Rate the last TV series you watched (full seasons only) Page 5

• Page

of 95 First / Last

• monkehhh 15 May 2011 21:48:01 3,423 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    30 Rock - season 1

Really enjoyed this, one of those shows I've just not read up about at all - then finally got my hands on and just marathoned through it. The various characters are great - Baldwin and Morgan have some great moments. Plus I now have the hots for Tina Fey. Bring on season 2!
  • RMXtreme 15 May 2011 21:55:51 3,145 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Nikita Season 1

A rogue agent from a rogue intelligence agency trying to take down said agency. Sound promising right? Unfortunately it hasn't lived up to it's promise yet.

6/10

The Vampire Diaries Season 2

Awesome? Yup.

9/10
  • Gambit1977 15 May 2011 22:15:54 10,165 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    Just finished Generation Kill.

It’s superb, and completely unique. I don’t think I’ve ever engaged so fully with something I barely understood a word of. It really is incredibly compelling and the characters are wonderful. It breaks nearly every cliché.

Really can’t emphasise enough how good it was. 10/10
    Gotta love the Godfather :D amazing show!

True Blood season one is good, season two dragged on and I got bored after three epis
  • Gambit1977 15 May 2011 22:17:06 10,165 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    monkehhh wrote:
    30 Rock - season 1

Really enjoyed this, one of those shows I've just not read up about at all - then finally got my hands on and just marathoned through it. The various characters are great - Baldwin and Morgan have some great moments. Plus I now have the hots for Tina Fey. Bring on season 2!
    Wtf??? Nikita is far better than the vampire diaries...or are you a teenage girl? ;)
  • monkehhh 15 May 2011 22:30:44 3,423 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Gambit1977 wrote:
    monkehhh wrote:
    30 Rock - season 1

Wtf??? Nikita is far better than the vampire diaries...or are you a teenage girl? ;)
    Quote fail? ;)
  • MrE26 15 May 2011 22:32:01 1,960 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The Wire - The Complete Series - 10/10

Best tv show i've ever seen. Great characters, brilliantly written & acted & each season is sufficiently different to stop boredom setting in. Just brilliant stuff.

Can't recommend it highly enough.
  • RMXtreme 15 May 2011 22:47:39 3,145 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Gambit1977 wrote:
    RMXtreme wrote:
    30 Rock - season 1

Nikita Season 1

A rogue agent from a rogue intelligence agency trying to take down said agency. Sound promising right? Unfortunately it hasn't lived up to it's promise yet.

6/10

The Vampire Diaries Season 2

Awesome? Yup.

9/10

No I am not, but The Vampire Diaries is one of my favorite shows of the moment. And I don't even watch that many shows any more.
  • MightyMouse 15 May 2011 23:01:51 1,133 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The Good Wife series 1 and (almost all of) 2 - 9/10

Centres on the wife of a jailed politician going back into work as a lawyer in Chicago. Generally similar to legal procedurals, but with very, very good performances and quite a lot of extra depth given by the context. Highly recommend giving it a shot.
  • RMXtreme 16 May 2011 00:15:55 3,145 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    ^^^
    And that's another one of my favorites. I didn't really like the Blake/Kaldinda storyline in season 2; though it did result in a great scene in this seasons penultimate episode, but that coupled with a a couple weak cases of the week I'm rating this season 8-8,5/10 so far.
  • YenooR 17 May 2011 08:25:13 533 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The Pillars of the Earth 8/10. Really enjoyed this. I don't know if it was fact or fiction but it was a great story and well made.
  • Garlvinlandblueblood 17 May 2011 21:39:39 430 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Buffy - season 5 - 10/10

Still my favourite show ever, with The Wire, and probably my favourite season too. So many classic episodes in this one season, Whedon is a god
  • dominalien 17 May 2011 21:41:25 7,019 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Castle Season 3. 7/10

PSN: DonOsito

• Hunam 17 May 2011 21:57:18 20,674 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Pah, Castle was at least a 9.

Nikita was great too. Out of ten? 8 I guess. Great ending to the season/show (possibly) and I loved how much story they packed into it.

