Dragon's Dogma Page 97

• Page

of 132 First / Last

• EMarkM 13 Jan 2013 13:04:44 3,133 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    ...and finished!

My GOTY 2012, no doubt of it.

Thoroughly enjoyed the last few hours. Everfall was just starting to feel grindy, but I only needed a couple more stones and it went OK in the end.

Played and watched all the way through to "take up arms, Arisen" in new game, but saved there and quit.

Dark Souls PTD awaits :)
  • mrharvest 13 Jan 2013 13:30:36 5,155 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Rodriguez wrote:
    D'oh /0\ You'll kick yourself mrharvest because you can actually give those flowers straight back to Quina. It can even make her fall in love with you!! :)
    Great! D:
  • neilqpr 19 Jan 2013 13:31:51 2,797 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It's my understanding thst the pawns you see in the rift when you enter are your friends pawns, and that these are free to hire. To hire more pawns around your levelyou have to go into the rift stone and do a search.

I've put about 30 odd hours in since Christmas, I think my pawn has been picked up twice by real life players. Probably would have been busier just after the release date.
  • lordofthedunce 19 Jan 2013 16:58:13 352 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Graveland wrote:
    I started playing this last night and so far it has exceeded my expectations. I thought the demo was OK, but nothing special. I'm almost certain the graphics have been improved in the game over the demo.

Just a quick question, if you would be so kind:
    Realistically speaking, how likely is my low-level pawn to be selected by other players at this point in the game's history? I would love for other players to use my creation (and boost the pawn's stats) but I don't want to get my hopes up if it's unlikely to happen. The pawns that I'm able to choose from when I first enter the portal(?) seem to be of a similar level to my Arisen. Are these pawns the most recently created, or are they random choices from the server?

Oh, one final question. I'm playing on PS3. Is it possible to create more than one save file for the game and store them on a USB stick? After playing, save it to the USB stick and then delete it from the HD and upload whichever save file I choose when I decide to play the game again. I only ask because my missus will probably enjoy the game, but we're kinda limited by one save file that the game permits.

Cheers.
    I have played a few hours now and I think my pawn had been used by someone because when I last stayed at an inn it updated my game and I had been gifted a rock! I've been giving pawns much nicer stuff!

This could have worked so well as a co-op game with each player having a pawn in tow. Still, loving it so far.

Edited by lordofthedunce at 16:59:21 19-01-2013
  • neilqpr 19 Jan 2013 21:05:33 2,797 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Again I could be wrong, but I think the message about your pawn being used in another realm doesn't mean that your pawn was used by someone else. I think it's just the game saying it's been used to continue the illusion of other realms.

My pawn has only receieved two rankings, so I think it's only been used by other (human) players twice.

As I say, I could be wrong and am happy to be corrected!

Anyway just finished (well I think there is post-game stuff to do). Great in places, annoying in others. Solid 8/10.
  • neilqpr 19 Jan 2013 22:09:31 2,797 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    So it turns out I'm haven't finished!
  • oldschoolsoviet 20 Jan 2013 00:24:33 5,415 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    neilqpr wrote:
    Again I could be wrong, but I think the message about your pawn being used in another realm doesn't mean that your pawn was used by someone else. I think it's just the game saying it's been used to continue the illusion of other realms.

My pawn has only receieved two rankings, so I think it's only been used by other (human) players twice.

As I say, I could be wrong and am happy to be corrected!

Anyway just finished (well I think there is post-game stuff to do). Great in places, annoying in others. Solid 8/10.
    Rewards are based on what your pawn learnt and experienced in another players game. So, if your pawn was used to ransack houses and chib a few goblins, don't expect much. If it's been on a six hour slog through the endgame killing big monsters and lewting fortunes, it'll return with a more valuable item. That's in addition to whatever was gifted from the player too. Other players can use your pawn without leaving reviews/rewards too, but even getting your pawn seen/chosen is a challenge !

Also, if you think you're finished, you might not be. Basic spoiler free check is whether you've seen the credits in book form/prompted to make an endgame/NG+ save. Neither of those, equals more to do.
  • EMarkM 20 Jan 2013 07:18:58 3,133 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    That book totally blew me away.

Won't spoil it, but my pawn's quote really made me smile.
  • neilqpr 20 Jan 2013 17:51:08 2,797 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just entered everfall, that giant fucking eyeball can do one, no fun at all.
  • MysteryLamb 22 Jan 2013 19:01:30 525 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I've been waiting ages for this to go cheap but I can't find it in stock anywhere for less that 30.

