Dragon's Dogma Page 118

• Page

of 132 First / Last

• shamblemonkee 4 May 2013 18:48:53 14,263 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @fletch7100 argh fletch now you have me wondering about Bioshock an i've not even played it.
  • shamblemonkee 4 May 2013 18:50:43 14,263 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    pfft, i'm at 500000rc because i only use fwends pawns

Edited by shamblemonkee at 18:50:52 04-05-2013
  • Shikasama 4 May 2013 19:53:02 6,606 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Rodriguez wrote:
    I'm really tempted by the max level Assassin augment called Autonomy which, as the name suggests, activates if you're alone without your pawns. Like Bloodlust, it grants a 70% increase to strength and magic and a 30 point increase to Defence & Magic Defence
    Do you mean as a backup for if all of your pawns are dead or t actually run around on your todd?

s a ranger that'll produce certain difficulties, such as wraiths and you won't be able to kill Living Armours.
  • Rodriguez 4 May 2013 20:19:34 1,083 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'd say more as a backup for if my pawns get snuffed out (might be useful for Death/BI Boss perhaps??)

On another matter Shika, here's a nice list ;)
  • Vortex808 5 May 2013 09:27:05 6,948 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Spent some time poking around gran soren last night. I have so many notice board quests now, never mind all the others :)

It's great fun, and my visit to the everfall went surprisingly ok too. Thankfully some wise pawn had prior knowledge, so told me to just leg it having reached the bottom. I assume that is invincible at this stage.

One thing though, I dismissed a pawn I had used for one small mission or so and had to rate and review fletch's pawn, yet have never had to do that for anyone else's pawn yet, despite having them for much longer. What's that all about?

Also apologies for no decent gift fletch, I had nothing to compare to your gear.
  • fletch7100 5 May 2013 09:44:46 6,950 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Vortex808

Think the not able to give gifts is for people who havent got the DA game. Got some pawns on my friends list i cant give gifts to, some i can who i believe are playing the new game now.

Did take your pawn to Bitterblack Isle, that was quite fun :) Will rehire your pawn for some more fun antics. Not playing the game on hard this PT, so taking lower level pawns with me and throwing them some decent kit.

Also about the Everfall visit that opens up more later in the game.

Also seen my first level capped pawn, wandering around Gran Soren in just a thong,bra and cape. The dirty girl. 3 million RC to hire that high class pawn

Edited by fletch7100 at 09:45:18 05-05-2013
  • Vortex808 5 May 2013 10:10:43 6,948 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    :)

Thanks for taking her for the trip over there, i hope she didn't die *too* much! Man, I want to visit Bitterblack isle a lot, but am still far too low level. Nearly in the twenties now though. Serves me right for grinding defiance a fair bit the last few nights.

Tonight more DD is the plan. I wasn't going to play much last night, but was on until 2am having got a bit side-tracked...

Still no idea why I'm not playing bio shock infinite much!
  • NewbieZilla 5 May 2013 10:10:46 239 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Vortex808 wrote:One thing though, I dismissed a pawn I had used for one small mission or so and had to rate and review fletch's pawn, yet have never had to do that for anyone else's pawn yet, despite having them for much longer. What's that all about?
    I've always had to review pawns that were owned by others. If I play offline, and am using one of the default pawns, I'm guessing I wouldnt though. Though I haven't checked. Even when offline I can stick to the pawns I hired online, so had no reason to test it.
  • Vortex808 5 May 2013 10:15:07 6,948 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    All the pawns I've used have been from folk from here. I think fletch has it - i have used duff's original DD snoosnoo, but not his DA version, who hasn't wandered out of the mist yet. So couldn't review/gift them

I also used robthe hermit's bunny, but again wasn't allowed to gift or review them either. Not sure if rob has been playing this recently though.
  • robthehermit 5 May 2013 10:33:36 3,969 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I started playing it again yesterday. Took a trip over to BI and got my arse handed to me by a Cyclops so ran away again. I think I'm going to to do some more of the main game first and try to build some levels. What class is your pawn Vortex? I'll see if I've got some spare equipment laying around that is suitable.

GT: robthehermit

Velim esset mundus iustus futuis procul et mori.

• Shikasama 5 May 2013 10:42:17 6,606 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    If I have to dive into the murkey depths of the Pawns list I always search for males only.

Too many female pawns are crap because the owner either wants to amke them look like hookers, or prebubescent hookers.
  • Vortex808 5 May 2013 10:46:24 6,948 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I re-specced them to a fighter from a Mage last night, Rob.

My FL was mostly all mages, so I thought I had better change. There are now some warriors and rangers there too, so I should have possibly left it a bit longer, but I can always change her back after a while of levelling her up as a fighter.

Any hand-me downs you have would be very welcome, but I'm at such a low level you have probably sold all the gear required at my level!
  • shamblemonkee 5 May 2013 11:09:41 14,263 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    My Yuki is a Fighter again after some time spent as various ranged classes if you'd like. I promise she's equipped classily. heh.
  • Shikasama 5 May 2013 11:32:18 6,606 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Bangin, finally managed to kill the end boss on the second run through.