Chuck Season 4: 8/10. Pacing suffered a bit and the Buy More should have been axed but as usual, it's a charm offensive every episode and it works.

HIMYM S7: 5/10, still funny but overall story was crap.

Smallville S10: 6/10. Liked the ending, but the amount of movie rip-off episodes kinda took the biscuit.
  • Deleted user 17 May 2011 23:18:18
    Hunam wrote:
    Pah, Castle was at least a 9.

Nikita was great too. Out of ten? 8 I guess. Great ending to the season/show (possibly) and I loved how much story they packed into it.

Chuck Season 4: 8/10. Pacing suffered a bit and the Buy More should have been axed but as usual, it's a charm offensive every episode and it works.

HIMYM S7: 5/10, still funny but overall story was crap.

Smallville S10: 6/10. Liked the ending, but the amount of movie rip-off episodes kinda took the biscuit.

They have confirmed a second season for Nikita.
  • RMXtreme 18 May 2011 23:20:53 3,145 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The Good Wife Season 2

A good finale to close a good season with a few missteps.

8.5/10
  • boo 19 May 2011 15:49:40 11,831 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Watched Dolhouse a while back, but have only just got round to watching Season 2.
    Wow.

S1 started of pretty slow, and didn't really get going until 'Spy In The House Of Love', at which point it became a lot more interesting.

Started watching season 2 a while back, got 3 eps in, and thought it was going to be a bit dull, so put it to one side.

I'm glad I came back to it - it picked up with the Priya ep, and after that, I'd say it was up there with some of the best from the Whedonverse. The twists and turns were awesome, and in Epitaph 2, when Topher goes up to the office with the device... I got something in my eye at that point.

Just Another Lego Blog

• RMXtreme 20 May 2011 20:08:32 3,145 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Parks & Recreation Season 3

Best comedy on television.

10/10

Archer Season 2

A close second.

9.5/10

The Mentalist Season 3

One of the few procedural cop shows I still watch. Great 2-hour season finale.

7,5/10
  • TOOTR 20 May 2011 20:34:10 9,602 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Fringe Season 3

Enjoyable enough hokum and glad it was not cancelled. A couple of standout episodes (out of 23) but overall it often comes across as 'Lost-lite' to me in terms of arc structure and overall production - to really soar will need more characters punching above their weight than it currently does.

8/10

BinaryBob101 wrote:
    The Danger Mouse reboot worries me a great deal.

• Gambit1977 20 May 2011 21:12:31 10,165 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    TOOTR wrote:
    Fringe Season 3

Enjoyable enough hokum and glad it was not cancelled. A couple of standout episodes (out of 23) but overall it often comes across as 'Lost-lite' to me in terms of arc structure and overall production - to really soar will need more characters punching above their weight than it currently does.

8/10
    Am quickly losing patience with this. Mainly because Olivia talks all gruff now, yet doesn't walk or move like an old man...so her vocal chords got affected did they???

Picky yes, but I love fringe and this is slowly becoming stupid :'(

Oh, and just finished season 2 of V. Yeah it's pants, but I have followed it and am not happy it's ended on a cliffhanger with an interesting new arc, and has been canned :(
  • xandaca 21 May 2011 04:03:13 444 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Community: Its experimental nature meant that there were a few dips here and there, and sometimes humour was sacrificed for startlingly strong drama, but this was a terrific season and the highs were as good as anything else on air. Plus, Annie. Annie, Annie, Annie. 8/10

Parks & Recreation: I only started watching this season and while it took me a few episodes to get into the characters and their rhythms, all the praise is fully deserved. This is without doubt the most consistently hysterical and touching program on air today. 'April & Andy's Fancy Party' is the single best episode of anything this year, although Community's 'A Fistful of Paintballs' put up a late fight. Exceptional. Also, Ron Swanson. 9/10