Any ideas?
  • Ranger_Ryu 22 Jan 2013 19:56:36 975 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    14:99 PS3
    http://www.graingergames.co.uk/games/ps3/pn950-dragons-dogma

17.99 Xbox 360 (didn't know which format you had)
    http://www.graingergames.co.uk/games/xbox-360/xt1084-dragons-dogma
  • quadfather 22 Jan 2013 20:22:20 10,549 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    EMarkM wrote:
    ...and finished!

My GOTY 2012, no doubt of it.

Thoroughly enjoyed the last few hours. Everfall was just starting to feel grindy, but I only needed a couple more stones and it went OK in the end.

Played and watched all the way through to "take up arms, Arisen" in new game, but saved there and quit.

Dark Souls PTD awaits :)
    I shall await your posts in the dark souls thread :p

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• MysteryLamb 22 Jan 2013 20:52:56 525 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Ranger_Ryu wrote:
    14:99 PS3
    http://www.graingergames.co.uk/games/ps3/pn950-dragons-dogma

17.99 Xbox 360 (didn't know which format you had)
    http://www.graingergames.co.uk/games/xbox-360/xt1084-dragons-dogma
    You can be my hero baby, you can wash away the pain.....
  • quadfather 23 Jan 2013 15:15:00 10,549 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    dark arisen screenshots

oo, and release dates

Edited by quadfather at 15:16:52 23-01-2013

• quadfather 23 Jan 2013 15:19:24 10,549 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Unlimited ferrystones \o/

• the_dudefather 23 Jan 2013 15:21:52 8,978 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    If Dark Arisen indeed has a 'fast travel' of sorts, I might buy it again

got so far in DD, but slogging around the map got pretty tedious IMO

(ง ͠ ͟ʖ ͡)

• quadfather 23 Jan 2013 15:24:23 10,549 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @the_dudefather - looks like they may have listened to the feedback similiar to yours.

I didn't mind it to be honest, but if it means more people will get it, then it's all good - let the pawn swapping begin again!

• mikeck 23 Jan 2013 15:43:31 1,837 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I think this news is enough for me to start playing the post-game now, in preparation for the DLC finally coming.

I honestly can't remember where I left off...I know I 'completed' the game though (to some degree).
  • quadfather 23 Jan 2013 15:48:38 10,549 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I have no idea where I am, or what stage I'm at, or even what character spec I am :)

• Dangerous_Dan 23 Jan 2013 16:10:47 2,175 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I was thinking about getting the Dark Arisen edition. Played the demo last year. I do hope that fast travel can be permanently deactivated. Fast Travel was one of the few terrible things about Fallout 3, besides the technical problems on PS3.
  • puddleduck 23 Jan 2013 16:18:21 1,850 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    I have no idea where I am, or what stage I'm at, or even what character spec I am :)
    Sounds about right :lol:
  • quadfather 23 Jan 2013 16:32:19 10,549 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    puddleduck wrote:
    quadfather wrote:
    Sounds about right :lol:
    yup - it's typical me alright :)

• FanBoysSuck 23 Jan 2013 17:09:12 1,385 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Is there any details on where the new content pops up? I'm half way through new game plus cheevo hunting.

For the emperor!

• neilqpr 23 Jan 2013 19:58:47 2,797 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Right now I've finished it. Still an 8/10. Quite enjoyed post game and everfall, stupid evil eye apart.
  • kinky_mong 28 Jan 2013 11:10:12 9,607 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I keep seeing conflicting storied about the new Dark Arisen DLC, so would greatly appreciate some clarification on the following:

Will it only be available on the new disc/full download, or will it be available as just DLC if you have the original game?

Are the 100,000 Rift Crystals, and unlimited Ferrystones bonus only avaialable if you already have a character save from the original game?

Basically I have an unopened copy of the game on my shelf so I'm wondering if it's worth trading it in now while I can still get a good value for it, and whether I should start it quickly so I can get those bonuses when Dark Arisen comes out in April.

I'll never get my Orc looking the same again.

• Triggerhappytel 28 Jan 2013 11:16:52 2,664 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I think you only get the rewards if it detects a save on your HDD. I believe Dark Arisen is only getting released on disc, although Capcom may later revert as it seems like an odd decision. As it stands, I was loving the game but have listed my copy for sale and will re-buy DA and pick it back up there.
  • DUFFMAN5 28 Jan 2013 11:20:36 13,814 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Kinky, I would think you will get enouth for your copy, even if you open and save very early (for bonus)then sell. I sold mine on Play last week for 18. I then ordered the new version for 14 from Amazon, :)

It is like a good chunk of DLC for free.

"Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• Page

of 132 First / Last