Dragon's Dogma Page 142

• Page

of 147 First / Last

• UncleLou Moderator 12 Oct 2017 14:03:06 38,604 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    shamblemonkee wrote:
    it's in a chest at the back of the dungeon iirc. i like that quest - apart from the slates being so heavy
    Yeah - slates are annoying, but the Dungeon is absolutely fantastic, imo.
  • quadfather 12 Oct 2017 14:03:58 28,845 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Graxlar_v3 wrote:
    quadfather wrote:
    Also, in case you've not noticed this, when you bring up the quests and view them on the map and cycle through them, it'll point out the red rings where you need to go for a specific quest.

However, if you're outside and it doesn't point to one of these quest rings then you need to explore and find it. Sometimes it's a little kinder and displays a red circular area to give you an idea.

However again, if you're inside a city and do this, it'll show you the red rings where you need to go inside, but if any are located outside, the cursor just zooms to the front of the castle gates, indicating you need to go outside and 'scan' again.

Green icon over people's heads = they have a new quest
    Yellow icon over people's heads = they have information about a quest
    Red icon over someone's head = has information or is someone you need to speak to about a quest
    Blue icon over someone's head = go there to complete the quest
    What i love is when you speak to them and their icon doesnt disappear so you question yourself over whether you have spoken to them enough.
    Yeah, that's a bit stupid, but sometimes quest progression also takes in other factors like where you are, what time it is etc, so they stay yellow because they might have more info later, depending on where you are in the quest timeline. It goes when you've completed the quest though.
  • shamblemonkee 12 Oct 2017 14:04:12 17,469 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @quadfather just checked, not in a chest, but it is at the back...
  • quadfather 12 Oct 2017 14:04:46 28,845 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    UncleLou wrote:
    shamblemonkee wrote:
    it's in a chest at the back of the dungeon iirc. i like that quest - apart from the slates being so heavy
    Yeah - slates are annoying, but the Dungeon is absolutely fantastic, imo.
    Obviously I fell into the water pretty much immediately upon entering the dungeon :)
  • quadfather 12 Oct 2017 14:05:40 28,845 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    shamblemonkee wrote:
    @quadfather just checked, not in a chest, but it is at the back...
    Cheers, I need to look it up too - I'm *sure* I've looked everywhere!
  • FuzzyDucky 12 Oct 2017 14:05:55 2,395 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    I had a Google as I want to advance. They guy that tells me where to go never spawned, so I just went to the location that he would've told me about and hey ho the gang's all here.

Onward!
  • quadfather 12 Oct 2017 14:37:01 28,845 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @FuzzyDucky

Yay!
  • quadfather 12 Oct 2017 14:39:36 28,845 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Also, I've just been reading about vocations.

Fuck me, I thought about going Mystic Knight after reading its skills, but now I think I want to go Assassin after reading that afterwards...

Mystic Knight has this -

Magic Cannon, in particular, is among the most gamebreaking skills in the game.The skill places an orb of energy that, when struck, sends orbs of damaging energy that automatically home in on targets. This can take on elemental qualities and up to three can be put at once and still last long enough to be effective (four can be placed at once, yet the first one then disappears too quickly for it to be worth it). Combine this with another basic skill and an enchantment, and you have a magical machine gun turret that slaughters basically every enemy type in the game, bosses included.
    A skill that, when used in the correct combo, becomes effectively a machine gun. Watch a boss's life bar and you'll see that this is more than a metaphor; the way it takes down the health bar down extremely quickly in a series of bursts looks like a machine gun.

Sounds good doesn't it.

But then there's this for the Assassin...

Wind Harness: This, more than anything else this Vocation has to offer, is why it is so gamebreaking. This temporarily increases your speed at everything; moving, jumping, falling, stopping, picking up items, and attacking. Combine this with Scarlet Kisses and, if a Mystic Knight's Magic Cannons are a machine gun, this is a laser-bladed buzzsaw that is on fire spinning at the speed of light. It eats through enemy and boss health in a way that it really looks like you're pressing a buzzsaw to it's health bar and pushing it across the screen; this is the boss-slayer, and it works on everything. Even enemy's too small to grapple will fall in seconds if that, to this. Add in Showdown for a Strength and thus damage boost. And if you really want to go for overkill? Use a Liquid Vim and activate Invisibility so that you become invulnerable until it runs out.
  • FuzzyDucky 12 Oct 2017 15:21:49 2,395 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Sooooo I guess that massive arse Griffin that breathes fire is immune to fire :)

/Am dead
  • quadfather 12 Oct 2017 15:29:20 28,845 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I think I might mage Vyrt a sorcerer. He can then link spells with the rented sorc I'm using for some massive damage. Just need to keep them away from the monsters long enough for them to actually cast the spell without being interrupted.

Need to farm gold to get shitloads of curatives though to replace the mage's heal
  • FuzzyDucky 12 Oct 2017 15:35:41 2,395 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Yeah that wasn't a Griffin and that ain't happening...

Different quest it is then.
  • quadfather 12 Oct 2017 15:37:41 28,845 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    What was it?
  • FuzzyDucky 12 Oct 2017 15:42:49 2,395 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    A rather fucking large dragon! :D
  • quadfather 12 Oct 2017 15:46:30 28,845 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Lol!

One attacked me and my party at night once. I heard something awful, saw something getting larger that looks suspiciously like a very large thing on fire hurtling towards me and the next thing it was game over :)
  • FuzzyDucky 12 Oct 2017 15:52:49 2,395 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Oh FFS accidentally restarted the game in Easy Mode.
  • Mrsyms 12 Oct 2017 16:59:39 53 posts
    Seen 60 minutes ago
    Registered 8 months ago
    @FuzzyDucky was that the dragon in the woods? I stumbled into him and all 9 of his health bars. I died. When i reloaded i ran past him to the objective and i have never seen him since.

