Rate the last TV series you watched (full seasons only) Page 48

• Page

of 93 First / Last

• RyanDS 21 Jan 2013 12:49:29 9,377 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Parks and Recreation: Season 1

Only finished it as it was only 6 episodes. Awful show apart from the woman who was in the US version of the office who is lovely.

5/10 - Won't watch more of this.

Star Trek DS9: Season 5

Awesome series, Trials and Tribulations the clear standout with 10/10, but it is just one of many awesome episodes.And the bad is not that bad. The tension also build up nicely to a brilliant final episode.

9/10
  • Deleted user 21 January 2013 12:51:59
    GuiltySpark wrote:
    joelstinton wrote:

Breaking bad S3
    Saul williams is fucking amazing.

10/10
    You mean Saul Goodman. Though Saul Williams is equally as good.
    ha! never noticed i wrote that. yes though :)
  • TechnoHippy 24 Jan 2013 14:55:23 14,715 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Stargate SG1 - Season 6

That season seemed to fly by. More good stuff, although the lack of Daniel Jackson in the later episodes is apparent.

7/10

My books, contests, reviews and author interviews on my blog

• AlcohollicA 24 Jan 2013 23:42:02 2,355 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    RyanDS wrote:

Only finished it as it was only 6 episodes. Awful show apart from the woman who was in the US version of the office who is lovely.

S1 isn't great but it gets a lot better.

I have stopped watching it now but s2 and 3 were great.
  • Bananazniper 25 Jan 2013 00:12:39 628 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    The Newsroom 4/10

I was looking forward to a West Wing type show. What I got was idiotic, unlikeable characters, and scripts that would make El Dorado wince. It's like Sorkin finished the West Wing (that was superb) and just tried to make a show carrying that formula on. The difference is that the West Wing characters were built up over many seasons. Shockingly bad show imo, can't believe it got renewed. And those love triangles must've been written by a 15 year old. A shame really as the premise of a drama set in a 24 hour news studio sounds good on paper.

Edited by Bananazniper at 00:15:52 25-01-2013
  • RMXtreme 26 Jan 2013 01:30:11 3,145 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Treme Season 1 - 3

Really didn't care for the first couple of episodes; no great characters, no overarching plot and music, a city and disaster unknown to me. But this being from the creator of The Wire and also featuring some of its actors I decided to at least finish the first season and I'm glad I did as I really started to appreciate the characters, music and the city.

9/10
  • Mr_Sleep 26 Jan 2013 07:59:00 17,074 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    RMXtreme wrote:
    Treme Season 1 - 3

Really didn't care for the first couple of episodes; no great characters, no overarching plot and music, a city and disaster unknown to me. But this being from the creator of The Wire and also featuring some of its actors I decided to at least finish the first season and I'm glad I did as I really started to appreciate the characters, music and the city.

9/10
    Only watched the first one so far but I just wanted to say "down in the Treme, just me and my baby, we're all going crazy but jumping and having fun". Repeat forever. One of the most catchy theme tunes, I had it in my head for ages. It's always there bubbling under the surface!

You are a factory of sadness.

• Dougs 27 Jan 2013 08:36:14 67,741 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I've got S2 still to watch, didn't realise S3 was out. Love the feel of the show, and it's got some cracking characters.
  • Gunzberg 27 Jan 2013 09:27:43 1,732 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The Wire Season 1

7/10

What is all the hype about ? Standard cop investigation of drug scene with some city hall corruption.

Hoping Season 2 is better but 3 episodes in already looking predictable

Steam/PSN/XBL/Nintendo ID/Uplay/Origin: Gunzberg
    Blizzard Battletag: Gunzberg#2718

• Dougs 27 Jan 2013 09:34:43 67,741 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    It's not about the plot, it's the characters!
  • kickerconspiracy 27 Jan 2013 09:38:59 495 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Not liking The Wire is like liking Mrs. Brown's boys.

It's fundamentally wrong.

Edited by kickerconspiracy at 09:39:12 27-01-2013
  • Jono62 27 Jan 2013 09:59:24 14,121 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SO0WW2QXIYc&feature=youtube_gdata_player
  • TechnoHippy 27 Jan 2013 10:14:19 14,715 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    kickerconspiracy wrote:
    Not liking The Wire is like liking Mrs. Brown's boys.

It's fundamentally wrong.
    I like both, what does that mean?

I'm currently playing the jaffa game, everytime somebody says 'Jaffa' in an SG-1 episode I eat a Jaffa Cake.

Mmmmm tasty :-)

• Gunzberg 27 Jan 2013 10:33:29 1,732 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Jono62 wrote:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SO0WW2QXIYc&feature=youtube_gdata_player
    That was a decent bit. There are a few of those but not enough.

Steam/PSN/XBL/Nintendo ID/Uplay/Origin: Gunzberg
    Blizzard Battletag: Gunzberg#2718

• TarickStonefire 27 Jan 2013 12:51:18 3,107 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    RyanDS wrote:

One of my favourite shows, although I made the mistake of writing it off within the first ten minutes as yet another Office clone. Eventually I went back and gave it some time and now I love it. I think Ron Swanson develops into one of my favourite male characters in a comedy ever.

The first series does not give you an idea of how it gets better, really, it was too short and relationships weren't developed. And the boring office guy that the Rashida Jones is into leaves after the next series, which is good because he sucked.

(Rashida Jones = Cute Girl From The Office = Quincy Jones daughter I think = also an intellectual genius and capable of far more than just sitcom acting, but apparently that floats her boat so hey!)