Chuck: I often question why I still watch this as there's a lot wrong with the program, not least some truly shoddy writing and a budget that is squeezing ever tighter, but the lead characters work so well together and Chuck, Sarah, Casey and Morgan are an awesome comic team. Adding Timothy Dalton into the mix was an effing masterstroke, so while the year was pretty up and down in terms of quality, this year was much better than Season 3 and had some pretty great moments when on form. Next year will be its last, so hopefully the characters will get the send-off they deserve. 6/10
  • Gambit1977 22 May 2011 09:55:31 10,165 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Torchwood: Children of Earth

I've had a mass Torchwood session over the last week with the wife (she's getting into Who since Moffat/Smith arrived). The series starts okish, in fact I'd forgotten how bad some RTD ideas can be, but the characters get under your skin and it's entertaining...season 2 got better, but I always remembered this as the best series and a genuinely good tv show. Yup, I was right. It's got everything, emotional, humourous, troubling, action packed. Yeah there's still RTDs amazing deus ex ending when it appears all hope is lost, but god, does it feel like all hope really is lost.

Now primed for miracle day, which with Jane Espenson writing, I'm really excited about.

I'd also forgotten how genuinely sick the aim of the antagonists is. Ugh!

and farewell Ianto, you were awesome :)

If you've never seen it, give it a go before July 8th, and enjoy something great :)

Edited by Gambit1977 at 09:56:01 22-05-2011
  • Scurrminator 22 May 2011 10:02:43 8,437 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Spartacus Blood and Sand.
    10/10 brilliant. So much better than any clips or trailers would have you believe. Excellent characters and story.

You dare to strike Scurrcules!?

• Gambit1977 22 May 2011 10:04:01 10,165 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Scurrminator wrote:
    Spartacus Blood and Sand.
    10/10 brilliant. So much better than any clips or trailers would have you believe. Excellent characters and story.
    The most surprising series I've ever watched. Really expected heaps of shitness.
  • TechnoHippy 22 May 2011 10:26:00 14,719 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I found the first couple of episodes of Blood and Sand ok, but not great. Then it just clicked and I thought it was excellent from that point on.

My books, contests, reviews and author interviews on my blog

• Ocrovastru 22 May 2011 10:27:20 610 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago

Dexter Season 4. 10/10

Sweet Jesus Christ. Started ok then ramped up the tension and the interplay between Dexter and Trinity to amazing heights.

The ending almost knocked my head off.

Now....Straight onto series 5!
  • Deleted user 22 May 2011 10:54:20
    Spartacus Blood and Sand - 8/10

Started off as probably (and I know I'm bad for the hyperbole but I'm being as honest as I can here) the worst programme I had ever seen. The worst acting, script, direction ever. It was painful to watch and would be funny if it hadn't already passed the benefit of the doubt parody stakes with its shitness. But it picked up quickly after the third episode and got better and better, to the point where I was addicted and was jumping at the TV with the fight scenes (the end 'jump off/up' will stick in my mind for a long time!). By the end of it I thought it was great.

West Wing (all seasons) 9/10
    Some of the best TV I have ever watched. The writing and acting were so top notch it made up for the rage Sorkin can induce (with his genius, super fast and unrealistic conversations). Sheen was amazing and has made his way onto my favourite actors of all time list with his performance throughout. So much happened that I want to talk about but in order to keep it short I'll say that I loved it from start to end, but it did lose some of its appeal with the last 3 seasons as the group dynamic was broken up (which was a huge part of the series) and the new interesting plot lines never quite made up for this.
  • M83J01P97 22 May 2011 13:22:51 6,668 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    True Blood - Season 2: 9/10

Another superb season, liked how they handled the two story arcs side by side right up until the final two episodes, and as ridiculous as the Maenad story could have been it was really nicely paced, but wasn't too keen on it's conclusion. Surely she should have noticed that Sam was the bull? I remember her noticing he was a dog earlier in the season?.
  • TechnoHippy 22 May 2011 14:25:13 14,719 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    V Season 2

An improvement over the first series and the finale was pretty good. While not the greatest show, it kept me interested enough to keep watching.

6/10

My books, contests, reviews and author interviews on my blog

• Page

of 95 First / Last