Very satisfying. Now to see all the non Ranger gear I get.
  • Kostabi 5 May 2013 13:11:27 4,875 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I just encountered my very first ogre who managed to kill me just before I got the final swing in. No problem, on the second attempt I get him down to half health at which point he decides to commit suicide by taking a running jump off the ledge. :D

I know it's a bug of sorts but it seems to fit within the atmosphere of the game somehow.
  • ardamillo 5 May 2013 13:21:17 519 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Whew, a week after restarting, I made it to the "end" this time. Took me about half the time of my previous play through - it's a very different experience when you know how it all works. Not so thrilling but still satisfying to crush enemies that traumatised us the first time through. Very decent boss fight too I thought, and a great twist at the end: my arisen is gay! Now to figure out why the sky is green...

Also backing up my save after every session. That will probably be the lasting legacy of DD for me: paranoia!
  • Shikasama 5 May 2013 14:04:15 6,606 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Got death to his last bar now >=)
  • Rodriguez 5 May 2013 14:17:16 1,083 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Shikasama wrote:
    Bangin, finally managed to kill the end boss on the second run through.

Very satisfying. Now to see all the non Ranger gear I get.
    Did you get any tasty gear Shika?

ardamillo wrote:
    Very decent boss fight too I thought, and a great twist at the end: my arisen is gay! Now to figure out why the sky is green...
    Heh! I'm sorry to break the news to you Ardamillo, but by the sounds of where you're at in the game... you haven't actually completed the main story yet.... ;-)
  • Shikasama 5 May 2013 14:37:42 6,606 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yeah I got the BI3 daggers which I've now upgraded...very pleased with them! I've also got Bokur one or two extra bits which means I'll have to play the dragnofrge game at some point again >.< Th cloak that you get from completing the 'Kill the boss again' quest is insane.

I've killed the boss a few times now but not got anything really decent since the first time, although the rings are noticeably better. Now just trying to hunt down Death to tick off that box.
  • NewbieZilla 5 May 2013 15:43:26 239 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Rodriguez wrote:Heh! I'm sorry to break the news to you Ardamillo, but by the sounds of where you're at in the game... you haven't actually completed the main story yet.... ;-)
    Before I played the game, I heard there was a post game... I don't think post game means the same to us as some.
  • Rodriguez 5 May 2013 16:49:37 1,083 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ah hell, this is just ridiculous :cry:

http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s510/Chaos3ngine/TwoWyrms.jpg" />]
  • robthehermit 5 May 2013 16:52:37 3,969 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Vortex808 You might want to have a kip at an inn when you get the chance.

• robthehermit 5 May 2013 16:54:19 3,969 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @L_Franko So might you.

• fletch7100 5 May 2013 18:15:08 6,950 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Well Vortexs pawn ( level 9 mage ) helped me Uncke Ruckus and Bokur kill some sort of giant Minotaur type thingy who carries a giant hammer/club thingy :). 22k exp points thanks

Edited by fletch7100 at 18:15:24 05-05-2013
  • Vortex808 5 May 2013 18:27:58 6,948 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Thanks Rob, it's much appreciated.

/awaits receipt of a rock and some rotten berries. ;)

I really can't wait to be fighting the monsters you high level folks are battling now. The game is great and I just can't wait for the epic battles to start!
  • lordofthedunce 5 May 2013 18:30:24 375 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Just got to level 35 and realised my pawn is basically the character I want to be! Hmm.
  • Shikasama 5 May 2013 18:35:05 6,606 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I need Death to pop up, he comes one more time and he's done but can't get him to sodding spawn
  • Rodriguez 5 May 2013 19:23:50 1,083 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm getting totally and absolutely hammered at the moment :-(!

I'd finally managed to despatch those two Wyrms I was facing earlier, only to now be greeted by 3 living armours and a Wyvern in the area on the lead up to the boss chamber... I don't think I'll have any curatives left by then!!
  • fletch7100 5 May 2013 20:04:14 6,950 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Rodriguez

Guess I'm nowhere near that part of the game. Only just recently killed off the Gazer. Got a headpiece that looks like a unicorn horn or in a certain light looks like my character is wearing a strap on as a hat

Finally got some decent weapon loot sword and fire bow
  • Rodriguez 5 May 2013 20:23:52 1,083 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    fletch7100 wrote:
    @Rodriguez

Guess I'm nowhere near that part of the game. Only just recently killed off the Gazer. Got a headpiece that looks like a unicorn horn or in a certain light looks like my character is wearing a strap on as a hat

Finally got some decent weapon loot sword and fire bow
    I'd amend my last post to include 3 Eliminators into the mix too (the big minotaur things) Bokur just copped it being blown off a cliff by Wyvern storm breath :cry:

BTW, I'm loving the look of Uncle Rukus! I laughed hard when I saw him in the rift! I miss mewling quim, but I guess Ol' Uncle Rukus will have my back when called upon and my Dwarf main character will finally have someone to mix with of his own stature :D
  • Page

of 132 First / Last