I need a bit of advisr if anyone could help.

I am currently trying to make sure an innocent man goes free on his trial. I have gathered all the evidence and testimonies, do i now just have to wait two more in game days for the quest to continue and the trial to start? I cant find any other way to progress the quest.
  • FuzzyDucky 12 Oct 2017 17:03:56 2,395 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    @Mrsyms The very one!

Legged it past myself, objective complete, just limping back to base now!
  • Mrsyms 12 Oct 2017 17:25:04 53 posts
    Seen 60 minutes ago
    Registered 8 months ago
    @FuzzyDucky do you have the eternal ferrystone or any ferrystones yet? They are a very useful tool!
  • robthehermit 12 Oct 2017 17:27:00 6,118 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @Mrsyms Try speaking to Aldous. If that doesn't work, just go and farm the dragon for a bit.
  • shamblemonkee 12 Oct 2017 17:38:19 17,469 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @Mrsyms yeah time will need to advanc
  • Mrsyms 12 Oct 2017 17:42:41 53 posts
    Seen 60 minutes ago
    Registered 8 months ago
    Thanks for the advise guys. Finish work soon so will give it a try then :)
  • Fonzie 12 Oct 2017 17:52:22 3,033 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    Also, I've just been reading about vocations.

Fuck me, I thought about going Mystic Knight after reading its skills, but now I think I want to go Assassin after reading that afterwards...

Mystic Knight has this -

Magic Cannon, in particular, is among the most gamebreaking skills in the game.The skill places an orb of energy that, when struck, sends orbs of damaging energy that automatically home in on targets. This can take on elemental qualities and up to three can be put at once and still last long enough to be effective (four can be placed at once, yet the first one then disappears too quickly for it to be worth it). Combine this with another basic skill and an enchantment, and you have a magical machine gun turret that slaughters basically every enemy type in the game, bosses included.
    A skill that, when used in the correct combo, becomes effectively a machine gun. Watch a boss's life bar and you'll see that this is more than a metaphor; the way it takes down the health bar down extremely quickly in a series of bursts looks like a machine gun.

Sounds good doesn't it.

But then there's this for the Assassin...

Wind Harness: This, more than anything else this Vocation has to offer, is why it is so gamebreaking. This temporarily increases your speed at everything; moving, jumping, falling, stopping, picking up items, and attacking. Combine this with Scarlet Kisses and, if a Mystic Knight's Magic Cannons are a machine gun, this is a laser-bladed buzzsaw that is on fire spinning at the speed of light. It eats through enemy and boss health in a way that it really looks like you're pressing a buzzsaw to it's health bar and pushing it across the screen; this is the boss-slayer, and it works on everything. Even enemy's too small to grapple will fall in seconds if that, to this. Add in Showdown for a Strength and thus damage boost. And if you really want to go for overkill? Use a Liquid Vim and activate Invisibility so that you become invulnerable until it runs out.
    Go Mystic Knight. Magic Cannon is all you need. Place 2 or 3 down next to each other and keep hitting them. The magic cannon balls home in on enemies, and weak spots on bigger enemies. It can decimate health bars if you level up correctly and use the correct weapons. Makes dragons a piece of piss to take down.

Edited by Fonzie at 17:53:13 12-10-2017
  • shamblemonkee 12 Oct 2017 18:02:58 17,469 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @Fonzie on 360 the magic cannon used to send the fps to single digits
  • JiveHound 12 Oct 2017 18:05:00 8,746 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Oh I remember this dragon, I wonder if......ARRRRRGGGH I'm on fire!
  • FuzzyDucky 12 Oct 2017 18:20:06 2,395 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Just changed vocation to a Sorcerer... Playstyle is a whole lot different to the Strider!
  • JiveHound 12 Oct 2017 18:58:37 8,746 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    This game is bloody brilliant. I forgot how much I enjoyed it first time around. Criminal how it's not had a sequel, did it flop?
  • quadfather 12 Oct 2017 19:29:34 28,845 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @JiveHound

No idea tbh. Must admit I'm well looking forward to bbi. Well, you know what I mean when I say "looking forward to it" :)

Yup, I'm hooked at the moment. After the pub I'm going full auto on it later!
  • FuzzyDucky 12 Oct 2017 21:32:23 2,395 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Sorcerer is a decent change of pace, but not as fun as wading in and wrecking the place. Have the vocation meter up to 5 so might swap over to a Magick Knight.

Once I got a few decent quests down this has turned into some good stuff! Currently 10 hours into my projected 12. Might have a break and order a takeaway :)
  • StarchildHypocrethes 12 Oct 2017 22:15:45 30,562 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    There's something very satisfying about luring that ogre in Everfall to fall to it's death.
  • GoodForm 12 Oct 2017 22:33:28 1,720 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    It will have a sequel. It will be announced at this year's PSX event. This is not wishful thinking. Capcom already announced that they'll annouce something big at PSX. I'm quite certain it's either Deep Down finally being ready to go, or Dragon's Dogma 2. I hope the latter is true.

It was actually quite successful. Successful enough for it to get an MMO sequel for the Japanese market and an anime and god knows what else. The whole Japanese-style multimedia treatment.

Remember Deep Down? Likely vapourware, but it's not been officially cancelled yet. That looked a lot like a Dragon's Dogma game to me. So it's either that, which isn't far off Dragon's Dogma gameplay and setting-wise, or it's Dragon's Dogma 2 proper.

Edited by GoodForm at 22:35:15 12-10-2017
  • Page

of 147 First / Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.