But if you don't like the way Poehler plays her character, don't bother I guess. Personally I really grew to love her.

On the other hand, I have continually failed to get along nice with 'Community' - it's had SO much love from people who like very similar comedy shows to me that you'd think I'd love it, especially as apparently it ticks a lot of geek boxes.

But I've tried to watch the first series twice now and I give up about 5 episodes in both times. It's *so* self-consciously whacky. And Chevy Chase is a fucking prick, which makes it hard to enjoy his 'work'.

Edited by TarickStonefire at 12:55:57 27-01-2013

Any Netflix library in the world for a couple of quid a month? Gimme!

• TarickStonefire 27 Jan 2013 12:57:55 3,107 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    American Horror Story: The Asylum - 8/10, started a bit 'meh, seen all this before' but then there were ALIENS!!! And when I finally got my head round the fact that the entire cast from the last series are here playing completely new characters, I started to follow it a bit better, and really it's been rather entertainingly screwy.

Any Netflix library in the world for a couple of quid a month? Gimme!

• Deleted user 27 January 2013 20:27:49
    Just re-watched Both series of Extras. Just brilliant and probably among the best things I've ever watched.

10/10
  • TechnoHippy 27 Jan 2013 20:32:02 14,715 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Stargate SG-1 - Season 7

More fun silliness.

7/10

• Blotto 27 Jan 2013 21:31:42 2,776 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @HairyArse

This. Ricky Gervais gets a lot of hate nowadays and yes, Life's too short is fucking awful, but The Office and Extras were pure genius.

Extra's is probably my favorite comedy series, rivalled only by Community

Edited by Blotto at 21:32:26 27-01-2013
  • dufftownallan 28 Jan 2013 00:55:44 4,725 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    TarickStonefire wrote:
    RyanDS wrote:

One of my favourite shows, although I made the mistake of writing it off within the first ten minutes as yet another Office clone. Eventually I went back and gave it some time and now I love it. I think Ron Swanson develops into one of my favourite male characters in a comedy ever.

The first series does not give you an idea of how it gets better, really, it was too short and relationships weren't developed. And the boring office guy that the Rashida Jones is into leaves after the next series, which is good because he sucked.

(Rashida Jones = Cute Girl From The Office = Quincy Jones daughter I think = also an intellectual genius and capable of far more than just sitcom acting, but apparently that floats her boat so hey!)

But if you don't like the way Poehler plays her character, don't bother I guess. Personally I really grew to love her.

On the other hand, I have continually failed to get along nice with 'Community' - it's had SO much love from people who like very similar comedy shows to me that you'd think I'd love it, especially as apparently it ticks a lot of geek boxes.

But I've tried to watch the first series twice now and I give up about 5 episodes in both times. It's *so* self-consciously whacky. And Chevy Chase is a fucking prick, which makes it hard to enjoy his 'work'.
    it's ironic, i'm pretty sure if you persisted with community you might grow to like it too. I liked it off the bat but it really became something special around the 12 episode, perhaps watch a couple of random ones from later on and see how you get on? chevy is criminally turned into a bit of a hate figure tho which makes for the one unenjoyable aspect of the show.
  • dufftownallan 28 Jan 2013 01:00:53 4,725 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    danger 5 - delightfully silly/10

hidden australian gem, it's a live action pastiche of thunderbirds and shows from the 60s with bad overdubbing, a very sexy feel and lots of slapstick humour.

I wouldn't say its for everyone but if you like the likes of garth morengis dark place then I think you'd love this. i'd urge you all to at least give it a go, only 6 eps were made. and the european brunette is fucking hot!
  • Dolly 28 Jan 2013 01:57:40 3,225 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm not afraid to admit that I genuinely cried like a little bitch at the Extras xmas special finale.
    Masterful.
  • Deleted user 28 January 2013 08:40:14
    Dolly wrote:
    I'm not afraid to admit that I genuinely cried like a little bitch at the Extras xmas special finale.
    Masterful.
    I watched that very episode last night but managed to keep it together.
  • Zizoo 28 Jan 2013 08:43:35 8,378 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I enjoy Parks and Recreation way more than Community.
  • Deleted user 28 January 2013 08:49:43
    Boardwalk Empire s2- 10/10

An improvement on the first season which was great as well. There were some good shocks throughout the season.
  • spindle9988 28 Jan 2013 09:18:56 3,590 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Dexter series 6 7.5/10

Better then 5 but nowhere near as good as 4. The bit where Debs wants to get it on with dex actually made me feel a bit uneasy. I just cant see any reason as to why this was written in. I was glad however that someone close has finally seen dexter in action, this will make 7 very interesting

People complained about the religous aspect but I found it quite a good plot
  • Dougs 28 Jan 2013 09:40:09 67,741 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Friday Night Lights S4. 6.5/10. Bit of a dip from the previous 3 seasons imo, and the whole East Dillon thing is terribly cliched. Still worth a watch though.
  • TechnoHippy 30 Jan 2013 21:19:10 14,715 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Haven - Season 3

I've enjoyed all the seasons so far and this was no exception. Some good twists and turns. The ending is a good one and I hope it means another season.

7/10

• BeheretiK 30 Jan 2013 21:23:00 883 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Really enjoyed season 3 of Haven as well and apparently it is a bit of a hit for Syfy so it was renewed for season 4 in November last year already. Really looking forward to what happens next!

3DS: 5241-1899-2292

• TechnoHippy 30 Jan 2013 21:33:21 14,715 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    That's good news.

• Page

of 93 First / Last