2013 21:47:31 17,948 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I've just downloaded the first week series if The Monkees for the kids.

Can't wait to watch it with them :)

PSN ID: Djini

• TechnoHippy 29 Apr 2013 20:41:30 14,698 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Stargate Atlantis - Season 4

It's nice to see Sam again. And Kaylee joins the crew. Eye candy galore! Other than that it remains an entertaining watch.

7/10

Person of Interest

I liked this a lot. The two leads work well, it's formulaic, but in a good way. I hope there's a second season.

8/10

My books, contests, reviews and author interviews on my blog

• imamazed 1 May 2013 12:08:19 5,520 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Community: Season Two

Better than the first I thought. There's a real sense of glee and invention from episode to episode, even if some fall flat. Standout episodes for me were the bottle episode, the one with the gaint sleepover and the first paintball episode.

8/10
  • TechnoHippy 3 May 2013 22:34:04 14,698 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The Following

I enjoyed this a lot. Kevin Bacon does a good job, as does his adversary.

8/10

• Max_Powers 4 May 2013 00:46:28 1,083 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Top of the Lake 9/10

Just go watch it as it is awesome. How are not more people raving about this?
  • Gambit1977 4 May 2013 08:20:34 9,583 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    TechnoHippy wrote:
    Stargate Atlantis - Season 4

It's nice to see Sam again. And Kaylee joins the crew. Eye candy galore! Other than that it remains an entertaining watch.

7/10

Person of Interest

I liked this a lot. The two leads work well, it's formulaic, but in a good way. I hope there's a second season.

8/10
    Not only is there a second season, with a third already greenlit. It's also even better!
  • TechnoHippy 4 May 2013 10:46:38 14,698 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    That's good news.

• TarickStonefire 4 May 2013 11:05:58 2,894 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    The Americans: 8/10

The Following: 5/10

Any Netflix library in the world for a couple of quid a month? Gimme!

• TarickStonefire 4 May 2013 11:08:07 2,894 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Blakester wrote:
    espibara wrote:
    Weeds Season 1 8/10

Funny sexy and a bit weird, about an all American mum who becomes a pot dealer.

Its got 8 seasons!!!

Is in love with Mary Louise Parker
    Get in line buster, she's mine!

Seasons 2 & 3 are fantastic, but unfortunately the quality nosedives pretty sharply after that.
    QFT. It's *utter* crap now.

• L0cky 4 May 2013 11:09:21 1,498 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The Americans: 7/10

The Following: 6/10

Top of the Lake: 8/10
  • TarickStonefire 4 May 2013 11:33:20 2,894 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Seen that Top Of The Lake mentioned a few times. Will have to have a look.

• TarickStonefire 4 May 2013 11:42:17 2,894 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Is that Top Of The Lake? What is it, anyway? Murder investigation show? I should Google it. Okay, I'll Google it.

• TarickStonefire 4 May 2013 11:44:12 2,894 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Hmm, Wikipedia says:

The reviews of Top of the Lake have been overwhelmingly positive. Reviews referred to the series as "masterfully made", "beautiful", "mysterious", "riveting" and "a masterpiece". It received a score of 86 from Metacritic and a score of 92% from Rottentomatoes. There were some less positive reviews. Mike Hale of the New York Times wrote that the series contains "elaborately introduced plotlines" most of which simply "fizzle out" and that it contains "the worst kind of twist ending".
    I was into giving it a go until I read the last line. Then again I loved Lost but most people would probably have written that line about how it ended...

Although I think it's pretty misleading to say Metacritic 'gave it a score'. Metacritic just spews out a opaquely calculated aggregate score based on other people's scores; it doesn't have a critical bone of its own anywhere in its body.

Edited by TarickStonefire at 11:46:04 04-05-2013

• L0cky 4 May 2013 12:21:53 1,498 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    It's only a 7 episode mini-series, why not? :)

It's a solid, character driven 'what happened' story. There are a few twists but it doesn't rely on them.

I liked it for the acting, some great performances; especially from Peter Mullan, Elizabeth Moss and David Wenham. Holly Hunter's character is annoying but she plays it well.
  • captainrentboy 4 May 2013 12:50:51 943 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Sherlock series 1&2- 9/10
    Why in the hell did I wait so long to watch these? Far more entertaining than the RDJ movies, with a fantastic cast, (Well everyone bar the black policewoman that has it in for Sherlock, she's facking awful) and superb writing throughout. Can't wait for the third batch to start.

The Following -  6/10
    Started off entertaining, but the plot holes and general stupidity of the good guys occasionally starts to grate around the midway point. It's good to see Mr Bacon on the small screen, and Purefoy chews up scenery like a wild man. The finale was pretty awful though.
  • Jacksie66 4 May 2013 17:34:28 572 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Star Trek - The Next Generation 10/10

No need to explain it's brilliance...
  • TechnoHippy 4 May 2013 18:42:40 14,698 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Sons of Anarchy - Season 5

Lots of infighting and shannigans. All in all a fun watch and sets up for good next season as well.

8/10

• Page

of 90 First / Last